PPG Industries Employee Reviews

Territory Manager
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 3, 2017
Great place to work. Flexible scheduling and a lot of field support from Regional and corporate. 5 day work week required to work some Saturdays. Major holidays off
Pros
Flexible scheduling great benefit package
Cons
Highs sales goals to achieve many obstacles to achieve them
Great Place to work at
Distribution Center/ Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Huron, OHJune 30, 2017
Great place to work at. Helpful management and everybody gets along. Starting pay is lower than expected especially for the type of work is required and the equipment that is being used.
Productive Workplace
Paint Filler (Current Employee) –  East Point, GAJune 29, 2017
During a typical work week, one of my biggest tasks is checking in on and assessing our progress on various projects. We meet at beginning of shift to discuss our priorities, then meet again in the periodically throughout the day to check progress, and meet once more at end of shift to discuss work done for day.
Pros
Good work environment
Great Place to work
Quality auditor to ensure customer satisfaction (Former Employee) –  Evart, MIJune 28, 2017
This started out being a Chrysler plant and then PPG bought it. It was a decent place to work. Clean work and decent pay. The forced overtime is sometimes a lot but other than that it isn't bad.
Pros
Good Pay, Clean Work
Cons
Overtime Policy per the Union
fun place to work meet lots of people
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIJune 28, 2017
good people to work with.I learn a lot of different thing about paint while working there.good place to work for. help people with there paint order ect...to attain general unskilled /skilled labor positions and apprenticeship.i will utilize and proficiencies of paint/enamel to assist in stellar craftmanship,attract and develop new customer relationships, expand organizational missions and payronage
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
not enough money
An ok place to work
Contract Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 23, 2017
They were an ok place to work. They were a good opportunity for what it was. It was not a bad place, it just was not what I was going to do for my career.
Was great place to work, lots of chemicals, benefits and health insurance are getting outrageous
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OHJune 21, 2017
Employees try to have fun while working management does everything they can to change that. Supervisor's are idiots and don't know how to schedule anything.
Pay and benefits are quickly going downhill.
You have to work overtime to make a good check.
Getting to be a depressing place to work.
Pros
New General Manager hopefully turns things around
Cons
Dumb supervisor's and managment team
Ppg
Warehouse supply chain/laborer (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 19, 2017
Enjoyed working for PPG for the period of time that I was there. Co-workers and supervisors were helpful and had cohesive teamwork throughout the day.
good place to work
Paint Processor/Filler (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILJune 19, 2017
Good place to work, but not a completely honest management department. Good coworkers, clean plant, good benefits. Good rewards program, and end of the year bonuses.
Good and Bad as to be expected
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2017
Aging Workplace culture which can be difficult at times if you are trying to improve systems. Overall, not a bad place to work if you can handle the pressure.
good
Fill Off Technician / Batch Maker (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJune 14, 2017
great place to work , clock in start my projects and maintain a clean work environment, finish my product. Make sure everything that is shipping for the day completed and ready
I was a receptionist and enjoyed receiving customers, computer spreadsheets, filing and general secretarial skills.
Administrative/Clerical (Former Employee) –  Allison Park, PAJune 14, 2017
I enjoyed the many employee benefits, and was always striving to learn more computer skills to enhance my biweekly pay check. I was able to fulfill my desires and would recommend PPG employment!
long term loyal employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 13, 2017
Good place to work, plenty of potential opportunities if you actively search out the opportunities. Best if you can get a mentor to guide you. Automotive industry can be stressful though.
What I learned
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCJune 12, 2017
I learned how to ready a ruler and run a machine. Also learned how to set up a machine and do the maintance on it. How to break down a machine and fix it.
Good environment, stagnant career.
Chemist (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJune 7, 2017
Although nobody was misleading, it was disappointing still that after a year of satisfactory work, there were absolutely no chances for me to grow in my career.

Management was relaxed and laid back. This gave me space and freedom, but no chances for growth outside my own drive.

Culture was nice. No problems with any co-workers or other people in the building, except for 1 person.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
No benefits, no company commitment
Productive place to work
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44111June 7, 2017
Had no complaints and enjoyed the hard work and payoff.
Everyone there was helpful and useful. If I ever had concerns or issues there was somewhere to go.
Pros
free drinks when hot
Cons
n/a
great company but very hard to move up the ladder
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Cranberry, PAJune 7, 2017
I enjoy training the associates in the stores and educating the DIY customers on a daily basis. There really is no bad aspect of the job, as long as I can help the customer understand the how's and why's it makes the job just a bit nicer.
Pros
free paint, free use of the company car
Cons
dental coverage is not as good as other plans
not a bad place to work,good benefits and pay
coater processor (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJune 3, 2017
typical day at work is monitoring the conveyor,making sure everything runs smoothly,better the production,more money the company makes,i believe in doing my job the best i know how,people were good to work with,i really don;t care for the split shift,
Great room for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 31, 2017
There is plenty of room to move around within PPG. However, there can be little head count in certain departments where it is needed. Vacation time is not great either.
great
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  MissouriMay 23, 2017
fun workplace , great management support , freedom to make your daily work decisions based on your costumer's needs with great back up support
great benifits
Pros
great team
Cons
long hours sometimes, but the benifits outway that

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PPG Industries. Our community is ready to answer.