PRA Group Employee Reviews

Great workplace with potential for large bonus checks.
Legal Collector (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 20, 2016
Meeting all criteria required allowed me to make my own schedule and bring home a great bonus check every month. I had never worked in a collection environment before but with the training and assistance I was able to become one the top collectors in a very short time. I was also promoted to a management position after 2 years. My coworkers were always there to help with a talk-off. It was important that we all worked together as a team. The hardest part of my job was overcoming objections from my clients. The most enjoyable part was being able to help them repay their debt.
Pros
Great bonus structure. Great benifits.
Cons
Being able to keep a record of all account collected.
Mediocre Work
Document Processor (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 7, 2016
High turn over rate in the Document Resources department. Work is not challenging and in fact is quite robotic. When you have to sit at a desk all day and do the same repetitive tasks it becomes boring and makes one sleepy. Office is too quiet the majority of the time that you can hear a pen drop. Not much room for advancement in this department but probably can advance by applying for a position in a different department. The money that is invested on providing free lunches for the entire company at the end of the month could instead be used towards higher pay increases.
Pros
Free lunch at end of month
Cons
Benefits aren't all that great, office too quiet
Management is untrained and VP only looks out for himself
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJuly 13, 2016
Upper management was very difficult, our managers all seemed to be under extreme pressure, the VP acts like he is there for you but will make plans to fire you while smiling to your face. The VP has stated on several occasions that "It will be you who gets fired before I lose my job!" The pay is not worth the time and managers have been lost do to "power hungry' agendas. The company seems ok but their is a sense of disconnect from our office to corp. They seem to find reasons, even tiny excuses, to take our bonus and give the impression that job security is minimal. I would not recommend anyone to work for PRA at this time.
Pros
Free lunch once a month
Cons
stressful, fines that seem pointless, unstable
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 20, 2016
Co-workers and Management crew were very professional and easy to get along with. Everyone worked as a team to ensure we met our goals and assisted with customer needs. The management team was always on point and helpful with any circumstance such as learning to deal with difficult customers while trying to collect. The hardest part of the job was researching for information needed to contact customers and set-up payment plans. The most enjoyable parts of the job: company went above and beyond to reward employees and management for meeting and exceeding collection goals, all co-workers and mangers were willing to assist each other to ensure these goals were met, yearly conventions paid for by the company which consisted of awards and very tasteful professional get together's with all employees from your branch, and a large cafeteria, workout room, and shower were provided on site for use by all employees.
Very stressful environment
Account Representative/Dispute Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 27, 2016
Was a collector and later on a dispute specialist. As a collector, you would make 100 or less calls a day to customer with delinquent account and discuss and provide benefits to resolve. I had awesome managers however, the pay isn't good and they make it very difficult for you to reach you monthly goals to receive a bonus. I had awesome team member who encouraged each other and often helped when the other may have struggled that month. The hard part was meeting quotas around the holidays(thanksgiving, Christmas). the most enjoyable part was the team driven environment.
Pros
benefits, free lunch every last day of the month
Cons
stressful
Fun environment with good incentives
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 3, 2016
Great work incentives with opportunities for higher compensation upon performance within you first year. Fun environment with monthly bonus opportunities.
Pros
Monthly bonuses, good benefits, great environment, fun activities at work and outside of work provided by company
Cons
Work schedules, job security, fines or caps on monthly bonuses
Great company to work for
Bi-lingual Account Representative-legal dept (Current Employee) –  Richland Hills, TXApril 22, 2016
Working for PRA Group is one of the best jobs that I have had. From the day that I started training until today I have really enjoyed my job, not only because of the potential to make bonuses, but also because the work environment. My fellow associates are always supportive and willing to help.
The management at PRA Group is very understanding and flexible and they provide a lot of knowledge and training whenever needed.
Working for PRA Group teaches you a lot of interpersonal skill such as better communication, trust and being accountable.
Pros
employer paid benefits, monthly free lunches, being able to participate on volunteer opportunities
Cons
having a changing schedule
Nice place to work
collection rep (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJuly 26, 2016
Talking on the phone to customers probe the customer to set pay @ up on the accounts or pay the balance in full / offer settlements . Follow up on accounts. Update information. Co- workers were great . Management could be better trained. The hard part is keeping the customers on the phone .
Pros
breaks/ lunch free i time month great benifits
Overall great place to WORK
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 11, 2016
Everyone needs a job right? No job is perfect, but working at PRA was GREAT. Regardless of what anyone says about it being "strict" or you have to collect money to have job security... it was all in the "job description" when you decided to apply, no one forced you to apply here. With that being said, if you like having extra spending money and you're motivated/self-driven.. then PRA is the place for you. If I ever move back to Jackson I'd apply here again in a heart beat. Coincidentally, there will always be someone who has something negative to say about a job, but they'll never own up to their short comings or laziness to make them have those feelings about their job. Come to work, do your job and follow your manager/coach collections advice and you'll be good.
Pros
Free lunch once a month, Approachable managers, bonuses, great coworkers, benefits
Terrible Management
Mailroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 29, 2016
Constantly micromanaged with little room for advancement. Slave labor. Wouldn't wish this job on my worst enemy. Terrible pay and benefits.
Cons
Managment, overall workday
Favoritism
Legal Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 12, 2016
The department I was in was dull and uncomfortable. The work was extremely easy.The lady that trained me showed too much favoritism and set me up to get fired. Horrible environment but good pay.
Pros
Free food at the end of the month
Cons
Senior Employees and Managers aren't professional. The dress code needs to be enforced
A total joke
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 10, 2017
This job is very stressful. They are all about money and really don't care about their workers. One little mistake will get you out the door. Some management has little to no respect for majority of the workers. If you aren't buddy buddy with the managers or don't kiss up then this most surely is not what you want to get into
Typical call center
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 17, 2016
Job is easy, you call a bunch of angry debtors. Can go hours without speaking to anyone. When I was there making bonus was easy but it has since changed. I like that no one works after 11 and full time works only one weekend a month.
Pros
Pay is ok, you can make a living, hour lunch..free lunch one a month
Cons
Co workers, Management
Challenging workplace, but good pay
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 25, 2016
Days can be long and seem unfulfilling. Sr. Management does not always provide the necessary support that staff needs in order to be successful. Most difficult part of the job is representatives who only are interested in doing the minimum, and have no forward mobility or desire to progress.
Cons
Schedule
Unprofessional
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNDecember 29, 2016
I was aked asked to be dishonest on a regular basis. This place was not for me however things change and hopefully this us one of them. The company offers benefits however is quick to threaten taking them away.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
constant threatening
Fun Place to Work
Account Executive, Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNSeptember 6, 2016
Fun environment, goal oriented, ever changing, satisfaction from helping customers, fun contest and giveaways, great incentive package, full benefits.
Pros
fun enviroment
Cons
flaws in policies
Productive workplace
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSJanuary 3, 2017
Productive and strict workplace with a lot of benefits for a job well-done. There are a lot of rules to follow and abide by. I only left due to illness.
Benefits
Cons
Strict environment
Collection somewhat misunderstood
Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 5, 2016
This was my first collection job and when i started out i really did not think i was going to remain with this company however knowing that i can not resist a challledge I stayed for six years and when i resigned I know I mastered my position, i went from account representative to account manager and the bonuses were monthly.
Pros
money opportunities can be good, advancment as well
Cons
not consistant with goals they set for employees, if you do not meet required goal then you have a problem.
Alright benifits
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 25, 2016
They care about that money. The managers are down to earth. You also get free lunch at the end of each month. Good work place. Needs better benefits. ok
desk job
Skip Tracer (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAMarch 12, 2016
I loved my job... you go to work, you clock in and you locate people and have thier cars reposessed. difrent clientel for banks. you have to have determination, communication and gift of gab. time management is huge. you have alot of accounts and only short amount of time to locate collateral and secure it. not all accounts are good. people can be volatile at times but hey you are trying to take a car from them that they havent paid on in months or years. must follow all state rules regulations, monitor and record all calls. it was a great fun job overall. must have positive attitude. you are given a quota and will not always hit your quota. base pay and comission. the more cars you get, the more pay you get. you can make a career out of this line of work if the management is good. you could even do this from home if they allowed it.
young management with no real experiance, favortism amongst workers, not enough recognition for those that actually do the job right. awards only go to the same people over and over whom started the business with them. no room for advancement unless you are a personal friend of management. no consistency, rules change daily and lack of communication
Pros
flexible hours, great co-workers
Cons
young management with no formall training, favortisim favortism favortism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PRA Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9