Power Home Remodeling Group

Power Home Remodeling Group Employee Reviews

sucks
MARKETING REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJanuary 6, 2016
we had a daily morning meeting , after the meeting we would go to a specific location picked out by a manger and then we would go door to door! The hardest part about this job is trying to get people to come out and talk to you. The management was ok the training was the best part of the job , its too stressful of a job for what they pay. No one really has time to talk about siding windows and roofing when you go knocking on doors! My advice if you like getting rejected then this job is for you!
Pros
the coworkers, base pay is 1000 every two weeks
Cons
the work environment, Depressing, too much has to go right for you to get commission
Great Company and Atmosphere with "Work Hard/ Play Hard" mentality required
Remodeling Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILDecember 7, 2015
A Great place for a young person to work. The training is top notch and is continual throughout your career. It was a great experience but I am also glad I don't work there anymore because this job was my life for the year I worked for them. If you work as a Remodeling Consultant (sales) you work off of straight commission which can be stressful, but the way they pay out is extremely quick and fair.
Pros
good money, great training, great atmosphere, x-mas party in cancun
Cons
terrible hours/ no work life balance at all
installing windows
Laborer Self Contractor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 19, 2015
a typical day at my job can range from 8-13 hours depending on the job and where we are working
but im in a new home everyday
and i also work with friends on the crew i work with
Pros
i get paid more then most
Cons
i have to file a 10-99 instead of a 10-40
Great culture, nice office and holiday vacation
Confirmation Agent (Current Employee) –  Chester, PANovember 17, 2015
I have been working for Power for over a year now and have had a great experience. I was promoted within my first year with the company and now in a new position. The company has been growing bigger over the years and will continue to do so, hard work will only help to achieve growing with the company. My co workers and managers make it enjoyable to show up to the office every day. We have a very nice working office and space. The company will host many events through out the year such as free picnics, open bars and vacations.
Pros
Free paid trip to Mexico. Multiple open bar events through out the year. Start of the art technology
Cons
Working weekends
PHRG
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 17, 2015
Great training of staff for the job at hand however no growth opportunity. Essentially a dead end sales job. Management and staff were friendly and positive
Supportive atmosphere, long hours
Remodeling Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2015
Great sales job but no work life balance. Great leadership and pay. Office culture is great and benefits are top notch. One call closing and 100% commission.
Great Place to Work
copywriter (Current Employee) –  Chester, PANovember 8, 2015
Management is very approachable and has an open door policy that allows you to really get to know them. The culture is unlike any organization I've ever been a part of...they do everything they can to make sure their employees are happy and their hard work is acknowledged. The people I work with are truly good people who want to help you succeed.
N/a
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILNovember 5, 2015
Sales for home remodeling. Visiting potential customers with a sales pitch. Monday-Saturday. Pretty good company that takes care of their employees.
great work place
Senior Regional Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 7, 2015
good company, great culture

there is a very positive work life balance

good compensation

good vacation time

room for growth is there
Great Company
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 30, 2015
Loved the culture, management was supportive and motivating, compensation was great, one of the best companies to sell for. Treated the customers and employees like their greatest assets. Only downside was the position was 100% commission and the hours required us to work in the evening and on weekends.
Pros
Cons
Hours
Fun exciting place for new entrants to the career field.
Field Marketer (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTAugust 20, 2015
Field Marketers do door to door appointment scheduling. I learned people skills. Management was always in high spirits. Co-workers were always supportive. The door to door rejection was the hardest part of daily life. a successful day was the most rewarding.
Good Working Enviornment
Inbound Scheduling Agent (Current Employee) –  Chester, PAAugust 4, 2015
Friendly working environment with many company activities. Not much room for opportunity to advance and grow career. Sales related position with competitive pay.
The last job you will ever apply for
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2015
If you want to stop bouncing from place to place always being excited when you first start a job then quickly losing interest in it as you find that management stinks or your coworkers stink or the job responsibilities stink and aren't anywhere near what you thought you'd be doing, then come work with us at Power. Seriously. Stop putting your future on hold and get in here. Forbes magazine ranked us the #1 place to work for in the Millenial age group (born early 80's to early 00's). Now I'm a bit older than that and I can tell you that it's just as great a place to work for those of us before the millenial generation. We beat out all the big companies that everyone claims are great to work for: Apple, Google, Facebook, Yahoo, Microsoft, etc. Yes, a remodeling company headquartered just outside of Philadelphia PA straight up owned all those other companies. We invest in people, we develop leadership, we reward dedication and determination. We work hard and we certainly play hard. The opportunities for advanceent in the company are completely dependent on what you want to do and where you want to go. You have the ability to create your own professional path and you will be coached and trained along every step of the way.
Pros
Amazing opportunities, coworkers become friends, incredibly rewarding
Cons
YOU don't work here yet!
Amazing culture
Remodeling Consultant and Marketer (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 23, 2015
Great company with room for growth and excellent training. Voted #1 place for Millenials to work by Fortune Magazine 2015.
Fun culture and robust pay structure
RETAIL MARKETING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 21, 2015
This is a great job for young marketing and sales professionals who are still learning where they fit in the business landscape. The marketing department is a three to eight month program designed to get you ready for a sales position by teaching you sales techniques through training and field work. There is a competitive atmosphere in the office that drives professional development in those employees who choose to put forth the effort to build their skills. By meeting sales goals and demonstrating aptitudes for coaching others there is a management structure that is very beneficial for young professionals to strive for. The management position puts you in charge of a team of marketers and responsible for their training and professional growth. The office is relatively young which has implications: management is not always professional, leadership lacks at times and organization is frequently nonexistent. This does allow for a lot of growth with the departments infrastructure which will likely open up more coveted positions for the organization in the future. Lastly, there is a reason it is designed to be only a three to eight month program and that is mostly due to the level of rejection you deal with on a day to day basis which can often burn employees out, particularly if you don't perform well for a long period of time.
Pros
full benefits, new office, fun culture, fun people
Cons
Young, unprofessional, extensive rejection, long hours
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Chester, PAJuly 19, 2015
I've been with the company for 3 years, and within that span of time I've learned alot mostly because I was given the opportunity to do different things and see different parts of the business. I've processed customer payments, have handled the billing and payment of installer projects, and have processed vendor bills among many other things. Management is very good at rotating these responsibilities around so that everyone has the same opportunity to learn. Our team is young, fun, hard-working, and focused. My coworkers are the reason I enjoy my job as much as I do - we work hard, we laugh and have fun, and we make it a point to help one another as needed. Outside of my department, everyone I work with in Ops and the Install and Sales offices are just as friendly and accomodating! You would think it'd be hard for so many different personalities to mesh so well, but somehow we all do. I guess that's what happens when you work at a place where everyone is generally happy.
Pros
A young energetic hard-working but fun environment to be in, Management is good at making you feel like part of a team and like they are one of you not above you, The environment is ideal for learning and growing because the company continues to grow so quickly
Cons
A major emphasis on rewarding the sales & marketing teams more than other departments, would be nice if all departments had equal opportunities to get the same rewards
Fun workplace
Entry-Level Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJune 23, 2015
Very good workplace, and the culture is pretty awesome. A lot of the members help out and aren't afraid to talk and give out any tips to better yourself.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Fun work place, good money
Marketer (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJJune 23, 2015
No complaints. The best job experience I've had so far, helped me grow. Power taught me how to never give up. I am now able to close a lot faster.
Pros
Money
Cons
Life Balance
Amazing place and job but horrible scheduling
Home Remodeling Sales and Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2015
The Melville office for PHRG is a great place to work with many tools and people available. People are always willing to help you out. Upper management makes time to hear out everyone, from senior sales reps to newly hired employees in training. Unfortunately, it is hard to create a routine and balance this job with other responsibilities due to the on-call nature of the job. Definitely recommend this organization for anyone with flexible schedules.
Pros
money, help, culture, environment
Cons
schedule
Amazing culture with high earning potential
Remodeling Consultant (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MichiganJune 22, 2015
Learn new material to help with in-home sales, constantly pushing yourself to be better than you were the day before and learn leadership qualities. Management is very in tune with the great parts of the job as well as the tough parts and are always willing to help in every way possible. Very tight knit group of people to work with and also hang out with outside of work. The most difficult portion of the job is dealing with the ups and downs of any sales role and making the schedule work in your favor. The most enjoyable part of the job is the culture, the family atmosphere, being able to believe in the products and people that work within the walls of Power, and the earning potential.
Pros
Fun work atmosphere and earning potential
Cons
A lot of driving