Power Plant Services Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILDecember 27, 2017
A typical work place with pros and cons. Monday through Friday job 9-5. Not micromanaged which is a good thing, nice co-workers make the day go by faster.
Not bad Not that good
Shop Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMarch 22, 2017
Benefits are ok. Slow working environment. Not a lot of growth opportunity management needs improvement. The good thing is that they are flexible and you get paid vacation.
Overall a good company
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  ILJanuary 10, 2017
Overall an OK company...a good stepping stone maybe, for a lot of folks...! Lot of turnover; as people come and go all the time. No career path, just a paycheck you earn and experience you gain going through day to day responsibilities and tasks.
Pros
Ok company
Cons
Constantly changing dynamics
Great place to learn new skills.
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHDecember 12, 2016
It has been a great place to work. I have had the opportunity to learn new things while working there. Its to bad that the economy has forced layoffs.
Great Place to Work for the Highly Motivated
Manager (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJuly 29, 2015
This is a great place to work if you are ambitions and want to generate value for the company and customers. The company is very willing to recognize a high level of performance - through salary increases, bonuses and promotions.
Pros
Good company if you are highly motivated
Cons
If you are looking to collect a check, opportunities will pass you by. Strategy needs more focus
Run, dont walk.
RSM (Former Employee) –  Melrose ParkApril 15, 2015
Every morning, before my commute to work, I would say a little prayer and ask what have I done so wrong to be hired by this company? Negligence abound; management...what management? Everything funnels to the CEO, red tape and "clicks" within management inhibit a proper business environemnt. Would neither recommend to work here nor would I return; would rather eat Ramen and live in a box.
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
Stress, suspicious working conditions, more stress.
Horrible Place To Work
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILDecember 2, 2014
I used to work for them last year and it was not your normal workplace. Nobody goes to their manager, they all go to the CEO. The CEO is very unorganized and that shows you how the company is being run.

Beware! One manager is so arrogant and needless to say had to pay a fine to the FCC with his previous job that was NOT disclosed on his application and was further questioned with higher management and no action was taken. Does that give you an idea how management doesn't care??

Just take caution if you apply to this company. The employee turnover is absolutely amazing.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management, and very disfunctional
learning experience
Welder (Current Employee) –  Pinch, WVNovember 30, 2014
I am mainly a welder FCAW, GMAW, SMAW, GTAW stainless and mild steel, pipe and plate but I help with fit up, metal prep, fork lift and overhead crane operation, packing/loading, and mechanical brake help as well.
Pros
learn a lot, good people
Cons
no benifits, little compensation
Benefits abolished, income reduced, deductions increased, high turnover in Sales staff.
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILDecember 15, 2013
PPS is a good place to work, management is accessible to discuss opportunities, new accounts, training, travel, new ideas, competition, or any other concerns I may have in the field. I have some flexibility to work from home or office which keeps my job work/life balanced but I prefer to be in the office if I am not traveling to customers.

I am in the market looking for a similar position because of the following reasons.
1. High turnover in sales staff.
2. Emoluments frozen and commission eliminated despite increase in sales & new accounts.
3. Benefits deteriorated, deductions increased, & disposable income has lowered.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
Emoluments/compensations
Disfuntional work place
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILApril 10, 2013
The most stressful and disfuntional place to work in. I would not recommend anyone to work in this company.
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melrose park, ILNovember 29, 2012
I have learned a lot in manufacturing field
I have to put more than 50 hours at work
Fun working with co-workers
Pros
power indstry
Cons
health care, communication