PPG Industries Employee Reviews

Good place to work, and raise a family. Put three kids thru college.
Dock scheduler (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PASeptember 17, 2016
i workedf first 8 years in production next 36 years in the Shipping department of which the last 12 years I was the dock scheduler (Scheduled trucks for loading, approximately 150 loads per week)
not training new employees correctly,communication is bad
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mt. Holly Springs, PAJune 19, 2016
There is no communication,management does not communicate with the supervisors/employees.I learn how to supervise more than 30+employees,co-workers were great we worked with each other to get the job done.Working 7days a week onto of swing shift.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
swing shift and 7 days a week
Worst management, worst sociopath humans in management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 18, 2016
If you are thinking about working here save yourself from pain.
The Los Angeles district is managed by the worst management I've come across in the paint industry. The guy who interviewed me actually lied to me about his experience and I found out he had a criminal background when I did my due diligence.

These two jokers running the LA district are going to run the business straight into the ground. Its a cradle of nepotism and backstabbing from the interviews I've done with the long time store managers.

They make great products but I would not take a job here unless you want to unemployed in 6 months.
very productive and fast paced
sepherion staffing (Former Employee) –  trademark reno nvOctober 19, 2016
we all started the day with a good morning stretch and then proceed with our daily duties that have been assigned to us through the work day. The supervisors were always friendly and professional.
Productive work.
OHPA Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJune 17, 2016
Overall PPG was one of the best places I have ever worked. The demands were boundless but the management valued my input and put into action multiple plans/protocols I had suggested. The quarterly meetings that showed the efficiency of the work we were doing and the amount of profit our division contributed made me feel important to the company success. Weekly meeting to discuss issues with training session that were free to partake in made working their pleasant. The hardest part of my job working in a clean room, was the high temperatures and getting use to the fast paced work involving material coming in to the lab and meeting shipping dead lines for products. I learned a lot about vacuum systems and different types of products and what devices these products are used for.
Pros
Free lunches, Safety training's, discount with a PPG ID.
Cons
Very loud, materials stain clothing.
great company i learnd alot there
Transparency machinist (Former Employee) –  Sylmar, CASeptember 5, 2016
Good company good people short lunch my only complaint.managment is great they will always give you training if you ask for it work tools are the best quality just a great place to work.
Highly competitive envionment, very educational and great learning instituition
Technical Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 24, 2016
Problem solving and troubleshooting paint process. Most of the concepts learned in the chemical engineering program I was able to apply to real circumstances in problem solving at Jefferson North Assembly Plant Paint Department
Very Unorganized
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bremen, GANovember 18, 2016
Chaos! Management doesn't know anything day to day. Calls in the middle of the night. No benefits offered. There is no job security because everyone is fair game to the lies.
Hot place to work
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCNovember 20, 2016
You make good money but working 12 hour swing shifts is hard on your body. PPG is a hot, hot environment to work in. Working with fiberglass is hard to adjust to, you itch all the time.
very dangerous chemicals.
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CAAugust 24, 2016
Had to deal with very dangerous chemicals. Lots of walking. Cameras everywhere so be careful they get you for anything. The management has changed recently so I might gotten better for the employees.
Good people
Account Development Manager - Maintenance (Current Employee) –  NebraskaSeptember 12, 2016
The people working here were great. I just wanted more responsibility and with the department being moved, my position was being changed with it.
Pros
people
Cons
advancement
Fiberglass Industry
Fixer (Current Employee) –  Shelby, NCJuly 23, 2016
Long-term employment opportunity with this company. Advancements within the company are available if interested.
12-hour rotating shifts are expected.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Pay and benefits not competitive
Overall good place to work
Dispersion Engineer - Color Platform (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 3, 2016
Overall good place to work with good people. Benefits are good, and opportunity to advance, and opportunity to move within the company.
Fun Company
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 11, 2016
PPG is a great place to work. It is fairly laid-back and easy to get along with co-workers. The company is successful, steady, and continuing to grow! I would call this a "cake job."
Pros
Flexible schedule, easy work, good people
Cons
Raises are small
work was ok politics of this job was backbreaking
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  boston massApril 4, 2016
typical day was always reaction never worked for a company that let things slide till last moment at expense of customers and then played the blame game.no one in management on above can possibly have a mirror in the house/apt cause they cannot feel good about who,s looking back
Pros
pay was adequate-previous paint company, s were ok PPG sucked
Cons
double standards-lack off stones from upper managemen
Great company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 6, 2016
Great opportunities and a professional place to work - decent understanding managers and oftentimes a relaxed environment which helped the sales reps get more done
Pros
great teamwork generated
Cons
health care is expensive
Good job, not for me.
Applications Team Intern (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 1, 2016
PPG is an excellent place for anyone interested in chemical engineering and paint. I always felt like a necessary member of the team and my coworkers were very welcoming and hopeful of my future advancement in the company. The hardest part of the job is waiting for everything to go through processes.
fun workplace and great place to grow
inventory lead (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 15, 2016
Productive and a great place to grow very friendly environment and a great place to learn has a great potential for advancement
I did not like it
ANALYTICAL CHEMIST/LAB TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 31, 2016
I DID NOT CARE FOR IT. All I did was spray panels boring. tbhewhiohjeriohtreiowhyerjhgknkerjngkndgkvht834jt843ht843h8uyh395hreiugdjsnknmkjfdnmsklnkl43hijht48hugehughurghnunoqijhreiuthuhiqhjiqohjuiorehuir
Good company to work for
Senior Project Engineer, Electrical (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 18, 2016
Got exposure to state of the art technology and large projects that were both challenging and rewarding. Learned engineering skills, time management, team work and team building skills, power department operations, maintenance skills, control systems. The hardest part of the job was getting funding for repairs and enhancements because everyone else was in competition for the same monies. The most enjoyable part of the job was pulling together a diverse team of people and coordinating their efforts to achieve a timely, effective end result within budget constraints. The quality of the people we were able to work with was outstanding.
Pros
Company produces products that are beneficial to the society in general, and expects employees to work with a high level of integrity.
Cons
Money for projects is always a limiting factor, as with any business

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PPG Industries. Our community is ready to answer.