Power Home Remodeling Group

Power Home Remodeling Group Employee Reviews

Fun exciting place for new entrants to the career field.
Field Marketer (Former Employee), Stratford, CTAugust 20, 2015
Field Marketers do door to door appointment scheduling. I learned people skills. Management was always in high spirits. Co-workers were always supportive. The door to door rejection was the hardest part of daily life. a successful day was the most rewarding.
Good Working Enviornment
Inbound Scheduling Agent (Current Employee), Chester, PAAugust 4, 2015
Friendly working environment with many company activities. Not much room for opportunity to advance and grow career. Sales related position with competitive pay.
The last job you will ever apply for
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Amazing opportunities, coworkers become friends, incredibly rewarding
Cons: YOU don't work here yet!
If you want to stop bouncing from place to place always being excited when you first start a job then quickly losing interest in it as you find that management stinks or your coworkers stink or the job responsibilities stink and aren't anywhere near what you thought you'd be doing, then come work with us at Power. Seriously. Stop putting your future on hold and get in here. Forbes magazine ranked us the #1 place to work for in the Millenial age group (born early 80's to early 00's). Now I'm a bit older than that and I can tell you that it's just as great a place to work for those of us before the millenial generation. We beat out all the big companies that everyone claims are great to work for: Apple, Google, Facebook, Yahoo, Microsoft, etc. Yes, a remodeling company headquartered just outside of Philadelphia PA straight up owned all those other companies. We invest in people, we develop leadership, we reward dedication and determination. We work hard and we certainly play hard. The opportunities for advanceent in the company are completely dependent on what you want to do and where you want to go. You have the ability to create your own professional path and you will be coached and trained along every step of the way.
Amazing culture
Remodeling Consultant and Marketer (Current Employee), Melville, NYJuly 23, 2015
Great company with room for growth and excellent training. Voted #1 place for Millenials to work by Fortune Magazine 2015.
Fun culture and robust pay structure
RETAIL MARKETING MANAGER (Current Employee), Waltham, MAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: full benefits, new office, fun culture, fun people
Cons: Young, unprofessional, extensive rejection, long hours
This is a great job for young marketing and sales professionals who are still learning where they fit in the business landscape. The marketing department is a three to eight month program designed to get you ready for a sales position by teaching you sales techniques through training and field work. There is a competitive atmosphere in the office that drives professional development in those employees who choose to put forth the effort to build their skills. By meeting sales goals and demonstrating aptitudes for coaching others there is a management structure that is very beneficial for young professionals to strive for. The management position puts you in charge of a team of marketers and responsible for their training and professional growth. The office is relatively young which has implications: management is not always professional, leadership lacks at times and organization is frequently nonexistent. This does allow for a lot of growth with the departments infrastructure which will likely open up more coveted positions for the organization in the future. Lastly, there is a reason it is designed to be only a three to eight month program and that is mostly due to the level of rejection you deal with on a day to day basis which can often burn employees out, particularly if you don't perform well for a long period of time.
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Chester, PAJuly 19, 2015
Pros: A young energetic hard-working but fun environment to be in, Management is good at making you feel like part of a team and like they are one of you not above you, The environment is ideal for learning and growing because the company continues to grow so quickly
Cons: A major emphasis on rewarding the sales & marketing teams more than other departments, would be nice if all departments had equal opportunities to get the same rewards
I've been with the company for 3 years, and within that span of time I've learned alot mostly because I was given the opportunity to do different things and see different parts of the business. I've processed customer payments, have handled the billing and payment of installer projects, and have processed vendor bills among many other things. Management is very good at rotating these responsibilities around so that everyone has the same opportunity to learn. Our team is young, fun, hard-working, and focused. My coworkers are the reason I enjoy my job as much as I do - we work hard, we laugh and have fun, and we make it a point to help one another as needed. Outside of my department, everyone I work with in Ops and the Install and Sales offices are just as friendly and accomodating! You would think it'd be hard for so many different personalities to mesh so well, but somehow we all do. I guess that's what happens when you work at a place where everyone is generally happy.
Fun workplace
Entry-Level Account Executive (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTJune 23, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Very good workplace, and the culture is pretty awesome. A lot of the members help out and aren't afraid to talk and give out any tips to better yourself.
Fun work place, good money
Marketer (Former Employee), Iselin, NJJune 23, 2015
Pros: Money
Cons: Life Balance
No complaints. The best job experience I've had so far, helped me grow. Power taught me how to never give up. I am now able to close a lot faster.
Amazing place and job but horrible scheduling
Home Remodeling Sales and Energy Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 22, 2015
Pros: money, help, culture, environment
Cons: schedule
The Melville office for PHRG is a great place to work with many tools and people available. People are always willing to help you out. Upper management makes time to hear out everyone, from senior sales reps to newly hired employees in training. Unfortunately, it is hard to create a routine and balance this job with other responsibilities due to the on-call nature of the job. Definitely recommend this organization for anyone with flexible schedules.
Amazing culture with high earning potential
Remodeling Consultant (Current Employee), Southfield, MichiganJune 22, 2015
Pros: Fun work atmosphere and earning potential
Cons: A lot of driving
Learn new material to help with in-home sales, constantly pushing yourself to be better than you were the day before and learn leadership qualities. Management is very in tune with the great parts of the job as well as the tough parts and are always willing to help in every way possible. Very tight knit group of people to work with and also hang out with outside of work. The most difficult portion of the job is dealing with the ups and downs of any sales role and making the schedule work in your favor. The most enjoyable part of the job is the culture, the family atmosphere, being able to believe in the products and people that work within the walls of Power, and the earning potential.
A culture like anything you've ever experienced
Remodeling Consultant (Current Employee), Waltham, MAJune 18, 2015
Pros: Holiday trips, various promotions, full benefits with 401k, clear and concise interview process, clear and concise traning process
Cons: No set schedule, but we get 20 days off per year as well as and additional 6 days around the end of they
Power is unlike any company out there. It is currently the fastest growing home remodeling company in the country with opportunities to relocate to up and coming cities like Houston, Miami, and Denver to name a few. We are changing the remodeling industry with attention to detail, products, and customer service. Hard work is a staple of the company but so isn't giving back by upper management. Yearly company wide holiday trip to Mexico with significant others, open bar events with individual offices, and various promotions throughout the year Power recognizes its people are customers to.
Great Company With Great Opportunities
Remodeling Consultant (Current Employee), Southfield MichiganJune 18, 2015
Pros: Amazing work environment, great support structure, great opportunities to advance within the company.
Cons: You have to work hard.
Power Home Remodeling may come off as too good to be true. From working here for over a year, I can personally say that everything they promise is fulfilled. Everyone who works there is there to help you. All of the hard work that the job demands, is rewarded ten fold. The culture that we have here at power, is like no other. Anyone looking for a career, instead of a job, I would strongly recommend checking out Power Home Remodeling Group.
Excellent opportunity to make money and succeed
Remodeling Consultant (Former Employee), Rosemont, ILJune 9, 2015
Pros: Unlimited earning potential, advancement opportunity, strong training and mentorship, great benefits, amazing culture.
Cons: Long hours leading to zero work-life balance and lots of driving.
Power is a great company with great products and an amazing culture. They offer unlimited earning potential with outstanding mentorship. The hours are long and demanding and this is an excellent opportunity for an entry level sales position to make very good money. The only downside is the work-life balance as there is none. It is also a bit physically demanding at times but very doable.
Productive fun workplace
Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Cranford, NJJune 7, 2015
Pros: Excellent Staff
Cons: Long Hours
Learned how to engage and network with strangers in order to gain their interest in our home improvement products. As a result, I've gained a greater confindence when dealing with people seeing as how initially I was nervous approching potential consumers to casually and succesfully gaining their interest. Management team was very supportive and encouraging and the office was so casual yet sophisticated.
Best construction company I have ever worked for.
Project Manager (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTJune 1, 2015
Work at Power. Great place to work. I enjoy coming to work everyday. Management has your back and is extremely supportive they will give you every opportunity to succeed and help you if you fail.
Sceduling Agent (Current Employee), Chester, PaMay 28, 2015
Pros

Power is a great place to work. Management cares about their employees and through on going training they set everyone up for success. Great working environment and people to work with. A lot of room for growth.

Cons

Very competitive environment. Everyone is competing with each other so earn bonuses which can make the job stressful.
POWER
Marketer (Former Employee), Melville, NYMay 28, 2015
Pros: health insurance, ample bonus pay opportunities, matching 401k deposits, room for advancement, positive office culture, supportive managerial staff
Cons: inflexable schedules, long hours, potential stress, potential minimal compensation
A lot of people will tell you bad things about PHRG. I didn't have the most spectacular experience there but I can honestly say it was not a bad job. You really do get what you put into it. If you work hard and are willing to put long hours in they will compensate you generously. There is plenty of room for advancement and the office culture/atmosphere is both friendly and supportive. They will also teach you some spectacular fortune 500 sales techniques which you can apply elsewhere in your career. That being said, you will be asked to work long hours sometimes. You will have to work hard and you may occasionally feel stressed, especially if you aren't able to meet quotas. It's a great opportunity if you're willing to put the work in.
Professional and exciting atmosphere
Marketing Representative (Current Employee), Stratford, CTMay 27, 2015
Power Home Remodeling Group is an awesome place to harness your talent and see what the real world is really made of and having fun while doing it. Not only did I learn a ton about myself and what I am capable of, I also learned that life and your career is not something that can be figured out alone and at PHRG, theres always someone who is willing to reach out make you as successful as possible while benefiting themselves personally as well.
No Other place like it!
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Chester, PAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Atmosphere, Promote from within
Cons: Hours
As a Power employee for over three and half years, I can say hard work is truly recognized. Its a business atmosphere thats unlike any I have been apart of before. Power treats all of us as if we were family. Its cool to look back at the years I have been with Power as I was promoted three times, they really do promote from within.
Great co workers
Marketing/Sales Intern (Former Employee), Stratford, CTMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great place to gain experience and skills
Cons: long commutes to work areas
A lot of young people who are motivational but the job is not easy if you want to be making the kind of money they describe to you. you better be ready to work hard for it
Headquarters