Postgraduate Center for Mental Health Employee Reviews

Not a good workplace.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 18, 2018
PGCMH has got to be one of the worse agencies to work for.
Safety is not a concern for Upper Management when it comes to the employees on the front line.
Pros
Lenient
Cons
No Pay raise, No proper training, No professionalism
ok job for 1st time working with the mentally ill
Front Desk Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2018
little room for growth, bonuses twice a year are giving out to try to compensate for noncompetitive wages. One day of overtime is good but anything above that is not happening.
Pros
Good for entry level working with the mentally ill
Cons
Minimum Wage
Poor management
Manager (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYDecember 12, 2017
Poor management, weak human resources "department", weak financial controls, a non-profit with a single focus on the bottom line and no real mission...
Pros
Pay
Cons
all of the above
Busy and very active work place.
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 19, 2017
A typical day at PGCMH is pretty much a very busy one. There are several tenants who on any given day can be in crisis etc. What I find most rewarding about working at PGCMH is the personal interaction with the tenants on a regular basis as they allow me to assist them.
It was rewarding to work with and interact with others in the Day Treatment Program at Postgraduate Center.
Activities Therapist (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 18, 2017
As a member of the treatment team at Postgraduate Center for Mental Health, it was rewarding to help others to find balance in their lives and reach their full potential.
Fun workplace
Supportive Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 31, 2017
Room for growth. Team players. Like on big family. Structured and dedicated staff and upper management. Great support from Program Director............................................
Pros
Reimbursement for travel
Cons
N/a
I loved working at Post Graduate.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2017
We provided therapy, food, sa few housing, jobs for our clients. We follow them even after leaving the program. We encourage them to follow their treatment plan.
Pros
I felt like I contributed something positive in the lives of some of the clients.
Cons
I left New York and moved to GA
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2017
A excellent experience. I am glad I had the opportunity to work with very special people. This company goals is to help people with mental health issues.
Challenging but Rewarding
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2016
Great staff and management, excellent support for counselors. Population is challenging but it is worth working here to gain experience. I would recommend this to anyone starting their social service career.
Pros
Experience, supportive environment
Cons
salary is low
Fast-paced working environment
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2016
The work environment is fast-paced serving the under-served, it's a good way to enter the field of human services to gain insight into the mental health field.
very comfortable workplace
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2016
A typical day for me is meeting with clients, attending to their needs and concerns. I enjoy assisting and encouraging my clients so that they can become productive and live better lives.
Pros
close to home; walking distance
Cons
low wages; no room for growth
typical day
RESIDENTIAL COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  546 Ralph Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11223March 19, 2016
A typical day consist of interacting with 60 individuals with Axis I psychological disorders. Assisting these individuals with accessing health services and providers, teaching ADL skills, educating them on their medication and helping them manage symptomatic behavior.
Pros
annual bonuses
Cons
healthcare
Great for entry level Social Work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 26, 2016
Management is ok if you have a high tolerance for Sarcasm. There is room for growth. People do get fired easily. They tend to promote within.
Different and Eyeopening
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 14, 2015
Greeting residents, revising log books, assisting residents with paper work and walking the building hourly to make sure everything is safe & secure. I've learned this field is sensitive and requires a lot of patience. Management could be a little more respectable towards staff but overall, it is by the book & straight forward. Hardest part of the job is maintaining patience and keeping an open mind towards the residents. Most enjoyable part is helping residents through their personal issues.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2015
The best part of my work experience would be, interacting and helping the clients. My coworkers are friendly and always willing to help out when needed.
Productive Day
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2015
 Communicated effectively with multiple departments to plan meetings and prepare welcome packages for new clients. Established strong relationships to gain support and effectively achieve results.
 Entrusted to manage office in the supervisor’s absence. Provided timely, courteous and knowledgeable response to information requests; screened and transferred calls; and prepared official school correspondence.
 Coordinate daily activities for Directors, Property Managers, Coordinators, and Case managers with daily actives.
 Assist clients in identifying community and personal resources;
 Support clients in making necessary appointments with community resources and arrange transportation required for these appointments
not very worker friendly
Residential Counselor, Richard Dicker Resident (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2015
my work was hard. I didnt learn much. i hated management. my coworkers were great. going to work was the hardest part. taking my lunch was very enjoyable.
Pros
they take their paid hour and dont care if you take yours
Cons
no breaks
An oppressive work environment.
PROS Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2015
The vice president would have meetings with the management staff threatening to close the program. I got out just before they did thank goodness. Their old good reputation is now undeserved.
I Love the positive end result of assisting an Individual toward self sufficiency!
Residential Counselor/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 20, 2015
Supportive Case management to clients of Supportive housing -Level 1 requires you to assist your assigned case load of clients
with matters such as escorting them to intake appointments,
assisting them with securing collateral appointments to medical
and psychiatric care and inspecting housing units .
Day staffing works collaboratively to gain services for the clients and writes continuous progress notes to support all encounters.
Staff creates Service Plans inclusive of goals that client is working toward attaining.
Meet with Clients 2x monthly for purpose of offering assistance of service toward accomplishing their goals.
Make collateral contact with Providers to confirm compliance of attendance by client to their appointments.
Engage in a supportive work environment by assisting co-workers by covering their clients in the workers absence..
Keep current on Progress notes.
Be an active participant in Supervision meetings with Program Director monthly.
Attend staff meetings on site and adhere to all policy and procedures.
Pros
Great Leadership support from The Program Director at my site.
Cons
Parking is Horrendous at this site.
Educational and fun work enviroment
Front Desk Counselor (Former Employee) –  new york, n.yFebruary 1, 2015
A typical day at postgraduate consisted of documenting client related events, faxing and receiving medication and also building a good rapport with clients.
Pros
the learning experience
Cons
bad building conditions (old building)