Power Design, Inc. Employee Reviews

Starting from nothing and seeing the finished product always feels good
Electrician Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2017
Building something from scratch and driving by it years later always made me feel proud. Overcoming the challenges of new products and devices,& having to figure out the safest and smartest way to complete your challenge is another thing that I love about being an the electrical & maintenance trade.
Pros
Working with different co workers from job to job & seeing the finished product.
Cons
2008 economy put EVERYTHING to a complete stop
Buena
AYUDANTE DE ELECTRICISTA (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLFebruary 26, 2017
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Mejore mis habilidades como ayudante de electricista
Buena gerencia
Excelentes compaƱeros
InstalaciĆ³n de tableros
Los aprendido en el trabajo
Pay good but don't stand behind there word to much
ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2017
The company pays well but give you empty promises. Lead Feild Supervisor will not always stand behind you when your right.
I learned to make sure you always get a promises in writing from big companies stateside at least
Pros
good pay
Cons
empty promises, Feild Personal
Great Company with Great work environment
Electrical Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2017
PDI is a great company to work for , they have excellent staff support to the field and an amazing Office campus. The vetting process is the best i have seen in the business. The employees have great compensation and are rewarded and praised for their hard work.
Productivity Excellent
Foreman and Electrician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 4, 2017
I have a very good experience with Power Design , the management was very good , but some how some of its staff wasn't nice .But is a was good company that any good Electrician can work with, and I willing to work for them again of they 'll hire me back.
Pros
N/a
Beware of the backstabbing
Systems (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 4, 2017
I came into this company with high hopes. My department was going through some changes and promises were said but never came through. I was disappointed in the fact that instead of hiring from within from good people they keep going out to hire people that are not qualified for the job ,but instead can sell snow to an Eskimo. The people you guys are hiring in Systems can't do their job. The managers are joke that just are full of themselves and can't actually do the work. They will tell you anything you want to hear to get you out of their office then the backstabbing occurs and you get bypassed for a job you're qualified for and they put a moron in who you will have to train. Be aware!!! The only way to advance is to 1.) Be a cute gal 2.) Be part of the "inner" cirlce. They make advancing positions so difficult that they use that as the reason for hiring outside.
Pros
I have never been denied tools I need to do my job
Cons
Office politics, the benefits sucks, no vision, no dental, no advancement opportunities
Not what I expected.
CAD Designer (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 11, 2016
A lot of hype, but it's only good for those that kneel to the management. It's a place where the management spends money on events that management enjoys, but it doesn't pay my bills.
Scope of work
Project Manager / Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2016
I was asked to provide training or foremen, superintendents and project managers to managing and job tracking in compliance with corporate's initiatives.
Pros
The pay was good
Cons
24/7 work schedule
GREAT company to work for!!
Coordination (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLOctober 3, 2016
Great company to work for and grow with! Power Design provides growth opportunity, training and mentoring. Family oriented atmosphere. Love coming to work every day! The gym and company events are added bonuses!
Stellar Company Culture and Growth.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLOctober 3, 2016
I've been with the company for over 6 months and just like an organization they have things they are working on to improve. But, when you factor in the growth in adding 500+ employees this year and figuring to be the same next year it's hard not to get excited about working here.

The above and beyond the company goes to give back to the employees with themed events, fitness events, coffee carts, blood drives, and giveaways on a weekly basis you start to find the ability to love what you do for work again.

How many places can you really say that about???
Innovative, fun working company!
Adminstrator (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLSeptember 29, 2016
Great company who cares for their employees. I've been here less than a year, but I only have good things to say! As a new employee, I was offered a great amount of training and unlimited amount of resources for me to succeed in my role. The fun-filled events put on throughout the year shows me they are interested in employee morale. Great benefits and friendly coworkers.
Pros
Resources, onsite gym, fun employee events, endless training opportunities
Cons
Lack of flexibility in schedule
Best Company Around!
Opperations Support (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLSeptember 29, 2016
Power Design has been an incredible blessing to be apart of for the past 2 years. Professionally I have grown in my career, received hundreds of hours of training, experienced success and developed life long relationships. The culture at PDI is second to none and the support from the leadership is world class. I intend on spending the duration of my career with PDI and whole heartedly believe in the core values of Power Design. I tell people all the time that if another company approached me and offered $25k more per year, I wouldn't even entertain the idea of making a move because of how much I believe in PDI and LOVE where I work. The company has supported me on both a professional and personal level and I am proud to say that I am apart of the PDI family!
Pros
Training, work life balance, culture, atmosphere, free lunches, travel, colleagues, company events and outings
Cons
commute
Very high turnover rate
Journeyman Electrician/Foreman (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 7, 2016
I came on as an foreman/journeyman electrician. They will work the heck out of you non-stop, suck the life out of you if you let them. Promise you that you'll go to Florida to become a deck foreman but it never happened once you get on the job, just beware of the people because most of them in upper management are 2 faced and don't come on unless you go to Florida first! Don't be fooled by $30-$32 an hour because you're gonna work a lot harder than you think!
Potential to be a great job
Fire Alarm Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 8, 2016
Company has way too many logistics problems. Headquarters is based in Florida and management is two hours ahead which poses a real problem.
excellent experience
Electricista (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 26, 2016
Daily:
work planning
necessary material and tools early in the morning
developmnet work
cleaning the area

Excellent relationship with co-workers and supervisor
Weird
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJuly 22, 2016
Power Design was just a really weird experience. From the pop music playing overhead to the people to the strange "plays" the owner has you putting on for him it's all just incredibly weird. They also are more proud of their building than the work that is done. They are constantly giving tours of the building. It's a nice building and all but it's not a museum or a contemporary architectural marvel.
Pros
None that you can't get at any other company
Cons
Pay, weird culture, co-workers
Company is ok overall. IT Department is a mess
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJune 28, 2016
IT department lacked direction and organization. There are constant issues that cause outages and customer frustration which could be fixed by management easily but are not.
Pros
Good company facility
Cons
Inexperienced IT Management
team of racial profilers
Foreman Electrician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 6, 2016
Power design management, San Antonio is full of smile in your face, back stabbing, racial profiling individuals trying to make a name for themselves and putting down all of there employees. Never had such a bad experience in my 18 years of electrical service. These guys will hire anyone and call them a superintendent just to make there contractor happy. I was employed for 6 months and all i seen was fighting among VP, supers, contractors, and alot of hiring and firing of employees. one Super said his job description was to order material and make sure his coffee stayed warm, meanwhile it was the foreman's duty to figure everything else out for themselves, im just disgusted how such a great company is being railroaded by these individuals in san antonio and the owner is allow this to happen.
Work environment
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2016
Power Design is a very good company as far as pay and educational opportunity. The biggest turn off for me is the hiring of non U.S. citizen. Whom most of which we (other P.D.I. employees) couldn't even talk to as a result of them not being able to speak English. It just isn't the type of environment I am unwilling to accept.
Great Place to work if you fit the click
Executive Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLApril 1, 2016
Unstable and high turnover, will get rid of someone in a heartbeat to bring in a family member or friend. ruthless business tactics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Power Design, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval