UNITED STATES SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMAND
Resiliency and Human Performance Program
Title: Psychological / Mental Health Technician - VARIOUS LOCATIONS
Education and Experience:
- Associate Degree or commensurate level of training for respective position.
- If Military trained must be as a mental health technician / specialist.
- Minimum three (3) years experience as a psychiatric / mental health program assistant.
- Government Contract – Background Investigation Required.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible, under the supervision of a licensed psychiatrist, social worker, psychiatric nurse or psychologist, for providing a wide range of behavior health interventions from prevention to treatment to individuals and who assigns work defining objectives, priorities, and deadlines, and provides guidance and assignments that do not have clear precedents.
2. Intake and assist in the care and treatment of psychiatric, drum and alcohol patients and counsel clients/patients with personal, behavioral or psychological problems.
3. Accomplish work on a substantially independent basis, performing a full range of standard and nonstandard work assignments and revolving a variety of non-recurring problems encountered on own initiative.
Program Specific Tasks:
- Populate and maintain computerized database that will contain all units within the HQ organization.
- Monthly statistical reports for various entities / sections.
- Update the Family Advocacy (FAP) and Behavioral Health training database monthly.
- Prepare biannual Social Work / Behavioral Health PowerPoint presentation.
- Assist with development of program operation instructions. Work with others to uncover inefficiencies and give recommendations for improvement.
- Review of operation to ensure functioning within budget.
- Develop and maintain appointments, physical property and inventory.
- Frequent interface with the Command’s family support organizations.
- Assist with Case Review Committee meetings.
- Maintains resource library.
4. Additional duties as determined and assigned.