Power-One

Power-One Employer Reviews

Its a cold war enviroment...
Line Lead (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: next to freeway
Cons: empty minded, no taste, chaos, no true management
I never witnessed so much injustice towards low level employees and some higher ups.
Third World Style management abusive regime. No order or ethics, its a sad place for a positive person who just wants balance between work and life. That does not exist.
The jk's and curtises still remain. I advise wait till abb finds out their dirty ways of management – more... and filters them out...
Power One has potential it just needs real management with integrity and knowledge of what world class truly means... – less
manufacturing setting
Assembly Lead (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 7, 2013
Plenty of overtime work.
High level assembly
continuous changes on a daily basis
Not a goog place to work
Test Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 12, 2013
Very poor managment, No communacation, no stability to job, even you don't except to any perticuler answer,
not a great place to work
Inventory Analyst/ Material Handler/ Floater (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I would advise you not to apply for this company, they do not care about their employees, I have been a temp for over a year and they have been giving me the run around ever since i passed my 3 month start date, also we have management who does not understand english very well, it just amazes me how these people are in charge.
Very poor Management Poor treatment of employees
Staff employee (Former Employee), CamarilloMarch 16, 2013
Pros: free friday sodas, co-workers (worker bee types were great people)
Cons: management is unrealistic, executives are out of touch with what is really going on, my manger did not stick up for his group and was rumored to be on the take, computers software and support needed to do job is extremely poor, worker bees afraid of loosing job and hr tirades.
This company is run by managers only looking out for themselves.
and a few seemingly crazy ones too.

Serious overtime required. People needed to review work and provide information in orer to finish tasks are not available because they are also being assigned twice what they should of had to do and tools (computer softwere) to do work were poor or – more... nonexistant. But if work is not completed, the situation is ignored and blame/ finger pointing at the emmployee was constant. Clerical staff is either afraid for their job, OR "IN" so play and do a lot of personal things, instead of work.

Employees had pay issues and expenses held up because of crazy use of the computer system. And computer production problems, like inventory, held up orders and shipments because of really poor support of computer problems. I heard DBA worked on personal bills and Hb1 papers instead of working job. Others in group were not much bettter. Heavy use of offshore support but not good results for users.

Many employees were long time employees because they played the games well. They were not necessarily good at their job, or of working well with others but extremely manipulative and political so they lasted.

I asked for a confidential meeting in HR and when I arrived the HR Manager was on the phone with my manager and made sure I overheard. No professionalism or ethics. HR management is cutting jobs and just making other changes to try to look good to keep their jobs. Can't be trusted at all.

60 to 80 hour weeks are expected and no thanks for extra work done.. Computers problems are always impacting work and the group supporting the computers are very arrogant even though not knowledgeable. Co workers in my area were very nice.

But what do you expect when the President lives in FL instead of being in the office in California.

Can not recommend any trust or commitment to this company. – less

June 6, 2013

Power-one is a company that could really grow & help a lot of people with their products but their management team needs to go. They have no clue of what they are doing from one week to the next. I have never seen so many meetings with management in my life. Their meeting all day long over every little thing. They all have cell phones, e-mail but they still meet at least 3-5 times a day to discuss problems & come up with solutions. Employees walk on egg shells there due to them putting a scare in everyone that they'll be let go. You have to have a relationship with the people who are doing all the work for you. Power-one makes a great product, they have intelligent people there but management is a major problem & they need to treat people equally & quit having favorites. They also need to quit bringing on people from Jabil, the two members of management who came from there almost put that company in the ground & now their doing the same with power-one. Good luck guys, hope things work out for you. Former employee who was let go

Great product great teams but not stable.
Group Leader (Current Employee), Phoenix, AzMarch 12, 2013
The company has a high turn over in managment; the vision of the company is unclear.
Differcult place to work for
WAREHOUSE (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: long hours
Impossible to do a good job here. Contradictory instructions given.
Good work place
Test Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Camarillo, CANovember 15, 2012
Pros: salary
Cons: short term
Good work ethics and management. Great work experience and advancement with company if opening available. Company moved.

November 30, 2012

Power-One was a great place to advance in learning new skills to add to my job description. However, the company being "NEW" as that is all you ever hear, has a very long way to go. It has been up and running here in Arizona for about three years and the poor management will be the down fall of what could be a very prosperous company if they incorporated the "RIGHT" management team. Reading some of the comments, I would have to totally agree on the long hours, not caring for their employees, not giving any thought on how the "BIG PICTURE" looks. Instead, it is ran daily and therefore no one ever knows if they have a job from one day to the next. I had felt that it was all about numbers and NOT about QUALITY which is why it's in the shape it's in. Just ask any employee that is still fortunate to still have a position there. I enjoyed my work there and the co-workers were great. The training there is about NONE if that makes sense. I sincerely hope that Power-One whom ever is in charge takes a look at the overall problems that exist there. This can and should be a "BIG DEAL" for the economy here in Arizona.

Poorly managed
Worker (Former Employee), PhoenixJune 22, 2012
Pros: coworks
Cons: poor job at providing recognition
Everything is priority one and already late before even starting. No recognition of employees at any level. No work/life balance, all work due to poor execution of management.
Phoenix Location
engineer (Current Employee), PhoenixJune 18, 2012
Pros: nothing positive to say
Cons: management is not accountable for their poor performance - everyone else is
Terrible & hostile work environment. 16 hr days are common (including weekends & holidays) and it still is not enough. Phoenix Managers take no responsibility for their poor decisions instead make lower level employees their scapegoat. Management is not accountable for any of their actions. Is not an equal opportunity employer – gender discrimination – more... thrives. Verbal abuse is rampant. – less
Good company that paid well and gave me the opportunity to grow
Technical Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAMay 20, 2012
Pros: innovative, risk taker, caring, paid well
Cons: bad management no room for advancement
I learned from the best marketing person in the industry to come up with product ideas and implementation.
Start up division in Phoenix
Logistics Lead (Former Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaMay 9, 2012
Pros: co-workers
Cons: poor initial management choice
10 hour days were seen as leaving early
7 day work weeks normal
Management chasing it's tale, site Mgr blames entry level employees for issues- completely reflects poor management.
Outstanding benefits
CSR and Marketing staff like spawning salmon - fighting upstream
Most enjoyed working with counter parts in Italy/California.
Least enjoyed when site – more... Mgr morphed into reclusive grump and hired unqualified distribution type for start up MANUFACTURING position and all the issues that entails. – less
Hard and tireless worker, combined with good common sense and humor
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Santo Domingo, Dominican RepublicMarch 6, 2013
Manufacturing Supervisor, Working with Custom products, Specialist in manufacturing of electronic products and power supply devices. In charged of 4 manufacturing lines with different kind of stiles or models, self-quality assurance, production planning, scheduling programs, customer services, pay roll, human resources relations. Supervising more than – more... 200 people (directs and indirect employees) in 2 production shifts, follow up performance skills. Must assist engineering department in different improvement projects such as Scrap reduction, Increase daily output and DPM reduction – less
posto tranquillo
operaia (Former Employee), Terranuova Bracciolini, TOSAugust 4, 2014
Pros: ottimo lavoro
Cons: pochi minuti di pausa
lavoro a turni,ho imparato ad assemblare gli inverter, colleghi di lovoro ottimi