PPG Industries Employee Reviews

Productive, fun, friendly workplace
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 20, 2017
One of the greatest places I've ever worked. Friendly, caring, and passionate people who love their job. They are very understanding and compassionate and also know how to have fun.
Great workplace
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Allison Park, PASeptember 18, 2017
The managers were great, and they worked very well with everyone to explain what was expected. They were also very hands on and present in the laboratory
Very good pay and benefits but problems are lurking......
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 15, 2017
As an operator you are paid very well and have great benefits. We used to have a lot of fun just talking and laughing in then control room when there was no work outside but then something changed a few years ago. A LARGE division rose up between some of the white operators and African American operators. It was very uncomfortable. I decided I did not care to work there any longer so I left after almost 20 years.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Personality Conflicts and Racism
Good environment, smart leads, very fair manager.
Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CASeptember 14, 2017
I would love to return to PPG, chill environment, face work pace, no racial problems, just wonderful especially for your first job. I would recommend this job to many of my friends.
Ppg
Plant Fixed Assets Accountant (Former Employee) –  Crestline, OHSeptember 8, 2017
PPG was a fantastic company to work for. They were very progressive and provided me with tremendous opportunities to advance my career. Their benefits were excellent.
Very trusting Management
Account Receivable Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Canada and Cary NCSeptember 8, 2017
I can't speak for the whole company but my manager is one of the best. He never micromanages and believes in you. He wouldn't ask you a thing as long as you are doing your job.
Good
Glass Worker (Former Employee) –  Creighton, PASeptember 8, 2017
PPG was a decent place to work. It was relatively clean and the work was not that demanding. There were different expectations for different people. This did not matter to me, because I went there to work. I am not and have never ben afraid to work.
Pros
Casual environment.
Cons
Squeaky wheel would always get the grease.
Bad hours, bad management, bad co workers, bad training.
Coater processor (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PASeptember 6, 2017
Bad hours, every week you're on a different schedule. Generally supposed to work an 8 hour shift but nobody shows up and calls off so you're forced to work 16 hour shifts to cover. Management is bad, they never come around, when they do and you express an issue, they take days to get back to you or flat out forget and it goes unsolved. Co workers regularly disappear and leave you stranded to do multiple people's jobs at once with no discipline for it. The training is by far the worst, I was put in one spot then moved two days after and then put back on the previous spot by my self with no help.
Pros
Two paid 30 minute breaks.
Cons
Bad hours, no care for employee happiness, often doing multiple jobs at once.
No Job Security
Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 6, 2017
Helped to pull the store out from the swamp when my previous manager was fired. Was never offered the opportunity to go for manager training, yet they fired me for not having it and put someone in my place who barely knows how to run the computer system, let alone run a store. If you want constant paranoia of losing your job, like constantly being told you're not good enough, and like working long hours for horrible pay, this job's for you.
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
Corporate knows nothing of the little man, constant worry of being fired, playing favorites
Horrible management, decent coworkers
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Allison Park, PASeptember 5, 2017
Never stop searching for a new job, even if you have just started. Management restricts advancement and career changes. Raises are below inflation and vacation time is scarce until 10 years of working.

Contractors are still used as lab technicians and chemists without any guarantee of being hired at all. In fact, management will strongly prefer to keep a contractor in his/her place and to find a more 'perfect' candidate when hiring.
Pros
Cons
Awful management, low vacation, low raises
Wasn't as great as I wanted it to be
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 4, 2017
Not the best experience I've had in retail. If you enjoy heavy workloads for lesser pay, than this job is the one for you. It had some good moments, but overall wasn't the place for me.
Pros
Great staff and management
Cons
Constant bombardments of work
Read my review
Drexel Fork Lift Driver / Shipping & Receiving (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WISeptember 2, 2017
Driving my fork lift, putting material in,or out of storage racks.
How to solve different problems that came up.
Management was good.
Nice place to work.
Orders being requested at the last minute.
Co-workers.
Pros
breaks
Cons
Na
Most employees in a state of paranoia
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHSeptember 1, 2017
A culture of always fearing the future of one's job. They don't promote from within. They bring in outsiders who don't know the business and plop them into management positions. Insane.
Pros
Always looking for ways to improve
Cons
Employees bitter, paranoid, always allot of gossip and backstabbing
Under paid, under appreciated, long hours, horrible support from corporate and management.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 22, 2017
I was a Territory Manager on the Lowe's side. Regional Manager was useless. His way or no way. Arrogant, numbers man. Zero support from corporate. They claim they support us, but don't. Horrible pay. 34K for 45 hours a week. Must work 30 Saturday's a year. Raises are less than 10 cents a year. Company doesn't match 401k for 5 years. Company and managers micromanage your every move. Management is very vindictive. Company out of touch with employees. Just care about Almighty dollar. Run for your life and don't look back.
Pros
Hmmmm, None
Cons
Everything about this company
I didn't feel safe
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXAugust 21, 2017
I didn't feel safe at all there .I jus wanna feel safe and comfortable n all work environments management didn't. Care bout the work space needs work.
Pros
More food choices
Cons
Better management
see below
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 19, 2017
A typical work day staying to my self waiting on assignment I learn the SAP system the hardest part was pulling order the best part was going home. I enjoyed the hours work was enjoyable
Pros
i like working with co worker
Cons
the hours was very esirable
Fast paces
Foreman Operator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCAugust 17, 2017
I learned every job in that place but made the same pay as a new hire learning just one job after their 2 year top pay. No advancement at all. Plan to get covered in fiberglass if you can't hand wind.
Pros
Pays decent, 4 paid breaks
Cons
Management, taking fiberglass home with you
unless you like being treated like a slave do not work here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wright, KYAugust 16, 2017
they take full advantage of you. as soon as you start working there they pretty much throw you to the wolves. when you are trained, you are trained by someone who doesnt really know what they are doing either.
quick job
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 11, 2017
Very nice manager, lacks in supervisors being professional. Very rude people, always drama, and the head manage is very rude to everyone. It's like you signed up for High school all over again.
Pros
great money
Cons
terrible hours
Very fair and unbiased and fun environment
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Perry, GAAugust 10, 2017
Worked well with other employees. Excellent supervisor and management. Fun and fair environment, all employees treated the same and with respect. Good company.
Pros
Fun and safe work place
Cons
rotating shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PPG Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval