Power Home Remodeling Employee Reviews

One of the best places to work
Marketer (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJOctober 17, 2017
A typical day sometimes starts with a meeting reviewing the past or upcoming week. after that you go with your designated group to the van with your driver and go to a neighborhood to pitch people on getting a free estimate on windows/roofing/siding. Door to door really isnt as bad as society makes it to be. You learn a lot of social skills and the workplace culture is amazing! although i feel it has frat undertones. Popular people are preferred for certain things. Hardest part of the job is rejection by multiple homeowners. The most enjoyable is good homeowner interactions. the van rides, and mostly the very good compensation. Theres also a yearly trip to cancun mexico.
Pros
Great Pay, Culture, Yearly Trip to Mexico
Cons
frat like, pressure to perform.
Fraternity culture with the potential to make lots of $$$
Marketer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2017
Does not reward for consistency, but rather for people who excel some days and not others. Coworkers are wonderful and the reason I stayed for so long. Out in all types of weather including pouring rain and snow so be prepared. Great job for person without a college degree or someone just starting out (or starting over).
Productive, Competitive
Remodeling Consultant (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJOctober 5, 2017
great workplace environment on call from 9am to 8pm.I learned to become a leader and have the qualities that a leader should have. the hardest part of the job is the schedule and trying to have an outside life. The most enjoyable part of the job is hanging with all your friends and working together.
Fun work culture where co workers felt like family
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJSeptember 29, 2017
I loved the culture and my co workers at Power Home Remodeling. What I did not like was that I sold on the job as a marketing representative but did not find out that it was entirely door to door sales. Personally I did not feel comfortable knocking on doors in unknown neighborhoods (some not so nice neighborhoods) and the majority of my pay was based on results from these conversations. I was much more interested in the Operations Department but was told I had to continue door to door marketing until I provided high enough results to be selected for the Sales Department, and then after performing highly enough in sales I could apply into the Operations Department despite my entire background being in Operations. Great job for anyone not phased by knocking on doors for many months if not years, during the rain and snow.
Pros
Work culture, work events, management, co-workers
Cons
Door to door marketing for an unknown length of time before advancement
Fantastic culture!
Developer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 27, 2017
Power is an amazing place to work. Everyone is supportive, carries a great attitude, and is overall wonderful to work with. I would definitely recommend Power as a fantastic place to work and a perfect place to grow your career.
Pros
Work Culture, Innovation, Career Growth Opportunities, Supportive Management
Will never fill out another application
Sales Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Chester, PASeptember 25, 2017
When I first applied back in August of 2014 I was hoping to get a job. What I didn't realize was I was getting a career. I will never work anywhere else again. The culture and opportunity for advancement is second to none. Hard work gets acknowledged and rewarded. Hours are unconventional for most positions here, but working for a company you love makes it a little easier.
Pros
weekly bonuses, amazing culture, great management
Cons
unconventional hours
It wasnt what i thought
Inbound/Outbound Marketing Rep (Former Employee) –  Chester, PASeptember 20, 2017
There are great people who work there. There are not so great people who work there. The environment is competitive. Some departments only pay bonuses based on a scale, not how hard work out. Only if you meet certain percentages can you get a bonus. A bonus is the only way for you to make more than $1000 dollars gross pay.
There are great managers and some who don't care.
Pros
Camaraderie
Cons
The competitive nature makes people forget to be human.
Progressive Culture
Remodeling Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDSeptember 20, 2017
Power is the last place I will ever work. The culture is unparalleled because it trickles from the top down. I have never seen a company care about their employees the way that Power does. Examples: they paid for 150 female leaders in the company to participate in a women's summit in Philadelphia. Diversity summits, leadership conferences, an all expenses paid trip to Mexico (for everyone.) I've seen some reviews on here about how you have to be "the top" to get ahead in this company and that couldn't be further from the truth. I have never seen anyone be fired because of their numbers. All I have seen is a culture that is relentlessly dedicated to improvement. If one is struggling, 10 will pitch in the help that 1 improve. There are people currently who have the highest volume who were the worst reps of their office when they started. Their jobs were never threatened, their security was never taken. The hours are not long, but are different. It's not your typical 9-5. Which they understand can be taxing. There are multiple opportunities that they allow you to take time off, have nights and mornings off, and days to learn. You will never stop learning here. people will constantly want to help you be better. If you're looking for a mundane, middle of the road, easy, mediocre career; Power is not the place for you.
Pros
Vacation time, great management, TONS of opportunity for growth
Cons
Unconventional hours
Great work place!
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 11, 2017
It's an amazing place to work. Love the office. Ping pong, pool and an Xbox to hang out with. The VPs are amazing they buy lunch for the office and they like to hang out and get to know everyone! Just can't make the drive anymore.
Passion meets purpose
Remodeling Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 28, 2017
This is a place where hard work is appreciated and well compensated. Training is paid and is very thorough. Success is not immediate for everyone but the support to reach it is better than any other sales role I've had.
The competition is healthy amongst the sales team and challenges everyone to reach their individual goals.
Social events are planned regularly to strengthen relationships.
Hardest part of the job is the learning curves but there's a realistic high income potential once the learning curve stops.
The company plays a large part in community enhancement.
Pros
Pay is equal to that of a high level professional without the expensive degree
Cons
Unpaid time off
very fun place to work at.
Field Marketer and Retail Marketer, Full-time (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDAugust 28, 2017
The hours were great, some days were long and some days were short, I got a lot of experience from working there for a short time period. Management always had my back even when personal issues occurred. They gave me the opportunity to be a field marketer as well as a retail marketer. I always received help when needed, they were also accommodating when I had to take time off for my brother's college graduation as well as my cousin's wedding. I did not want to leave the company, but due to circumstances it was the right thing to do. Overall, it is a wonderful company to work for.
Pros
game room, self defense class, after work get togethers
Cons
driving far distances.
Awesome life changing career
Team leader/consultant (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 27, 2017
I have worked at power home remodeling group for 3 years now, and ever since I have worked here my life has completely changed in so many ways. Money is awesome but at power it's really about just loving where u work which for me a huge plus everyday I wake up I am thankful for my job I feel like I got lucky and the best part is that everyone else who I have helped get a job feels the same way.
Pros
Money is great, lots of opportunity, great culture
Cons
Hours are on call so it can get stressful at times
Best Place to Work
Remodeling Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 25, 2017
-Great Place to Work
-Awesome Culture
-Everyone works as a team
-Tons of movement to different roles and positions
-You will burn your resume once you start
Fun place to work
Sales Mentor (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDAugust 22, 2017
Definitely a great place to work. The culture is second to none, and the job is ever-changing and fun. You're not a shoe in to be successful, but with hard work and effort a place you can find a career.
Pros
Culture, pay
Cons
Schedule
Productive and fun work environment
Inbound Scheduling Agent (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 20, 2017
As a current Power employee, I would recommend anyone to work here. Power provides their employees with many opportunities for growth and advancement throughout the company. The growth that I have received from power is not only professional but personal as well. The motto what you put in is what you get out is very true to the Power culture. I have personally seen through my hard work and dedication to the company many rewards and opportunities for me to further my career.
Pros
Strong culture, personal and professional growth
Productive and competitive place to work
Outbound Marketer and sales (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAAugust 17, 2017
working here i learned the importance of working extra hours to make more money. your pay depends how hard you work and if youre willing to put the extra time in.
This is the best company to work!
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chester, PAAugust 15, 2017
I've been working here for a little over a year. It is a very challenging workplace, but it is very rewarding. You need to work hard and have what it takes. Everyone who works here knows this. I was very fortunate to find my home here. I cannot imagine working anywhere else. I highly doubt I'll ever leave. The potential for growth is incredible. They will take care of you and help you succeed. If you want to change your life. Join us, you won't disappointed!
Pros
Holiday trips to Mexico?? Hello? Awesome people from every background.
Fun place to work
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJAugust 8, 2017
Definitely a great job fresh out of college! Work life culture is absolutely fantastic. The office had big screen tvs, shuffle board, fuzzball table and awesome co workers.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Long Hours
Slave Labor
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDAugust 8, 2017
Unless you are the top 10 percent in this company...it really doesnt matter. If you are not and I repeat not the top 10 percent you will not be happy working with this company
Pros
great money
Cons
no life at all
Terrible Place
Field Marketer (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 7, 2017
They'll sell you a fake dream, then fire you in a month. A bunch of manipulative liars that have every word they speak coming from a script. Save yourself the time and ignore them.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Power Home Remodeling. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9