Power Home Remodeling Employee Reviews in United States

Fun workplace, but poor communication with management
Events Intern (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAJune 9, 2016
I would be given a "project list" at either the beginning of the week or day and I would often times just do a lot of research to find venues for events and information on these venues, the problem was is that often times my boss wouldn't follow up with me on my research, so many times I felt that I was putting in a lot of effort with no purpose. There was very poor communication between the interns, the other coordinators, and the head coordinators. A lot of times I would find myself not doing anything productive at all, or I would just be in the storage room for hours. The best part about the job was getting to travel to the company holiday trip in Mexico.
Pros
Free Travel
Cons
Poor management
Good opportunity, but...
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 6, 2016
Great job to have if you're single and others don't depend on you for much. Work hours are usually late and constantly being on call doesn't allow for much opportunity to get things done. Management strongly encourages working weekends and coming in to the office to train. Not much time for family or friends because work hours are usually around the time they get home. High pressure sales and commission only compensation makes for a pretty cut throat job too. Very up and down as far as pay goes.
Pros
good culture
Cons
awful hours, very cut throat
Amazing Company
Door to Door, Outbound Marketing (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 8, 2016
This company hires great people, there is an amazing culture and they treat their employees very well. The only down sides are my position is door to door and in order to advance, you have to either relocate to the headquarters in Philadelphia or take the sales position which is commission only.
Pros
great culture, pay and benefits, amazing treatment of employees
Cons
once you are established, more hours are expected, work life balance is compromised, door to door sales
Awesome experience, nothing that says career.
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJApril 13, 2016
If you want to make some quick money out of college, then Power is place for you. They teach you how to overcome objections well, and they also provide the landscape to be successful. But you lose connection with the ones close to you. They make it so all you have is the job. You have no time to see friends, partners or family at some points. almost like a cult, and if you aren't bought in 100%, it isn't a good.
Productive and fun workplace with a great group of people
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJApril 4, 2016
A typical day at work would normally consist of a sales meeting around 11am then you are on call for the rest for the day usually about 1-2 appointments a day. Very good group of people and a great work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the culture you were surrounded by an a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was the leads that were given to you, which were not always the best.
Pros
Great work environment. Many incentives to do well.
Cons
Very minimal room for growth
This Company makes dreams come true.
Inbound Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAJuly 20, 2016
When you work for Power, you are all a Family. They work hard and party hard because of there success. I also love how Power gets involved with the community. They have Veteran incentives and they also Help raise money every year with differet event for ALSF.!!!
Pros
Holiday Party and other Bonuses
Cons
Parking
Great place for hard workers
Marketer, Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAApril 18, 2016
The company culture couldn't be better. I learned so much about sales. I enjoyed spending time with coworkers. The job is demanding but I can't complain about making $60k my first year out of college. Then there's the trip to Mexico. It is like nothing I have ever seen. No other company does a holiday party like Power.
Pros
Company culture, compensation, Mexico
Cons
Long hours, day ends at 8
Let me tell you something
Marketing Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 9, 2016
First off, as a former long term employee, I know that they tell their employees to post good reviews. Now that I got that out the way, it's a pyramid. They feed you a ton of great incentives.. that's until you realize you work 6 days a week, go door to door in very poor and ghetto neighborhoods, and they ridicule you if you don't set an appointment with people who really don't need new external design. You are outside in 100 degrees and -100 degrees. Do not work here if you're looking for an honest career. All management is based off of numbers and not management skills. They try and tell you that customers are liars and the people who make the most money are the ones who cheat the system.. They know who they are.
Pros
Mexico
Cons
13 hour days, work all holidays, horrible management, they won company of the year for millennials because they tell their employees what to say.
Great Company
operations employee (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAJuly 15, 2016
Great culture and company your going to work hard and play hard.They were a great company to work for wonderful culture and the management listens to new ideas to better their company.They also work hard for their employees.I learned a lot from this company.I think their are some specific policies that need to change to protect their employees if they are going through a life event.But for the most part this company was great to work for .They have great talent and if you work hard you will be rewarded.There were times where I felt that they created a atmosphere where it became extremely competitive and I could see certain individuals being threatened .All around a good company great leadership ,wonderful vision and awesome incentives.
Pros
Monthly bonuses, medical, company truck, gas card, travel away for Christmas party
Cons
They mis-label their employees that should be hourly as managers.
Great fun, amazing people
outbound marketer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 25, 2016
Great company, Was a door to door position, it would consist of meeting at the office, Getting out assigned vans. head out to the territory and offer home owners free estimes on window, roofs, siding etc. marketing just isnt for everyone
Pros
amazing people, great time
Cons
Upward growth, takes longer than expected
Great Place to Work
Outdoor Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAJune 9, 2016
I learned a lot about sales and dealing with people in high pressure situations. I would recommend this job to anyone. Really learned a lot about sales and will take that with me the rest of my life.
Pros
Great Boss, Great Enivionment
Cons
Not Any I Can Think Of
Very Strenuous
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2016
Out on your feet all day walking no less than 5miles a day to promote a product that were unaffordable for most people. In order to really get paid you have to rely on someone to come behind you to close the deal with a 3 hour presentation.
Pros
Room for promotion.
Cons
Not very family friendly.
Great Company
Remodeling Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 13, 2016
Amazing company to work for. Their model/management and extensive use of different departments guarantees operational success.

Great culture and CEO too
Pros
Great Culture, Great Training
Cons
Work life Balance is difficult. All you do is work
sucks
MARKETING REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJanuary 6, 2016
we had a daily morning meeting , after the meeting we would go to a specific location picked out by a manger and then we would go door to door! The hardest part about this job is trying to get people to come out and talk to you. The management was ok the training was the best part of the job , its too stressful of a job for what they pay. No one really has time to talk about siding windows and roofing when you go knocking on doors! My advice if you like getting rejected then this job is for you!
Pros
the coworkers, base pay is 1000 every two weeks
Cons
the work environment, Depressing, too much has to go right for you to get commission
Tough Work Life Balance
Outside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 6, 2016
Great people to work with, customer facing job though so that can suck, pay is good, benefits are great. Training is tough but once you get through that, the rest is pretty easy. Very numbers oriented.
Great Experience
Remodeling Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CTMay 15, 2016
Great place to learn. Training is on going. All persons are invested in your success. Very little work life balance. Compensation is good. Hours are A-Typical.
Pros
lots of free time
Cons
lots of free time
Great team environment where everyone collaborated to succeed
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJMarch 14, 2016
Daily face-to-face interactions with decision makers to help them assess their needs. Learned a lot of invaluable techniques on closing and establishing strong relationships.
Great Company and Atmosphere with "Work Hard/ Play Hard" mentality required
Remodeling Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILDecember 7, 2015
A Great place for a young person to work. The training is top notch and is continual throughout your career. It was a great experience but I am also glad I don't work there anymore because this job was my life for the year I worked for them. If you work as a Remodeling Consultant (sales) you work off of straight commission which can be stressful, but the way they pay out is extremely quick and fair.
Pros
good money, great training, great atmosphere, x-mas party in cancun
Cons
terrible hours/ no work life balance at all
Amazing culture with a tough work/ life balance
Outbound marketer (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJJanuary 16, 2016
Loved the people I worked with, but not compensated enough for the effort and hours put in. The hardest part of the job is the roller coaster of emotions on a daily basis. Door to door marketing is a tough position and the company has not provided enough training.
Great culture, nice office and holiday vacation
Confirmation Agent (Current Employee) –  Chester, PANovember 17, 2015
I have been working for Power for over a year now and have had a great experience. I was promoted within my first year with the company and now in a new position. The company has been growing bigger over the years and will continue to do so, hard work will only help to achieve growing with the company. My co workers and managers make it enjoyable to show up to the office every day. We have a very nice working office and space. The company will host many events through out the year such as free picnics, open bars and vacations.
Pros
Free paid trip to Mexico. Multiple open bar events through out the year. Start of the art technology
Cons
Working weekends

2.9