PPG Industries Employee Reviews

The PPG is stable.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, PRFebruary 27, 2017
The PPG has benefits. Excellent products . Trains employees and their work safety is very high. at this moment to grown in Puerto Rico and profiled to continue developing in the industry.
not a very clean place to work
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexander, ARJanuary 30, 2017
The job was not a hard job to do. there was no room for advancement within the company. wherever you started at is where you were.
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
very hot place to work in summer
Good Benefits - Bad Work / Life Balance
finance (Current Employee) –  Cranberry, PAAugust 5, 2016
Decent place to work depending on what area / manager you have. It seems to depend on who you know rather than what you know to be promoted. Pay and benefits are good but long hours and large workloads are typical.
Pros
Good Pay & Benefits
Cons
Long hours & little flexibilty depending on manager
Great work, but zero tolerance
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 7, 2017
The work is great, there is always something to do to burn the time. The employees you work with are great. They do classes every 2 weeks to keep us refreshed on procedures. The draw back is that you can get terminated for the simplest infraction. I was terminated for not locking the delivery drivers keys in the key lock box. I already put 2 chock block down on their wheels, pulled the air line and locked it,and secured the trailer with a giant trailer hook. keep in mind I already work 22 hours for the week and it was only 2 hours into Tuesday. Of course it was my fault I over looked the key box. lock out procedure for the inbound trailers are treat the same for lock out procedures on the production lines. All it took was this one time forgetting to lock they key box, after I already performed all the other safety procedures, to get me terminated, zero tolerance is no joke with this company.
Pros
great employees, overtime, free coffee, good pay, awesome paid vacations
Cons
No mercy for infractions, no correction except termination
Very poor Sales Manager
Porter Paints (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 5, 2017
Great company to work for, great benefit, upper management, where not trained, their training was the degree that got in collage, lots of head knowledge but nothing in the heart.
Busy ,Stressful with alot of Overtime. Good chance to advance with hard work.
ERU Specialist (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OHJanuary 22, 2017
Received my boilers license and developed my Mechanic Skills. This was also a chance to Advance my career with hard work and effort.
Shouldve never left
Customer Service Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 29, 2016
Everything about PPG was perfect at the time I was employed there. I know they have divested, so I'm not sure of the culture now, but it was a very nice place to work.
Place of work with a daily challenges
Senior Lean Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sylmar, CAJanuary 8, 2017
I worked with the people that were like my family. We worked together as a team and that was the key to our success. We supported each other in each task. Work together when the problem arise and trying to solve it as a team. I love the group of the people that i am working with. The hardest part of the gob was when we a part that had to be completed yesterday. Still our team try to finish it as fast and safe as possible sometime we worked 12 hrs shift !!
Pros
go out to lunch
Cons
not enough break or vacation time due to delivery schedule.
not training new employees correctly,communication is bad
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mt. Holly Springs, PAJune 19, 2016
There is no communication,management does not communicate with the supervisors/employees.I learn how to supervise more than 30+employees,co-workers were great we worked with each other to get the job done.Working 7days a week onto of swing shift.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
swing shift and 7 days a week
Great company
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Alexander, AR 72002December 7, 2016
This company has great incentives. And the management is good as well. They are very flexible with your schedule and the workload isn't overbearing at all. Overall best job I've had.
Nice place with a lot of annoying aspects
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHAugust 23, 2016
Most of the people you meet are very nice. The closer you get to management, the more you start to realize how much unnecessary drama there is. Everyone talks behind each others' backs. They will not let you know if you are going to be let go or give you a heads up. They will just end your contract (I was a contractor) without warning and derail your future. Good co-workers, bad management.
Pros
Free lunch every once in a while
Cons
Too much gossip/drama, no warning about termination
What I'm seeing here is not what I'm hearing in orientation
worker bee (Current Employee) –  Calexico, CAFebruary 13, 2016
too bad I was hoping that this was my opportunity to
stay with a good company, and what I mean by good is
Management, work/life Balance ,Advancement Opportunity, Benefits
but the recurring theme here at all U S facilities is that I might just want the experience to get with a better company. The only real
glowing pro's and nearly nil con's are coming from "Manager's". Bummer
Pros
I have a job
Cons
don't know yet
Good Place to work
Opeator (Former Employee) –  New Martinsville, WVJuly 17, 2016
I would recommend PPG to anyone looking for a career job. Good pay and benefits and opportunity to learn new jobs. Great place to progress in the company
Inside sales
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXNovember 1, 2016
Must be able to be fast on your feet and have the ability to memorize the products and also know what products customers are taking. in this field you have to be able to remember formulas, addresses, product and customer.
Pros
You are able to learn
Cons
Poor management
Fun Company
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 11, 2016
PPG is a great place to work. It is fairly laid-back and easy to get along with co-workers. The company is successful, steady, and continuing to grow! I would call this a "cake job."
Pros
Flexible schedule, easy work, good people
Cons
Raises are small
fun workplace and great place to grow
inventory lead (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 15, 2016
Productive and a great place to grow very friendly environment and a great place to learn has a great potential for advancement
Productive work.
OHPA Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJune 17, 2016
Overall PPG was one of the best places I have ever worked. The demands were boundless but the management valued my input and put into action multiple plans/protocols I had suggested. The quarterly meetings that showed the efficiency of the work we were doing and the amount of profit our division contributed made me feel important to the company success. Weekly meeting to discuss issues with training session that were free to partake in made working their pleasant. The hardest part of my job working in a clean room, was the high temperatures and getting use to the fast paced work involving material coming in to the lab and meeting shipping dead lines for products. I learned a lot about vacuum systems and different types of products and what devices these products are used for.
Pros
Free lunches, Safety training's, discount with a PPG ID.
Cons
Very loud, materials stain clothing.
A day in the life of a PPG Driver.
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2016
A typical day at PPG would be loading my truck and making deliveries. I've learned PPG supplies paint for building, cars and homes. Management at PPG keeps their employees informed of the company's direction and the role we play. My co-workers have high work ethics and believe in getting the job in the most efficient way possible.

The hardest part job is dealing with Dallas traffic. I enjoy the people I work with each and every day.
Pros
Good Company/Fortune 500 Company
Cons
Low Pay
Informative position and have learned how to work with people
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 13, 2017
Responsible for opening and closing store. Have to be responsible for delivery expectations of customers and needs. I keep the workplace fun, but get the job done. I like working with different customer and employee personalities, and hardest part is working with limited help and resources.
Great place for growth.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 14, 2017
Good company to work for with room to grow just was not really alot of friendly managers with the company but other then that. I really enjoy working for the company because its alot of freedom there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PPG Industries. Our community is ready to answer.