Power Equipment Maintenance

Power Equipment Maintenance Employer Reviews

Safe and Accurate Work
Rotating Equipment Technician (Current Employee), North and South CarolinaApril 11, 2014
The nuclear industry fosters a safe work culture that demands work preformed to be done correctly, the first time. Attention to detail, situational awareness, and clear communication are key focuses of our work practices.
Great job
forklift operator/tool organizer (Former Employee), SCFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: long hours
clock in and get all your protective gear that you will need for the task you are doing for that day.
Kenny Mcguffin, Foreman (Former Employee), Anderson, SCJanuary 29, 2014
Great company to work for they kept me busy with work and understood when I was busy and would keep me a place open if i needed a little extra time to get there.
Productive moderate pace safety cultured environment.
Combustible Loading Continuous Fire Watch (Former Employee), Hartsville, SCDecember 23, 2013
A typical day as an employee involved me serving as a compensatory measure and added defense/in/depth for early detection and reporting signs of fire; visually monitors and inspects assigned area for required duration of watch. Routinely monitors designated fire zones within auxiliary buildings, hagan and battery room. Inspections for condition which – more... constitutes a fire hazard and for occurrence of any fire; moreover makes distinctive judgment on nature of a fire. I also had to ensures communication is available and knowledgeable of proper contact personnel in the event of a fire of emergency. I learned the aware of the different types of fires that I may encounter to the proper procedures on how to put an fire out.. My co-worker were loving people that treated each other like a family. The hardest part of the job was staying awake. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting released to go on break. – less
Good Place to Gain experience
Wind Service Technician (Former Employee), Alta WindNovember 27, 2013
Good place to gain experience in the field. Work is not stable at all though and management is sub-par. Pay is good when you are working though.
Good pay bad benefits
Traveling Technician (Former Employee), TravelingAugust 19, 2013
Pros: good pay and upward mobility.
Cons: no paid vacation or r&r
Gained alot of experience here but works inconsistent. Enjoyed it while it lasted.
Fun place to work
Recruiter (Former Employee), Piedmont, SCAugust 19, 2013
Pros: free ice cream, quarterly; free lunches and dinners at different times; team building exercises
Cons: unequal pay for equal amount of work.
Morning meeting every morning at 8:30am. After meeting, start making phone calls, getting jobs staffed. Helped other recruiters to staff. Management pretty much left us alone after morning meetings unless there was an issue. The hardest part of the job was staffing last minute positions. The most enjoyable part was meeting all the fantastic people through – more... the years that I consider friends. – less
Great mid sized company to work for.
Vice President-Wind Power Division (Former Employee), Minnesota, Iowa, Texas and Toronto, CanadaJune 20, 2013
Worked remote from home & regional offices. PEM was willing to grow and corporate BHI wasn't as willing. Their mentality was more of a large company value based.
excellent for self-motivated individuals
Manager of Health and Safety (Current Employee), TexasJune 19, 2013
The business model exists in a de-centralized structure so, there are many times we must make on-the-spot decisions for our company with little or no guidance. An excellent place to gain lots of experience quickly.
Great Experience
Fitter/Mechanic (Current Employee), Southport, NCDecember 17, 2012
Perform Maitenance on power plants so they can operate properly.
great place. lots to learn....
M&TE Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Piedmont, SCMarch 18, 2012
Pros: friendly people
Id do it full time if was possible. Progress energy is a great company