PPG Industries

PPG Industries United States Employee Reviews

Good place to work, pay is low
Chemist (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 7, 2015
Great management. I am able to do my own work here on a daily basis. The only problem is the pay. It is not high enough.
Good work environment
Sourcing Assistant (Former Employee), Lexington, NCJanuary 6, 2015
• Input, organize, track, and file confidentiality agreements, insurance certificates, and purchase orders
• Interface with buyers, suppliers, and manufacturing personnel, providing support on questions associated with purchase orders
• Designed and implemented a more efficient filing system

Enjoyed working with the group of people that I worked with
Average place for maintenance person to work!
Maintenance (Former Employee), Barberton, OHDecember 30, 2014
Pros: pay, most employees
Cons: lack of organization
Pay is average for scope of abilities expected. Maintenance and production are divided. Can be asked to work in adverse environments. Supervision uses older mentality principles. Most coworkers are knowledgable and helpful.
Discombobulated mess.
Account Development Manager (Former Employee), Kahului, HIDecember 29, 2014
Pros: great customers. great potential.
Cons: management.
Poor, unskilled management on many levels. Confused or absent corporate culture. Grows through acquisition then eliminates the part of the company they acquired that made that company worth acquiring. Retains personal who are detrimental to growth.
Union
Winder Operator and Trainer (Former Employee), Barberton, OHDecember 28, 2014
Pros: union, pay
Cons: rotation shift work
Loved the job. Loved the Union. Rotation shift work, long hours. unpredictable shifts. Good pay due to Union. Lots of training available. Hard to have a regular life on production schedule. You work for the money.
PPG Industries Review
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARDecember 27, 2014
Pros: working with minimal supervision as the department head, excellent functional support
Cons: the position is in little rock, ar and is not where i would like to be long-term
Customer Service Hub Manager for ~ 30 CSR's, Team Leads, and Supervisors for the US/CA Protective and Marine Coatings Division. Typical day involves managing time and attendance, domestic and export teams, training and development, project management, escalation management, monthly reporting and key performance indicators. Thoroughly enjoy this current position and company.
Lots of mandatory overtime and poor managment, but coworkers are good people.
Chemist (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARDecember 16, 2014
Pros: job secruity, quartly attendance bonuses, lots of overtime
Cons: poor production and plant managment, lots of overtime
Typically 48 to 58 hour mandatory weeks.

Some bias between first and second shift (all overtime days first shift is supplied breakfast while second shift has never received anything).

Lots of veterans employees that are known to take it slow and push for the 56-58 hour weeks.

Upper management promotions are questionable and often not based on merit.

Production workers are typically nice and enjoyable people.

Good benefits and competitive pay for the area.
Organized company with great benefits
Store Manager (Current Employee), West Palm BeachDecember 15, 2014
Got a lot of sales and managing experience. I had to work with others employees as well as customers.
Great Company!
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee), Arlington, TXDecember 12, 2014
Pros: great people and growing. opportunities for advancement
Cons: none!
I recently left PPG for another opportunity with a better bonus and what a mistake. Not until I left PPG did I realize how great a company it had been to me. Very stable and great people. It is in growth mode and if you work hard you can advance and do well. I think PPG is a world class company and will always respect and admire how well it is run at the top levels and the great people that make PPG successful. If I could go back I would in a minute! Don't always think the grass is greener on the other side because it usually isn't. When you leave a company you are basically starting over and have to build relationships and prove yourself all over to a new set of people. Unless you are in a really bad situation don't leave and at PPG you can advance and there are lots of opportunities if you work at it internally. All in all PPG is the best company I have ever worked at and highly recommend pursuing a career with them!
contractors beware
contractor (Former Employee), usaDecember 9, 2014
Pros: passing time
Cons: nothing for contractors
You will be treated like an outsider, used and ignored.No honesty or loyalty. .no perks or benifits. Don't believe anything, get it all in writing, especially with human resources
Productive and fun workplace
Lab Support Contract Employee Lab Tech (Current Employee), Allison Park, PADecember 6, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: temporary position
My work days could have a range of activities from making experimental paint to preparing to work the spraymation equipment in the spray room to running rheology samples for the paints that are being sprayed or other tests for other departments as needed. The rheology testing includes flow recovery curves, creep cure curves, cure curves, and yield stress curves, I have also pulled and reported the data to the people who needed it. The hardest part of my job was learning to do the spray process that is being developed in the department. I enjoy learning new techniques and processes, and engaging my co-workers.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Oracle HRMS Functional Consultant (Former Employee), USADecember 2, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: long hours
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table , its a good place to work and have much scope to learn new things,had a great time in this company,work culture is fantastic in this company and great team working with.i'm looking forward this relation continues even though i left the company
Productive Workplace at a Paint Plant
Project Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Oakwood, GANovember 26, 2014
My position at PPG Industries last summer as a project-engineering intern helped me develop my data analysis technique. I applied engineering principles and engineering-economic models and worked with outside contractors, production team and maintenance department to complete the wastewater treatment capital project. In addition, I applied 5S and lean manufacturing to update work instructions to improve production efficiency.
corporate environment with plenty of room for growth
sales associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: corporate
Overall good place to work, corporate environment can be a little thick. Benefits are good, love the advancement opportunities.
Produtive and serious work place
Lead Mulco Operator (Current Employee), Temple, TXNovember 16, 2014
There are days that the labor is really easy and there are times that the machines are running poorly. My partner and I on the line have to sign off the paper work to make sure that we are packaging the correct tubes, lids and product. The hardest part of the job is working in the summer because it gets really hot inside the warehouse and during the winter it's just as bad as the weather outside. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting off of work for me but to be honest working with someone that has a sense of humor.
Good Work Enviroment
Chemist (Former Employee), Delaware, OHNovember 14, 2014
The commute was too much for me to keep the position but it was one that utilized many different chemical tests to ensure product stability. Very enjoyable.
A good place to work if you are lazy
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), CorneliousNovember 13, 2014
Pros: easy going work environement
Cons: they do not promote from with in
Worked very hard and enjoyed working with the contractors and public. they do not hire from with in. They look outside for openings.
Good Job
shipping and receiving (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXNovember 13, 2014
Good Job to work for and good job security and friendly staff
Introduction to Career Life
QC - Lab Technician (Former Employee), WisconsinNovember 10, 2014
Company seems to have its heart in the right place. However, many of us were hired on as temporary workers and given no benefits to speak of. On top of that I spoke with a few people who worked there who had been let go only to be hired back on at less pay and no benefits.

While I don't think this defines the company it certainly wasn't a selling point for me.

On a positive note it was a nice industrial lab experience for myself and the starting pay was up to my standard.
Fun Job
sales associate (Former Employee), College Station, TexasNovember 9, 2014
Pros: easy
Cons: boring
Co-workers not looking to excel at their jobs

Easy manual labor job

worked here while in college

management too friendly with workers

inappropriate coworker/ customer relationships

About PPG Industries

PPG Industries, Inc. (PPG) is a global supplier of protective and decorative coatings. The Company operates in six segments: Performance – Read more

PPG Industries Salaries