Pottstown Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive environment
Pastoral Care Intern (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJanuary 17, 2018
Pottstown Medical was one of the places where I learn to work with many different cultures different from my own. It was a great experience.At Pottstown Medical, one had to be able to accept the differences of cultural perspectives and work with a deep appreciation of one's faith, love, and grace.
Fast paced and a thrill to work at
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAOctober 18, 2017
Staff and administration very willing to work with everyone. A true pleasure to be a part of a well established institution. Its competitive and challenging which to takes you another level of becoming more efficient in your duties.
poor managers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAOctober 4, 2017
Pottstown Memorial Medical Center offers the opportunity to work 3 12 hour shifts a week and be considered a full time employee. Benefits were average. Part time people pay a lot for benefits but working full time it is affordable and you earn vacation and sick time .Managers are NOT supportive of staff.
Pros
close to home
Cons
stressful
Registered Nurse Emergency Dept (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PASeptember 11, 2017
It can be very stressful but that is part of the job. Lengthy orientation and supportive environment. Very fast paced. Co-workers are awesome. Will work with you on scheduling
Pros
environment
Cons
no breaks
Very much profit oriented
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAAugust 25, 2017
Unit closed without much warning after sending an email saying we were all guaranteed jobs. They are very money centered instead of being patient centered. I have never worked at a hospital where the patients were not the first priority.
Pros
Free lunch and excellent health benefits
Cons
very hard to take your vacation time or any time off
good first job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Progressive Care UnitAugust 3, 2017
Outdated non functional equipment. Lack of management. No consistency. Rules change day to day and it's always profit over patients. A good stepping stone!
Fast paced working environment
Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJuly 25, 2017
Loved working here! The job always kept you on your toes. A little more organization could have made my experience even better. But overall i thoroughly enjoyed it.
Fine
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJuly 11, 2017
The pay isn't amazing and it's another hospital that still allows you to get your butt kicked with patient numbers. But otherwise the people I work with do the best with what they have and I like the atmosphere of my department overall
I planned on retiring from Pottstown Memorial Medical Center.
Certified Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJuly 4, 2017
I started in 1981 as a CNA and continued on to the Dialysis Unit. I became certified in my position and loved working there. They closed our unit in 2013 and had no jobs in the main hospital for me to bump back into. So it was very disappointing to not retire from this job. I truly miss working for PMMC.
Great experience
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJune 19, 2017
I loved working at Pmmc. It was a great learning experience, that place was my home away from home and the people were my second family. I loved the management it was plenty of support there plenty of overtime opportunity and the pay was not bad.
Cons
No cons
nice environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJune 2, 2017
I was a fun and enjoyable place to work. I was able to Learn a lot. management wasn't the greatest but i over came that. The hardest part of the job was being on then floors by myself for a max of 4-5 hours. The most enjoyable would be to get to work with different people of different cultural backgrounds on a daily basis
Pros
good benefits
Busy, diverse, learning experience
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAMay 28, 2017
This job is very rewarding as you are connected with many different types of people and requests. The day starts out very busy but does die off closer to the end of the shift. It is definitely a learning experience every single day. I enjoy that things change frequently and you can learn to roll with the changes. Everyone is very helpful. The hardest part of the job is angry callers when you don't have the answers they want. At that point, you must calm them down and refer them to someone who can help them. Once you accomplish this, it is very rewarding.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
only part time
It's a fine place to work
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAApril 29, 2017
Pottstown memeorial medical center is a great place of employment. They are great with patient care and the people there are very friendly. The employees there are very professional.
Pmmc
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAApril 20, 2017
Typical day was slow but then would get busy.
I learned more skills for my back ground in emergency medicine.
Hardest part was the long hours.
Most enjoyable were the patients
Very unorganized
ICU/CCU Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAMarch 14, 2017
Most of my peers were great to work with and had a team player mentality. However, the upper management made our job as nurses difficult. The facility was understaffed and there was a high turn around rate with nurse. They did hire some agency nurses but they were equally appalled by the lack of moral that was present throughout the hospital and unfair wages.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Understaffed
Decline to review
Technician (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PA 19464February 12, 2017
I decline to review since I am still an employee. I will say that most of the employees are good people, although, unfortunately, there are some bad apples that continue to cause issues in some departments.
Pros
reasonable pay for ancillary staff
Cons
Union is not helpful. Certain departments are not as helpful as they could be, especially to those currently employed by the hospital. Favoritism can be a problem.
Okay
Health Information Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJanuary 18, 2017
Poor management, no room for growth
Some of the people I worked with were great but the management is very unprofessional.
The department I worked in was always understaffed and very unorganized.
Not like it used to be
Mental Health Worker II (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PADecember 27, 2016
Management is poor. Pay for my position, MHW II, is good but that is the only pro. I used to enjoy working at PMMC but it has become too political. I work night shift and enjoy my coworkers.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Pottstown Hospital
Lab (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PA 19464December 7, 2016
A typical day at the hospital is very busy. The departments such as the ER and other floors were very nice. The co workers or management in the Lab is HORRIBLE they are not that nice or polite. The hardest part working for the hospital was working in the lab because the supervisors played favorites. They are the worst department I ever worked for.
Cons
bad lab managment
Pager
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PASeptember 25, 2016
I volunteered and enjoyed meeting the patients and having small conversations with the workers and the visitors. I learned a lot about confidentiality. I enjoyed sending flowers to the patients room and seeing the smile on their face. Seeing a sick a person smile and be a happy over he simplest things really make my day. Discharging patients on wheelchairs was also enjoyable. They were very cheery and excited to go back home and reunite with their loving family.
Pros
Seeing smiling faces. Helping out those who need help. Free voucher meals.
Cons
delivering specmens.