Postmates Employee Reviews

Not the greatest
Courier/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Our of my homeApril 21, 2017
The job is doing deliveries, when they are available, which is not as common as they once were. Tips are not given every time, and the amount of travel for each delivery is many times is not worth the amount paid. People are nice, and when busy, I can enjoy the job, but I miss the sales environment.
Pros
I work when I want
Cons
Commonly work and get few deliveries
Fun Place To Work
Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 19, 2017
Great pay. Great way to tour the city and learn about new local businesses. A typical day was never the same and I was always discovering new places. Postmates is constantly improving the way we deliver making it more efficient and faster.
Very interesting and fun job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 18, 2017
I like working with Postmates because I have the flexibility of my hours and most especially i meet different people everyday and we sometimes talk about life and opportunities
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Leg hurting from driving long hours
Great opportunity for some extra money
Delivery Liaison (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 18, 2017
Similar to Uber Eats, a food delivering operation. Easy job to work whenever there is free time. Workers say they are available to work on the app, and then they go out and do their job for the day. Difficult to make money when customers choose not to tip. Drivers only get paid while on route from the food to the drop off location. Simple part time job for students in school.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Little profit
Great for College Kids
Courier/Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 17, 2017
I worked this job one summer while in college and it worked out well. You picked your schedule and were payed based on how many deliveries you did and how well you did them.
Pros
Flexible schedule, decent pay
Cons
Spend a lot of money on gas, management not responsive.
Not worth it
Ex Driver (Former Employee) –  NevadaApril 16, 2017
You make about 4 to 5 dollars a trip the cheap customers usually don't tip you .
The companies rating system is a joke . Your putting all money made in gas there no pay for anything else . They should pay better an cheap people should do there own shopping or tip the people bringing your stuff all the way to you. Now if all your looking for is gas money then go for it.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Horrible pay
Great
Courier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2017
You make your own schedule and pay can be good on certain days you are your own boss. There is a very good job security. Good vibes and gain customer service skills
Great self employment opportunity, very flexible schedule.
Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 16, 2017
A typical work day at postdates is not too busy probably due to the high volume of delivery drivers. Around 6:30pm - 8:30pmthats when the orders come in a little bit more often so its mostly busy in the night. I learned how to have patience and how to think outside of the box on demand. I believed the management was up to par on helping out on difficult deliveries. The work place culture was pretty copacetic. The hardest part of the job was waiting around for a delivery because Im always egar to start the next delivery. The most enjoyable part about the job was completing the delivery , satisfying the customers, and putting a smile on their face.
Pros
Busy hours you get paid a little extra, flexible schedule
Cons
No gas reimbursements
Not worth the gas nor mileage on your car
Courier (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 16, 2017
Good as a side income to your primary job, horrible as a main source of income. Some days you make a good amount of money, but for the most part it's not worth the money you spend on gas and car mileage.
Pros
Work your own hours. Get to explore your city.
Cons
Not enough work. No support from postmates.
N/a
Courier/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 14, 2017
Food and Beverage runner. I go buy whatever the customer orders whether it be food, groceries, alcohol etc. Then I deliver it to the customer. Then repeat. All through an application on my phone.
Food Delivery Service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 12, 2017
A typical day at work is consistently being on your feet. I learned you need to build relationship with clients, so they will come back to purchase more goods. The hardest part of the job is to work outside in horrible weather conditions. The most enjoyable about the job was when sometimes as an employee people leave very good tips and free lunches.
Pros
Long Breaks
Cons
Healthcare
Work on your own time
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 12, 2017
Postmates gave me the opportunity to work on my own time and gave me the ability to make some extra cash. Though there should be more busy areas in South San Diego
Pros
work at your own pace, extra cash
Cons
not enough busy areas in south san diego
Good and Bad
Fleet Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 10, 2017
If you like fast and easy cash then yes its good. Me i have a truck a truck and the pay goes mostly to my gas. Tips are a must to make any money. But it is still fun.
It's a scam; doesn't make enough money
Courier (Current Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAApril 7, 2017
They claim you will make 25$ an hour, which can only happen if you manage to do 3-4 deliveries in an hour. Furthermore, since they don't pay for your gas, at least half of what you make is spent on gas. For instance, I worked 6 hours and made 70 dollars which is nice, but I spent 40 on gas. So I made 30 dollars in 6 hours, which is well below minimum wage. Unless you're not paying for your own gas, it's not worth it. Use the time to find a better job.
Pros
nothing
Cons
not enough pay
delivery
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 4, 2017
Delivery job, I would submit myself to a 3-4hour job to make extra money during the week and this task actually improved my driving skills and also got to know all the main freeways and highways around Orange County
Fun to work
Food Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 4, 2017
Postmates is good for anyone out there that wants to make money because with them you can schedule your own hours work when ever you want and take time off too.
Good for students
Fleet Driver (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 31, 2017
This job should mainly be for students and people who need a little extra money. But working for them full time would just not support anyone. Can't even get ahold of support or management.
Pros
Traveling and seeing new things
Cons
Not much income
Constant company shuffling made working difficult
Field Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  MidwestMarch 29, 2017
Every day was different and you never knew what was going to happen next, which was fun, to a point. There was constant confusion about what was expected and what priorities should be focused on due to constant reorganization of the company and its goals and upper management. I had four different bosses in the 1 year and 8 months I worked for the company. Granted, I enjoyed working with each of them but the constant changing made it difficult to do my job. Overall, the company provided great flexibility and work/life balance. I loved the people I was on a 'team' with. It was a very collaborative and supportive environment. The upper management was constantly disorganized and never had solid answers to give about very important matters. We would be told one thing one day and something completely different the next.

The benefits they provided were pretty good. Free insurance for my whole family, got to order snacks every month, flexible hours to an extent, great culture for the most part.
Pros
Free insurance, flexible hours, good work/life balance
Cons
No advancement, never offered raises even with stellar performance, horrible organization internally
Decent gig for extra cash
Courier (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 29, 2017
My car is too small to use for Uber or Lyft so this was my only option for making extra side cash as an independent courier. Milwaukee has a limited area so it wasn't my favorite (I live in the suburbs where it's not available). Interesting to see if it will grow, many people have promotional discounts making it cheaper.
Pros
hour flexibility
Cons
lots of costs that fall on you for not a ton of pay
Courier
Independent Contractor/Courier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2017
Making delivers throughout Manhattan. I've learned how to navigate through out NYC and also improved my customer service skills. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the bad weather. I mostly enjoyed working my own hours.
Pros
Work your own hours.
Cons
Not consistent orders to deliver.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Postmates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8