Postmates Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and easy job to work part time but pay can be low sometimes .
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMarch 31, 2016
I currently work here and I love the fact you can make your own schedule which works for me because I'm gonna be going to school. I wouldn't use this job full time because of how inconsistent the pay is but for someone needing a part time job or going to school this will help you make the money you need. Some days go slow where you don't make much and don't get much tips and average around $10 and hour but some days you can make $15 to $20 an hour.
Pros
Own schedule, freedom
Cons
Low pay sometimes
Fast paced Innovative Work Place
Vendor Account Manager, CS Lead (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 12, 2016
This was a great place to grow and learn to be a more dynamic Customer Service Manager. I was given many opportunities to prove my worth and were rewarded with advancements and ever increasing responsibilities, showing me that the company had faith and hope in myself and my abilities.
Pros
Opportunity, Professional Development, Positive Team Mentality
Cons
Long Hours, Excessive Overtime requirements, Commute
I Loved Being A Courier!
Courier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 9, 2016
This was the coolest Job I had although it also had its times to where headaches occurred. I enjoyed bringing people their food whenever i was ready to turn on my Postmates App and take orders from people either getting up for college, work, or just want something to eat using the fairly new courier service.
Pros
New Food Places, New People, Nice Drives
Cons
Long Hours, Late for someones order even when i can't help it, Dealing with Traffic, App Crashes, Phone Problems, street Problems, Direction Problems, Running out of Time
great job for money
Courier cyclist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, ohioMarch 7, 2016
Depending on your city and the demographics you can earn a lot of money at this company. I'm currently a bike messenger in Columbus, Ohio and I'm making over 100 dollars a day.
You're able to work as much as you want and choose when you want to work. They pay you out 5 days from the day you worked. Overall this is the best job but like everything else theres a catch. The job security is not great as you're basically relying on customer reviews in order to maintain your job. So if you happen to deliver on campus, any pimple faced jerk kid can control your ability to earn money by giving you a low rating. You have to maintain a certain rating to continue working there.

The only reason I give Postmates 4 instead of 5 stars is due to job security, which is a lot more important than pay. The average an hour is between 15-20
Pros
pay, flexible schedule, fun job for the most part
Cons
job security
Decent for side income
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 3, 2016
Postmates is good for someone who's looking to making some extra income on the side. Hours are really flexible. You make your own schedule. The work is pretty straightforward. Jobs can pretty hectic. Pay is decent. I make an average of 10 to 15 dollars an hour.
Pros
choose your own hours
Cons
overwhelming tasks, average pay
honest worker
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 17, 2016
Postmates is very unprofessional, I am happy that I experienced working with this company. They only care about the bottomline, turnover is high and if you want to be in the maze of deceit turn in an application. I am a realist I have been #1 at this company and still they treat you badly....good job if your in transit...terrible career choice.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
finance
Postmates is a wonderful place to interact with new people over the Charlotte area
Delivery driver to local charlotte area (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 8, 2016
Working at postmates i was able to explore new places and interact with new people. The hardest part of the job was balancing time. Everyone was friendly and its always great to put a smile o someones ace. :)
Independence to maintain my life outside of work as well as have fun while making money.
Independent Courier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2016
As an independent courier, I set my own hours of operation. I could choose to work one hour a day or twelve. I would log onto the postmates app from my phone when I am ready to start my work for the day. When a dispatch comes through, I would accept the job and proceed to the pick up point, which could vary from a supermarket to library (whatever the customer is requesting to be picked up). Management was always a phone call away and they did their best to fix a problem, if one should ever come up. The hardest part of my job was navigating through NYC especially during the rush hours. I enjoyed every bit of my job. I liked the freedom, seeing new places and meeting new people.
Pros
Guaranteed work, freedom to set your own schedule.
Cons
No benefits, there wasn't any gas/mileage allowance.
Oh H3ll no!
Driver / shopper (Former Employee) –  Los angelesFebruary 23, 2016
Do not work for this company, ever. It's a scam. You won't make Diddly squat! The stress and pay is not worth the flexibility. They don't even log your real miles or pay you for the actual miles you drive. Run as fast as you can. From all these demand economy jobs. Don't do it!
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Pay, company, culture, everything!
Great company, Great concept
courier driver (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 8, 2016
I took the courier job to make a bit of extra cash and have the ability to make my own schedule. I am in a car and sometimes parking can be rather challenging but the upside of working on your own is a huge plus. If you have a good attitude and like customer service this job will suit you well. Once in a while people stiff you with no tip but you still might make $6-$8 per run. Then there are the customers who appreciate speedy and convenient service and tip well. Postmates customer support is very responsive and on the ball. This gig has given me the chance to see many restaurants I was not familiar with and get to know other parts of my beautiful city! The downside for me is the inability to predict the $ I will make per shift. If it's a slow afternoon you may only make $20.
Pros
Flexibility, working on your own, easy and enjoyable
Cons
Parking, slow shifts

Want to know more about Postmates?

Ask a question
Not Worth The Pay
courier (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CADecember 11, 2015
They say you can make 25.00 an hour but you really only make about 9.00 an hour. You use your own car, so you're reasponsible for the ware and tare from driving all day and you have to pay for your own gas. I don't think it's worth the pay unless you really enjoy driving around all day for not that much pay.
Cons
Low pay, pay for own gas, responsible for own ware and tare on vehicle.
Postmates
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 21, 2015
An independent contractor job, customers place their food orders through the Postmates app and we retrieve it through the Postmates Workbench where we call in to the merchant and order the food for the customer, enter the required information, and then that's all.
Pros
Remote and flexible hours
Cons
Theirs a lot of set rules and a specific way you have to do everything.
Courier Service, can deliver anything from food to Apple Macbooks.
Courier service (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYMarch 9, 2016
A typical day at work would be me delivering food to customers who order it through the Postmates App. Everything is done through this app and there are no co-workers.
Awesome company for a part time!
Courier Services (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 24, 2016
Great company, you make your own time to work, easy job, deliver food. Customer service staff is super helpful in case you need help in anything. I enjoy this one because its not a 9-5.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
healthcare
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GAMay 19, 2016
Love my job here, the pay was just not enough for full time work. Super part time job, the convenience of your own home and computer is the best part.
Pros
Working on your own schedule
Cons
Pay
you are your own boss
Courier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 31, 2015
Get into my car turn on my device and sign on to schedule and begin working. Good to better your customer service skills. no co workers. Traffic is the hardest part of the job.You get to drive and learn about traveling and lots of different locations.
Pros
no boss
Cons
boring at times
Flexible Schedule
Remote Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2015
I enjoy working for Postmates. There schedule is flexible and the management is helpful and courteous. One of the best parts is that by working with the remote support team you are able to work anywhere you have cellphone service and an internet connection to a computer.
Book Room Clerk
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 1, 2016
I would organize the book room. Move books, clean shelves, help stack books in order for students starting their school year. Making sure all the kids had what they needed and that all books were in good enough condition.
Great fun place to work, can be hard to be remote at times.
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 9, 2016
The remote operations team is amazing, but there is little opportunity for advancement. Other than that it is a great place to work and grow your career.
Very flexible hrs
Courier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2016
Its part time work not a career.But it does have very flexible hrs and I practically work for myself. I pretty much doin delivers and dont see my self with the company long term..