Power Home Remodeling Employee Reviews

Good and Bad: a real review
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILMarch 24, 2017
The Good:

Awesome culture. Fun group of guys to work with. Can make pretty good money. Perfect experience for someone new to sales.

The Bad:

No real opportunity to grow. It's door to door. I don't know why they dress it up so much on applying sites.
Great company to start a construction career
Field Service Manager/Pre-Installment Manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 8, 2017
I think each day started, like anyone working for another company. Work through the doors and say your good mornings to everyone and touch base on their day. What was good, what was bad and what they experienced that I may encounter on another project. Those individuals performing another job, that may not have a lot construction experience. Ask what they went through and what they had trouble one and give them some of my knowledge and what I would have done. Possibly give them an easier solution, or just make the job easier to perform. Get to my desk get my paperwork ready for the day. I would then take the time to read the note for the following days appointments and prepare my material accordingly.
The culture of the company is young minded, more so "work hard, play harder." When they goals go the office and the company were achieved, they gave back to the employees and showed everyone their gratitude for their hard work.
The hardest part of the job was relying on the office in PA to order the right materials. Take proper notes, so I could perform my job and close out the task. The enjoyable part of the job, was seeing the sight of satisfaction of the clients face and truly thankful for helping.
Pros
If goals were met in first quarter, e Mexico trip in Dec. was awarded
Cons
Some of the work experience was not present from colleagues
Incredible place to enter the business world and gain lifelong skills
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2017
Power Home Remodeling is a fun and fast paced work environment that provides top notch training in both marketing and sales. It is an excellent place for a young and upcoming professional to enter the business world and begin to learn its ins and outs.
Pros
Pay is better than most entry level jobs
Cons
Little Work/Personal Life balance, high stress numbers based pay structure
Room to grow, great culture but the hours can wear you out.
Scheduling Agent and Marketer (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAFebruary 28, 2017
Management is invested in their employees in terms of training, offering room to grow and perks, however you work every other Saturday, occasional double shifts and/or a Sunday shift. If you can deal with that and stick to everything you learn in your training, you'll do well there.
Outside door to door free in home estimates
Marketing Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2017
not a very fun job work culture is great managers are very big on numbers and action. working here you are not valued you are just another number and will be replaced if u decide to slack off or pursue other endeavors.
Pros
Cons
terrible weather conditions, door to door soliciting
High energy, young, and hungry
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTFebruary 12, 2017
My overall experience at Power was great. I learned a great deal of selling techniques and a handful of other great lessons.
Pros
Company culture.
Cons
Extremely stressful, poor work and life balance.
Good place to meet people.
Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2017
An OK place to work. Upper management needs to treat the employees better. A good place to start your career in sales and marketing. The regional vice presidents are great people.
Amazing culture but tough to live with
Outbound Marketer (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CTDecember 26, 2016
The company overall is great for a lot of people. But it is impossible to create a culture like PHRG has without creating a bubble in which the employees live in. While this works for some people it is very tough for others to grasp.
Fun atmosphere, but only in the office
Marketer (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJDecember 20, 2016
Knocking on people's homes is a great way to learn rejection. The scripting helps, but people don't want to be bothered at all hours of the day. The guys that work there are great. Work/life balance doesn't exist
Work hard, play hard environment
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 26, 2016
Very long sales pitch, excellent compensation, zero work/life balance. Be prepared for late night appointments. It is however a very great place to gain sales experience.
Love/Hate kind of job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJNovember 26, 2016
Power Home Remodeling Group offers great training for people new to the field of sales. The job (remodeling consultant) consists of going to people's homes to give "estimates" on various products (i.e. roofing, windows, siding). This "estimate" is actually a 3 hour sales pitch that asks the customer to buy the product right then and there. If you have an aggressive sales personality this job might be for you, otherwise do not waste your time. Employees are paid an average of 10% commission on each sale. If you sell well then you can make a lot of money (100k+). Although this money is not as good as it seems since you are spending countless amounts of money on gas, tolls and mileage. If your performance is average or below average the job is miserable. You run 2 appointments per day, driving all over the state of NJ and rarely seem to reap the benefits of this work. To make matters worse the management will put you on a probationary period until you start performing better (or until they let you go). I personally felt uncomfortable doing the job from day one, but I do not regret my experience with the company. My coworkers were great and I still consider many of them friends. They try to provide their employees with fun opportunities such as visiting Mexico once a year and monthly outings like open bars. Overall I would recommend this job to young people who are having a difficult time finding a sales job out of college. This type of sales is incredibly difficult, so having this on a resume can be a huge plus... People who have bills to pay may want to look elsewhere since the  more... money can be sporadic.  less
Pros
Monthly outings, yearly Mexico trip
Cons
Uncomfortable work environment & no work/life balance
The best place to work for
Outbound marketing/sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTNovember 6, 2016
It's the best place to work for period. The culture is amazing it's the second biggest exterior homer Remodeling in the country. Furtune magazine awarded it the best place to work for in 2015-2015
Challenging but Rewarding expierence
Home Remodeling Consultant (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJNovember 2, 2016
I would highly recommend this posistion to anyone looking to enter the world of sales. Working for Power is the Ultimate Sales crash course. Learned so much about sales working there.
Fun co workeres
Outbound Marketer (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 29, 2016
You will always have a fun group to work with, but it is a daily grind. The boss motivates and expects a lot out of each of his employees. It is a tough job with super high highs and really low lows. You need to set goals and work on finding small victories on a day to day. Get comfortable with uncomfortable situations if you want to be successful here.
Ok Company
Door-to-Door sales (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 20, 2016
The product and company is great. Working for them is a tough life. You must be friends with the boss to advance. I loved the culture at the company. Work parties were great and the holiday party was amazing. Must want to work a lot more than most places.
Pros
Great Work Environment and Culture
Cons
hard and long hours, bad management
Great company, difficult job
Remodeling Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAOctober 18, 2016
Power has one of the best cultures you could ask for in an organization. From top to bottom, people are interested in your success and will provide tools for success. The only negative is that pay is greatly exaggerated for most positions, which is the primary reason most people leave.
An intense but flexible workplace.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDSeptember 23, 2016
Each morning, there would be a meeting, where the superviors would run through our sales numbers and give us some version of a motivational speech. The rest of the day was in the field; assigned to a van and a group, and given a neighborhood map in DC, VA, or MD. There were monetary incentivies for hitting certain numbers regarding estimates, sales, etc.
Ping pong table and a lot of really nice guys
Outbound Sales/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 21, 2016
I worked at Power for about 3 months and in that time i was able to make a lot of friends that i still talk too. The company flew us out to Philadelphia for a company meeting and threw a huge party to celebrate the companies success. This is a great company to work for but if you hate strange hours and rejection then this is not the right place for you.
Great place to work for.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTSeptember 14, 2016
Great culture. Great people. The training is like no other. Some room for growth. Hours can be long at times but if you work hard you will be compensated.
High Financial ceiling, management is extremely unprofessional.
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJSeptember 12, 2016
I have mixed reviews on my time with Power Home Remodeling. Overall, the company is extremely profitable, with harsh sales tactics that are undeniably successful.

The culture is of a college fraternity, which I dislike. However, if that's what your'e looking for, it doesn't get any better.

The marketing position is far from glamorous and times, is simply dreadful. It is a door-to-door position after-all.

That being said, the bonuses and commission are very generous. If you succeed at the position, you will make $60K+

Work/Life balance is awful. The shift they tell you in the interview is not even remotely close to the actual hours you spend at work. Management then pressures their employees to spend what little free time they have, with co-workers. Whenever I have decided to spend my free time with my family/friends instead, I was interrogated about it.

That brings me to management...I think it's very important to start of by stating that there are 11-12 satellite locations so I can not speak for every office's management.

The office I worked at is run primarily by the Sales RVP, Marketing RVP, Sales Director, and Marketing Director. The Sales RVP is an unbelievable salesperson. He is a great motivational speaker and therefore is terrific for the position. As a marketing manager, I have had very few interactions with him.

As for the Marketing RVP...He is your stereotypical Sales Manager/Director/VP. He commonly says what ever he needs to in the moment to get his employee to see things "his" way and do thinks "his" way. As a result, he constantly contradicts
  more... himself.

Overall, the company treats their employees very well, especially the sales department. It's a big company that is going to be around for quite some time and is a terrific way to break into the sales industry. I have grown professionally during my time with Power Home Remodeling.
Pros
Financial Opportunity, Sales Experience
Cons
Work/Life balance, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Power Home Remodeling. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8