Power Home Technologies Employee Reviews

A true opportunity for sales people
Senior Life-Safety Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 13, 2017
This job is not for everyone. However, if you are self-motivated and can multi-task and keep track of many different lines of business at one time, this is a rewarding place to work. You can cold call to generate leads, or work referrals, or knock doors like the old days. The most enjoyable part of the job is the look on a client's face when they feel safe and satisfied. The hardest part of the job is getting past all of the "no"s.
Pros
Steady sunlight!
Cons
Commission Only
Job Summary
Office Administration / Data Entry II / Sceduling (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCDecember 28, 2016
Typical day at work was filled with a lot of work. Never a down-time. Co-workers were great and every department managed well with one another.
Outside Sales is not for me
Security Consultant / Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 8, 2016
work your own schedule, knock on doors trying to make sales is very difficult. this is not my kind of work environment. I hated it
Great opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 3, 2016
Minus some leadership flaws its a great company as a whole and encourages and embraces growth and learning. They will give you chances and watch you run with them. New ideas are viewed but not always taken into play. The atmosphere is family like with a few red headed step children. They believe in and motivate the strong and will push you to bounds you didn't know you might have had.
Pros
Strength in the masses, exploratory
Cons
Weakness amongst the individual, tempermental
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 14, 2016
Good place to work if you are a hardcore salesperson. Top salespersons are highly rewarded. If you work in an office role not so much.
Looks peachy on the outside
Security Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  RichmondOctober 14, 2015
Started out when the Company had a A+ with the BBB. One year later, it dropped to a C because they put an individual in charge of Operations that ran his company's brand into the ground, aside from slamming customers and violating "Do Not Call List"

Company didn't have good enough margins to pay salespeople any decent commissions on accessories.
Pros
Best Monitoring
Cons
Owners were clueless
Productive and relaxed environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 29, 2015
I definitely enjoy working here. There are always something to do as far as keeping everyone busy. It's such a teamwork atmosphere as well. When there is down time everyone just pitches in and assists with what's not complete.
Pros
Work environment and hours
Great Place
IBO/Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta GaJuly 27, 2015
I loved working for PHT, one of the best Security Companies out there. Great Training, Awesome team work, Just a pleasure to work with.
Pros
great team, awesome training, people care
Cons
bad credit scores = zero pay
Great Work Attitude
Customer Service/Service Department (Current Employee) –  Mooresville North CarolinaMarch 4, 2015
There is a lot of things that I can bring up with regards to Power Home Technologies, however, to sum it all up I would say that this company I very much enjoyed working for. Great working environment along with the co-workers which was fun in itself.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
No breaks except for lunch.
Rewarding field of service
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJanuary 6, 2015
As an advocate for personal, and business security solutions, offering security services was a highly rewarding field. Much of our target customers were military personnel, so being a veteran, it was very gratifying to make sure deployed soldiers' families were protected.
Productive workplace with great co-workers
Call Center Lead/Manager (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCMay 8, 2014
A typical day at work requires lots of phones calls. Assisting customer as well as installing technicians. I have learned that everything gets easier to handle as you develop your own way to handle things. I enjoy working with all of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job would probably be managing all of the duties that we have and getting everything done in a timely manager, but it gets easier with time.
alot of fun and freedom
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 18, 2014
It was a really fun place to work as far as freedom and cool people. but I was fond of the structure of the company it resembled a pyramid scheme. The door to door sales part to wasn't really what I was into.
Pros
freedom
Cons
commision
Educational
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  NCDecember 30, 2013
typical day was long and frustrating. i learned Positivity *Knowledge of the Product *Acting Skills *Time Management Skills *Persuasion Skills *Phone and Computer Skills
Management was very interseting easy to work with. Co-Workers, were smart awesome individuals. They made the days easier at that place. Hardest part was learning the product. Most enjoyable was that i did have a job and it kept my mind occupied and i loved learning from my co-workers I learned something new just about everyday.
This job was not very good in any aspect.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, North CarolinaOctober 21, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of answering calls and trying to sell security systems. I learned how to follow a script on selling items, directing calls on a computer system, and managing different calls at the same time. My coworkers didn't communicate with often being that we were in our own cubicles. Management wasn't great either. The whole company was ran by two brothers that really didn't seem to know much about business. The hardest part of the job was listening to customers decline our offers. Work wasn't really enjoyable.
it is a good place to work
Promotions Manager Of Sales (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 28, 2013
it is a great place to work and i have learned so much about sales that i belive i could goto any sales job and conquer it everytime. The pay is ok, I do wish there was a base pay even it was not much I still wish there was....
Pros
u work on the road and u get to travel, meet new people, most important you are able to help others and there familys
Cons
benifits, no base pay
Hard Working People
Sales Agen (Current Employee) –  Green, OHOctober 25, 2012
It is what you put into it. You wake up and sale in whatever way you want to. Cold call or go door to door.
A career, not a job
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 12, 2012
I have been with PHT for 3 1/2 years now and it is the absolute best!! We make sure bad things don't happen to good people and have a great time doing it. Everything from the people to the compensation make this the place be. I will always remember something that was told to me when I was hired......."There are those people who work for Powerhome Technologies, and then there are those people who WISHED they worked for Powerhome Technologies".
Pros
company sponsored events (ie: company christmas party, family days, etc.)
Cons
trying to figure out where to take vacation each year
Exciting company to work for
Sales (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 11, 2012
Power home is GREAT! I've been with them for a couple of months and couldn't be happier. I do work a lot of hours but the money more than makes up for it. They're also opening new branches so there's tons of room for managers.
Pros
great money, a lot of growth
Cons
long hours sometimes
Excellent place to Learn and Grow. Make money while having Fun.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 11, 2012
I started in sales and worked my way to a team leader position. My days involve talking to people about anything and everything. Primarily to talk about Life Safety Systems and how they guard a family against burglary, home invasion, medical emergency and the threat of fire. My team leader position gives me the chance to talk about 'How to Succeed' in all aspects of life. Power Home Technologies is a fun and rewarding place to work. They are big on 'TEAM' which makes it even more Fun. The Leadership is proven and trustworthy. Like in life in general - What you put into it - has a lot to do with what you will get back.
Pros
advancement, great pay, company parties, family environment.
Cons
come with great attitude and solid work ethic or you will feel out of place
Wonderful Company with tremendous team atmosphere
Operations (Current Employee) –  Orlando,FLJuly 11, 2012
What a great company. It's a place where you feel more like family that co-workers. There are so few positions where you can get up every morning and be excited about going to work. We work hard,
make and great living and have allot of fun.

There are so many contest, extra bonuses, and other perks its hard to list them all. If you are a go getter that wants more, and your looking to move up into higher positions then this is the place to be.
This company primarily promotes from within so there is always an opportunity to move up if you show you've got the right stuff.

Every day we get to help keep families safe and have fun doing it.
Pros
huge bonuses, 401k, and health benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Power Home Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

Power Home Technologies Reviews by Location