Power Home Remodeling Employee Reviews

People come first
Digital Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 11, 2017
After almost a year with Power I was unhappy in my role. My managers and senior managers worked with me for weeks exploring other options in the company that would be a better fit for me. I was very impressed by this dedication and investment in my happiness. It really showed me that Power's management at all levels believes that their people come first.
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Cons
Work/life balance is hard
Talent Acquisition Intern
Talent Acquisition Intern (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAMay 9, 2017
What can I say about Power Home Remodeling other than WOW. Great work environment from the start of my internship experience, the staff was very welcoming and made sure I got a good grasp on the work load as soon as I stepped foot in the office.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Had 6 classes while interning
Very good place to work
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2017
Extremely good place to work just very demanding hours and not enough consistent pay. You work 8 hours + a day and 6 days a week (not mentioning drive). I put almost 30K miles on my car just driving to work locations.
Great culture not in my fields of interest
Direct marketing door-to-door (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDApril 18, 2017
Excellent place to work, not suited to my skill sets. Culture and training are top-notch. Not in line with my personal views of business structure. Great learning experience.
Large chain in northern va
Remodeling Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDApril 18, 2017
they know how to train you. it was a dificult job with a one call close style. Great product with a not so great price. people don't understand what it costs to have quality products on home.
Tough schedule
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 18, 2017
On call 12 hours a day Monday - Friday must go to office minimum 3 days a week where you don't get paid to be there very tough to have a family and meet work requirements
fun
Remodeling Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDMarch 30, 2017
this is a fun place to work, you are on call every day meaning you hang out and play at home until you have to work, but in home sales are tough. and if you dont sell you dont make money
Pros
lots of feee time
Honestly everything was great but
Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDMarch 29, 2017
I wish I would of had a better life outside of work. The money was incredible. My colleagues were even better. and the Cancun trip was insane. Work Hard Play Hard
Good and Bad: a real review
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILMarch 24, 2017
The Good:

Awesome culture. Fun group of guys to work with. Can make pretty good money. Perfect experience for someone new to sales.

The Bad:

No real opportunity to grow. It's door to door. I don't know why they dress it up so much on applying sites.
Great company to start a construction career
Field Service Manager/Pre-Installment Manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 8, 2017
I think each day started, like anyone working for another company. Work through the doors and say your good mornings to everyone and touch base on their day. What was good, what was bad and what they experienced that I may encounter on another project. Those individuals performing another job, that may not have a lot construction experience. Ask what they went through and what they had trouble one and give them some of my knowledge and what I would have done. Possibly give them an easier solution, or just make the job easier to perform. Get to my desk get my paperwork ready for the day. I would then take the time to read the note for the following days appointments and prepare my material accordingly.
The culture of the company is young minded, more so "work hard, play harder." When they goals go the office and the company were achieved, they gave back to the employees and showed everyone their gratitude for their hard work.
The hardest part of the job was relying on the office in PA to order the right materials. Take proper notes, so I could perform my job and close out the task. The enjoyable part of the job, was seeing the sight of satisfaction of the clients face and truly thankful for helping.
Pros
If goals were met in first quarter, e Mexico trip in Dec. was awarded
Cons
Some of the work experience was not present from colleagues
Incredible place to enter the business world and gain lifelong skills
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2017
Power Home Remodeling is a fun and fast paced work environment that provides top notch training in both marketing and sales. It is an excellent place for a young and upcoming professional to enter the business world and begin to learn its ins and outs.
Pros
Pay is better than most entry level jobs
Cons
Little Work/Personal Life balance, high stress numbers based pay structure
Room to grow, great culture but the hours can wear you out.
Scheduling Agent and Marketer (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAFebruary 28, 2017
Management is invested in their employees in terms of training, offering room to grow and perks, however you work every other Saturday, occasional double shifts and/or a Sunday shift. If you can deal with that and stick to everything you learn in your training, you'll do well there.
Outside door to door free in home estimates
Marketing Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2017
not a very fun job work culture is great managers are very big on numbers and action. working here you are not valued you are just another number and will be replaced if u decide to slack off or pursue other endeavors.
Pros
Cons
terrible weather conditions, door to door soliciting
High energy, young, and hungry
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTFebruary 12, 2017
My overall experience at Power was great. I learned a great deal of selling techniques and a handful of other great lessons.
Pros
Company culture.
Cons
Extremely stressful, poor work and life balance.
Good place to meet people.
Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2017
An OK place to work. Upper management needs to treat the employees better. A good place to start your career in sales and marketing. The regional vice presidents are great people.
Amazing culture but tough to live with
Outbound Marketer (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CTDecember 26, 2016
The company overall is great for a lot of people. But it is impossible to create a culture like PHRG has without creating a bubble in which the employees live in. While this works for some people it is very tough for others to grasp.
Fun atmosphere, but only in the office
Marketer (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJDecember 20, 2016
Knocking on people's homes is a great way to learn rejection. The scripting helps, but people don't want to be bothered at all hours of the day. The guys that work there are great. Work/life balance doesn't exist
Work hard, play hard environment
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 26, 2016
Very long sales pitch, excellent compensation, zero work/life balance. Be prepared for late night appointments. It is however a very great place to gain sales experience.
Love/Hate kind of job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJNovember 26, 2016
Power Home Remodeling Group offers great training for people new to the field of sales. The job (remodeling consultant) consists of going to people's homes to give "estimates" on various products (i.e. roofing, windows, siding). This "estimate" is actually a 3 hour sales pitch that asks the customer to buy the product right then and there. If you have an aggressive sales personality this job might be for you, otherwise do not waste your time. Employees are paid an average of 10% commission on each sale. If you sell well then you can make a lot of money (100k+). Although this money is not as good as it seems since you are spending countless amounts of money on gas, tolls and mileage. If your performance is average or below average the job is miserable. You run 2 appointments per day, driving all over the state of NJ and rarely seem to reap the benefits of this work. To make matters worse the management will put you on a probationary period until you start performing better (or until they let you go). I personally felt uncomfortable doing the job from day one, but I do not regret my experience with the company. My coworkers were great and I still consider many of them friends. They try to provide their employees with fun opportunities such as visiting Mexico once a year and monthly outings like open bars. Overall I would recommend this job to young people who are having a difficult time finding a sales job out of college. This type of sales is incredibly difficult, so having this on a resume can be a huge plus... People who have bills to pay may want to look elsewhere since the  more... money can be sporadic.  less
Pros
Monthly outings, yearly Mexico trip
Cons
Uncomfortable work environment & no work/life balance
The best place to work for
Outbound marketing/sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTNovember 6, 2016
It's the best place to work for period. The culture is amazing it's the second biggest exterior homer Remodeling in the country. Furtune magazine awarded it the best place to work for in 2015-2015

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Power Home Remodeling. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8