Postgraduate Center for Mental Health Employee Reviews

I Love the positive end result of assisting an Individual toward self sufficiency!
Residential Counselor/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 20, 2015
Supportive Case management to clients of Supportive housing -Level 1 requires you to assist your assigned case load of clients
with matters such as escorting them to intake appointments,
assisting them with securing collateral appointments to medical
and psychiatric care and inspecting housing units .
Day staffing works collaboratively to gain services for the clients and writes continuous progress notes to support all encounters.
Staff creates Service Plans inclusive of goals that client is working toward attaining.
Meet with Clients 2x monthly for purpose of offering assistance of service toward accomplishing their goals.
Make collateral contact with Providers to confirm compliance of attendance by client to their appointments.
Engage in a supportive work environment by assisting co-workers by covering their clients in the workers absence..
Keep current on Progress notes.
Be an active participant in Supervision meetings with Program Director monthly.
Attend staff meetings on site and adhere to all policy and procedures.
Pros
Great Leadership support from The Program Director at my site.
Cons
Parking is Horrendous at this site.
FAIR
Office Manager, Child Clinic (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2013
A typical day at the office for me was always a challenge. Dealing with different children and parents on a daily basis as well as having to work long evening hours. While I was only given two days of training for the position. There was a lot of self learning required as I went along. while employed my multitasking skills had improved also the ability to prioritize. I was the office manager and I as well as my colleges agree that the office would fall apart without me. I had most answers to most questions and kept the office in tip top shape. I would have to say the hardest part of my position would be the 12 hour shift I had to cover and meeting the deadline for payroll and end of the month clinic billing. These tasks were due before 10am and the child clinic wouldn't open until 1pm. the absolute best part of the job was the children I worked with. they kept me with a smile of my face and they will be dearly missed.
Pros
the children
Cons
hours not condusive to spending time with my son
Productive Day
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2015
 Communicated effectively with multiple departments to plan meetings and prepare welcome packages for new clients. Established strong relationships to gain support and effectively achieve results.
 Entrusted to manage office in the supervisor’s absence. Provided timely, courteous and knowledgeable response to information requests; screened and transferred calls; and prepared official school correspondence.
 Coordinate daily activities for Directors, Property Managers, Coordinators, and Case managers with daily actives.
 Assist clients in identifying community and personal resources;
 Support clients in making necessary appointments with community resources and arrange transportation required for these appointments
Example: Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2012
Day to day work is filled with compassion, care and satisfaction. All of the employees are dedicated to ensuring consumers get all that Postgraduate offers.

Working here you must have patience, and durability. You must be versatile and efficient. The hardest part is being able to not get overwhelmed with some of the consumers physical and mental handicaps.

Overall, I enjoy working at Postgraduate.
Pros
satisfying consumers needs.
Cons
only provide services to people who are enrolled in postgraduate center.
Unethical management. They hire non-degree employees to Pay low
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2012
Management falsifies documents and defames in order to avoid their unemployment premiums to rise.
Very unethical employer.
Pros
good for case management skills preparation.
Cons
care more about money than they do about clients or employees.
not very worker friendly
Residential Counselor, Richard Dicker Resident (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2015
my work was hard. I didnt learn much. i hated management. my coworkers were great. going to work was the hardest part. taking my lunch was very enjoyable.
Pros
they take their paid hour and dont care if you take yours
Cons
no breaks
Educational and fun work enviroment
Front Desk Counselor (Former Employee) –  new york, n.yFebruary 1, 2015
A typical day at postgraduate consisted of documenting client related events, faxing and receiving medication and also building a good rapport with clients.
Pros
the learning experience
Cons
bad building conditions (old building)
Fieldwork
Supportive Case Manager (Current Employee) –  BrooklyJuly 17, 2012
Travel throughout Brooklyn to conduct home and community visits.
Co-workers are nice, but dont always pull their weight while others go beyond expectations.
Pros
free monthly metrocard, flexible schedule
Cons
no overtime pay, work to take home
An oppressive work environment.
PROS Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2015
The vice president would have meetings with the management staff threatening to close the program. I got out just before they did thank goodness. Their old good reputation is now undeserved.
mental health Independent living
Front Desk Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2012
answering the phone
Learned to deal with ever difficult managing crises .
team player
working hand on hand with for residence helping them with ther needs .
Pros
bonus check
Cons
hour lunch break
Wonderful place to work
Maintenance/Porter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2014
Postgraduate Center For Mental Health was an excellent place to work. I learned various building maintenance skills & worked with some very friendly people.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2015
The best part of my work experience would be, interacting and helping the clients. My coworkers are friendly and always willing to help out when needed.
Good organization with good experience.
Vocational and Addiction Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2014
Good co-workers and interesting clients. Good opportunity to learn group work and help clients.