PPD (Pharmaceutical Product Development, Inc.)

PPD (Pharmaceutical Product Development, Inc.) Employer Reviews

Strong company with management issues
Safety Specialist (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCOctober 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, co-workers, it support
Cons: work/life balance, management
This is a strong company with integrity that continues to improve and expand. In the past few years, the focus on personnel has changed from being personal to production based. Additionally, production expectation has skyrocketed while continued perfection in quality is maintained. Thus, meeting timelines is quite stressful and work/life balance has – more... increasingly been dominated by work into the evenings and on the weekends. This is a sad change from the department atmosphere where employees and management had time for socialization to improve team and department attitudes, share work ideas, and improve work performance.
My experience with management was plagued with poor mentorship, lack of assistance for advancement, and finally, misguidedly pre-judged into a specific category. There are excellent managers in our department. Unfortunately, I was not assigned to one.
PPD offers a variety of activities for employees and many self improvement classes for those who have the time to take advantage of them.
Finally, I had several awesome co-workers/team members who willingly shared others workload and were always available to discuss problem issues. Unfortunately, there are many others who will "throw you under the bus" to appear more efficient and impress management. This is par in most companies now and a sad reflection of job performance evaluations. – less
Very Productive and a Nice Place to work
Senior Data Processing Technician (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCOctober 9, 2014
Pros: very flexible
Cons: no cons
PPD is a very nice place to work. EMployees worked well together to meet deadline, and production.
Great Entry Level Job
Project Assistant (Current Employee), Blue Bell, PASeptember 14, 2014
Great for entry level work; great management; great work environment; LOTS of work
Worst place I have worked in my nursing career
Consultant nurse (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: not required to work on weekends or take call.
Cons: poor management, micro-managed by inexperienced people, no opportunity for career advancement, low pay scale, required to work overtime every 2 weeks
I left a job after 31 years to come here as well as took a huge cut in pay Biggest career mistake I have ever made.
I did not stay here a whole year.
The management was horrible to me as well as select other employees.
My coworkers were great and very helpful but that is where it stopped. I couldn't wait to get out the door and never look back!
PPD has really grown since I joined in 1997.
Pharmaceutical Product Development Wilmington (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCSeptember 2, 2014
Great Company to work for in today's enviroment. I am responsible for 25 million in Air travel. This job presents a new challenge everday. Our online booking system is used throughout Norh America and Canada and my office is responsible for its fulfillment requirements. We never have a dull moment.
Productive and career driven place
Research Coordination Specialist (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 27, 2014
PPD Inc. is a great company to work for and i enjoyed it. I believe it is time to move on and work in a different career path.
Good place to work but pay is below average
Pharmaceutical Product Development (Current Employee), Middleton, WIAugust 20, 2014
Pros: flexibility, paid time off, learning/experience opportunities, friendly
Cons: low wages
The work environment is friendly and professional. The work/life balance was poor in the last few years (2010-2013) but is improving. The hours are super flexible and the vacation time is very good. The benefits are probably average, but the wages are below average.
Good money and meaningful work
Pharmaceutical Product Development, Phase I (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 3, 2014
Fresh out of college, I've found this place pretty nice overall. The work if important, as it effects the outcome of clinical studies conducted by pharma companies worldwide. Consequently, the pay isn't bad either. For most entry level positions, it can be very monotonous, and in shipping there is a slight atmosphere of aggression, but it's worth it.
after 10 years my department was sent off-shore
Senior Coding Specialist (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCJuly 29, 2014
I loved working on new medications and devices. I worked long days but enjoyed what did and received wonderful reviews
average to work
Principal CRA (Contract) (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 8, 2014
good training
not very good supervisors
work not appreciated
Comfortable professional atmosphere.
Support Services Technician (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCJune 11, 2014
My view of working at PPD is that there's a lot of collaberating and team work in the department that I was in. Everyone communicated well with one another in order to complete the daily tasks. In addition I noticed that they kept their staff trained properly. The department I was in we very well organized in who doing what with the amount of work that – more... was present every morning. They have a cafe whice was great, I really didn't have to run out for lunch much. The parking was great as well, plenty of room for employees to park. The pay just wasn't that great. – less
Innovative Technology Limited Funding
Business Systems Analyst II (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCJune 11, 2014
Pros: good benefits, management with open door policy and flexible work location
Cons: limited budgets for projects and lack of internal promotions
While the innovation culture thrives the funding to follow through with ideas has become rather limited. I prefer a work environment where skills are leveraged and employees are challenged. I believe culture that is open new ideas strengthens the employees and the company.
Great co-workers
Sr. Document Tech (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCJune 10, 2014
Good people to work with and a good environment. You can get your work done in a timely manner.
great opportunity
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCJune 4, 2014
Pros: flexiblity to work from home, parking garage, fitness center, supporting different departments
Cons: temporary assignment and no benefits
I have been in this position for 6-months and have had the opportunity to support 3 very different executves, as well as working with other executive assistants and meeting several amazing and talented individuals.

Being in the small town of Wilmington and able to work within the CRO environment has given me a totally new window to the world. This – more... is completely outside of my previous work experience that revolved around supporting DOD contractors.

All my time here as been a great learning experience and I'm thankful for the opportunity. – less
Decent
Commercial Coordinator- Contracts & Proposals (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCMay 23, 2014
A lovely place to eat, but the kitchen is rather demanding. All the managers are career restaurateurs.
Not a long term job
Associate Scientist (Current Employee), Wayne, PAMay 21, 2014
Pros: nice people, fun events, good location
Cons: not a lot of opportunities for advancement
Not a lot of opportunities for advancement or career growth.
Productive and a good atmosphere to work
Publishing Specialist (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCMay 12, 2014
I'm able to keep busy in this environment, but everyday is a new challenge. I've been able to expand my document publishing skillset.
PPD was a learning and fun experience.
Records Management Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCMay 4, 2014
Pros: spring fling, christmas parties and ice cream socials
Cons: when work would sommetimes get backed-up.
Enjoyed every moment of the ten years working at PPD.
Relationships with co-workers was like family.
We learned to work as a team. If work backed-up, we worked together to ensure the task was completed in a timely fashion, in doing so everyone was very pleased.
High pace and productive call center
Sr. Business Support Analyst (Former Employee), Durham, NCMay 2, 2014
Pros: work life balance and friendly working environment
Cons: compensation
Evaluations and problem investigation. Work closely with colleagues to try and identify data related problems and solve them. Conduct research and collect data which will help in continual product development that will meet client needs. Ensuring high quality data is collected and integrity of the data. Processing of data and coming up with reports – more... on various projects. Analysis of information using various statistical methods, trying to see patterns in data. Conceptualization of data and sharing this knowledge through effective presentation of the data output with the rest of your team. Developing and preparing information products to be used by the organization. Database design, security, data storage and management. Upgrading of database systems to meet the needs in the market. Ensuring smooth and proper running of database. Assisting in the marketing of products and working in close liaison with the marketing department – less
Don.t work there unless your homeless
Senior Scientist (Former Employee), Middleton, WIMay 2, 2014
Cons: long hours and no appreciation
Mmanagement has no science background and clueless. They expect you to work long hours and holidays

1 2 3 4 5

About PPD (Pharmaceutical Product Development, Inc.)

PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing drug discovery, development, lifecycle management and laboratory – Read more