Pottstown Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews

Backstabbing is rampant...
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PASeptember 12, 2015
I worked as a CMA in a physician's office and it was not a good experience. If you made yourself part of the clique, you were good. Don't go against what the physicians say and you'll be fine... regardless of whether or not it is ethical. Backstabbing was a daily occurrence. I often found myself in the middle of physician/management disagreements and guess who got let go? You guessed it...

This company (and it is quite large and not locally owned any more) really needs to look at management and weed out those that make everyone else's lives difficult. They need to train those in charge and look at those currently in management positions. It's quite obvious that this company is not concerned with the welfare of its employees.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Subpar compensation; management is poor
Very busy inpatient care setting.
Hospital Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAFebruary 11, 2013
A usual work day consists of large volumes of data entry.
Review medications being prepared for delivery to Pyxis machines.
Answer phone calls from Physicians and Nurses for Compatibility, availabilty and interaction potentials for medications.
Co-workers were great. Everybody had to hustle and usually did.
Our Director worked diligently to make the pharmacy function well.
The most difficult part of the job was simply volume vs slow computer system and trying to close by 23:30. The most enjoyable part of the job was interaction with co-workers. I discovered I didn't care for 2nd shift and working as the only Pharmacist every Sunday evening.
Pros
a fine group of people to work with.
Cons
too often no breaks.
I like it.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAAugust 22, 2014
I work in the Center for Behavioral Medicine. Daily Ups & Downs like any nursing position. Heavy drug and alcohol abuse population. I work with some very skilled and experienced staff. Our immediate Manager is amazing. VERY knowledgeable but very busy. He always makes time to stop what he is doing to talk if you ask but he is rarely on the floor due to meetings. Upper management is often switching. We've had 4 CNO's in 4 years. Hoping the current one stays.
No nursing union. Service workers are in a union. Constantly cutting support staff. Low turn over in our department. Too few per Diem to pick up time or cover short staffing. All in all one of the better places I've worked.
Pros
great team
Cons
staff ratios are feast or famine
Enjoy challenges and changes that come with the healthcare field
Registration Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAAugust 17, 2013
Overall, I enjoyed my position. I was laid off which is why I am currently seeking employment Healthcare is constantly changing and I truly enjoyed the challenges that I came across on a daily basis. Becoming a lead/supervisor and then becoming the trainer allowed me to enhance my skills even more with taking all the components of a department I lead to implementing them in the core of the training program that our department needed. It allowed me to also grow not only stronger relationships with new employees but with retraining, I gained a strong network with the employees in the department and satellite locations as well.
Busy work evironment
CNA (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PASeptember 3, 2014
You are on the go from the time you get in there till the time you leave. You never know how your day is going to be, it's much different then a LTC setting. In LTC your day is pretty much the same routine. I have learned alot of different area's by working at the hospital, area's you aren't aloud to do in a nursing home setting. The staff for the most part work's together. The hardest part of the job is the not knowing how the day will be, what kind of pt's will be arriving on the floor that day. I enjoy going to work and helping people on there ways to recovery.
Pros
my schedule, my coworkers, my pt's
Cons
stress, busy day's
Excellent
Endoscopy Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJune 12, 2013
Transport discharged patients by wheelchairs upon leaving to and from the hospital
Safely handled and delivered patient samples between laboratories and directed hospital departments
Managed medical supply inventory for patient quarters and nurses stations
Gathered patient consent forms of Anesthesia and Admission Procedure forms
Daily use of Universal Safety Precautions of disinfecting medical equipment
Excellent Organization
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAMay 20, 2014
Everyday is different when you walk into an emergency room, this emergency room is very busy which is great, and it is lead by a group of excellent physicians. The most enjoyable part of of the day is at the end of your shift everything is done, patients are where they need to be and I can walk away knowing that I played a small role in the overall operation of the unit.
Pros
nice group of employees.
Cons
at times, breaks are not possible.
Administrative Supervisor
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PASeptember 28, 2015
Loved the job of problem solving and interaction with all levels of staff and management. Insured appropriate staffing for all units of the hospital, morgue management, assisted on a clinical level to units that needed help in crisis.
Pros
Use of leadership and clinical skills
Cons
Hospital went from non-profit to profit status. Focus was on finances and moved away from quality
Friendly and fun place towork.
COLLECTION CLERK (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PADecember 5, 2013
Office of approximately 20 females that all got along with each other and helped each other with our daily responsibilities. Our bosses were very easy to talk to and open to our concerns and suggestions. We all worked together as a team. The biggest roadblocks were human errors by other departments.
Pros
casual and friendly office
Cons
none that really stand out.
Good group of people to work with
Staff Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Pottstown,PAMay 12, 2012
The people I work with are hard workers, no one slacks and everyone tries to accomodate each other in the best way possible. Each person is not afraid to teach another their tricks of the trade and learn from one another. Our lead tech is fair and hard-working and the best part is that we get along and have fun at work which I consider to be a lucky asset.
short staffed always
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAMay 8, 2015
Stressful and short staffed, managerial intimidation, low moral, no room for advancement, poor working conditions, all this yet I have the most dedicated co-workers and we do the best job and never forget the patient.
Cons
short staffed always
Enjoy going to work everyday, work with a wonderful team of physician's and nurses, providing optimal patient care.
Operating Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJanuary 8, 2013
Pros
co-workers
Cons
manuel charting
Great breakroom
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAMay 11, 2015
Needed more4. staff for job Needed more equipment to gert job done. Learned greater management skills an customer service skills.
Pros
great people tpm work with
Cons
Short breaks need for more staqff i8n department .
productive was able to learn a lot with on the job training
spd (Former Employee) –  central service techNovember 2, 2011
Pottstown hospital was a enjoyable employment, I have worked there for 11 years there was room to grow i have worked in three departments all was a great learning experience.
Pros
room to grow
Great place to work,far drive, too many weekends working
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PASeptember 20, 2015
Love my job but the drive is a little extensive and working required weekends is getting to be too much with a change in my life style.
Pros
great people
Cons
weekends, pay
Horrible place to work
Sterile processing (Former Employee) –  PottsotwnJune 6, 2013
Poor management horrible people to work with soo much back stabbing not enough help no help with learning the job
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no help people like to get you in trouble and are lazy
OVERALL THE WORK PLACE IS OUT DATED & LACK DIVERSITY IN THE WORK PLACE
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAOctober 9, 2014
POTTSTOWN HOSPITAL NEEDS CLASSES FOR THE EMPLOYEES ABOUT RACISM!!!!
Pros
offer medical coverage to part timers
Cons
short breaks, no formal training
Lots of gossip
Med/Surg RN (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PASeptember 21, 2014
I was bullied by other nurses and you have to have a thick skin to be a new employee there. I learned the true meaning of "nurses eat their young".
Pros
beautiful hospital, clean
Cons
bullied by other nurses
Felt I was doing something positive for the community
Laboratory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAMarch 7, 2014
Close to home.
Co-workers were nice.
Very demanding work to put out quality results.
Pros
scientific work
Cons
no job is forever