PPL Corporation Employee Reviews

Amazing
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pennington Gap, VAAugust 9, 2017
I loved my job I loved helping others and the pay was awesome, The hours were long and it takes someone with a big Heart to do this line of work But I was one of my favorite jobs
Advancement and Special Treatment for favorites and not merit
TAX SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 20, 2017
Professional clicks and bullies. If you are not part of a click, or favored by some, you basically go no where and are professionally bullied. Great pay and benefits, which locks you in to work there, decent amount of work and training, but you feel awful working there as an individual. You basically wish your day was over before you start.
Stressful company with challenging culture
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 17, 2017
A typical day at work has you jumping through hoops reacting to the latest issue. Workplace culture is undesirable and attempts to improve culture seemed to have back fired. Vision is lacking.
Good company to work for while in school
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Bedford, VAJuly 15, 2017
Work part time for PPL while in school as a caregiver. Just finished school in May and now look for full time job as LPN while waiting to take boards for my LPN License.
Pros
Worked with my school schedule
Cons
no benefits or full time
Stressful place to work
Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 10, 2017
The manager was horrible! The morale was extremely low and she didn't care to do anything to boost it. Not only did you have to clock in on time but you also had to sign a sheet at the managers desk and still make it to your seat on time. It was just a lot of added and unnecessary stress. The actual phone portion of it was not too bad except for the irate customers but that's expected.
Horrible customer service
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAJuly 9, 2017
Anytime I have questions related to payroll it is al out impossible to get an answer, or to talk to a person. It wants more characters about this company so I am typing this sentence.
Quality
IT Systems Specialist \ Server Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 7, 2017
Overall my experience working for PPL was one of enjoyment and fulfilling work. Team work was the key to getting projects done on time and I found it easy to work with other teams across different areas due to the constructive culture we tried to love by.
Energetic and productive company
Citrix Engineer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 28, 2017
Fun workplace that offers many opportunities for employers to grow and become efficient in their work and allows opportunities to different workers that helps you.
Great Job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marion, VaJune 14, 2017
This job is a great job to work with and wud very much like to do this job again. I miss doing this job. I wud work with PPL again in a heartbeat. U work like a nurse taking care of the patient, cooking, cleaning, making sure the patient is ok while working. Alot of lifting, changing diapers, transferring from bed to chair or from chair to bed, making sure they have medicines when needed, transporting patient to and from Dr visits or hospitals. Making sure the patient is comfortable at all times.
Pros
Work at ur pace
Cons
Short breaks and lunch breaks
good place to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Audubon, PAJune 13, 2017
I was employed by a lovely Lady the income was great with flexable time.some times I was away from home after hours but,you get the job done.Taking care is what do best
Pros
hours
Cons
no stress days
nice place
Cna (Former Employee) –  Montvale, VAJune 7, 2017
Great company and the supervisors are really easy to work for. They try to work with your schedule as much as possible. If not for having to move I would still be there.
workplace culture is positive.
Market Researcher (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 6, 2017
I enjoy working for PPL as a Market Researcher. I get to interact with many different departments and be part of cross functional team where we share interactive ideas.
Difficult Management
CCC Supervisor (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 5, 2017
On a typical day, I work with team members who accept incoming calls from customers with payment troubles.

Higher levels of management have poor communication and a few unattainable goals. As a result, this poor communication and unrealistic expectation trickle down to the customer-facing employees. As a result, customer experience and compliance can suffer in an effort to meet the various metrics necessary to retain employment.

The various vendors utilized are not well trained and the errors result in a lot of extra work.

A typical day consists of handling escalated calls, attending meetings and conferences, coaching team members, reviewing errors, monitoring calls and working with the training team.

Upper management turnover is high and as a result, the vision for the company is constantly changing. This too trickles down.

PPL has gone through many changes over the last 10 years. The company does a lot of work for its customers that other Utilities would not. While the practices and policies alight with regulatory guidelines, the training is poor and non-sensical.
You got to be close with your client
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMay 23, 2017
It is a great way to help people out. I was able to take care of a dear friend towards the end of her life. The only hard part is you become close with your client and when they pass it is like losing a family member.
Pros
Everyday is different
Cons
Getting close to someone and them passing away
PPL Review
Sr. Network Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 8, 2017
PPL is an awesome place to work for. Management is great, very understanding, and really very flexible. I loved working there. Excellent experience overall.
Very good an safe place to work
Fork Operator (Current Employee) –  Owen coring, Tbdn toyota partsApril 17, 2017
Cant just say of a bad day just that maybe someone just having his or her bad day when they came to work an it rubb off on to the crew..I can say anything other then that..
Pros
Free meal birthday cakes
Cons
Dock work when it cold..
Fantastic Company to work for
Credit & Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Lock Haven, PAMarch 26, 2017
I loved working for the gas Company. I spent over 50% of my time with law enforcement pursuing fraud and criminal charges. I enjoyed working with the PUC in Harrisburg, PA.
productive workplace
Attendant (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VA 23323February 1, 2017
taking care of a 24 year old who is disabled and cant take care of himself feeding him, clothing him, bathing him, etc... a typical workday is waking him up feeding him bathing him playing on the ipad watching tv and netflix
Pros
putting a smile on dereks face
Cons
low pay
First time
Boss in house (Current Employee) –  PaJanuary 30, 2017
This is my first time on this site! So I will take this survey after I check it out and see how good it is! Hopefully they will help me with a better job and more hours and. After pay.
Good company, lots of upper management turnover
Outage coordinator / Distribution System Operator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 5, 2017
Too much upper management turnover gives feeling of not being sure where you fit in. Many new managers in a short time each with a different "vision" for the department leads to a lot of drastic change

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PPL Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.