PPD Employee Reviews in United States

Project Assistant
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 8, 2016
I was hired by PPD as a Project Assistant. I passed the drug screen and background check and was given a start date. I worked out a 2 week notice with my employer. I was supposed to start PPD on Monday, they called me on Friday saying that my start date had been delayed. They ended up delaying my start date for 3 weeks before they decided to tell me that the position had been cancelled. I have now been out of work for a month, with no other job prospects. I'm a single mother with a 2 year old. PPD apologizes for the inconvenience and will keep me in mind for any future openings positions. Great.
Pros
People in Recruiting and HR very nice and helpful.
Cons
Large company, could care less for individual employees
Nice Place to work
Pharmaceutical Product Development (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 28, 2016
 Responsible for business analysis, requirement specifications, project planning and identifying the resources and implementation of the project.
 Created complete test cases of varying complexity, executing tests, measuring expected and actual results, and reported status ensuring accurate coverage of requirements
 Set up test requirements, developed test plans, and documented manual test cases using Quality Center requirements module.
 Assisted staff by sitting with patients, answering call lights, obtaining funeral arrangement information from families and delivering/restocking supplies.
Unorganized
Metrologist - Instrument Validation (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAJuly 18, 2016
Was Called for a interview and waited by the front entrance door for 30 minutes but still No one showed up. Calledthe hiring manager and also the HR rep that scheduled the interview but no one picked up their phones and called backed the next day to see what happened but never received a call after that. Waste for time and effort for a company or employees that doesn't know how to treat people.
Associate Tax Accountant
Corporate Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 1, 2016
Terrible work life balance, no time off approved, expected to be on call 24/7 and drop whatever you are doing with no incentives and less than competitive pay. Overall I would not take this position unless you are just out of school and looking to get a year of experience under your belt and then move somewhere else.
Pros
Cons
No work life balance, on call 24/7, overworked and underpaid, 70-80 hour work week
Cut throat environment, Phony staff, Managment are bullies
Nurse Consultant (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMarch 17, 2016
On the surface this job looks like it is great opportunity. You soon realize that management supports a bullying culture and will get rid of you if you challenge their authority in ANY way.

I would not recommended this job if you are not a conformist. You will stick out like a sore thumb!!
Pros
Holiday parties
Cons
Management is not supportive and does not welcome suggestions, rigid work environment
Fun, but not much growth
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Highland Heights, KYMarch 24, 2016
The place is a hoot for sure! You have a wide variety of people and many laughs are shared throughout the day, however you will find that the option to grow is stifled very heavily. As a college student and one looking to find a company that I can truly grow in, I would not recommend it to anyone looking for much more than a means to pay bills as they seek something more.
Look elsewhere
Operations Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 22, 2016
Poor training and poor management. Enough said. If you do not wish to put everything you are into a job; all your effort, attention, dedication and sacrifice, only to be treated like a disposable, insignificant nobody, then do not even look at PPD. PPD will not demonstrate any commitment to you as an employee; they will not respect you as an individual, nor as a productive contributor to their business. Please do not take my word for it; their extremely high turnover rates are more than enough evidence of this. PPD has downsized it's entire Austin, TX finance division, leaving uncountable individuals out of work and their Wilmington, NC office has replaced nearly every face in finance. PPD is a revolving door of employment. If you are truly looking for a sound, solid company that will appreciate your dedication, hard work and attention to detail, look elsewhere; PPD is not what you are looking for.
Pros
None of any significance.
Cons
Too many to state.
Happy Ready to Learn and Adapt to New Opportunities
Safety Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMay 30, 2016
On my recent job I worked more on target each day. We were expected to meet the metrics assigned to us as a team and as individuals. We worked as a team making sure that we complete all our metrics.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
short term contract
Just OK...
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIJanuary 21, 2016
Worked here for over 3 years. Management doesn't really support employees. Employees are expected to work long hours and weekends. Limited resources but the expectation is to output more. On-boarding and training new employees needs to be improved. There is a lot of favoritism from upper management.
Pros
Flexible hours, good benefits
Cons
Expectation to work long hours and weekends, favoritism from upper managment, training is lacking
It is a very educational job if you are willing to lose your home life
Research Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 4, 2016
It is a very educational job if you are willing to lose your home life. The company teaches you a lot but the deadlines are very hard to complete if you have a life outside of work.
Couldn't have found a better place to work and learn
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 13, 2016
From the first point of contact with PPD until now as an employee, I have not had a disappointing experience. This is a wonderful place to work. I am able to communicate well with co-workers and te environment is stellar. PPD does an excellent job of making our work experience an enjoyable one. I can't see myself working anywhere else.
unorganized
Site Payment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 6, 2016
the company is well known for benefits / the training was unstructured and management lacked skills needed to follow up on ensuring success with the company. Workload is to great on employees tasked to train. The company needs to implement actual training program.
Pros
work from home
Cons
training is extremly lacking
Engaging
Principle QA Auditor (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PAMarch 22, 2016
I've consistently had the opportunities for personal and professional growth and development. I'm able to be engaged and work with great coworkers.
Pros
The number of opportunities for personal and professional growth and development.
Cons
relocation
Very informative company.
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2016
I enjoyed my initial exposure to clinical research through PPD. Awesome management and staff. Would return back. Started as a research technician then coordinator.
What I enjoy about my current job
Senior PVG Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 23, 2016
I enjoy being able to interact with both management and staff. Helping new employees to adjust to PPD and assisting staff/management with setting up training curriculums and other organizational forms and systems to help them keep training documentation current.
Pros
co-workers
Fun work culture, but stressful timelines
Associate Scientist (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIApril 3, 2016
Best part about the job is working with other recent college grads. The work is manageable but highly variable as a contract lab.
Pros
Great culture, flexible hours, casual dress
Cons
high stress
Productive Company
Nuse Consultant Post Market Clinical Research (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMarch 8, 2016
Productive company, flexible schedule but changes week to week. Excellent place to work if you are tired of floor nursing
Pros
free lunch, flexible schedule
Cons
not a set schedule, changes week to week
PPD is slowly moving jobs out of Austin to Wilmington, UK and abroad in a human asset cost cutting strategy.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 21, 2016
My immediate manager and director were great and I respect them greatly. My co-workers were likewise wonderful and there was a strong feeling of comradery. The director tried very hard to make sure we all went out for a monthly team building afternoon to help us all decompress from the work demands The hours were long, sometimes exceeding 60 hours of unpaid OT, because the financial systems were old, didn't speak to each other and lacked automation. This caused massive manual work.

As PPD grew by acquisition it became evident to sr. management that standardizing financial reporting under one system was absolutely necessary. However, the implementation was poorly executed and the high workload continued. PPD hired some new sr. operational people and it looks likes they will be able to pull it all together.
Pros
Good co-corkers, nice offices, treated you as adults
Cons
Old manual financial systems. Stuck in the "that's the way we do it" rut, unsympathetic to newer people with process improvement ideas.
Fun and enjoyable place to work
Internal Audit Intern/Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 9, 2016
Loved the people I worked with. Everyone on the Audit team got along extremely well, and there was a sense of respect among all of the Internal Auditors.
Pros
Comraderie
Cons
Soul sucking black hole of despair. Don't do it.
Assistant Scientist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 17, 2015
On the surface, PPD seems like a good idea. So did getting on the titanic, and look what happened there... PPD employee morale is low, pay is way below average, and while they may say you have room for advancement, it's really a joke. Comparing pay with similar jobs, they pay less. Benefits are okay. I'm only here out of desperation.
There is a good side, the people are nice... to your face. If you went to college, just know by working here, you waste your degree to live off ramen to pay back loans making what you could at McDonalds.
Pros
People, experience, work life balance
Cons
No advancing, little to nothing in terms of pay