Potbelly Sandwich Shop

Potbelly Sandwich Shop Employee Reviews

Animated, postive staff.
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 27, 2015
Pros: There was always room for growth within the company
Cons: no cons
Felt like the people and the managers i have had the pleasure to meet helped me grow as a person as well as a manager. The company takes pride in hiring the right people who have the attitude to not only keep customers happy but the other staff as well. The hardest part of the job would have to be the transition process from a Associate to a Shift leader only because this may require you to leave the home store you trained in. Most enjoyable part was being able to develope associates and see growth within a emerging company.
Great company to work for with a lot of opportunity to advance
General Manager Training Lead (Current Employee), Novi, MIMay 18, 2015
Potbelly is a fun place to work with great people at all levels of the company. They continue to grow which can lead to numerous opportunities for those with the proper initiative and work ethic.
Growing too quickly for their own good
Salaried General Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 17, 2015
Pushing people through the system who are not qualified, making things harder on those of us who are. Company that doesn't practice what they preach.
Great Atmosphere
Delivery Biker/Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 17, 2015
Fun yet quick atmosphere! Fun if you like quick paced and make a customer smile. Its a very good gourmet sandwich that you get to create and help customer happy!
Productive work place
Food Prep 1/Certified trainer/Shift leader (Former Employee), brooklyn,NYMay 15, 2015
A typical day is coming in, changing into uniform, making sure all food are prep and all stations are stocked before the lunch rush.
Fun environment and great people to work with.
Sandwich Maker (Current Employee), Beavercreek, OHMay 12, 2015
I enjoy the people I work with and enjoy the company I work for, I like the fast paced environment and I enjoy keeping busy.
Fun environment
Crew Member/CT Lead (Former Employee), Braintree, MAMay 11, 2015
Potbelly is the place to be if you want to grow within a company and if you enjoy busy fast paced jobs. Its a good job especially if you have no experiance.
Very fun Company
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 7, 2015
Potbelly honestly has been the best restaurant job I've had. I enjoyed coming into work due to my co-workers making the time fun. To me the most fun part about the job was the rush periods during lunch mostly because it makes the time go faster and making hundreds of sandwiches the correct way.
Not a bad place to work but I was young and it was my first job.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Brookfield, WIApril 22, 2015
Pros: Free lunch and fun people.
Cons: Hot ovens and had to work all nights
I worked everything from cleaning to running the line making sandwiches and ringing up customers. I learned how to work as a team on weekends and how to work independently on week nights. The other workers were always fun to work with and made work fun and enjoyable. The hardest thing was working around hot ovens all day and cleaning all the machines. I loved working by myself knowing I could get it all done and make it look really nice.
Great place to work easy to advance!
GM (Former Employee), IllnoisApril 11, 2015
Pros: discount lunches and great music
Cons: short breaks
Love the vibe and energy the company have, equal opportunity, very fair! They have great people to work for. The opportunity to develop into a strong leader is yours. It's what you make of the company, not a challenge. Great food and the quality is great! Co- workers are fun you have some that are up tight but others that are way cool.
Good amtmosphere busy work environment
Associate (Current Employee), Van NessApril 9, 2015
Typical day always busy I learned how to have patience management is okay some co-workers are lazy the hardest part of the job is management do what they want 7 don't give you a fair shot the most enjoyable part of the job is the customers
College Student
Associate - Food Prep (Former Employee), 718 New York Ave. NW Washington DCApril 9, 2015
A typical day was a rush. It was fun doing the peak hours.

I learned that I would not recommend this location to any college students. The manager refuse to work with your schedule for school.

Management at this location is not a good management.

I loved my co-workers. Everyone pretty much got along. We made the day go by faster.
It was a fun learning experiance that I wish could have turned into a long term career.
Kitchen Prep (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 21, 2015
The job and the people were great. The only thing missing from the location I was at was the opportunity to grow with the company.
way to self absorbed
CFO/OPERATING MANAGER (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: good food if excuted
Cons: the company
Upper management is so money hungry that lower level employees and managers get 0% of any profit sharing. no bonuses weird scheduling.
Energetic and Inviting workplace with tasty food
Food Prep (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2015
Pros: reasonable discounts on lunch, reasonable breaks
Cons: limited amount of work hours
The flow of customers usually come at a steady pace, all enjoying the food with the help of a great team that works together like family.
Productive work place.
Associate (Current Employee), National Harbor, MDMarch 6, 2015
I really enjoy working there. All of the different people I see and meet on a daily. I really like the people I work with. Hardest part of the job would have to be the big rush we get sometimes. I learned how to deal with the cashier and shake station.
Productive and fun work environment
Associate (Former Employee), Lake Oswego, ORMarch 3, 2015
At Potbelly Sandwich Shop I learned how to run the cash register, prep food, make sandwiches, give great customer service, and make sure things are always clean. Potbelly provided a fun and productive work environment where I learned teamwork and responsibility. I got along with all of my co-workers, smiling throughout the work day and finding new ways to be creative and provide a positive environment for the customers. The hardest part of the job was the lunch rush, but I learned how to work in a fast paced environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with the customers and making sure each one left with a smile on their face.
Fun and lively workplace
Associate (Former Employee), Hanover, MDJanuary 4, 2015
A typical day at work is very hectic! We started off every morning prepping and preparing for the workday. Usually around 11:30 a.m, the line is out of the door and we start to work extremely fast, but it is fun because we are all working at as a team to reach our goal for the day!
Fun place to work with great people
Associate (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: most of the dishes and janitorial duties getting dumped onto one person each day
I really like it and we are all friendly and nice people who get along. I learned a lot about how to present yourself to customers and be friendly and make idle conversation. The management is nice and doesn't make mistakes. Sometimes there are communication errors. The hardest part is usually when I close I have to sort of rush myself beyond the speed I feel comfortable working at to finish on time. The most enjoyable part is getting to hang out with friends and make sandwiches.
Long time ago
General Manager Training Leader (Current Employee), Macomb, MINovember 12, 2014
Learned time management skills, work with a lot of younger people that didn't care too much.

1 2 3