Potawatomi Bingo and Casino Employee Reviews

Good company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 31, 2017
This company was also a good company to work for, they had a lot of growth opportunities, good pay, and great benefits. As long as you didn't mind standing and getting crazy hours at the beginning this would be the company for you.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Smokey Environment
Fun Place
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee County, WIJanuary 29, 2017
Working in the call center was fun for me. I learned to sale when I thought I could not. My manager was the best. The work place is exciting if you like casinos. The hardest part being under paid. The most enjoyable part was my co-workers.
Pros
Great food
Cons
Low pay
productive fun workplace
Housekeeper/catering (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 25, 2017
great job to better yourself as a person and build great team work skills also great to better your customer service skills because its fast pace and busy non stop
productive fun workplace
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 18, 2017
supervisors and employees are great, alot of wonderful customers great fun to work around. transportation supported free parking and employee entrace
Eh.
Floor Supervisor II (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 15, 2017
It's an okay temporary job, but depending on your department, you can only advance so far before you hit a brick wall. Management is a mixed bag, ranging from inefficient alcoholic misogynists to legitimately focused and hard working individuals. HR is apparently completely unaware of how toxic some departments are, because a large number of habitual drug users, predatory men, and listless boors are allowed to not only continue to work there but collect bonuses, raises, and overtime.

A complete managerial overhaul of some departments and a reevaluation of customer needs would make this a much more enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Great benefits, fair wages
Cons
Poor management, stunted advancement, toxic work environment
Horrible
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 29, 2016
So Much Work But There Was Very Little Pay. Was Always Responsible For Things You Can Not Control. Benefits Was Okay. Had To Work In Heavy Cigarette Smoke.
Great work place
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 29, 2016
Love working here friendly work place, you can move up in the company as fast as you like,able to learn as many table games as you like
the job
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 21, 2016
The work you do as a banquet server is pretty hard, from setting the parties up to taking it all down its all time consuming but the turn out was great.
Pros
food
Cons
break not guarenteed, work schedul was every where
Pay was good
Security Surveillance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 8, 2016
Pay was good, Poor policy's, Company need to review policies and procedures to accommodate the city, patrons and employees with the changing culture.
outstanding work environment
Casino Security Line Officer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 6, 2016
A typical day at the casino was lots of fun, everyone who smiled and spoke when they seen each other. Conducting currency escorts and checking I.D cards was ok put seeing costumers leave happy with the services provided to them was even better. Management was cool on certain shifts depends on who there weir. Co-workers was so ok some seems to like the job some didn't. The hardest part about the job was not getting a good partner to work the area you was assigned to it was always somebody who left they location leaving the you to become over whelmed with guest. The most enjoyable part was half price Dining for employee and team member appreciation weeks lots of gives sometimes even bonus checks.
Pros
Healthcare, PTO, Overtime
Cons
not enough off days, short breaks
cleaning up
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  MillNovember 29, 2016
cleaning up
wiping out ash trash
cleaning slot machine
help people with there drinks
get soda and water and coffe for older people
pulling the dirty garges bags out
Fun Place to work
Security Line Officer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 30, 2016
A typical day at Potawatomi is meeting new ppl daily
I make friends with customers, I got promoted quickly based on job performance. We get lots of discounts
Pros
Free game tickets, Money for bdays, bonuses
Cons
n/a
High levels of energy and very fun working environment.
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 3, 2016
Potawatomi Bingo and Casino is a very fun work place. You are always on the move, enjoyable music as you work, chat with customers and co-workers, and a highly free work place with minor super-vision. The casino has good benefits, and good pay rates.
Pros
Discounts on food in the lunchroom. Watch shows for free as long as you work.
Cons
The job can get extremely difficult at times when is truly busy. Mainly friday and saturdays, or on special holidays.
Favotisum, benifit loss
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 3, 2016
The management change was so drastic at the casino changes everyday most of the officers were never where they were suppose to be and did watch out for people doing wrong in the casino.
Pros
getting tickets to games
Cons
not haveing support
table games
Blackjack Dealer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 25, 2016
it was a party everynight. I met new people everyday. handle over hundred thousand on good nights. had a great time dealing cards to strangers trying my best to get them some winnigs...
Pros
great company
Cons
short breaks and to much smoke
dealing cards
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 29, 2016
make sure we greet all guest and make sure they enjoyed their stay. make sure i perform as best as i can. always smile. keep a correct amount of chips in our tray
potawatomi
vault main banker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 13, 2016
I absolutely loved working there. I love meeting new people and helping customers. Management and coworkers were always nice and very helpful.
Pros
paid lunch, raises, overtime offered often
Cons
3rd shift, work every weekend
Awesome job
Landscape Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 7, 2016
The casino was always busy which meant constant work for the grounds staff. Great benefits and great employees! Overall it was a great place to work.
It paid the bills with heartache
Bingo Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 30, 2016
I started Potwatomi after my original retail job cut my hours in half. I didn't expect to get hired from them nor to have lasted as long as I did. I appreciate the supervisors and managers there. They tried to make it fun but bottom line, this a company that doesn't have federal laws to protect you. People are told they can be replaced at any time AND morale was horrid. I saw the same people over and over give away their life savings and I had to pretend they would win.

The pay was great, I was making twice as much as my original job. However, the hardest part was knowing people had an addiction to gambling and not being able to tell them verbally to get help. If I wanted them to get help, I had to get the security manager involved which is hard since I don't see security that much. I was part time but any time I had free, I was mostly sleeping due to not having a set schedule. I knew I would work the weekend and depending on factors, I might stay until 9pm or Midnight.
Pros
wage and tips were awesome
Cons
being told there's about a 1, 000 who would kill for your job, no federal laws to back you up, had to have very open availablity
Fast paced and energetic environment
Bingo floor clerk/ Bingo Admissions (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 30, 2016
A typical day at work consists of great customer service, greeting guests, handling guest problems and making sure at the end of every visit the guest is sure to come back. I work with the most eccentric group of co-workers which I love that about them. I would say the hardest part of my job is trying to please a guest that doesn't want to be pleased. The best part about my job is being able to build a great relationship with the guest and also co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Potawatomi Bingo and Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

81%