Power Home Remodeling Employee Reviews

Work hard, play hard environment
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 26, 2016
Very long sales pitch, excellent compensation, zero work/life balance. Be prepared for late night appointments. It is however a very great place to gain sales experience.
Love/Hate kind of job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJNovember 26, 2016
Power Home Remodeling Group offers great training for people new to the field of sales. The job (remodeling consultant) consists of going to people's homes to give "estimates" on various products (i.e. roofing, windows, siding). This "estimate" is actually a 3 hour sales pitch that asks the customer to buy the product right then and there. If you have an aggressive sales personality this job might be for you, otherwise do not waste your time. Employees are paid an average of 10% commission on each sale. If you sell well then you can make a lot of money (100k+). Although this money is not as good as it seems since you are spending countless amounts of money on gas, tolls and mileage. If your performance is average or below average the job is miserable. You run 2 appointments per day, driving all over the state of NJ and rarely seem to reap the benefits of this work. To make matters worse the management will put you on a probationary period until you start performing better (or until they let you go). I personally felt uncomfortable doing the job from day one, but I do not regret my experience with the company. My coworkers were great and I still consider many of them friends. They try to provide their employees with fun opportunities such as visiting Mexico once a year and monthly outings like open bars. Overall I would recommend this job to young people who are having a difficult time finding a sales job out of college. This type of sales is incredibly difficult, so having this on a resume can be a huge plus... People who have bills to pay may want to look elsewhere since the  more... money can be sporadic.  less
Pros
Monthly outings, yearly Mexico trip
Cons
Uncomfortable work environment & no work/life balance
The best place to work for
Outbound marketing/sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTNovember 6, 2016
It's the best place to work for period. The culture is amazing it's the second biggest exterior homer Remodeling in the country. Furtune magazine awarded it the best place to work for in 2015-2015
Challenging but Rewarding expierence
Home Remodeling Consultant (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJNovember 2, 2016
I would highly recommend this posistion to anyone looking to enter the world of sales. Working for Power is the Ultimate Sales crash course. Learned so much about sales working there.
Fun co workeres
Outbound Marketer (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 29, 2016
You will always have a fun group to work with, but it is a daily grind. The boss motivates and expects a lot out of each of his employees. It is a tough job with super high highs and really low lows. You need to set goals and work on finding small victories on a day to day. Get comfortable with uncomfortable situations if you want to be successful here.
Ok Company
Door-to-Door sales (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 20, 2016
The product and company is great. Working for them is a tough life. You must be friends with the boss to advance. I loved the culture at the company. Work parties were great and the holiday party was amazing. Must want to work a lot more than most places.
Pros
Great Work Environment and Culture
Cons
hard and long hours, bad management
Great company, difficult job
Remodeling Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAOctober 18, 2016
Power has one of the best cultures you could ask for in an organization. From top to bottom, people are interested in your success and will provide tools for success. The only negative is that pay is greatly exaggerated for most positions, which is the primary reason most people leave.
An intense but flexible workplace.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDSeptember 23, 2016
Each morning, there would be a meeting, where the superviors would run through our sales numbers and give us some version of a motivational speech. The rest of the day was in the field; assigned to a van and a group, and given a neighborhood map in DC, VA, or MD. There were monetary incentivies for hitting certain numbers regarding estimates, sales, etc.
Ping pong table and a lot of really nice guys
Outbound Sales/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 21, 2016
I worked at Power for about 3 months and in that time i was able to make a lot of friends that i still talk too. The company flew us out to Philadelphia for a company meeting and threw a huge party to celebrate the companies success. This is a great company to work for but if you hate strange hours and rejection then this is not the right place for you.
Great place to work for.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTSeptember 14, 2016
Great culture. Great people. The training is like no other. Some room for growth. Hours can be long at times but if you work hard you will be compensated.
High Financial ceiling, management is extremely unprofessional.
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJSeptember 12, 2016
I have mixed reviews on my time with Power Home Remodeling. Overall, the company is extremely profitable, with harsh sales tactics that are undeniably successful.

The culture is of a college fraternity, which I dislike. However, if that's what your'e looking for, it doesn't get any better.

The marketing position is far from glamorous and times, is simply dreadful. It is a door-to-door position after-all.

That being said, the bonuses and commission are very generous. If you succeed at the position, you will make $60K+

Work/Life balance is awful. The shift they tell you in the interview is not even remotely close to the actual hours you spend at work. Management then pressures their employees to spend what little free time they have, with co-workers. Whenever I have decided to spend my free time with my family/friends instead, I was interrogated about it.

That brings me to management...I think it's very important to start of by stating that there are 11-12 satellite locations so I can not speak for every office's management.

The office I worked at is run primarily by the Sales RVP, Marketing RVP, Sales Director, and Marketing Director. The Sales RVP is an unbelievable salesperson. He is a great motivational speaker and therefore is terrific for the position. As a marketing manager, I have had very few interactions with him.

As for the Marketing RVP...He is your stereotypical Sales Manager/Director/VP. He commonly says what ever he needs to in the moment to get his employee to see things "his" way and do thinks "his" way. As a result, he constantly contradicts
  more... himself.

Overall, the company treats their employees very well, especially the sales department. It's a big company that is going to be around for quite some time and is a terrific way to break into the sales industry. I have grown professionally during my time with Power Home Remodeling.
Pros
Financial Opportunity, Sales Experience
Cons
Work/Life balance, management
Great place to work, but very high pressuer
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 1, 2016
On call from 10 am to 8 pm. Learned great sales technics, amd time management. Co-workers were the best, and the Christmas party is 3 days in Cancun, however you have to really hustle to earn that. Hardest part is getting used to the schedule. The most enjoyable part is closing a deal.
Pros
great money, great work enviroment
Cons
scheduling, a lot of after work activities
Fun work place
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Chester, PAAugust 23, 2016
Power Home Remodeling is a great place to work. I have gained a lot threw the years, and im very thankful for that. Management is very understanding and very helpful. Everyone gets along its like a second family!
Pros
great open bars, free lunches
Cons
can't take breaks all the time
Highly energetic workplace
Remodeling Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 15, 2016
Great opportunity to grow as a working professional. Great management and exceptional pay. Also a Great working environment.
Pros
Culture and Incentives
Cons
Knocking on doors
Great teaching and leaqrning environment
Event Coordinator/Marketing & Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTAugust 5, 2016
Power is a great place to work , but has a stress inducing environment. The benefits and various bonuses are outstanding. Marketing and sales reps are required to drive very long distances on a daily basis. All my co-workers were very team and family oriented, a pleasure to work with. The most rewarding aspect of the job was the Company trips to Cancun Mexico at the end of each year. The experience was absolutely breath-taking!
Pros
Daily, weekly. monthly and quarterly bonuses. And the Mexico trips.
Cons
High pressure to hit a bonus daily. Repeated threats of termination leaves fear of non-job security.
This Company makes dreams come true.
Inbound Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAJuly 20, 2016
When you work for Power, you are all a Family. They work hard and party hard because of there success. I also love how Power gets involved with the community. They have Veteran incentives and they also Help raise money every year with differet event for ALSF.!!!
Pros
Holiday Party and other Bonuses
Cons
Parking
Great Company
operations employee (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAJuly 15, 2016
Great culture and company your going to work hard and play hard.They were a great company to work for wonderful culture and the management listens to new ideas to better their company.They also work hard for their employees.I learned a lot from this company.I think their are some specific policies that need to change to protect their employees if they are going through a life event.But for the most part this company was great to work for .They have great talent and if you work hard you will be rewarded.There were times where I felt that they created a atmosphere where it became extremely competitive and I could see certain individuals being threatened .All around a good company great leadership ,wonderful vision and awesome incentives.
Pros
Monthly bonuses, medical, company truck, gas card, travel away for Christmas party
Cons
They mis-label their employees that should be hourly as managers.
Tough Work Life Balance
Outside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 6, 2016
Great people to work with, customer facing job though so that can suck, pay is good, benefits are great. Training is tough but once you get through that, the rest is pretty easy. Very numbers oriented.
Let me tell you something
Marketing Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 9, 2016
First off, as a former long term employee, I know that they tell their employees to post good reviews. Now that I got that out the way, it's a pyramid. They feed you a ton of great incentives.. that's until you realize you work 6 days a week, go door to door in very poor and ghetto neighborhoods, and they ridicule you if you don't set an appointment with people who really don't need new external design. You are outside in 100 degrees and -100 degrees. Do not work here if you're looking for an honest career. All management is based off of numbers and not management skills. They try and tell you that customers are liars and the people who make the most money are the ones who cheat the system.. They know who they are.
Pros
Mexico
Cons
13 hour days, work all holidays, horrible management, they won company of the year for millennials because they tell their employees what to say.
Great Place to Work
Outdoor Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAJune 9, 2016
I learned a lot about sales and dealing with people in high pressure situations. I would recommend this job to anyone. Really learned a lot about sales and will take that with me the rest of my life.
Pros
Great Boss, Great Enivionment
Cons
Not Any I Can Think Of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Power Home Remodeling. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9