Pottstown Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews

Very unorganized
ICU/CCU Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAMarch 14, 2017
Most of my peers were great to work with and had a team player mentality. However, the upper management made our job as nurses difficult. The facility was understaffed and there was a high turn around rate with nurse. They did hire some agency nurses but they were equally appalled by the lack of moral that was present throughout the hospital and unfair wages.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Understaffed
Pottstown Hospital
Lab (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PA 19464December 7, 2016
A typical day at the hospital is very busy. The departments such as the ER and other floors were very nice. The co workers or management in the Lab is HORRIBLE they are not that nice or polite. The hardest part working for the hospital was working in the lab because the supervisors played favorites. They are the worst department I ever worked for.
Cons
bad lab managment
Pager
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PASeptember 25, 2016
I volunteered and enjoyed meeting the patients and having small conversations with the workers and the visitors. I learned a lot about confidentiality. I enjoyed sending flowers to the patients room and seeing the smile on their face. Seeing a sick a person smile and be a happy over he simplest things really make my day. Discharging patients on wheelchairs was also enjoyable. They were very cheery and excited to go back home and reunite with their loving family.
Pros
Seeing smiling faces. Helping out those who need help. Free voucher meals.
Cons
delivering specmens.
Okay
Health Information Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJanuary 18, 2017
Poor management, no room for growth
Some of the people I worked with were great but the management is very unprofessional.
The department I worked in was always understaffed and very unorganized.
Not like it used to be
Mental Health Worker II (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PADecember 27, 2016
Management is poor. Pay for my position, MHW II, is good but that is the only pro. I used to enjoy working at PMMC but it has become too political. I work night shift and enjoy my coworkers.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Positive work environment
Per Diem Radiation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PASeptember 6, 2016
I enjoy working at PMMC. They are flexible with my work schedule and give me plenty of notice for when they have me scheduled. No matter how much the has passed since my last shift, my fellow coworkers always fill me in on new procedures and any news or changes with our patients,
Great patient care
Health Information Management Director (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAFebruary 28, 2016
This facility cares about the patient and all staff are a part of seeing to the patients comfort. Employees are encouraged to be a part of the patient's care and family comfort.
Administrative Supervisor
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PASeptember 28, 2015
Loved the job of problem solving and interaction with all levels of staff and management. Insured appropriate staffing for all units of the hospital, morgue management, assisted on a clinical level to units that needed help in crisis.
Pros
Use of leadership and clinical skills
Cons
Hospital went from non-profit to profit status. Focus was on finances and moved away from quality
Backstabbing is rampant...
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PASeptember 12, 2015
I worked as a CMA in a physician's office and it was not a good experience. If you made yourself part of the clique, you were good. Don't go against what the physicians say and you'll be fine... regardless of whether or not it is ethical. Backstabbing was a daily occurrence. I often found myself in the middle of physician/management disagreements and guess who got let go? You guessed it...

This company (and it is quite large and not locally owned any more) really needs to look at management and weed out those that make everyone else's lives difficult. They need to train those in charge and look at those currently in management positions. It's quite obvious that this company is not concerned with the welfare of its employees.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Subpar compensation; management is poor
Job is okay
Expert (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PANovember 12, 2015
Good to get experience in the field. Not something great to do long term. No room for pay raise in the position. Can make own schedule as per diem and most days I can choose what department I want to work in.
Pros
Make my own schedule
Cons
Some staff look down upon the position
Busy work evironment
CNA (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PASeptember 3, 2014
You are on the go from the time you get in there till the time you leave. You never know how your day is going to be, it's much different then a LTC setting. In LTC your day is pretty much the same routine. I have learned alot of different area's by working at the hospital, area's you aren't aloud to do in a nursing home setting. The staff for the most part work's together. The hardest part of the job is the not knowing how the day will be, what kind of pt's will be arriving on the floor that day. I enjoy going to work and helping people on there ways to recovery.
Pros
my schedule, my coworkers, my pt's
Cons
stress, busy day's
I like it.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAAugust 22, 2014
I work in the Center for Behavioral Medicine. Daily Ups & Downs like any nursing position. Heavy drug and alcohol abuse population. I work with some very skilled and experienced staff. Our immediate Manager is amazing. VERY knowledgeable but very busy. He always makes time to stop what he is doing to talk if you ask but he is rarely on the floor due to meetings. Upper management is often switching. We've had 4 CNO's in 4 years. Hoping the current one stays.
No nursing union. Service workers are in a union. Constantly cutting support staff. Low turn over in our department. Too few per Diem to pick up time or cover short staffing. All in all one of the better places I've worked.
Pros
Great team
Cons
staff ratios are feast or famine
Enjoy challenges and changes that come with the healthcare field
Registration Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAAugust 17, 2013
Overall, I enjoyed my position. I was laid off which is why I am currently seeking employment Healthcare is constantly changing and I truly enjoyed the challenges that I came across on a daily basis. Becoming a lead/supervisor and then becoming the trainer allowed me to enhance my skills even more with taking all the components of a department I lead to implementing them in the core of the training program that our department needed. It allowed me to also grow not only stronger relationships with new employees but with retraining, I gained a strong network with the employees in the department and satellite locations as well.
Very busy inpatient care setting.
Hospital Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAFebruary 11, 2013
A usual work day consists of large volumes of data entry.
Review medications being prepared for delivery to Pyxis machines.
Answer phone calls from Physicians and Nurses for Compatibility, availabilty and interaction potentials for medications.
Co-workers were great. Everybody had to hustle and usually did.
Our Director worked diligently to make the pharmacy function well.
The most difficult part of the job was simply volume vs slow computer system and trying to close by 23:30. The most enjoyable part of the job was interaction with co-workers. I discovered I didn't care for 2nd shift and working as the only Pharmacist every Sunday evening.
Pros
a fine group of people to work with.
Cons
too often no breaks.
Excellent
Endoscopy Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJune 12, 2013
Transport discharged patients by wheelchairs upon leaving to and from the hospital
Safely handled and delivered patient samples between laboratories and directed hospital departments
Managed medical supply inventory for patient quarters and nurses stations
Gathered patient consent forms of Anesthesia and Admission Procedure forms
Daily use of Universal Safety Precautions of disinfecting medical equipment
Excellent Organization
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAMay 20, 2014
Everyday is different when you walk into an emergency room, this emergency room is very busy which is great, and it is lead by a group of excellent physicians. The most enjoyable part of of the day is at the end of your shift everything is done, patients are where they need to be and I can walk away knowing that I played a small role in the overall operation of the unit.
Pros
Nice group of employees.
Cons
At times, breaks are not possible.
Friendly and fun place towork.
COLLECTION CLERK (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PADecember 5, 2013
Office of approximately 20 females that all got along with each other and helped each other with our daily responsibilities. Our bosses were very easy to talk to and open to our concerns and suggestions. We all worked together as a team. The biggest roadblocks were human errors by other departments.
Pros
Casual and friendly office
Cons
None that really stand out.
Good group of people to work with
Staff Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Pottstown,PAMay 12, 2012
The people I work with are hard workers, no one slacks and everyone tries to accomodate each other in the best way possible. Each person is not afraid to teach another their tricks of the trade and learn from one another. Our lead tech is fair and hard-working and the best part is that we get along and have fun at work which I consider to be a lucky asset.
Great place to work,far drive, too many weekends working
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PASeptember 20, 2015
Love my job but the drive is a little extensive and working required weekends is getting to be too much with a change in my life style.
Pros
great people
Cons
weekends, pay
short staffed always
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAMay 8, 2015
Stressful and short staffed, managerial intimidation, low moral, no room for advancement, poor working conditions, all this yet I have the most dedicated co-workers and we do the best job and never forget the patient.
Cons
short staffed always

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pottstown Memorial Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Pottstown Memorial Medical Center Reviews by Location