PPG Industries

PPG Industries Employee Reviews

Challenging work
Product Stewardship Specialist (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Safety and ethics are emphasized.
The work here is challenging, but there are few opportunities to be hired on. I would like a full time position with benefits after my contract is finished.
Gratifiying
Paint Processor I & II (Former Employee), Oak Creek, WIJuly 21, 2015
Gratifying knowing that automotive coating that you made and filled for shipment will be on a car or truck in the near future.
Solid Company to work for
manager (Current Employee), cincinnati ohioJuly 21, 2015
You can get great management experience here. Not the type of environment I would like to stay in for long term but the experience is valuable.
Skill Developing and Productive Work Enviornment
Production Aluminum Bonding Operator (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Recognition Program, Skill Development
Cons: No Advancement Opportunities
Since starting with PPG Industries 13 years ago I've handled a number of responsibilities. My typical workday consists of weighing and measuring raw materials, loading raw materials into the mixer according to the batch formula specifications, discharging the batch and transporting it to the extruder to disburse the color in a heating and cooling system. Working in this environment has developed my time management skills. I have learned from my management team the importance of preparation through a Lean program they have implemented for more successful productivity. I have also learned the importance of developing relationships with my co-workers to obtain and positive and fun work atmosphere; which I consider to be the most enjoyable part of the job.
Was a nice place to work, good hours
Direct Draw (Former Employee), Shelby, NCJuly 19, 2015
I learned a lot about fiberglass, and the hours were great with four days on and four days off. I also got all the overtime I wanted.
Overall Great Company
STORE ASSOCIATE/ DELIVERY DRIVER (Current Employee), Citrus Heights Ca.July 10, 2015
Pros: Great customers service from all employees.
Cons: No benefits for part time employees. I need a full time position
My mornings start early which works out just fine for me being a morning person, I come in i greet my co-workers with a smile in my voice which i think it makes for a great start to any day. I prioritize me work load and my day begins. i love working with my co-workers and getting the job done in a timely manner because for me time management is a key part in getting my job done timely and safely with safety being first. There is no hard part to my job, for me just getting the job done by all means is the most important part.The most enjoyable part of job is customer satisfaction.
Productive Workplace
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 8, 2015
Good work place, everyone worked well with each other. Boss was very helpful, when learning how things work. Co-workers were also helpful and welcoming.
Great Place with great people
Regional Sales Manager/Lowe's Team (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Pay
Great place with great people. Small company expertly run by experienced managment team with over 60 years combined experience. Solid engineering group with senior outside sales staff
Overall not a bad company to work for.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), PA territoryJuly 6, 2015
Pros: A good company to work for
Cons: They do not allow much time to spend with ones family
Very educational. This company will send anyone to school to further their education. They had a complete line of coatings available for most of the coating industry.
OK
Control Store Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 5, 2015
Managed operations of 7 company owned retail/contractor stores. Enjoyed training associates and watching them grow and succeed in their roles.
Well known throughout Pittsburgh
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Allison Park, PAJuly 2, 2015
Cons: They keep their employees as outside contractors
I enjoy working at PPG they play a great role throughout the Pittsburgh area. They are extremely dedicated to their charitable activities and contributions. Although I don't mind working for them as an outside contractor, I would like the opportunity to actually be a full time PPG employee, they seem to hire most of their employees on this basis. It is difficult to fully appreciate your position when you are not confident that you have job security.
Paint processing and team work
Labor Pool/Paint Processor (Former Employee), Oak Creek, WIJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Break and luch scheduales and time
Cons: Smell and fear of an explosion
Get Dress at work in uniform meet with supervisor get assignment for day.
How to mix chemicals to make paint, mill paint ,pour into containers, operate forklifts and power hand trucks
Not much I can say about management.
Coworkers work together as a team
Getting management to get us the things we needed to complete assignments on time
Mixing and milling
not a good place to work.work conditions poor.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Alexander, ARJuly 1, 2015
maintenance on all types of equipment learned about different types of equipment management just wanted you to get the job done co-workers were great hardest part was the heat and cold not alot of enjoyable times
Challenging and Exciting
Divisional Sales Manager - National Accounts (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 27, 2015
Pros: Large Company wiht multipel resources
Cons: Selling thorugh a large retailer
Manage the sales activities for sales representatives for 32 states
Great learning experience for managing multiple people in multiple time zones
Great management team to work with
Excellent support team around me
Most difficult task.... selling through a large retailer
Best Part... Team Success and seeing my sales people learn
Productive work environment for those who do not have mandoratory bills
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJune 25, 2015
Pros: I had a job
Cons: Too many early days
A typical day at work for me started every morning about 6:30am, we would a safety meeting to discuss safety issues or concerns about the day before. I would then go to my work area and prepare my work area so that I may begin working. My job was to inspect the recliner brackets for defects. I would make sure there was no weld splatters, high welds, low welds, weld porosities, etc. I would take a 15 minute break at about 8, I would use that time to use the restroom or get something to drink if I needed to. I would take a lunch break about 10:30am and it was 45 minutes. After lunch I would work on and complete the rest of my work by 2:15pm so that I may have time to clean my work area thoroughly before getting off at 2:45pm.

I have learned how the thoroughly observe and check materials for defects while working for PPG. The management staff that was over me was very unorganized and didn't know much about the job as I did. My co-workers was ok but the management tried to turn us against one another to save their jobs. The hardest part of my job was not getting the hours I would have like to have gotten. The most enjoyable part of the job was to interact with people of different ethnicities while completing my daily tasks that was required of me.
Great company that supports employees
Hazardous Waste Technician (Current Employee), Lima, OHJune 24, 2015
Pros: Supportive management
Cons: Healthcare costs
Management was very supportive and flexible as I attended college for my degree. Showed interest and support for my goals and desires on both professional and personal levels.
fast work place
Production/Forklift Driver (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJune 18, 2015
Pros: 30 min lunch
fun work place time goes by fast good employees great management alot of overtime if needed you do different things and your always moving around
Lab Setting
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Cheswick, PAJune 16, 2015
Allowed me to work in a real world lab setting and improve upon lab skills learned in college. Learned a variety of tests required for the job and learned OSHA standards.
Territory Manager
Territory Manager-Menards (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 12, 2015
Pros: Company car, cell phone, I pad
PPG could be an incredible company to work for, in my division I have had the opportunity to meet great people in my clients business. There is always something to do, and at the end of the day you can derive personal satisfaction from the work you do
DIRECTOR HEALTH SERVICES (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 1, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Position relocated to Pittsburgh, PA from Louisville, KY
PPG Industries values individual contributions to the overall success of their business. I enjoyed much professional growth during my tenure with this company.