Powell Industries Employee Reviews

Very good
Structural Welder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2017
• Collaborated in various welding projects, using MIG, Flux core, and TIG welding processes in welding metal components, inspecting weld quality to remediate improper welds, and conducting final QA control of an overall job to ensure compliance with blueprints & order specifications.
Good Place
Machine Operator/Back Up Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2017
Prove yourself as a good worker and they will work you you. When I was there before the layoff I proved myself and less then a year I moved up. Good Environment.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
non
Great co workers
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  8550 Mosley Rd, Houston, TX 77075April 10, 2017
great co workers to work with. they help one another. Each day you will learn more.One hard thing about the job is trying not to get behind because all workers are all fast and good workers
Summary
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Northlake, ILMarch 26, 2017
Good pay - culture is a little loose and mainly ran by the employees who control management. A lot of low hanging fruit and major changes to many policies to make this company to be ran better. I enjoyed it but frustrated,
A pleasant working environment.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 17, 2017
My experience at Powell was interesting, and at the same time it was a good growing experience. I learned how to work with different people and different cultures because of the diversity in the company.
Great to learn
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2017
Powell was a learning experience for me. It is a good place to start at and get some knowledge but not a good place to stay. The benefits they gave were great, but the pay they offer is very low and they gave me one raise in 2 and a half years i worked there. The management does not value the work you do and they only focus on the favorite people.
benefits
Cons
No pay, No chance to move up
Co Workers
Rack Out Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2017
good and bad employees. some that was really bad and did things that was wrong. but had a lot of good ones. always work as a team. did alot of family things over all a good company to work for.
Pros
people
Cons
people
Its very good
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Houston,txFebruary 23, 2017
Its a very good company to work for they give full benefits and paid time off and sick time I enjoyed working there till the hours got cut because of low gas prices
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Very fast paced and productive job. I worked for this company almost a year. It's a great environment and it's a good start for a fresh graduate from high school to start a career.
Pros
Great Co Workers
Cons
Bad Management
no one works. every one is lazy.
Sheer Operator (Former Employee) –  Fowler, INFebruary 5, 2017
The business is good when it comes to products, but managment and employees lack any motivation, dicipline or future goals for life or business.i would start my 8-10 hour day around 6am and i would work my tail off while enduring the least minimal work atound me.
Most of the people are great to work with
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2017
The people are great everyone is friendly and helpful. Very Team oriented. The Original Owner is very involved talks to everyone and knows them by name.
Pros
Cafateria in house
Cons
Can be very stressful
Good to get started great people but low pay low raises
Material handler/Shipping/Receiving/Inventory (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 10, 2016
Work environment was fair hands on training, great co-workers very diverse company with race, age and male/female co-workers.
Most management that I have worked with is very easy to get along with. Working hours was normal M-F overtime it depends on what department you work in and what shift that got the most overtime. How hard you worked depend on workflow and department needs. The start off pay is low, raises are low, but if you are able to move up it gets better but a lot of favoritism, but working with co-workers with a positive attitude helps.
Pros
learning new things and getting experience
Cons
low pay low raises and layoffs
Learned alot from prople and will continue to learn.
Powder Coat Painter (Former Employee) –  8550 Mosley st.November 7, 2016
Loved what i did people were easy to get along with and was able to grow at this company safty was always Powell concern of people day to day work.
Pros
Lots of Overtime
Cons
Short breaks
A good company to start from
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 4, 2016
I been with this company for 7 years i started from the bottom made way up a real nice friendly company with opportunities. new changes went on also with the company dealing with oil and gas. Its gone crazy and no more opportunities.
Pros
Great benefit
Cons
Small breaks
great company to work for
Senior Process Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 1, 2016
Powell is a great company to work for. They have meet my family's needs and had great benefits. They have mainly gas and oil customers so when it is good the work is good.
Good place to work with opportunities for advancement
Mechanical Engineering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2016
Powell is a strong company on the verge of growth and improvement. This allows motivated individuals a place to have a real impact while gaining valuable experience. Normal business operations include a wide variety of functions from purchasing to manufacturing operations and Engineering, as well as Project Management.
Pros
vast opportunities and experience
Cons
typical frustrations from short-sightedness and differences of opinion
Institutionalistic oppressive atmosphere
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2016
Inasmuch as the pay and the benefits are concerned, they are competitive, but as far as working conditions, way to restrictive and oppressive.
benefits
Cons
hostile working conditions
powell was like a second family
Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 7, 2016
Powell was a wonderful company to work for. I was able to grow with the company. Powell inderstood the reason fo rme leaving the company so my wife could advance in her company and i was able to stay at home with my three boys while they where younger and raise them. Family is very important to me .But it is time for me to get out in the work force for my family, my kids are older and i have one fixing to graduate highschool.
Pros
felt like a second family
Cons
having to leave them
A typical day at work
Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2016
I have been here for 4 yrs and It is a good place to work but they are laying off people from all departments and also on a merit freeze for two years.
great company
International Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 29, 2016
Create Domestic and International Documents i.e... Bill of Landing, Packing List Commercial Invoice
Expert in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and customized database software i.e... (Oracle, Intersect)
Skilled in maintaining and updating records
Skilled in sorting, checking, counting and verifying materials
Handed over necessary documents with instructions to truck drivers
Pros
great company
Cons
there is none

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Powell Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval