PPS

PPS Employer Reviews

Bake One
Picker/Packer (Current Employee), Mableton GAFebruary 9, 2014
A typical day at work start at 5 am.We get on line pick the good parties out from the bad ones,packaged them into containers,seal labeling,pack 15 into boxes at fast paste,clean up our work area.We make production,co-worker are very friendly,the job is not hard.
not good
line production (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GASeptember 30, 2013
Pros: the work
Cons: not good for students or people with other jobs
this temp service will put you to work, but if you are late once or miss a day then you will never get anymore work with this company
Fast pace, fun, good people.
Manager (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAOctober 9, 2012
Pros: i learned a lot and met some very nice people.
Cons: the property got bought out and i had to move on.
I ran this lot for several years and got to meet many regulars who I seemed to know on a personal level. I learned how to manage employees as well as to manage/ handle disgruntled patrons. The staff was excellent, and I loved every aspect of the job, including working side by side with the Irvine Company which I learned a lot from.
Fast pace, fun, good people.
Manager (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAOctober 9, 2012
Pros: i learned a lot and met some very nice people.
Cons: the property got bought out and i had to move on.
Good Employer
Intermediary services agent (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPAugust 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch, power hour
Cons: close off end of month
it a very good expirience for people who have just finished there studies to gain valuable opportunities to grow, a great company to work for.
AN INTERESTING COMPANY TO WORK FOR
FRONT OFFICE AGENT (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPAugust 22, 2014
Pros: happy hour every month -free lunches for making target
Cons: very unreasonable working hours
I ENJOY WORKING AT PPS - ITS A GOOD COMPANY AND HAS GOOD BENEFITS.THE WORK IS SOMETHING DIFFERENT TO THE STANDARD INSURANCE INDUSTRY.A NORMAL DAY WOULD BE BE COMING IN TO WORK..MAKING COFFEE AND GETTING STARTED..SOME DAYS WERE QUIETE BUT MOST WERE HECTIC.HAD COOL CO WORKERS WHO ALWAYS HAD HAVE EACH OTHERS BACKS,AND MAKES YOU SMILE AND LAUGH NOW AND – more... THEN.MANAGEMENT CAME IN AND AFTER SOMETIME AND SOMEWHAT CREATED A DAMPED ENVIROMENT WHICH NOT MANY PEOPLE WERE HAPPY ABOUT.MOST ENJOYABLE PART WAS THE PEOPLE I WORKED WITH. – less
All the jobs are temporal making it difficult to plan life
Claims consultant (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPApril 9, 2014
waiting for sick employees to present themselves.
Most of the employees consulted due to stress, was a call centre environment which had a lot of stress as meeting targets was difficult.
Work on my own hours
Member Relations (Former Employee), Bedfordview, GPMarch 22, 2014
Pros: work from home and didnt always need to go to the office
Cons: commission based salary
Booking meetings with clients
Updating client portfolios

I learnt to be more confident within myself being in this working environment

Management is very helpfull and awards staff for meeting targets and going the extra mile

my co-workers are extremely helpfull and assists everyone in the team.

hardest part of job is loosing a client to the competition

Most – more... enjoyable part of job was signing new clients and making a good commission – less
work with a dog
Security (Former Employee), Kameeldrift, GPDecember 9, 2013
Pros: work with an animal
Cons: long hours
every morning we will all go to the base and from there we will go to a bank for the day. Early morning you will brush your dog before your go out for the day.

You will be dropped of at the bank for the day with your dog.

Weekends or after work you will bath the dog and everyday you will make sure the dog is fed en healthy.

Once a month you and the – more... dog will go for training. – less
analytical,yet fun
quality/risk/complience consultant (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: pressure
a typical day would be over seeing the daily running of systems and reinforcement of the script,identify loop holes,respond to queries from the underwritter,broker and management,report to complience of non disclosures make sure that the rep register is up to date reprt to the FSB.
i am looking after the sales,servicing and retentions department,their – more... customer service,coaching and training.
base on the outcome make recommendations to training department or management.

I am heading a team of Quality assurence and as such co-ordinate review and recommend action plans to be taken by the department

interacting with all stake holders group Gorvenance,training,underwritter,and management,thi sis the part where it all comes together where decisions are made based on my recommendation – less
AMC
AMC (Former Employee), JohannesburgJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: not challenging enough
Assist Brokers
Call center responsibilities
i have improve my inter communication skills and my confident has improved, management was good,
i was not working in a very positive team , discouragement over clouded every one
interesting work place,always room to grow
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Cape Town Western CapeNovember 27, 2012
Cons: satisfaction when you have helped to make a difference in someones life
you must always be thinking on your feet and not be interested short term but to make a difference
Stable
Financial Planner (Current Employee), ParktownAugust 29, 2012
Pros: flexible
• Selling of various financial products i.e. Life insurance, Investments, Unit trusts, Card, accidental plans, Life and Living annuities as well as pension and provident funds.
• Acquiring new business by cold calling.
• Inbound calls received as well as dialling out to clients.
• Doing a needs analysis on clients to determine how much of cover they – more... need and what product would be suitable for each client.
• Determining which risk profile a clients falls into to determine which funds are suitable for them to be invested.
• Faxing, e-mailing and following up on quotations and product brochures sent.
• Stringent monthly targets had to be met on each product being dealt with.
• Long lasting relationships had to be maintained with each client as regular reviews of each clients portfolio had to be done to assess any changes in the clients life which would mean a re-structure of the products and premiums they have.
• Retention of existing business by doing regular reviews and doing quality business
• Doing face to face business with clients as well and over the phone as well
• Dealing with professional clients. – less
Het was wel leuk geweest
Bediening medewerker (Former Employee), Oudenbosch, NBJune 13, 2014
Pros: soms gratis eten
Gewoon naar mijn werk gaan en alles voorbereiden voor de klanten (tafelbedekking/vorken/messen/ alles klaar zetten)

Mijn collega's waren goed ze hadden mij geleerd alles wat ik nu weet.

Het was wel een leuke werkplek maar ik was gestopt omdat ik verhuizd ben en ik had geen vervoer om naar toe te gaan.

About PPS

PPS is a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating and sustaining public places that build communities. We provide technical – Read more