Potawatomi Bingo and Casino Employee Reviews

Nice Job
Blackjack Dealer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 7, 2017
Potawatomi is a great job and offer great benefits. The only thing is they have weird work hours. but overall is an excellent place to work.
it is also a fun, but smoky environment to work in.
Cons
weird work hours
if you enjoy serving and being on your feet constantly this is a nice place to work
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 27, 2017
Setting up for all kinds of events,
hardest was at the end of closing taring down and resetting for the next days event
enjoyable the bonus pay of working the events
Review
Money Room Main Banker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 14, 2017
Great place to work. Everyone is friendly and helpful. You just have to be careful since the attendance policy is very strict.

Overall a nice place to work
Great place, but IT management is terrible
IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee WISeptember 25, 2017
The management creates a hostile and unprofessional environment. the team does good work, even though they are treated horribly. The idea of conformity and obeyance through fear is the lay of the land
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 17, 2017
Overall some what of good benefits. Some departments have better pay then others. 401k is something that I really like about the company. And different insurance plan they have for you is optional.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
very busy everyday
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 13, 2017
working in this restaurant was always busy and always running around. the pay was good along with relying on tips. the tips is what made everything worth the stress. some guests are very needy and very rude. overall the workplace is a very nice atmosphere.
Pros
pays good
Cons
busy stressful
Card dealer
Blackjack Dealer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 10, 2017
You never feel like you working. Always fun. Load, fast paced work. Encouraging management team. Payed training. Great employee appreciation. Always helping you to improve.
wide variety of tasks
Buffet Cook/Host (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 31, 2017
Never a dull moment, the casino is an ok place to work. No bonuses, infrequent raises, flexible hours. If you can work with that, you'll enjoy your time there.
benefits
benefits
Nice place to work like any job communication was our biggest problems.
Security Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  1721 West Canal StreetAugust 24, 2017
I learned how to deal with people that became frustrated by attending a verbal judo class (tactical communication)

Well management wasn't to bad just didn't communicate far as passing on information that happen on other shifts.

Native culture but I love the environment.

The hardest part about my jobs is seeing people being treated unfair and I have no words to defend them.

The favorite part about my job was dressing up in a shirt and tie addressing issues in a professional manner.
Pros
We have nice food selection and the prices are reasonable.
Extremely great place to work with terrific benefits and amazing health care
Chef (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 14, 2017
Everyday is an amazing experience to get to learn something new, either about yourself or your job. Management takes there time with training you on what you need to know, there's no added unwanted pressure. The pay is amazing and everyone throughout the casino get a raise every year no matter the position.
Pros
There's an employee restaurant on the 3rd floor with unbelievable prices on a full meal.
Cons
If you work on the casino floor, our guest our allowed to smoke which can be a danger to some.
Extremely stressful
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 12, 2017
Somedays are better than others but you typically deal with rude customers who usually get away with berating the employees. Pay is lower than local hotels in the area, which is horrible for the work environment and customers employees are subjected to daily. Management doesn't support, praise or show appreciation of any sort to its workers. Benefits are subpar. Training is laughable for this position, you're never properly trained and its only 1 week and you're on your own when it should be at MINIMUM 2 weeks. Coworkers are AMAZING people who are overworked, underpaid and underappreciated which is why the turnover rate is extremely HIGH (I've personally witnessed 20 people leave the position in the short span of working there)(Front desk requires 12 people to be fully staffed, we were NEVER fully staffed for more than 2 months at a time.) Thick skin and a strong mind are two attributes one should have to be able to deal with any position at the Potawatomi organization. I can say that working there has prepared me for any job/career in my future. For that I am thankful.
Pros
Discounted tickets for attractions
Cons
Low pay, draining environment
Fun and exciting
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 23, 2017
The casino is a great place to work, you meet so many people and your bosses most of the time treat you pretty well. The casino take good care of their employees and I recommend them!
Pros
free ticktes to sporting events. and discont to family fun places
Fun work place
W. Canal St, Security Line Officer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 18, 2017
Typical day at work was getting ready for work in the locker room and make sure customers are following guidelines. I learned a lot about myself and working under pressure. Management was real cool to me. The culture was fun and entertaining. Hardest part was dealing with the second hand smoke. Enjoyable part was meeting different people.
Pros
Laid back
Always busy
Food & Beverage Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 17, 2017
Stressful work but it is always busy and the money is good. There is plenty of room for advancement and learning opportunities. The company does a nice job of providing great opportunities for front line team members
Pros
busy
Cons
clientele
"Its A job"
Casino Floor Server (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 27, 2017
The benefits package is the best part of working there. The team members all have interesting stories. Worked here for 6 years and I learned alot and meet a great deal of people.
PR Assistant
Summer Internship- Public Relations (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 25, 2017
* Promoting the company and writing articles

* Hosting events to help the community/ some charities

* I loved dealing with all of the staff that worked there.
Terrible place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 5, 2017
Worst company to work for. If you are not a "favorite" your life will be terrible. Very unfair treatment. There is nothing else to say about this place. It is a terrible environment.
Pros
free event tickets
Cons
everything else about this place sucks
workplace
Blackjack Dealer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 29, 2017
Fast some slow place environment always something to do. Good customer service skills. Hardest part about the job was the smoke and sometimes short on staff. Enjoyable part was it was fun actually getting paid to play games.
Cons
Its an fast pace busy environment
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 3, 2017
I deal with many different people on a daily get a chance to deal a different game daily... The most enjoyable part of the job is the joy you bring to your players when your customer servive is a 10
Pros
Break every hour for twenty minutes
Cons
Its a place where they makes their on laws
Good company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 31, 2017
This company was also a good company to work for, they had a lot of growth opportunities, good pay, and great benefits. As long as you didn't mind standing and getting crazy hours at the beginning this would be the company for you.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Smokey Environment