Power Home Remodeling Employee Reviews

Ping pong table and a lot of really nice guys
Outbound Sales/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 21, 2016
I worked at Power for about 3 months and in that time i was able to make a lot of friends that i still talk too. The company flew us out to Philadelphia for a company meeting and threw a huge party to celebrate the companies success. This is a great company to work for but if you hate strange hours and rejection then this is not the right place for you.
Great place to work for.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTSeptember 14, 2016
Great culture. Great people. The training is like no other. Some room for growth. Hours can be long at times but if you work hard you will be compensated.
High Financial ceiling, management is extremely unprofessional.
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJSeptember 12, 2016
I have mixed reviews on my time with Power Home Remodeling. Overall, the company is extremely profitable, with harsh sales tactics that are undeniably successful.

The culture is of a college fraternity, which I dislike. However, if that's what your'e looking for, it doesn't get any better.

The marketing position is far from glamorous and times, is simply dreadful. It is a door-to-door position after-all.

That being said, the bonuses and commission are very generous. If you succeed at the position, you will make $60K+

Work/Life balance is awful. The shift they tell you in the interview is not even remotely close to the actual hours you spend at work. Management then pressures their employees to spend what little free time they have, with co-workers. Whenever I have decided to spend my free time with my family/friends instead, I was interrogated about it.

That brings me to management...I think it's very important to start of by stating that there are 11-12 satellite locations so I can not speak for every office's management.

The office I worked at is run primarily by the Sales RVP, Marketing RVP, Sales Director, and Marketing Director. The Sales RVP is an unbelievable salesperson. He is a great motivational speaker and therefore is terrific for the position. As a marketing manager, I have had very few interactions with him.

As for the Marketing RVP...He is your stereotypical Sales Manager/Director/VP. He commonly says what ever he needs to in the moment to get his employee to see things "his" way and do thinks "his" way. As a result, he constantly contradicts
  more... himself.

Overall, the company treats their employees very well, especially the sales department. It's a big company that is going to be around for quite some time and is a terrific way to break into the sales industry. I have grown professionally during my time with Power Home Remodeling.
Pros
Financial Opportunity, Sales Experience
Cons
Work/Life balance, management
Great place to work, but very high pressuer
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 1, 2016
On call from 10 am to 8 pm. Learned great sales technics, amd time management. Co-workers were the best, and the Christmas party is 3 days in Cancun, however you have to really hustle to earn that. Hardest part is getting used to the schedule. The most enjoyable part is closing a deal.
Pros
great money, great work enviroment
Cons
scheduling, a lot of after work activities
Fun work place
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Chester, PAAugust 23, 2016
Power Home Remodeling is a great place to work. I have gained a lot threw the years, and im very thankful for that. Management is very understanding and very helpful. Everyone gets along its like a second family!
Pros
great open bars, free lunches
Cons
can't take breaks all the time
Highly energetic workplace
Remodeling Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 15, 2016
Great opportunity to grow as a working professional. Great management and exceptional pay. Also a Great working environment.
Pros
Culture and Incentives
Cons
Knocking on doors
Great teaching and leaqrning environment
Event Coordinator/Marketing & Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTAugust 5, 2016
Power is a great place to work , but has a stress inducing environment. The benefits and various bonuses are outstanding. Marketing and sales reps are required to drive very long distances on a daily basis. All my co-workers were very team and family oriented, a pleasure to work with. The most rewarding aspect of the job was the Company trips to Cancun Mexico at the end of each year. The experience was absolutely breath-taking!
Pros
Daily, weekly. monthly and quarterly bonuses. And the Mexico trips.
Cons
High pressure to hit a bonus daily. Repeated threats of termination leaves fear of non-job security.
This Company makes dreams come true.
Inbound Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAJuly 20, 2016
When you work for Power, you are all a Family. They work hard and party hard because of there success. I also love how Power gets involved with the community. They have Veteran incentives and they also Help raise money every year with differet event for ALSF.!!!
Pros
Holiday Party and other Bonuses
Cons
Parking
Great Company
operations employee (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAJuly 15, 2016
Great culture and company your going to work hard and play hard.They were a great company to work for wonderful culture and the management listens to new ideas to better their company.They also work hard for their employees.I learned a lot from this company.I think their are some specific policies that need to change to protect their employees if they are going through a life event.But for the most part this company was great to work for .They have great talent and if you work hard you will be rewarded.There were times where I felt that they created a atmosphere where it became extremely competitive and I could see certain individuals being threatened .All around a good company great leadership ,wonderful vision and awesome incentives.
Pros
Monthly bonuses, medical, company truck, gas card, travel away for Christmas party
Cons
They mis-label their employees that should be hourly as managers.
Tough Work Life Balance
Outside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 6, 2016
Great people to work with, customer facing job though so that can suck, pay is good, benefits are great. Training is tough but once you get through that, the rest is pretty easy. Very numbers oriented.
Let me tell you something
Marketing Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 9, 2016
First off, as a former long term employee, I know that they tell their employees to post good reviews. Now that I got that out the way, it's a pyramid. They feed you a ton of great incentives.. that's until you realize you work 6 days a week, go door to door in very poor and ghetto neighborhoods, and they ridicule you if you don't set an appointment with people who really don't need new external design. You are outside in 100 degrees and -100 degrees. Do not work here if you're looking for an honest career. All management is based off of numbers and not management skills. They try and tell you that customers are liars and the people who make the most money are the ones who cheat the system.. They know who they are.
Pros
Mexico
Cons
13 hour days, work all holidays, horrible management, they won company of the year for millennials because they tell their employees what to say.
Great Place to Work
Outdoor Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAJune 9, 2016
I learned a lot about sales and dealing with people in high pressure situations. I would recommend this job to anyone. Really learned a lot about sales and will take that with me the rest of my life.
Pros
Great Boss, Great Enivionment
Cons
Not Any I Can Think Of
Fun workplace, but poor communication with management
Events Intern (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAJune 9, 2016
I would be given a "project list" at either the beginning of the week or day and I would often times just do a lot of research to find venues for events and information on these venues, the problem was is that often times my boss wouldn't follow up with me on my research, so many times I felt that I was putting in a lot of effort with no purpose. There was very poor communication between the interns, the other coordinators, and the head coordinators. A lot of times I would find myself not doing anything productive at all, or I would just be in the storage room for hours. The best part about the job was getting to travel to the company holiday trip in Mexico.
Pros
Free Travel
Cons
Poor management
Good opportunity, but...
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 6, 2016
Great job to have if you're single and others don't depend on you for much. Work hours are usually late and constantly being on call doesn't allow for much opportunity to get things done. Management strongly encourages working weekends and coming in to the office to train. Not much time for family or friends because work hours are usually around the time they get home. High pressure sales and commission only compensation makes for a pretty cut throat job too. Very up and down as far as pay goes.
Pros
good culture
Cons
awful hours, very cut throat
Great Place to work to grow as a person and Marketer.
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTMay 19, 2016
Power was the best thing that has ever happened to my life. It not only made me a better employee, but just a better person overall. It made me realize what I deserve. It made me unlock my true potential. Another one of the best things about the company is the culture, the camaraderie, and the family-like vibe that the company provided me. I realized what type of business environment allows me to grow as a person and as a employee. It made me realize what type of people I want to have in my life for the rest of my life. Being in a competitive business environment with people on the same missions on me around my same age. I also felt appreciated by the management. They actually cared about me, If I feel I am appreciated by management, I will do whatever and more than what is asked of me no matter what the job expects of me. This goes for more than just work but in life in general. They trained me weekly which made me consistently improve as a person and as a marketer and business man. I looked up to them and copied what the successful employees did, then I became the same leader they were and people started to look up to me for answers. I now know no goal is too big. I will never limit my aspiration or goals as long as I am alive. It was a great company, and I will use all the experience, knowledge, and skills I learned from that job and utilize it in my next opportunity. I have no doubt in my mind that I will excel at any job or opportunity life throws my way.
Great Experience
Remodeling Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CTMay 15, 2016
Great place to learn. Training is on going. All persons are invested in your success. Very little work life balance. Compensation is good. Hours are A-Typical.
Pros
lots of free time
Cons
lots of free time
Great Company
Remodeling Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 13, 2016
Amazing company to work for. Their model/management and extensive use of different departments guarantees operational success.

Great culture and CEO too
Pros
Great Culture, Great Training
Cons
Work life Balance is difficult. All you do is work
Amazing Company
Door to Door, Outbound Marketing (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 8, 2016
This company hires great people, there is an amazing culture and they treat their employees very well. The only down sides are my position is door to door and in order to advance, you have to either relocate to the headquarters in Philadelphia or take the sales position which is commission only.
Pros
great culture, pay and benefits, amazing treatment of employees
Cons
once you are established, more hours are expected, work life balance is compromised, door to door sales
Great fun, amazing people
outbound marketer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 25, 2016
Great company, Was a door to door position, it would consist of meeting at the office, Getting out assigned vans. head out to the territory and offer home owners free estimes on window, roofs, siding etc. marketing just isnt for everyone
Pros
amazing people, great time
Cons
Upward growth, takes longer than expected
Very Strenuous
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2016
Out on your feet all day walking no less than 5miles a day to promote a product that were unaffordable for most people. In order to really get paid you have to rely on someone to come behind you to close the deal with a 3 hour presentation.
Pros
Room for promotion.
Cons
Not very family friendly.

2.9