Power and Composite Technologies Inc.
Job Title: Shipping Receiving Team Leader
Job Summary: The following describes in general terms the purpose and scope of the position.
Responsible for activities related to the shipment of goods to customers and suppliers as well as the receiving and disbursement of purchased items from suppliers.
Essential Functions: The following description has been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Each job function will be conducted within the quality standards described in the Quality Policy and Safety Rules. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Including but not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Leads/assists Team Members in the following activities: .
- Completes all necessary shipping documents to include but not limited to packing slips, hazardous materials, export documents, commercial invoices, certificate of origin, NAFTA.
- Receive parts for shipment from manufacturing or withdraw from finished goods or kit inventory as required.
- Check to ensure that parts may be processed for shipment as required by customer or Purchasing Department in the case of product being sent for outside processing.
- Prepare parts for shipping including part making as required. Check to ensure part mark legibility, accuracy and conformance to customer standard.
- Package parts to ship in accordance with, applicable industry, and customer standards.
- Prepare applicable shipping carton labels using appropriate system for the assigned carrier.
- Receive parts from external sources requiring receipt into the Company Information System. Where appropriate, open packages, remove product and visually inspect for damage. Report and manage any instances of damaged goods to appropriate authority.
- Process receipts of purchased goods into Corporate Information System. Disburse received goods to appropriate personnel as directed by procedure.
- Participate in monthly inventory counts and 5S activities.
- Orders packaging supplies including wooden crates
- Standardizes packaging and records packaging data in Company ERP system.
- Cooperates with operations, engineering and other departments in the shipment of procut to our customers.
- Strive to meet On Time Delivery and department and company goals
- Plan schedules freight carriers for incoming and outgoing freight.
Maintain a safe and clean work area. Insure that Team Members are trained and for safe work procedures. Plan work assignments for each Team Member. Plan for vacation/sickness coverage. Plan/schedule overtime as needed. Provide Supply Chain Manager with performance, attendance in put on Team Members.
Basic Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees in this position must be detail oriented.
Experience/Training/Education/Certification: To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess an Associate’s Degree or relate degree in business or 5 years of shipping receiving experience and at least three years of supervisory experience.
The successful candidate must also possess working knowledge of MS Office Word, Excel, and ERP systems knowledge.
Have ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences, and memos. Have ability to write simple correspondences. Have ability to present information to individuals or small groups of customers, suppliers or other employees.
Have ability to add and subtract whole numbers, common fractions and decimals, and multiply and divide in 10’s and 100’s. Have ability to perform these operations using units of, American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Also, ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. without assistance. Specific vision abilities include close vision.
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Safety glasses, safety shoes and other designated personal protective equipment as required for the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, hazardous materials, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments in accordance with business needs, and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential function of the job.