PPL Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 1, 2016
A productive environment with a diverse workforce really great place to make friends. If you enjoy helping people this is the place for you.
Fast Paced and High Technology
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 3, 2016
Transmission group embarking on an exciting plan of work.
It's a great company but I just happen to be commuting too long every day and want to get back to my home town.
PPL review
Home health care aide (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 26, 2016
Great business to work for and they provide great resources to help any employee with any problems within the business.
Pleasant work place and very uplifting
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAApril 20, 2016
Very humbling experience to work with the elderly and give back to the community. I enjoyed taking care people and making sure the family was satisfied with their service.
Working on rates is interesting
Senior Engineer - Pricing and Contract Admin (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 11, 2016
I enjoyed looking at the utilities' return on equity and the need to submit a rate case to the state commission. I learned a lot about the finances of the company.
High stress atmosphere
State Requirement Auditor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 9, 2016
I was very happy when my assignment ended at this job. I was hoping that they were not going to renew my contract. Everyone is scared of the boss and he is rude to the employees. Would not ever go back there again.
Productive and self-satisfying.
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  PPL Susquehanna Riverlands.March 4, 2016
It was a good company to work for. Unfortunately, they sold to Talen Energy. My department no longer exists. I had good co-workers and great management.The best part of my job was working in the environment,, wildlife etc. Also, hearing the public say to me how beautiful the park was kept and how much they enjoy going there.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
no advancement opportunities.
Company provided many training opportunities, the benefit packages were generous, and various locations to choose from.
Administration (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 29, 2016
This organization offered many free training programs and seminars. A high value was placed on education with reimbursement benefits. The salary is industry standard and competitive.
Pros
Education reimbursements.
Cons
Advancement rarely possible without higher education.
Ppl
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 28, 2016
Working at PPL gave me a lot of computer experience. I learned how to use the SAP program. I met a lot of people that gave me great advice along the way.
Pros
Experience with SAP
A company that is willing to compensate well and always looking to promote from within.
Distribution System Operator (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 23, 2016
PPL provides a meaningful career providing electrical power to millions of people in a low stress work environment. Operations provides a path for growth all throughout the company.
ok but could have better have some benfits
caregiver (Current Employee) –  Jonesborough, TNFebruary 14, 2016
making sure she is fed bathed and dressed making sure she takes her medicine take her to bathroom light house cleaning cooking her meals taking her out to doctor apt.
Pros
enjoy helping others
Cons
no benifts
Awesome place to work!
GIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 21, 2016
Distribution Operations is a 24/7 environment with frequent and major changes, maps and circuit diagrams change several times a day across most areas. I learned to accept shifting deadlines and frequent setbacks which resulted from storms. Management provides ample feedback and encouragement, a tremendous help in a high stress workplace! Coworkers are friendly and often bring food for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The constant nature of electrical distribution leads to a casual workplace which also helps reduce stress. High risks associated with electrical work result in several deaths a year which can be very difficult periods. Free food during storms and camaraderie are easily the best part of the job.
Pros
Great work life balance (2 weeks paid vacation), high pay, new office
Cons
High stress work place, people may die as a direct or indirect result of your work
Production
Mcachine OPr (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNJanuary 17, 2016
A short term job that did not have much to invest my time with. No challenges. Simple in bendig metal for cars and truck products.
Cons
short term
Good job with good company, excellent benefits.
Manager- Safety, Health & Environmental (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 12, 2016
Good solid company and career. Held a variety of interesting positions in various locations. Loved working with people inside and outside the company. Voluntarily retired in good standing in May 2015.
Benefits
Cons
Could have been more progressive.
Enjoyed the work
Home helper/companion (Former Employee) –  Mercer, PADecember 15, 2015
A typical day at work was assist with household tasks, escorts to appointments, transports to grocery and clothing stores, on hand in case of medical necessity, and assist with pet care.

What I learned was that I liked the house cleaning and taking care of the animals but I did not enjoy taking care of older people.

Management was ok.

The hardest part was getting tho older person to do what they are suppose to do.

The most enjoyable part was cleaning and taking care of the animals.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Taking care of the older person.
Great company
production analyst (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 11, 2015
Although I feel that PPL is a great Company to work for overall, I feel that the department and management I work with directly does not meet the desires one looks for while working.

I do not feel that there is any room for advancement. I do not feel respected or that my colleagues are respected despite of how hard we work. Our management is constantly making changes to our teams that it is very hard to stay on track when we are trying to teach someone something new.

However, my knowledge of the Utility Industry did grow and I find it to be very useful when it comes to my own life.
Productive and fun place to work.
Technical Clerk/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Hazle Township, PADecember 7, 2015
Close-knit environment- under 10 employees. Fast paced work. Constantly interrupted for time-sensitive purposes. Great managers, co-workers. Constantly learning. Time management and prioritizing tasks essential to daily function.
Pros
Many free lunches/lunch parties
Cons
Supervisor is a little rough on females
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Middletown, PADecember 6, 2015
Great place to work, the environment is friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. Also I have gained many technical and professional experience.
Decent place to work
Analyst - Electric Utility Distribution Operations (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 22, 2015
Tough time to be at PPL. Lot of transition and cuts. Will be interesting to see where this place is in 5 years. A lot has changed in the last year and a half.
Great learning experience
Electrical Engineering Internship (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 17, 2015
Great learning experience with many software and hardware of Power system. I got really interesting after this internship to study about 3 phase power and control system.