PPI Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Productive, good work enviroment.
Seamstress (Former Employee) –  Granite Falls, NCJune 15, 2016
We had good management. The co-workers were easy to get along with.The entire staff treated the workers well. A typical day at work was, we would come in set up our station, sew, then we would take a 15 min. break,and then a 30 min. lunch break, and continue to sew, and then another 15 min. break, and go back to sewing and then the day would be over.
Pros
Long breaks, good production, good pay
Cons
N/A
Decent Place to gain Experience
Cable Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAFebruary 25, 2016
Flawed Management Layout and little pay. Good place to gain experience in the telecommunication field though. The work days are long, 13 plus hour which often dont leave you time for lunch, or to eat anything at all. Managers are unreliable and hard o get a hold of in times of need. The work environment is less than morbid, a few cents short of a slave house. Sarcasm intended, Best Part of the job is being on your own, Hardest Part of the job is getting the support needed to do the job in a timely manner.
Pros
Experience, Independence
Cons
no breaks, lunch and minimal support as a beginner
Busy environment, interesting place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJanuary 26, 2016
As the creative coordinator I work in the art/publishing department of the PPI Group. I get in at 8:30 am everyday, and check my emails, make sure all the publications are on schedule and that all of our quotes have been signed for up coming issues. Than I will move on to creating digital publications for all of our magazines, work on costs analyses for our accounting department, and check the maps to make sure all ads are in the correct place. In between doing all of this I will usually get buzzed about 12-18 times a day from different departments, and they usually need me to answer a quick question or come down to their office to talk about, videos, sales, ads, up coming books, or cost/ budgeting reports.

I have learned a lot at this company. I really feel like I grew into my own here and I am much more prepared to take on the world. I have gained confidence in my skills and abilities. I also learned about different management styles, as well as sales styles. Watching my boss and my coworkers I learned how to speak to different clients and customers in the best possible way to keep everyone happy while still making the sale.

The boss in my department is wonderful. I would jump the moon for her. She appreciates her team and treats everyone great. Our little department is a good work environment for the most part. Some times people get every negative and are rude to one another, which is uncalled for but that it pretty much everywhere. The COO and the CEO of the company are terrible managers. They do not respect their employees, who puts a damper on the work
  more... environment but nothing is perfect. The way the company is set up, it makes it impossible to advance to a hire position, which means there is not enough room for growth.

My coworkers are great. It is the art department so we have some dramatics from time to time but I think it keeps the office interesting and makes coming to work an adventure.

The hardest part of my job is keeping track of all 40+ publications. I have to make sure that everything is organized for them before they come out and we add more every year, but we lose some every year too. Keeping up on contracts and keeping an organized excel sheet for contracts, and dates is the only way to keep everything in check so nothing slips through the cracks.

The most enjoyable part of my job is creating the digital issues because its when everything comes together. All the invoices have been paid and you have secured all ads and photos and now it is time for the publication to be completed.
company is no longer in business
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Middleboro, MASeptember 14, 2015
This company was great to work for when first hired, then was sold and new owner ran the company into the ground. close to home.
great
Instrument Man (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAApril 25, 2015
great environment to be around. real wholesome place. always smiles and laughs around that place. would work there again anytime
An experience
Slave (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLFebruary 23, 2015
A facade whereby sacred cows, internal politics, incompetence and unprofessional ism flourishes with the GM and minority of senior management flourishes, which then clouds the majority that are good and potential of the entire operation.
I love construction
Flagger/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 11, 2014
Walking 20+ miles is tough but at the end of the day, you know you have worked. It is a fun atmosphere. And the people are fun to get to know. The work can be challenging but rewarding.
Pros
excellent money
Cons
getting rained out
Good company, good people
Piping Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2014
Good company with good benefits. Excellent co-workers for the largest part. From my observation, management sincerely had the best interests of their employees at heart.
The most difficult part of the job, was acquisition of information and data, with which to do your job.
Pros
management that was always ready to listen
Cons
client management
good work plece
Flat Bat Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  bagdad iraqJuly 21, 2013
good day diciplin good managment best co-workers same time hard work
Pros
food free
Cons
12hour work
good place to work
Extrusion Operator (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXFebruary 26, 2013
good place to work
extrusion of polymers
learned how to operate an extrudor
lack of managment
Flagger (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 5, 2013
never knowing if you were going to work on a daily basis, lack of management, had to deal with co-workers with no knowledge of traffic and safety
PPI is a engineering exam prep publisher and course instruction.
Staff Account II - Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Belmont, CAJanuary 21, 2013
A typical day at PPI was very fast pace. Some people in operations had thier handsful. I was part of the accounting team and operations team. This meant you were to do every aspect in accounting, as well as every aspect of customer service , sales, cleaning kitchen, bathrooms, shipping of materials, and writing procedure. Originally PPI was a fun caring and loving enviornment. It was fun to work, fun to grow, and fun to be with eachother. This was replaced by corporate rules, no more snacks, no more parties, and didn't want to be concidered a family anymore. The co-workers were great and alot of people stayed very long term, until the company changed. That was replaced by quick turnover. The hardest part of the job was the expectation that one person should do everything from hi level accounting to cleaning bathrooms. The most enjoyable part of the job was landing major accounts in sales.
benefits
Cons
very difficult upper management team