Power Home Remodeling Group

Power Home Remodeling Group Employer Reviews

Amazing Culture Unlike Anything I Have Ever Seen!!
Remodeling Consultant (Current Employee), Greenbelt, MDFebruary 26, 2015
Your potential is unlimited at Power. This is not your normal sales atmosphere. Sales to some is a dog eat dog world, but not here. From day one they welcome you in with open arms and are willing to drop everything at a moments notice to help out. Your earning potential is directly correlated with how hard you work and the effort you put in. I can think of no other place I would rather work than Power, this job has truly changed my life! You must be ready to work hard and give maximum effort, if not, this job is not for you. The hours take a little getting used to, but once you do, (and you will) you will find yourself free to do things that a normal 9-5 just doesn't allow.
Different but good and fun work environment.
Remodeling Consultant (Former Employee), Melville, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free time, 250k+ earning potential, extensive training
Cons: salary = 100% commission, high pressure sales, no travel expense reimbursement
A typical day at work meant I was on call ten hours each day to run appointments at homeowners residences. Typically, I would run one appointment per day to attempt to sell either windows or roofing or both. Power provided in-depth training on sales tactics as well as all Power Home Remodeling Group products including windows, roofing and siding. I found the management at Power Home Remodeling Group to be top notch. My co-workers were quite helpful as far as helping to advance my skills. The hardest part was being on call so many hours during the day. Sometimes never to get an appointment and sometimes getting two or three in one day. When not running appointments there is plenty of free time to master your craft and further educate yourself on Power products. As far as sales companies go I would imagine that this is one of the better ones to work for but I am probably a little biased since I can't compare it to another one.
A dynamic company who is changing the landscape of an industry and transforming lives of it's employees and customers
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee), Greenbelt, MDFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: culture, company growth, upward mobility, compensation, company vacations, benefits, challenge
Cons: fast paced
PROS:
Power Home Remodeling Group is an amazing company to work for. While the company has steadily climbed to the top of the list in the home remodeling industry, the company is a leadership development company first who operates within the remodeling industry. The dedication to personal growth is demonstrated by the two leadership conferences hosted every year. Company vacations, socials, promotions and awards are additional perks for individuals who hold themselves to a higher standard.

I served in the Marine Corps and was able to transition my unique skill sets and find a new home with the company. Power HRG is a proud supporter of veteran initiatives to hire and promote the livelihood of veterans and transitioning military. The culture resembles the family feel and brotherhood shared in the Military.

Power really affords everyone the same opportunities. The environment allows for driven individuals to thrive and accomplish all their dreams. At a time when the company is growing exponentially, such growth demands quality individuals and presents new positions and opportunities to lead. The kind of people who are excited by challenge and have an entrepreneurial spirit will do well with this company.

CONS:
The biggest challenge to working at Power Home Remodeling Group is having a continuous willingness to evolve and adapt to the market demands. The fast paced company demands a certain caliber of individual who is never satisfied with punching the clock. While this is certainly a positive, this may be difficult for certain individuals to adapt to.
Success is a roll of the dice
Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Rosemont, ILFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: promotions and company advancement
Cons: poor management
You can be great here and make well into 6 figures or if you're stuck on the wrong management team or the cops get called on you (they don't get permits for soliciting) then you could make next to nothing and be fired. It truly is a roll of the dice as far as success goes. Coworkers can also seem somewhat high school like the south side Chicago guys are all a piece of work.
Fun company with a lot to offer
Marketing Manager and Operations Trainer (Former Employee), Stratford, CTFebruary 3, 2015
Scouted out new potential clients, figured out where they needed the most assistance within their home. My job was to lower resistance and see what needs people in the general public had with regards to their homes.

I assisted in generating leads within a 3 month period that generated over $250,000 in sales.
Good for high school
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Brookhaven, PaFebruary 2, 2015
I worked here for a short while in high school. The hours were very flexible and the pay was base and commission. The pay wasn't the best, if commission was low.
A future focused company pushing the boundaries of an industry
Director of Digital Communications (Current Employee), Chester, PAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: professional growth, opportunity to secure financial future, work environment
Cons: nothing worthwhile is easy and a career at power isn't either. it takes discipline, focus and a desire to improve.
In general, people want to work at a place where they believe they can fulfill their potential. Power is such a place, if you recognize the opportunity and reach for it. Here's why:

Strong Leadership: annual revenue has grown astronomically in the past 10 years and that's to be attributed towards a forward thinking leadership group that isn't afraid to take calculated risks.

Development and Growth: The growth of the business was made possible by strong strategy and an exceptional infusion of talent. Power has placed an emphasis on building strong infrastructure around this talent base, putting them in optimal positions for success.

Technological Sophistication: I can say without exaggeration that Power is redefining what's possible in the residential home remodeling industry and the investment made into our technology platforms and infrastructure is one of the biggest reasons why. New proprietary technologies created by Power's Business Technology team have allowed us to operate with an efficiency and accuracy not previously possible.

Strong Culture: Perhaps the most enjoyable part of working here is the personal relationships you'll no doubt build. Power looks for and hires people of a certain character and quality - the chance to meet and surround yourself with individuals of that caliber makes you better by osmosis, in my opinion.

As far as whether or not it's fun to work here...check out the photos section - they speak for themselves.
Not Steady
Inbound/Outbound Scheduler (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 21, 2015
Being a scheduler here is not a steady job at all was not the right fit for me.
Great Work Environment
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Chester PAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: people, culture, office atmosphere
Power Home Remodeling Group is an outstanding company to work for. I have only been working at Power for 6 months but management has given me the proper training and tools necessary to find instant success. I have had no sales experience prior to working for Power, but I am surround by great people everyday with a good support system that genuinely cares about my success. This creates an atmosphere that is both fun and competitive to work in where everyone is pushing to be better. It is this attitude and culture that I enjoy most. The hard work does not go unnoticed either. Power constantly rewards you on top of your salary, commission, and bonuses with monthly perks which is a nice way for additional income or a nice present for yourself or loved one. The positive energy and attitude makes work enjoyable and is one of the many reasons that Power is a great place to start a career.
Great culture and support in a team atmosphere
Outbound Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: autonomy
Cons: limited/specific upward mobility
Weekdays:
Report to my boss in the morning for daily meeting
Sometimes weekly managers meetings
Strategize and plan a route for myself and up to 5 other member
Drive company car out to prospective area and neighborhoods to speak with residents to promote products

Weekends:
Commute to office and ensure preparation for upcoming events
Promptly arrive at event location for setup
Captivate people's attention and promote our products/services
Tough job in a great work environment
Field Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Waltham, MAJanuary 2, 2015
Good office culture in a fun work environment. The marketing job itself is just door-to-door and retail lead generation. The sales position is an attempt to sell those leads while the homeowner is under the presumption that you are there only to take measurements for a free estimate. Hence, lots of rejection in both positions. Good experience, fun company. Aside from supervisor roles there is not really a lot of room for advancement. They pay better than any other lead generation position ever would. Overall a good place to work if you can deal with the rejection that is cultivated by the marketing process.
Door to door
Outbound Marketing (Former Employee), Chester, PaDecember 17, 2014
Traveling door to door selling products and generating leads.
Marketing
Marketing (Current Employee), Stratford, CTDecember 8, 2014
Great training, will open your eyes to bigger and better things in life!
do not apply there
Marketing (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: dangerous, pay is a trick job is a scam
They tell you that you are a manager in training but your not all they do is drop you off in dangerous areas and most you are not to legally be in and want you to knock on doors to scam people into setting appointments for there roof and windows to be remodeled. There sales guys go in and annoy and sit in there house until they make some type of deal. Most people see you coming and lock there doors because you go to the same areas all the time. I even had a gun put in my face as well as multiple tickets that the company pays for but it still on my record. they give 500 dollars a week but you get paid by weekly if you add up the hours you actually work you are only making 10 dollars a hour
very shady company to work for
Business Development Representative (Former Employee), Chester, PANovember 17, 2014
Pros: great holiday parties
Cons: employees are treated somewhat like children.
Extremely disorganized. Nepotism runs rampant throughout the company. Shady work practices in order to gain clients and to lure employees.
dangerious
Marketing (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: money was ok
Cons: dangerious
didn't like it had a great employee staff but it was dangerious because you go out to strange neighbour hoods and you are left with out a ride until ur manager pics you up and you are knocking on strange doors
Fun culture but very time demanding
Home Remodeling Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Waltham, MAOctober 21, 2014
Power Home Remodeling attracts great people to work there and has a management staff that focuses on a strong training program. The problem is there is no financial security with a base pay or car allowance and we drive EVERYWHERE. Much of the resources used to travel and get sales is dependent on the sales representative. This is commission only. What attracted me to the job is not having to prospect leads and being on call to travel to an appointment for a one-call close. The problem is the prospects are not always qualified as well as they could be and management does not instill proper expectations on the type on income you will make there. This job requires far more work/resources from the employee with very little reward. Would not recommend this position to someone unless they had financial security elsewhere and were prepared for a long and vigorous learning curve.
Sleazy Salesman Culture
Advanced Marketing / Confirmation Specialist (Former Employee), Chester, PAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: kind hearted co-workers (non-management)
Cons: lies and deception
This company brings you on board promising you advancement potential, high wages, and job security. You soon find out revenue is everything. They dangle carrots in front of you and never give you so much as a bite.

I will say this about the company. Its a great blue print for anyone looking to get high productivity out of good people, while paying them just enough so they don't loose their home.
Good pay, bad hours
Remodeling Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Iselin, NJOctober 8, 2014
Pros: money, training, job culture
Cons: hours, no base
Great company to work for if you don't feel like having a life. start your day around 9am and get home around 11PM. You also have to work every Saturday. Good products, good training and great company culture. 100% commission. Great money if you're selling.
Great Job if you are an aggressive salesman
Remodeling Consultant (Current Employee), Greenbelt, MDSeptember 22, 2014
The people you work with/for are great. They provide you with basic training and then further training through out your career. As far as work-life balance goes, its basically nonexistent. Say goodbye to your evenings and a fair bit of your weekends. Compensation is good if you make a lot of sales, but they require high levels of car insurance and make you drive on average 60miles a day with out any sort of compensation for gas/service. Tough job, but if you are successful you are awarded well for it.

1 2 3 4 5

About Power Home Remodeling Group

Throughout our 22-year history, it’s never just been about selling great products. It’s been about delivering on – Read more

Power Home Remodeling Group Photos