Potawatomi Bingo and Casino Employee Reviews in United States

Difficult schedules to deal with
Slot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 31, 2016
Have to be able to deal with difficult people and smile through it. Can be very hard to have any holidays off, will have to work third shift usually when you start.
Housekeeping Attendant/Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 19, 2016
great customers regular work day learned great customer service and problem solving skills management was good my co-workers great people to know wasn't really a hard part to the job
Poto
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 23, 2015
They always had some special event that you had to be there for or you would get some type of penalty. so it was really hard to be sick working here and considering I was pregnant I got sick a lot. which I think they're policies are very unfair and the head manger is very hard to reach.
Great place to woek at and grow in
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 23, 2015
Typical day at work dealing polite and rude customers and trying to find the common balance in it all to provide great guest service.
Pros
diverse people to meet
Cons
trying to get a day off
The job was just to boring.
Table Games/Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 19, 2015
It's a basic on going everyday same pace. After a while you lose focus in the job itself. It's a job if u like to stand around and do nothing, but it's not for me I like to be active.
Former banquet worker
banquet (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 6, 2015
Is an absolutely horrible place to work HR sides of management always they do not truly care about the employees your pig get cut at any time without notice and you're nothing but a number you can work your butt off for them and they don't appreciate it and they'll get rid of you in the blink of an eye because they don't care about you.
Pros
Benefit
Cons
Management and hr
Great place to work, good energy, great culture, no pressure, relaxed but engaging atmosphere.
Internal Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 17, 2015
Great place to work, engaging management staff, open-mindedness abundant throughout organization, true passion from executive management to succeed, and a comprehensive team environment.
Pros
Excellent training opportunities and supporting tools to accomplish the day-to-day tasks.
Cons
At-wil employment relationship.
Inspired Leanring
Assistant Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 27, 2015
A great place to learn, seek opportunities, and has a positive team environment. A company that values employees, good work ethic and encourages communication.
Always looking to improve and provide training to prepare employees to do their jobs with success.
Pros
Job Opportunities, Compensation, and Benefits
Cons
Communication
food service industry
Busser/Server (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 8, 2015
I really enjoyed and loved working for Potawatomi bingo casino. It was a great experience that I will never forget. I learned a lot there an how to better my guest service skills. I met different people along the way which is great. I also love the way the job treats every one of the associates there With respect and like they matter.
Fun Workplace to meet People and Advance
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 31, 2015
A typical work day is pretty good, meet all kinds of new people and learn different personalities. What I learned there was that you meet good,and bad people in that line of business. It all depends on the person if you want to get to know those people.
Pros
Good Benefits, Frequent breaks
Cons
Customers losing money and having a bad attitude about it.
Productive and fun place to work
Tour & Travel Associate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 10, 2015
A t ypical day at work would be greeting our daily buses that come to visit the casino and enter their players club card information in to the system to upload free play money and do this for all 10 groups that come in daily. I learned how to work with a various different programs, handle cash, work under pressure. Management was not very compromising, but i did what i had to do even though i did not agree with alot of things. My co-workers were pleasant to work with and very friendly with each other and other guests. The hardest part of my job was dealing with people who were upset and complained because they spent all of their money. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a diverse group of people and different ages and being able to be present when a guest won and to see how excited they were made me happy.
Pros
n/a
Cons
short breaks and lunches, no incentives, no positive feedback from management.
Productive and fun working in a casino environment
Bingo Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 8, 2015
Manages clerks and making sure they were ready to start the day. Make sure computer and banks were ready for the clerks to handle the customers. The hardest part of the job was making sure everyone balances and paperwork was kept up. Also make sure the other supervisors knew what to do for the day. The easy part of the job was very enjoyable was running for bingo and seeing how happy the customer became.
Pros
Promotions, rasises
Cons
Short breaks
casino server
Casino Server (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 30, 2015
Complete my assigned area.
I greet guest and talk to them about their day.
Each guest can request soda, coffee, cigars, or alcoholic beverages.
I handle money and casino cash and chips.
Each guest is treated with respect and their request is always completed.
Pros
working with others
Cons
short breaks
Amazing work place
Cashier and Host (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 24, 2015
I enjoy working for the buffet , the team work was amazing but i think i worked the hardest. the most part i love about the job was manger co workers. And every Tuesday we had senior citizen day i love helping elderly people , find their set help them with their food.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks fast pace etc
productive and fun place to work
Bingo Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 12, 2015
this is a very energetic job that keeps you busy and can take up all o your time and your day. it is a very fast pace and you are always around alot of people at all times.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
health care
Potawatomi Hotel and Casino
Line Officer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 1, 2015
Sign keys out to security officer,radios and file paperwork for work day and set up paperwork for the next work day. sign in and out various keys to team members throughout shift. Check visitors, vendors and contractors in-out during shift. Manage staff of 30-40 co workers and assist in daily task.
Pros
healthcare, paid time off, ability to grow inside company
Cons
open 24hours, holidays, and hard to get approved days off in advace
Upbeat , fast paced environment, thousands of people daily
Bingo Admissions clerk (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 9, 2015
A typical day at work for me here is counting alot of paper sighing off for my paperwork that i would be using for the day, going into a assigned booth and selling bingo packs and computers to guest for a bingo session, helping new players better understand how bingo is played an the difference between paper an computer and also answering any questions they might have about the casino and promotions of the month
Pros
always business, fast paced work, the guest
Cons
hours, loud, smokey
Productive and Fun
Fire Keeper Hostess (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 6, 2015
I worked with a variety of individuals as well as a diverse group of individuals. I learned different tasks and different leadership roles.
Pros
working with different individuals
Cons
short breaks
If you can work here, you can work anywhere. It prepeares you for other jobs.
Waiter/Server (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 4, 2015
On a typical day, you work hard and have to give it your all. You have fun and make good money. Management are okay to work with. You have so many different people that you work with so it taught me to be flexible and positive at all times. The most enjoyable part of the job was having the opportunity to interact with so many different people.
Pros
great employee training, great communication, great pay
You meet all types of people!
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 2, 2015
If you are ever one of those people who can be kind of distant and you want to change, this definitely the place to work. You meet so many different types of people. Not only do you get to hear about the experiences of others, you learn to professionally deal with different types of personalities.