Postmates Employee Reviews

Was not paid what I earned
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 23, 2017
I recently tried out postmates. I completed 4 deliveries in 3 hours. It took a few days to find out what I actually earned. About a week later I got an email with my earnings summary. It said I made 36.82. It told me everyone tipped and rated me. When I actually got my direct deposit, it ended up being only 30.23. I tried emailing multiple times and they would not resolve my issue. There is no way to get anyone on the phone. Be aware.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Customer service is only online and they won't try to help your unique situation
Great Job Overall
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 24, 2017
You can work literally at any time by simply clicking a button to be on or off duty.

I have worked for over 8 months, and my income averages $22hr before gas, and taxes. My range per day has been $13hr-$28hr depending obviously on how busy it is.

Income for deliveries is paid 3 days after that specific work day. Income is paid through Direct Deposit, and is done continuously, rather than once weekly which would be more slow.

Healthcare is offered after 6 months.
Pros
Work anytime, $22hr average pay, Quick pay, Healthcare
Cons
Odd Problem orders can rarely take up to 45 minutes to resolve thus wasting time
Awful customer service and ability to reach support/very strict retainment requirements
Courier/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 24, 2017
Working with Postmates started out fine. However, I quickly realized it is quite difficult to near impossible to speak to a customer support member over the phone and the email mailing system leaves much lacking. It is also very frustrating to not be able to see your reviews until a summary is sent out every two weeks. If your rating drops from 5.0 to 4.7 you are immediately kicked out without an option of recourse despite issues beyond your control.
Making your own hours is fantastic, everything else is awful.
Courier (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 30, 2017
You aren't guaranteed to make any money when you're working. Sometimes you'll just sit in your car for an hour or two, making absolutely no money if it isn't busy. They also changed the formatting so no one gets priority scheduling anymore, so jobs are even more scarce. This job is extremely stressful if you use it as a main source of income as you will always be worried about how much you will make. A huge part of the profit is dependent upon tips, and people in Sacramento don't tip well like they did when I worked for this company in San Francisco.
Pros
Hours are all up to you
Cons
No benefits, no taxes taken out, no guarantee of pay.
Grub hub is better you get paid hourly and mandatory tips
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAFebruary 3, 2017
Waste of time and your gas I covered all of Hollywood and barely made $25 hrly. Even in the rich areas they barely tip which you are like a waiter your rely on it the most. Having to order the food it a joke and waste time. Grub hub you get hrly and paid per deliver plus mandatory tip. Post mates there offering free orders so many orders you get are no tips. Plus don't waste your time going to markets takes too long for yet again a possibility of no tips.
Pros
No iniform
Cons
Ordering the food and waiting. No mandatory tipping
You have to want to hustle
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 7, 2017
Pretty cool way to make some extra money. Just know that proper communication is key with customers. I personally enjoyed how active I was going from place to place and meeting new people. But one thing is forsure, I hated it when it came to parking. At times it was very difficult to find a decent parking spot where you won't get a ticket. And if you were to get a ticket, Postmates will not assist you with it. You've just got to deal with it yourself. But generally overall its a cool way to make some extra cash.
Deliver by bike...
Messenger (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 11, 2017
I love going downtown Seattle and delivering part time and pedaling around town. Excellent source of extra income. Wouldn't depend on this type of job to make a living but it's excellent extra money. Too many peeps are signed up now and my deliveries slowed down a bit. Still a positive experience. I recommend it. Extremely easy to join and start working.
Pros
New to Seattle so it is an excellent way to get used to navigating around town.
Cons
Some participating restaurants pre-charge gratuity. (Tat's Deli) Takes away from delivery tip.
Great for extra income
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 23, 2017
I have only been working postmates for a week and love it so far. During the busier hours they notify you and you can make a little more. I have been making about $65 including tips in 4 hours so I would say that's pretty good. Only bad part is not everyone pay tips, and I'm in DC a very busy area so I have to spend a lot of time finding parking. But other than that great experience so far
Pros
Flexible, pretty good pay
Cons
Tips aren't always give.
Do not apply
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 22, 2016
I have just confirmed Postmates is not an equal opportunity business. Veteran driver's will receive the calls first, rather than the new driver. I have parked in red hot zone for hours, only because too many veteran drivers were in the area. I made 20.00 in five hours today. Trying to make a living for my family, and this is not possible because of this...
Pros
If no veteran drivers are in the area, it is possible to make money.
Cons
Veteran drivers have first priority to make money first. Not the new drivers.
My take on postmates
Driver (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 3, 2017
The deliveries are for smaller amounts so you dont make very much. Most places take a long time making the food. The customers leave the delivwries in limbo so they dont have to tip. I delivered food for 35 years and this ranks as one of the worst places ive seen. You may make 8-12 dollars an hour, but by the time you figure gas, wear and tear and youre time, its not worth it.
Pros
Flexable
Cons
Not much money, no support when there are problems.
Horrible horrible company and work
Postmate (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CADecember 9, 2016
You make an average of $3 an hour. You have to pay for gas, wear and tear on car, oil changes, taxes at end of year. Your time!! The hot spots are a sham, the priority dispatch is a sham! I sat in front of the busiest pizza place with priority dispatch for 3 hours in a friday and not one call. But other postmate workers who were farther out and not on priority got the call. No communication with company. They take .15 cents every time they transfer money to you! Just horrible save your time and get a real job
Pros
Nothing is good about this company
Cons
Everything!!!! Stay far away
Great to work for and not be broke
Food Courier (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 10, 2016
I worked for this company till i found a another job and made postmates part-time. This is an independent contractor job even though you deliver food or products to the customers for the company. It was fun being outside, going to different restaurant/fast food place and stores,exploring the city, setting your own work schedule.
Pros
Easy to use app, health insurance set up and get paid weekly inculding tips.
Cons
Sometimes there is not alot of delivery in hot spot area on the app. delivery rate pay varies, it's not the rate that they advertise.
Great job opportunity
Postmates Courier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 9, 2016
Great part-time job. Postmates is a logistics company which operates a network of couriers who deliver goods locally. Postmates is closely compared to Uber because of its use of mobile phones to receive orders and dispatch delivery drivers. My duties as a Postmate was to go on duty through the courier app on my phone whenever I was available or wanted to and my job was to accept orders and deliver them to where they needed to be deliver. I personally chose to do this job via my own car and I would usually go on duty early morning from about 10am and go off duty around 2 or 3pm because I then had to go to my internship later that day.
Flexible but only good if you're working on a bike
Courier (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 29, 2016
I work for Postmates when when I need some pocket change. When you're ready to work you just go online on the app. Its pretty easy. The man that manages it here on the west coast is laid back and he's pretty good at communicating with us to let us know when he's not going to be in town. You don't see your coworkers because everyone works independently. Hardest part of the job is making lots of money.
Pros
flexible
Cons
healthcare, pay
Good side job
Motorcycle Delivery (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 22, 2016
A good extra income job. Good because you work whenever you want by simply turning on the app. It worked great for me because I'm on a motorcycle in Los Angeles traffic. If your in a car probably not so good. I wish I got compensated for my quickness and I also wish deliveries were sometimes closer together when dispatched. Overall good if your a college student who rides motorcycles looking for extra cash.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
A lot of downtime
Terrible waste of time and gas
Courier/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 5, 2017
This is how terrible postmates is. My first day was ruined by a glitch on the app - zero deliveries. My second day I had 1 delivery in 2.5 hours on call. My third day, I was on call from 4:00pm to 9:00pm on a Saturday. Had 2 successful deliveries, one of which sent me to the wrong restaurant so I had to call the customer to find out where it was at. One delivery that was canceled en route to the restaurant for an unknown reason, another that was canceled because the restaurant did not have what the customer ordered, which I actually did get a small cancellation payout. I made a total of $18.86 with zero tips. That comes out to $3.77 an hour plus gas and wear and tear on my car. On top of that, I will owe social security 13% of that when I file taxes for this year. Do not walk away from postmates, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!!!!
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 21, 2016
I love working for Postmates.The pay is great,even sometimes customers don't wanna leave a tip.I guess they don't either have enough money or just don't appreciate the effort and cost of gas.For me it's really great because of my two year old daughter.You can't always find someone to watch her.
Pros
I don't understand this one.Do we have a free lunch as an employee for Postmates or?
Good
Flexible schedule but bad customer service
Food Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CANovember 4, 2016
Being a food deliverer for postmates was straight forward. You create your own schedule and are able to go online whenever you wanted to. Everything needed was on the app.
However, when an issue came up with the order, Postmates customer service was non existent. There's no number to call when an order was difficult or not going through. If the issue was not for an active order, a request has to be emailed to Postmates, but they would never reply. Even to this day, I never received any responses for my many requests.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no customer service, app has bugs
Flexible and fun culture
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 1, 2016
Working for Postmates has been a fun, enlightening and flexible experience. There is a lot of support within the company from colleagues but sometimes management can be slow to make decisions. Overall it's a great company to work for that offers phenomenal benefits, as well as flexible work/life balance.
Pros
Benefits, flexibility, culture
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement, slow decision making by upper management, poor communication sometimes
Nashville office is terrible
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 20, 2016
Got lured in because of the start up culture and all payed insurance. But everyone here gets treated like a number and there is zero job security. I got hired on as a quality analyst and within six months my role was outsourced to the same phillipines representatives I would analyze. There was no notice of the business decision and barely a compensation for the unexpected lay off.

Don't work with them. You'll end up looking for a new job very soon.
Pros
Free insurance
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Postmates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8