Power-One Employee Reviews

it is ok
Lead QA Inspector (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 10, 2016
Got promoted to lead and a month later layed off. Exit interview was good,package included information on finding na new job.
Productive and fun place
Test Engineering Technician Lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85034April 22, 2016
Power-one is a good company to work for. I have learned a lot about power electronics over the years.
My typical work day is troubleshooting failed inverters.
Management staff are fair minded professionals. The hardest part of the job is making sure we satisfy our customers by on time delivery of quality products.
Lost all business and sent overseas
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2014
Terrible Sr. management. Not involved in day to day issues. Allow local Mgrs to deflate employees to point of resignation.
Unaware of company needs for successful production output.
Salary employees expected to work any hours any time to get the work complete with no compensation or acknowledgement.
Third world working mentality of management.
Products do not work. Every unit is reworked, sometimes before leaving, sometimes after.
Pros
Managers no longer employed by company
Cons
Working conditions allowed to deteriorate until moral hit bottom
Start up division in Phoenix
Logistics Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaMay 9, 2012
10 hour days were seen as leaving early
7 day work weeks normal
Management chasing it's tale, site Mgr blames entry level employees for issues- completely reflects poor management.
Outstanding benefits
CSR and Marketing staff like spawning salmon - fighting upstream
Most enjoyed working with counter parts in Italy/California.
Least enjoyed when site Mgr morphed into reclusive grump and hired unqualified distribution type for start up MANUFACTURING position and all the issues that entails.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
poor initial management choice
Good work place
Test Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CANovember 15, 2012
Good work ethics and management. Great work experience and advancement with company if opening available. Company moved.
Pros
salary
Cons
short term
power-one
Solder tech duties was Touch-Up and Reworks (Former Employee) –  3201 E Harbour Dr, phoenix, AzSeptember 29, 2015
typical day at work was remove the extra solder from main circuit boards,management insufficient, co-workers ok, hardest pars was considered this company always make Lay-off and very unpredictable changes on the work floor. The enjoyable part my work position.
Pros
celebrates holydays
Cons
ok
Good company that paid well and gave me the opportunity to grow
Technical Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAMay 20, 2012
I learned from the best marketing person in the industry to come up with product ideas and implementation.
Pros
innovative, risk taker, caring, paid well
Cons
bad management no room for advancement
Poorly managed
Worker (Former Employee) –  PhoenixJune 22, 2012
Everything is priority one and already late before even starting. No recognition of employees at any level. No work/life balance, all work due to poor execution of management.
Pros
coworks
Cons
poor job at providing recognition
Its a cold war enviroment...
Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 20, 2014
I never witnessed so much injustice towards low level employees and some higher ups.
Third World Style management abusive regime. No order or ethics, its a sad place for a positive person who just wants balance between work and life. That does not exist.
The jk's and curtises still remain. I advise wait till abb finds out their dirty ways of management and filters them out...
Power One has potential it just needs real management with integrity and knowledge of what world class truly means...
Pros
next to freeway
Cons
empty minded, no taste, chaos, no true management
Differcult place to work for
WAREHOUSE (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2013
Impossible to do a good job here. Contradictory instructions given.
Pros
excellent benefits
Phoenix Location
engineer (Current Employee) –  PhoenixJune 18, 2012
Terrible & hostile work environment. 16 hr days are common (including weekends & holidays) and it still is not enough. Phoenix Managers take no responsibility for their poor decisions instead make lower level employees their scapegoat. Management is not accountable for any of their actions. Is not an equal opportunity employer – gender discrimination thrives. Verbal abuse is rampant.
Pros
nothing positive to say
Cons
management is not accountable for their poor performance - everyone else is
not a great place to work
Inventory Analyst/ Material Handler/ Floater (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 3, 2013
I would advise you not to apply for this company, they do not care about their employees, I have been a temp for over a year and they have been giving me the run around ever since i passed my 3 month start date, also we have management who does not understand english very well, it just amazes me how these people are in charge.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great place to work during my 32 years of service.
Manufacturing/Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJanuary 25, 2014
I had the opportunity to learn and function in multiple roles during career there as Production Manager, Supplier Quality Engineer, Buyer/Planner and Facilities Supervisor. I really enjoyed working in each role. Most of the time there I held two positions/titles. There wasn't really anything difficult as I enjoyed working hard and getting the job(s) done.
can't get out of here fast enough
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  PhoenixJanuary 6, 2015
The one or two good managers we had are all gone. We invest 50% of the cost into reworking products and thus profit is out the window. Equipment and machines constantly breaking down and people get hurt a lot. Cannot openly disagree with management.
Pros
pay is decent
Cons
Overworked
changes due to competition
MANUFACTURING OPERATIONS MANAGER/ACTING DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 8, 2015
Power-one was a good company and has been acquired by ABB. very tight competition in the AC/DC power suppliers and systems area. Could have made some strategic decision while expanding the scope of the business model.
Pros
good team work
Cons
Too rapid changes
Very poor Management Poor treatment of employees
Staff employee (Former Employee) –  CamarilloMarch 16, 2013
This company is run by managers only looking out for themselves.
and a few seemingly crazy ones too.

Serious overtime required. People needed to review work and provide information in orer to finish tasks are not available because they are also being assigned twice what they should of had to do and tools (computer softwere) to do work were poor or nonexistant. But if work is not completed, the situation is ignored and blame/ finger pointing at the emmployee was constant. Clerical staff is either afraid for their job, OR "IN" so play and do a lot of personal things, instead of work.

Employees had pay issues and expenses held up because of crazy use of the computer system. And computer production problems, like inventory, held up orders and shipments because of really poor support of computer problems. I heard DBA worked on personal bills and Hb1 papers instead of working job. Others in group were not much bettter. Heavy use of offshore support but not good results for users.

Many employees were long time employees because they played the games well. They were not necessarily good at their job, or of working well with others but extremely manipulative and political so they lasted.

I asked for a confidential meeting in HR and when I arrived the HR Manager was on the phone with my manager and made sure I overheard. No professionalism or ethics. HR management is cutting jobs and just making other changes to try to look good to keep their jobs. Can't be trusted at all.

60 to 80 hour weeks are expected and no thanks for extra work done.. Computers problems are always impacting
  more... work and the group supporting the computers are very arrogant even though not knowledgeable. Co workers in my area were very nice.

But what do you expect when the President lives in FL instead of being in the office in California.

Can not recommend any trust or commitment to this company.
Pros
free friday sodas, co-workers (worker bee types were great people)
Cons
management is unrealistic, executives are out of touch with what is really going on, my manger did not stick up for his group and was rumored to be on the take, computers software and support needed to do job is extremely poor, worker bees afraid of loosing job and hr tirades.
Great product great teams but not stable.
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AzMarch 12, 2013
The company has a high turn over in managment; the vision of the company is unclear.
Not a goog place to work
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 12, 2013
Very poor managment, No communacation, no stability to job, even you don't except to any perticuler answer,
manufacturing setting
Assembly Lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 7, 2013
Plenty of overtime work.
High level assembly
continuous changes on a daily basis