Post University Employee Reviews

Faculty
Online Professor (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTNovember 29, 2017
I work here as an online adjunct professor. The online faculty are not valued or respected and you are never sure whether you are going to get class or not. It is definitely not a position you can count on for employment.
Pros
online opportunity
Cons
No job security
Fun and Enjoyable
RESIDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTNovember 27, 2017
I took this job to have some extra money for school. The RA program was great, and I would recommend anyone to try this while they are at school. Helped me meet new people while teaching me out to organize a small group.
Post University
Consultant / Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTNovember 12, 2017
Solid history and culture. An excellent place to work. Great managers- great staff - great students. I would recommend highly. The history of Post is only superceded by its future.
Small college
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTNovember 10, 2017
Adjunct faculty in unique department with great reputation in industry but not among academics. School had recently been purchased by corporation and was undergoing modifications to improve economic viability and to bring in online courses.

Taught both off campus and on campus. Had limited interaction with administration though I attended many training sessions and a few faculty get togethers. Co-developed an Equine Ethics course with a full professor, created a course in Equine Event Planning and Management, was approved and taught for two semesters.
Pros
Ability to create new course and work with youth interested in Equine Business careers
Cons
Low pay, no benefits
Great People
Collections Processor (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTOctober 19, 2017
Great work experience, the people are great on a personal level. I would recommend, but the lack of advancement wishing the company is my only complaint.
Horrible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTOctober 5, 2017
I would not recommend, not a diverse company to work for, not progressive, and clique, I cant wait to leave, pay is low, everyone is underpaid except for management!
Awesome place to work
Admissions Adviser (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTOctober 4, 2017
A typical day as an Admissions Advisor can be stressful but you have a team that you work with. The teamwork at Post University is fantastic.You never feel like you are alone or in the dark.
Non compliant institution
Financial Aid Consultant (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTSeptember 5, 2017
Do not wish to comment on the specific details of their poor management and non compliant culture, suffice it to say I would not recommend anyone wanting a long-term and satisfying workplace in which to work.
fast paced, family orientated, community based
Admissions Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTAugust 15, 2017
wide variety of skill sets developed due to opportunity
typically work more than 40 hours a week
great group of individuals working at the university with a great sense of community
It is a great place to work and build work skills.
International Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTAugust 13, 2017
My experience at post was amazing and it had been a honor to study and work there. I love the business culture and spirit. I have great experience with all my employers, they are great leaders and life changing mentor.
Pros
Encourage personal talent and creativity.
Cons
Not really.
Productive and Helpful
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTAugust 11, 2017
A typical day at work was a healthy and easy going environment. I spent most days filing and answering phone calls that students had about Res Life. Other times I was making sure the office was cleaned and schedules were up to date. I learned office skills and how to be apart of a professional business atmosphere. What I loved most was the flexibility and how they never let me loose sight of school. The hardest part wasn't much as long as they were happy it was easy.
Undergrad ADP admissions counselor
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJuly 20, 2017
Being an admissions counselor conjures up an image of professionalism and bringing prospective students to understanding what earning a degree could look like for them. At Post, while the claim is that we are doing this, the truth is that it is a sales position and if you can't bend over backwards and live, breathe and be Post you will not be able to meet the high sales goals. Unless you are favored by your manager. Then you will do great. It is a very unprofessional environment with people tattle tailing on each other, favoritism and high stress. It is about sales not students.
Pros
Great co-workers and pay was good
Cons
Scare tactics to perform better, favoritism, too much over time with no results
Official response from Post University
July 24, 2017

The Post University Associate Experience Team would like to thank you for your observations. It is true that enthusiasm, energy, and commitment to Post University’s “Noble Cause” is key to the success of our admissions counselors as well as all of our associates. While we strive each and every day to create an extraordinary student experience, we realize that our culture is not for everyone. Our service-focused approach requires a high level of personal accountability and some individuals, like yourself, may not be comfortable in this environment. This is completely understandable and we hope that you find success in an organization better suited to your work-style.

Regarding professionalism in the workplace, we are proud that the overwhelming majority of Post Associates treat each other with great respect and adhere to the high standards asked of all employees. Please be assured great strides are being taken to transform the organization, making perceived traits such as the ones you mention a thing of the past. We’re encouraged to see you enjoyed some great co-workers and solid pay!

Not a great environment
Full-Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJuly 5, 2017
Not a great working environment to be in. Supervisors are only out for themselves and do not look out for well-being of employees. Upper administration is even worse. They think they know more than the people around them and are wrong almost 200% of the time. Very cut-throat place that doesn't do what's right for their employees and more importantly their students. Students who do well are usually the wealthy (which are few and far between at this institution) and they are "taken care of" because the money comes straight from them and not the government.
Pros
Still thinking...
Cons
Almost everything
Official response from Post University
July 24, 2017

Thank you for your review, and for sharing your opinions here. The Post culture is transforming every day, and it’s very important to note that the relationship between administration and associates is stronger than ever as evidenced by a recent survey within the University showing communication and trust has increased overall and within departments. We are listening to each other more than ever, and sharing ideas that are changing our day-to-day operations. Associates report more teamwork within departments, more collaboration between departments, and that associate opinions and ideas are being heard.

Post students have always been at the center of all we do, and we remain focused on each and every student, while also working to make Post a pre-eminent employer locally and nationally.

Flexible hours but NO equality amongst staff
Student Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJune 21, 2017
Staff are allowed to speak to others in a demeaning condescending way and they tell you the culture is to question and address it yet when you do so nothing gets resolved. Many changes frequently get made and IT takes it out on everyone else. No one wants to be in a hostile work place. Too much favoritism and those who work extremely hard get ignored. No raises. Unfairly under compensated and the work load gets invreased often.
Productive and quiet
Student Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMay 19, 2017
Generally working in the library, there wasn't a whole lot of workload. Because it wasn't much demand, I just had to monitor to the library during my hours. Majority of the workload happens at the beginning of the semesters due to the all the students registering to get their barcodes to be able to do their work online. I always made sure to keep myself busy even when I finished all my tasks.
Enjoyable but, unorganized
President of Student Government Association (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMay 10, 2017
Working at Post University can be different everyday. My position as a student leader required meetings with higher ups within the school and following up with my E-board and senators. I learned a lot from this position in regards to growing my leadership skills. The workplace culture varies on the department in which you are working. The President of the school truly cares about the students which is wonderful but, some faculty and other management do not fit with his vision or attitude.
Fast Paced and Dynamic Culture
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTApril 4, 2017
Day to day tasks allow for freedom to determine how and when to complete tasks in a manner that is best for yourself. Work is done independently but there is constant interaction with a team to maintain consistency and drive.
Admissions Counselor/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMarch 16, 2017
The culture and environment is so friendly. They acknowledge you for what you do. Respect for individual is highly appreciated. I liked meeting new people. the hardest part was the software.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
rushed training
Taught adult American students in English
Adjunct Professor of World Civilizations (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMarch 16, 2017
I was a challenge to me for two reasons. 1) My students were all adults who worked during the day. 2) I taught courses in English to English native speakers.
good environment
Assistant Director ADP Military Admissions (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTFebruary 16, 2017
I learned a softer approach to working with internal customers.Most of my day was calling students. Limited interaction with other departments.
Pros
schedule- including holidays
Cons
not a lot of room for advancementf

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Post University. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9