PPD Employee Reviews

Work Life Balance Oriented
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAAugust 17, 2017
Work Life Balance Oriented. Relaxed atmosphere. Ability to grow and learn new things. A sense of community. Flexible. Science driven. Emphasis on culture.
Great Stepping Stone
Associate Quality Control Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIAugust 17, 2017
Right out of school this is a great place to work. Competitive wages, at least initially, and a build yourself up atmosphere. Typically small group environment work is allocated to new employees.
Great job out of college
Assistant Scientist (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIAugust 14, 2017
PPD provides excellent hands experience and opportunities for a scientist out of college; there are lots of techniques, instruments, and skills to learn. The people and work environment are great. The opportunities to move up in the company are there but are often based on tenure rather than merit. Management can have a disconnect with technical employees, but issues can often be resolved quickly.
Pros
Good work life balance. No forced overtime
Cons
Takes a long time to move up in company. Pay is below industry average
Good entry level jobs but better opportunity elsewhere to advance
Quality Assurance Auditor II (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WI 53562August 14, 2017
Work life balance suffers for employees in an effort to meet business goals. There is a strong reactionary management culture and business decisions are based on the bottom line not sustainability. Advancement is slow and does match pace with job performance expectations. A one size fits all corporate culture excludes smaller divisions within the company making it difficult to enact change.
Pros
PTO and Benefits
Cons
Salary, work life balance, advancement, and performance management
Good place to work in general. Fast-paced, good tools and training. Knowledgeable personnel.
Proposal Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 10, 2017
I would work here again. A few difficult personnel and managers to work with, but overall good people. Many experts in their individual fields. A growing company, with apparent solid strategy.
Good
Research Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 9, 2017
Working here was good however the hours varied greatly. Sometimes there were weeks were no work was assigned for per diem employees. Management could use some improvement.
Micro managed place to work.
Medical Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 5, 2017
As a medical communications specialist the day is very busy and very stressful. For the most part it was a pleasant place to work.
I learned that you can't ask too many questions to make sure that you are providing the right information or documenting the right information. The hardest part of the job was answering calls back to back to back. The most enjoyable part of the job was have holiday parties and receiving bonuses if you qualify.
Pros
Bonuses and parties
Cons
Short breaks and lunches.
Working towards a better tomorrow.
Measurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 3, 2017
The pace of change left something to be desired. The time spent to go from start of a project, to actual work seemed to be one of the biggest challenges.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
Hurry up and wait.
Productive place of work but stressful
Clinical Data Manager I (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 2, 2017
PPD kept you busy which is a good thing however at times it was a little too busy to where it became stressful. I would work there again as long as the workload didn't increase to a ridiculous amount.
good training on all topics
principal programmer analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 28, 2017
PPD provide full service, so a very good starting place to get job training and project management skills. Also, the company developed tools to easy the job, and very strong and supportative Subject Matter Experts and IT support. Company provides a lot training and many rules to follow, keep changing and never rest.
Not a bad place
Seasonal Help (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 25, 2017
It's not a horrible place to work. I enjoyed what I did, just wish I got paid more for it (through a temp agency, its only 10 an hour vs 12.50 an hour)
A typical day at work
Senior Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 24, 2017
• Provide monitoring visits and site management for a variety of protocols that are complex and/or require knowledge in advanced therapeutic areas
• Administer protocol and related study training to assigned sites and establish regular lines of communication with sites to manage ongoing project expectations and issues
• Evaluate the quality and integrity of study site practices related to the proper conduct of the protocol and adherence to applicable regulations. Escalate quality issues to Clinical Team Lead (CTL) and/or line manager.
• Manage the progress of assigned studies by tracking regulatory submissions and approvals, recruitment and enrollment, case report form (CRF) completion and submission, and data query generation and resolution
• Create and maintain appropriate documentation regarding site management, monitoring visit findings and action plans by submitting regular visit reports and other required study documentation • Act as a mentor for new clinical staff and may provide assistance to the CTL as designated.
Pros
Great Salary
Cons
Work Life Balance
Typical Corporate America Company
Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 19, 2017
Was my first job out of college. It was a great stepping stone. Salary and benefits were average. Ability to grow rapidly and move up the ladder was difficult.
Lots of parties
RA 1 (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJuly 19, 2017
There were holiday parties, parties at Mermaid golf club, and these interesting carnivals during the work day. I lived close by. Paid training in Wilmington, NC.
Pros
Cons
few raises, so much turnover if you weren't in management.
Terrible managers and support
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 17, 2017
I have never held a more stressful position in my life. I worked over 70 hour weeks sometimes and when I took time off, I rarely actually took time off. My managers were not supportive nor did they take the time to analyze my work load. My hourly rate was barely enough to live on and I eventually left for another position elsewhere.
Pros
Good resume builder
Cons
No work/life balance with hardly any pay increases/ movement upwards.
Hard to have a platform for change and improvement at mangaement level
Executive Medical Director (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 14, 2017
I realized the leadership was going in a different direction, and I am interested in working in a more collaborative environment. It has a good mission for the company as a whole but departmental changes and corporate restructuring have made it difficult for me to achieve my goals for the position and the company as a whole.
Good work place
Consultant Nurse (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 13, 2017
Fast paced work environment. Good staff support; pleasant work environment; learned a great deal about team work; accuracy expectations were clear and well organized.
Great work, very bad management
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mexico CityJuly 11, 2017
Great benefits and compensations, but management is terrible, they do not value the efforts of new employees and prefer to get rid of them to cover up the errors and continued delays of other managers, making the new employees being responsible for them. So sad they prefer to cover their facebook pals instead of focusing in their jobs.
Pros
Great benefits, flexible working hours
Cons
Line managers cover each other and blame new employees
Productive and fun place to work
RN Consultant (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 8, 2017
I have learned something new everyday at work. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that you work with. Management is smart, caring and have lots of experience.
Benefits
Cons
Only viable if you live with your parents
Research Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 4, 2017
If you're hired as a part time lab tech with PPD, at times you'll work 36 hours a weeks and other weeks you'll work 10. Yes, 10. And they schedule you each Friday for the following week and don't respect it when you put in a form not to be scheduled at a specific time because the "lab scheduler" only got her job because of her relation to the boss.
Pros
gym
Cons
Unlivable Salary, poor work environment, inconsistent hours, last minute scheduling, nepotism