Postmates

Postmates Employee Reviews

Book Room Clerk
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 1, 2016
I would organize the book room. Move books, clean shelves, help stack books in order for students starting their school year. Making sure all the kids had what they needed and that all books were in good enough condition.
honest worker
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 17, 2016
Postmates is very unprofessional, I am happy that I experienced working with this company. They only care about the bottomline, turnover is high and if you want to be in the maze of deceit turn in an application. I am a realist I have been #1 at this company and still they treat you badly....good job if your in transit...terrible career choice.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
finance
Independence to maintain my life outside of work as well as have fun while making money.
Independent Courier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2016
As an independent courier, I set my own hours of operation. I could choose to work one hour a day or twelve. I would log onto the postmates app from my phone when I am ready to start my work for the day. When a dispatch comes through, I would accept the job and proceed to the pick up point, which could vary from a supermarket to library (whatever the customer is requesting to be picked up). Management was always a phone call away and they did their best to fix a problem, if one should ever come up. The hardest part of my job was navigating through NYC especially during the rush hours. I enjoyed every bit of my job. I liked the freedom, seeing new places and meeting new people.
Pros
Guaranteed work, freedom to set your own schedule.
Cons
No benefits, there wasn't any gas/mileage allowance.
Flexibility, working on your own, easy and enjoyable
Delivery Person (Current Employee) –  NYJanuary 12, 2016
I am my own boss which means I work whenever I want to; i create my own schedule when I need money. It's easy money and great for persons like like me who are active and love to be on the move.
Great company, Great concept
courier driver (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 8, 2016
I took the courier job to make a bit of extra cash and have the ability to make my own schedule. I am in a car and sometimes parking can be rather challenging but the upside of working on your own is a huge plus. If you have a good attitude and like customer service this job will suit you well. Once in a while people stiff you with no tip but you still might make $6-$8 per run. Then there are the customers who appreciate speedy and convenient service and tip well. Postmates customer support is very responsive and on the ball. This gig has given me the chance to see many restaurants I was not familiar with and get to know other parts of my beautiful city! The downside for me is the inability to predict the $ I will make per shift. If it's a slow afternoon you may only make $20.
Pros
Flexibility, working on your own, easy and enjoyable
Cons
Parking, slow shifts
you are your own boss
Courier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 31, 2015
Get into my car turn on my device and sign on to schedule and begin working. Good to better your customer service skills. no co workers. Traffic is the hardest part of the job.You get to drive and learn about traveling and lots of different locations.
Pros
no boss
Cons
boring at times
I still work for it
Independent Courier (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 29, 2015
I work whenever I want to. That is a plus. Also when I do work it is always a pleasure. Such a simple job. Always schedule yourself when you need money.
Cons
depends on days where people buy
Great concept, great service
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 18, 2015
For someone who is just starting out in the job world, this service allowed me to use my skills and feel successful at doing my job.
Not Worth The Pay
courier (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CADecember 11, 2015
They say you can make 25.00 an hour but you really only make about 9.00 an hour. You use your own car, so you're reasponsible for the ware and tare from driving all day and you have to pay for your own gas. I don't think it's worth the pay unless you really enjoy driving around all day for not that much pay.
Cons
Low pay, pay for own gas, responsible for own ware and tare on vehicle.
great benefit package, not much else
Operations Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 10, 2015
Postmates offers alot up front but after some time you will see its underbelly.They are not honest people. nor good natured. being under appreciated is what causes most to leave.
Flexible Schedule
Remote Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2015
I enjoy working for Postmates. There schedule is flexible and the management is helpful and courteous. One of the best parts is that by working with the remote support team you are able to work anywhere you have cellphone service and an internet connection to a computer.
Postmates
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 21, 2015
An independent contractor job, customers place their food orders through the Postmates app and we retrieve it through the Postmates Workbench where we call in to the merchant and order the food for the customer, enter the required information, and then that's all.
Pros
Remote and flexible hours
Cons
Theirs a lot of set rules and a specific way you have to do everything.
A good job to not be flat broke.
Walker (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 29, 2015
I great way to make a few extra bucks and discover what merchants have to offer. Meet people form all walks of life and possible save some ones day depending on what item you are delivering.
Pros
Flexable. No "time clock"
Cons
Hit or miss when it comes to how much you will make in a day.
New York City Courier
Courier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 22, 2015
Postmates is an app that allows users to have anything delivered on demand. The company and the courier share the fees. As a courier I can set my own hours and enjoy a lot of independence. In order to keep the ability to do jobs I must maintain a high rating by ensuring excellent customer service.
Free work environment and progressive company
Courier (Former Employee) –  ChicagoOctober 14, 2015
Very nice company to work for, supportive team leaders and customer support was very fast. I enjoyed setting my own hours, and being able to work 24 hours around the clock when I desired.
Pros
Set your own hours
Cons
Not available to be a cyclist in Los Angeles
Flexible hours and competitive pay made it great for a college student
Courier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 13, 2015
On a typical workday I would sign in at the start of my shift and wait for a call. Usually I would be working Friday nights so I would be busy. Over the course of the shift I would ride my bike to various stores in the city and deliver food and goods to my customers.

No real interaction with coworkers as we are all independent contractors.

Management was fine. Helpful when you needed it. No real room for advancement.

Weather was the hardest part of the job. But bad weather meant bigger tips and more jobs so it was a good incentive to work.

Riding my bike through the city and meeting the people who live there was the best part.
Pros
VERY Flexible scheduling, good exercise
Cons
Bad weather, sometimes no jobs at all
An Urban Adventurers Delight
Personal Shopper/Courier - Self Employed (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2015
Postmates was a great place to work. I was technically considered an independent courier so I was my own boss and I had no co-workers. Being a full time student can make it hard to find fulfilling and sustaining employment, but the flexibility of being able to create my own work schedule and tailor it to my needs was a by far one of the best perks of working here. I got to explore all of New York City, visit some great restaurants, discover hidden gems, and burn so many calories while making some decent cash!!

The downside of working with Postmates was the fact that some days I made little to no money at all. A 5-6 hour shift could yield less than minimum wage. On the flip side, a two hour shift could sometimes pay for my phone bill and half my rent for the month.

The work wasn't always steady or reliable, but I always had time to study :)
Pros
Flexible schedule, unlimited fresh air; and the occasional huge tipper
Cons
Physically demanding and pay-outs are unpredictable
Easy-going independent job.
Courier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PaSeptember 9, 2015
A day can consist of multi-tasking. Taking orders, getting people the things they need, all while in between each individual order, doing things for yourself and personal side projects. This job is perfect for someone like me. For people who have experiences where they realize, working under another is not their ideal situation. However, this job is just like every other independent job. You must invest in your equipment, and actually go to work, and it will work for you.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Competitive
awesome
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco caSeptember 7, 2015
i love working for postmates best company ever great benefits and good pay customer service is precise and fast they will email you back right away with any concerns you may have they pay weekly which is a plus and you work what you are scheduled.
Healthy work/life balance, self-sufficient platform with a great customer and employee service team.
Bike Courier (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 30, 2015
Postmates is one of my favorite jobs I have ever had, it is fun and easy work! I learned a lot about local restaurants and stores by shopping there for customers and gained valuable skills in customer service and public engagement. The work is not as consistent as a full-time or part-time job but there are patterns of customer activity and sales opportunities within the market that can make courier work a dependable source of income if exploited often enough. The best part of this job comes from the relationships you will build with customers and clients from the regular exposure to the city and local communities and the freedom to work whenever you want!