Post University Employee Reviews

Your Stereotypical For-Profit College
Mid-Level Manager, Student Finance. (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTAugust 23, 2016
Post isn't what it used to be, and it won't be going back anytime soon. It was bought out about 10 years ago and converted to a For-Profit institution...but doesn't turn a profit.

For students - it is over priced, lacks basic amenities, and doesn't offer an impactful experience.

For employees - the pay is laughable, work life is seriously unbalanced, advancement opportunities are only for those who are socially popular with upper management, and departments are seriously under resourced. (Example: They still work with paper filing and its 2016.)

Exec. Management team blatantly lies to employees. In December 2015, they told the whole university that although they went an entire year without making a profit, the school was in good financial shape. A month later, they fired 30+ people, and forced more to resign/leave.

They've since brought in a new CEO who seems to genuinely be working hard to turn things around, but the same Exec. Team is still under him and doesn't seem to be on board with the overall changes.

Might be a good place to work for a first job, but definitely not a place to make a career.

The advice of many who leave: Don't waste your time.
Pros
Benefits, decent healthcare, vacation/sick days.
Cons
Salary compensation, organizational structure, employee support, processes/systems, Executive Management.
Admissions
Admissions rep (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTOctober 17, 2016
Typically my day consists of contacting potential students who have expressed an interest in going to school. About 4 months ago we changed our approach to this (for the better) and are now emphasizing all our academic programs and how we can assist students in finding a good fit withing our offerings. While the discussions are intended to help the students enroll, the most rewarding part is talking to the individuals and learning what their goals are. We have a good deal of support to do this. It's not just me on the phone with a potential student but we have our academic advising staff available to answer in depth questions about degree programs, transfer credits, etc. Our Financial Aid advisors also can help someone determine whether it's right for an individual to enroll. There are no hard sells. I can honestly say our approach is to help someone look ahead.. Our CEO says that we want to create an "extraordinary student experience" for anyone coming to us.

It's not an easy job but the pay is good and my coworkers really show a concern for one another. We work in teams and this is an encouraging environment.
Pros
Good coworkers; helping atmosphere; good training
Cons
Hard to keep positive at times, lots to learn
good environment
Assistant Director ADP Military Admissions (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTFebruary 16, 2017
I learned a softer approach to working with internal customers.Most of my day was calling students. Limited interaction with other departments.
Pros
schedule- including holidays
Cons
not a lot of room for advancementf
Very challenging engaging classes
Student (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 4, 2016
The process of getting my degree has been very easy and successful at Post University. There is a lot of valuable research and interesting topics that apply to the areas of study. My time as a student has been very rewarding because I have been able to take the skills I learn and take it right into the field of homeless people. The most enjoyable part is classroom discussions.
I do not recommend this for-profit institution
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJune 24, 2016
This is not a place to be if you want to be in an academic and students-first environment like they say they are. They make Corporate decisions that are not about students. I am not convinced this is stable work environment. I am surprised the state and federal agencies have not looked harder. It was recently in the paper because they let a lot of people go. They are continuing to, but doesn't seem to be public. I am disappointed in my experiences here. Most younger people stay for the online MA, then leave. I left for another non profit educational institution.
Pros
Some good staff and faculty who really try to make a difference
Cons
Most are Overworked in all areas; shady
All sales no academics
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMarch 13, 2014
This is a complete and utter sales job that violates NEASC standards. Students are lied to and pushed through to start classes when they are unprepared/unqualified. There is a culture of fear of not hitting numbers and goals since students are just treated like a number on an excel sheet. It is great you have PTO time however, your manager will threaten your job security if you use it. Hard work does not pay off - you have to be popular with a specific female manager to get ahead. Being a top performer, I thought I would receive an appropriate raise but executive management froze admissions counselors' salaries but then held a meeting explaining we were over budget and had exceeded expectations??
Pros
Paid time off days, learning CRM, tuition discount
Cons
High turnover, weak training, poor compensation, no parking, blatant favoritism
Friendly working environment
Associate Faculty, Legal Studies Program (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTDecember 12, 2016
Taught online and on campus business courses. Friendly environment, staff was avaialble to answer questions and concnerns
You are just a number here!
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTSeptember 20, 2012
When you come across this position and they list competitive wages and full benefits, it seems too good to be true, right? That's because it is! The culture of this university has changed so much that the focus is no longer on the quality of students and their education, but their profits. They treat employees like they are expendable, and as soon as you're hired they reinforce the fact that you are not only replaceable, but that there are dozens of people lining up to replace you. Your job is constantly in danger, and there are never any clear expectations set by the management. Furthermore, they offer a generous PTO package, but they make it nearly impossible for you to take the time you've earned. Not an ethical company or a nice place to work. The stress from this institution is not worth it!
Pros
benefits package, pto, great coworkers
Cons
poor management
Awful workplace.
OEI (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMay 11, 2014
This university has the worst management I have ever seen. People are promoted without ever having formal training and do not know how to do their job. They receive those jobs by bad mouthing other individuals to get ahead. In addition, management does not fight for their employees. Upper levels of management get promotions and pay raises while the people who do their jobs get nothing. Not only that, but managers don't know how to do their job. They ask their employees questions constantly because they can't handle the work. Aside from workplace issues, human resources is awful. They also do not know how to do their jobs. I have personally seen several issues get pushed aside or handled poorly because management didn't want to deal with the issues. This is the worst job I have ever had and believe they could get shut down if people spoke up. They are in violation of both health code and human resource violations dealing with race and gender.
Pros
PTO. Absolutely nothing else.
Cons
Everything.
Interesting to say the least.
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Remote work from home. (PA & SC)December 30, 2014
Post University is not a bad place to work. It is fun and innovated place. Co-workers and myself do most of our meetings using Google hangout or Webex type programs, these are never boring... The hardest part of working remotely or hiring someone to work remotely is finding two things: 1) a workaholic and 2) must be open to change. Managing teammates that work remotely you have to be techno-savvy and use the different systems to manage the work ethics and project times. Most managers would say "trust" but the reality of it is you would not hire anyone to work remotely if you didn't have trust in them already.
Pros
Remote work from home.
Cons
Slow to no pay raises.
it was the Worst Job I ever had.
Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMay 6, 2014
Working for Post was the worst experience of my life. Management in the Financial Aid department OEI was the worst. If they only knew how miserable everyone was there. The manager of my area made so many people cry, he was rude, and self center. The job was not bad at all, but just because he was there made everything 10times worse. He was dissrespectful, and unprofessional. He would bad mouth talk others and never take responsiblity. One of his workers was continuously makeing mistake on students Financial aid award and he did not take that issue seriously, he would spend his days inside the directors office talking about non related work issues and not enough time helping the employees. POST was unfair .Their HR never was on your side, its whatever management says thats it. There is nobody to go to if you need help with conflicts at work because nobody would listen. Worse decision of my life . If a man like this was a candidate for a promotion , then you know something is wrong with their school.
Benefits
Cons
terrible place to work, management in OEI
admissions-terrible job do not work there
"Admission Counselor" or more like sales rep (Former Employee) –  WaterburyOctober 26, 2013
This place is a joke. They call themselves a university but they are not. They have UNQUALIFIED managers running the admissions department. They do not care about the student, it is all about numbers and if you do not make your GOAL (which is against accreditation) they fire you. We constantly are used and abused then tossed with no recognition and poor compensation. Post University is just interested in the money and signing up unqualified students. They have a high turnover rate, which I have no clue how it's not flagged with unemployment. It's a competition to work there and keep your job. Their greed for money sacrifices the quality of education they should be providing. DO NOT WORK THERE! You will regret it!
Cons
Hostile work environment. Constent threat of lossing your job.
Not much room for growth and pay increase.
Financial Aid Processor (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTSeptember 7, 2016
Not much room for growth and pay increase. I love the people I work with but the job itself is not worth it, too much headache. students are rude and uneducated.
Company atmosphere was friendly and enthusiastic
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYJune 12, 2014
I was able to hone my customer service skills, the management was wonderful and allowed employees to organize their extensive workload in whichever way worked best for each individual. My colleagues were wonderful; I did not see any of the usual hallmarks of a bad atmosphere such as rampant gossip or tension between employees and management.
Pros
Wonderful colleagues, growing company, opportunity
Cons
Compensation could have been higher in light of the amount of work required
Educational and more
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJune 16, 2016
My Professors were both supportive and challenging. My employment was not perfect (what employment is?), but I would gladly teach another class there. The social atmosphere was bot vibrant and educational.
Pros
Too much to list.
Cons
The person who hired me.
Productive and professional work enviroment
Admissions Counselor student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTApril 22, 2016
From this job I learned excellent communication and time management skills. My co-workers were always very helpful and enjoyable to be around. Overall it was a great experience working for this company.
Great overall culture
Military Field Representative/ Partnership Liaison (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTOctober 29, 2014
This is a great place to work, a true pioneer in education. The culture is open and the benefits are good, even family friendly. Management is very approachable and open to ideas.
Worst place I have ever worked
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  OEIJanuary 16, 2014
Quantity ($$$$$) is valued over quality education. Employees had camaraderie, were miserable together.
Pros
steady paycheck and benefits
Cons
Negative environment and culture, upper management do not value employees
Excellent place to work
On-Line Associate Faculty (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMay 27, 2016
Love teaching for Post University. I have learned so much while teaching for Post University. They are student focused University.
Laid back environment, works well with my schedule
Learning Center Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMarch 29, 2016
This is a work study so it is part time and works around my schooling which made it such a nice place to work. I enjoyed the simplicity of things and the fact that everyone was so easy going.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Post University. Our community is ready to answer.