Post University Employee Reviews in United States

I do not recommend this for-profit institution
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJune 24, 2016
This is not a place to be if you want to be in an academic and students-first environment like they say they are. They make Corporate decisions that are not about students. I am not convinced this is stable work environment. I am surprised the state and federal agencies have not looked harder. It was recently in the paper because they let a lot of people go. They are continuing to, but doesn't seem to be public. I am disappointed in my experiences here. Most younger people stay for the online MA, then leave. I left for another non profit educational institution.
Pros
Some good staff and faculty who really try to make a difference
Cons
Most are Overworked in all areas; shady
Educational and more
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJune 16, 2016
My Professors were both supportive and challenging. My employment was not perfect (what employment is?), but I would gladly teach another class there. The social atmosphere was bot vibrant and educational.
Pros
Too much to list.
Cons
The person who hired me.
Excellent place to work
On-Line Associate Faculty (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMay 27, 2016
Love teaching for Post University. I have learned so much while teaching for Post University. They are student focused University.
Productive and professional work enviroment
Admissions Counselor student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTApril 22, 2016
From this job I learned excellent communication and time management skills. My co-workers were always very helpful and enjoyable to be around. Overall it was a great experience working for this company.
Laid back environment, works well with my schedule
Learning Center Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMarch 29, 2016
This is a work study so it is part time and works around my schooling which made it such a nice place to work. I enjoyed the simplicity of things and the fact that everyone was so easy going.
Private liberal arts college with many diverse on campus and on-line courses
Associate Philosophy Instructor (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJanuary 8, 2016
Post University has small, face to face classes on a campus with up to date technology and a cooperative academic environment.
Pros
Many choice for courses to teach both online and face to face
Excellent work environment
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTOctober 24, 2015
Able to grow intellectually. Wonderful work/life balance and supportive staff. I have only seen good things with the online teaching program and expect more good things to come.
Fun
Member, Post University Golf Team (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMarch 18, 2015
A small group of students worked together to form a marketing club for our university. This included finding different ways to market certain events or products they are selling. This involved learning several different marketing strategies and applying the best way possible,
Student Worker
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJanuary 23, 2015
I assign calculators and lend books to students who need them. As well as help students schedule appointments for tutoring with our tutors here at Post. I also help out with English as a second language. With foreign exchange students twice a week helping them feel more comfortable speaking English.

There is really no tough part to my job on campus the only thing is managing school, work and baseball and get a bit overwhelming.
Pros
get to help out my peers
Cons
there are no cons i need this job to support myself.
Great Place to work at!
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJanuary 4, 2015
Great place to work at! wonderful climate and great management!
Interesting to say the least.
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Remote work from home. (PA & SC)December 30, 2014
Post University is not a bad place to work. It is fun and innovated place. Co-workers and myself do most of our meetings using Google hangout or Webex type programs, these are never boring... The hardest part of working remotely or hiring someone to work remotely is finding two things: 1) a workaholic and 2) must be open to change. Managing teammates that work remotely you have to be techno-savvy and use the different systems to manage the work ethics and project times. Most managers would say "trust" but the reality of it is you would not hire anyone to work remotely if you didn't have trust in them already.
Pros
remote work from home.
Cons
slow to no pay raises.
Office Clerk
OFFICE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTNovember 10, 2014
A typical day at work included going in to the office and looking in the alphabet cubes to see if there were things that needed to be filed. Some of the different forms including, transcripts, registration forms, dismissal forms, class schedules, confidential information, etc. My coworkers were always doing different duties and everyone in the office was always busy. The office environment is mostly quiet. Everyone is friendly and I rarely see anyone in this environment arguing or anything like that. The hardest part of my job was...... I loved this job! The most enjoyable part of the job was coming in and being able to just get right to work. I was trusted to do my job because they knew I knew how.
Pros
environment, coworkers, shift pickups
Cons
n/a
Great overall culture
Military Field Representative/ Partnership Liaison (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTOctober 29, 2014
This is a great place to work, a true pioneer in education. The culture is open and the benefits are good, even family friendly. Management is very approachable and open to ideas.
Very productive and serious environment.
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTOctober 22, 2014
I loved this occupation. Being able to be the first person people hear when they call the office. You have the ability to be the great first impression about the company. You get to make calls to prospective students which test how good you are at persuading individuals. I learned how to manage my time and to get as much calls in as possible. I learned how to speak to people over the phone in a way th at they are wanting to listen and not want to just hang up.I learned how to properly send out mail. My coworkers were great as well as the management am, Always made sure that you were ok and was always there to answer any questions. I learned data entry into a computer. The most enjoyable part of the job was making phone calls to the soon to be students.
Pros
great hours, good compenstion, great people
Wonderful mission, excellent culture, smart people
Communications (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 3, 2014
I have worked at Post University for more than five years, and it has been a wonderful experience. The collaborative culture makes going to work each day a joy. I also really appreciate the genuine focus on supporting students. In nearly every meeting, there is some discussion about what we're doing to ensure students have the support they need to progress toward graduation. I would highly recommend Post as a place to work if you're looking to make a difference in the lives of others and in your own life.
Pros
culture
Cons
so much to do everyday!
Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJuly 28, 2014
This was not a job. I took this internship for credits but it was not a requirement to graduate. I did not really enjoy this internship because it was security and very unorganized. I am glad I experienced this before my internship at Ansonia Police Department because I gave it my all as if I wanted to become a security officer. Ansonia Police Department was an amazing experience compared to this internship.
Cons
it was the security gate house for my university.
Will Ruin Your Resume
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Middlebury, CTJuly 16, 2014
Every college and university in New England knows that Post University has questionable ethics, a "sales over student consideration" focus, and is not respected as work that translates well into another higher education field. Upper management is not honest with employees and freezing salaries and promotions after a very successful budget year is common. It is also a negative environment for people who hope hard work will pay off. AD's (Assistant Directors) and the Director herself should think more about investing in employees' happiness rather than blatantly playing favorites, since we pay their salaries. How does a "university" value education so little that it permits managers with only high school diplomas to get promoted?
You will have a difficult time getting another job in higher education after working here or will need to restart your career unfortunately. I encourage you to reflect on this review if you decide to work here and make it through 6 months, you will see for yourself...
Pros
the company picnic has watermalone and the veggie burgers contain little meat
Cons
you won't get another job in higher education nor respect on a daily basis
Post University Security Secretary
Security Secretary (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJune 25, 2014
A typical day at work involved: filing documents, handing out guest passes, registering cars, data entry, answering phone calls, making copies of documents.

I learned from my job as a secretary at post university: how multitask, how to effectively communicate with customers, problem solving skills, working under pressure.

My- Co-workers were very team oriented. We ensured to work in groups to come up with the best result for any task we may be handed.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with a lot of customers at once. While having to answer phone calls etc.
GREED at its finest! HORRIBLE work environment!
Former OEI Employee (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJune 13, 2014
Post does not care about their students or shall i say customers or their employees unless your above the director level. They have continued to promote the VP of OEI from ground up which means this employee has no real world experience of actually doing their job. Any employee above director level uses the tyrant mentality and fear to control their employees. Human resources is completely terrified of those employees and nothing will get resolved with human resources only brushed under the carpet. Following company policies to provide yourself with adequate time available for personal issues like deaths in the family or medical leave is a kin to disrespecting your position and thus your manager will hang it over your head. They hire admissions managers from call centers who care only about numbers and not about providing a good product. This "education" that students are being pushed into is only for the sole monetary gain of POST. Their "leads" come mostly from the south where there are many poor and under educated students from the no student left behind era of politics. Those students are bamboozled to sign up for this great life altering opportunity and the attraction of money from their student loans to pay for their computers and school supplies. They are not told however that this money is a loan from the government and that they need to pay it back. Students who do not have a computer or even better do not have ANY computer skills are walked through the admissions process and signed up for classes they clearly cannot attend or pass. The surprising thing here is that  more... these are only some of the issues that i encountered here. Post is as bad or worse than UPhoenix and should be investigated for its awful practices not only by the department of education but also by the labor department. Heed my warnings do not work there or apply there if you value your soul or sanity.  less
Pros
zero!
Cons
all aspects
Company atmosphere was friendly and enthusiastic
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYJune 12, 2014
I was able to hone my customer service skills, the management was wonderful and allowed employees to organize their extensive workload in whichever way worked best for each individual. My colleagues were wonderful; I did not see any of the usual hallmarks of a bad atmosphere such as rampant gossip or tension between employees and management.
Pros
wonderful colleagues, growing company, opportunity
Cons
compensation could have been higher in light of the amount of work required