Power Home Technologies

Power Home Technologies Employee Reviews

Rewarding field of service
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCJanuary 6, 2015
As an advocate for personal, and business security solutions, offering security services was a highly rewarding field. Much of our target customers were military personnel, so being a veteran, it was very gratifying to make sure deployed soldiers' families were protected.
Productive workplace with great co-workers
Call Center Lead/Manager (Current Employee), Mooresville, NCMay 8, 2014
A typical day at work requires lots of phones calls. Assisting customer as well as installing technicians. I have learned that everything gets easier to handle as you develop your own way to handle things. I enjoy working with all of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job would probably be managing all of the duties that we have and getting everything done in a timely manager, but it gets easier with time.
alot of fun and freedom
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: freedom
Cons: commision
It was a really fun place to work as far as freedom and cool people. but I was fond of the structure of the company it resembled a pyramid scheme. The door to door sales part to wasn't really what I was into.
Educational
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), NCDecember 30, 2013
typical day was long and frustrating. i learned Positivity *Knowledge of the Product *Acting Skills *Time Management Skills *Persuasion Skills *Phone and Computer Skills
Management was very interseting easy to work with. Co-Workers, were smart awesome individuals. They made the days easier at that place. Hardest part was learning the product. Most enjoyable was that i did have a job and it kept my mind occupied and i loved learning from my co-workers I learned something new just about everyday.
This job was not very good in any aspect.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Mooresville, North CarolinaOctober 21, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of answering calls and trying to sell security systems. I learned how to follow a script on selling items, directing calls on a computer system, and managing different calls at the same time. My coworkers didn't communicate with often being that we were in our own cubicles. Management wasn't great either. The whole company was ran by two brothers that really didn't seem to know much about business. The hardest part of the job was listening to customers decline our offers. Work wasn't really enjoyable.
it is a good place to work
Promotions Manager Of Sales (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: u work on the road and u get to travel, meet new people, most important you are able to help others and there familys
Cons: benifits, no base pay
it is a great place to work and i have learned so much about sales that i belive i could goto any sales job and conquer it everytime. The pay is ok, I do wish there was a base pay even it was not much I still wish there was....
Hard Working People
Sales Agen (Current Employee), Green, OHOctober 25, 2012
It is what you put into it. You wake up and sale in whatever way you want to. Cold call or go door to door.
6 years and Loving It
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Swansboro, NCJuly 14, 2012
Pros: immediate advancement opportunities "almost anywhere too", company parties, benefits. but mostly the $$$, $$$.$$
Shortly after dropping out of college I thought I made the worst decision of my life. I then stumbled across Power Home in Greensboro, NC. After only 6 months of hard work, extra hours, and honest business, I found myself managing a small office. I loved it, however I was bored with my living location. Power Home Technologies put the same hard work and extra hours, along with the financial investment to help me expand my dreams into Charlotte, NC, and then a year and a half later Tampa, FL. Why the relocating? Because I wanted the experience of living in new regions and Power Home Technologies followed me and helped me. 6 years later, at the age of 28 I'm back in NC close to my family, away from the city, and near the beach just as I asked. Power Home Technologies made ALL of that possible. I'm enjoying everyday of my life as the Branch Manager out of Swansboro, NC. THANK YOU POWER HOME TECHNOLOGIES for helping me achieve my goals. AND, THANK YOU FOR ALL THE FUN!!! I look forward to meeting those who are able to make the cut, and join the team.
A career, not a job
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCJuly 12, 2012
Pros: company sponsored events (ie: company christmas party, family days, etc.)
Cons: trying to figure out where to take vacation each year
I have been with PHT for 3 1/2 years now and it is the absolute best!! We make sure bad things don't happen to good people and have a great time doing it. Everything from the people to the compensation make this the place be. I will always remember something that was told to me when I was hired......."There are those people who work for Powerhome Technologies, and then there are those people who WISHED they worked for Powerhome Technologies".
Exciting company to work for
Sales (Current Employee), North CarolinaJuly 11, 2012
Pros: great money, a lot of growth
Cons: long hours sometimes
Power home is GREAT! I've been with them for a couple of months and couldn't be happier. I do work a lot of hours but the money more than makes up for it. They're also opening new branches so there's tons of room for managers.
Excellent place to Learn and Grow. Make money while having Fun.
Team Leader (Current Employee), North CarolinaJuly 11, 2012
Pros: advancement, great pay, company parties, family environment.
Cons: come with great attitude and solid work ethic or you will feel out of place
I started in sales and worked my way to a team leader position. My days involve talking to people about anything and everything. Primarily to talk about Life Safety Systems and how they guard a family against burglary, home invasion, medical emergency and the threat of fire. My team leader position gives me the chance to talk about 'How to Succeed' in all aspects of life. Power Home Technologies is a fun and rewarding place to work. They are big on 'TEAM' which makes it even more Fun. The Leadership is proven and trustworthy. Like in life in general - What you put into it - has a lot to do with what you will get back.
Wonderful Company with tremendous team atmosphere
Operations (Current Employee), Orlando,FLJuly 11, 2012
Pros: huge bonuses, 401k, and health benefits
What a great company. It's a place where you feel more like family that co-workers. There are so few positions where you can get up every morning and be excited about going to work. We work hard,
make and great living and have allot of fun.

There are so many contest, extra bonuses, and other perks its hard to list them all. If you are a go getter that wants more, and your looking to move up into higher positions then this is the place to be.
This company primarily promotes from within so there is always an opportunity to move up if you show you've got the right stuff.

Every day we get to help keep families safe and have fun doing it.
A+
Sales (Current Employee), Richmond VAJuly 11, 2012
Pros: fastest response time, best customer service and highest pay
Cons: i did not find them sooner.
I have been all over the security industry and I am so impressed with PHT. They have it all. The Best customer service for my CUSTOMERS. They also have the Fastest response time in the industry wich makes it easy present to the customers.
They also provide me with the highest pay and bonus structure I have ever seen. 15 install a month pays me over 100k a year. Plus benefits and 401k. How can you go wrong?
Also have huge company parties.
office management`
office manager (Current Employee), raleigh ncFebruary 27, 2012
Cons: no advancement
i have been there for 18 months and want to advance but there is no room for advancement in the position that i am in.