PRA Group

PRA Group Employee Reviews

Collection on old accounts
Collection Representative (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Compensation for work
Cons: Had to leave
Handled high volume of incoming and outgoing calls. Make payment arrangements on old accounts to clear up balances. Defuse any volatile customers calmly and courteously.
Account Representative (Former Employee), TNAugust 18, 2015
Helping customers establish their debt. This job is strictly collection calls from all kinds of vendors. Making payment plans for the clients.. etc.
great work place
Debt Collector/Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 9, 2015
great work place, fun environment, fast pace, made a lot of money, friendly co-workers, learning experience, great manager, great manager, great manager
Advancement
Team Lead (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Free EOM Lunch
Cons: Only 7 Holidays
From entering into PRA I experienced Growth. Rewarded for what you do. Team Spirit is more like Family. Relocating is the only reason chosing to expand work search.
The bonus are good and easy to get.
Account Representative (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 30, 2015
Pros: The biggest pro is that there is no cap on the bonus.
Cons: The cons would have to be the healthcare program.
A day at PRA can be very challenging, and there are days when it can be very easy going. I have learned that collections is not customer service. You have to be more go getter and over come objectives. the management there I would have to say are a bit different than what I am use to, but I adapt very well to different situations.My coworker are wonderful individuals that are very goal oriented. The hardest part about my job I would say, is speaking to some of the customers. Lastly, the most beneficial part of my job would have to be helping customers get out of debt and the bonus I receive.
Insular department- both a blessing and a curse
General Counsel (Former Employee), NorfolkJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Enclosed department- quiet.
Cons: Enclosed department- not a lot of outside interaction.
I appreciated the work load and the necessity of suit-dashboards for the attorneys, it was a learning experience in terms of the systems I had at my disposal. I enjoyed working there but didn't have a lot of opportunity to mingle with other department's.
Good decent call canter
Bilingual Account Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 24, 2015
Pros: good lunch hours, great pay with bonus when goals reached, good benefits
Cons: hours very on different days so hard to balance family and work
To many rules about leaving desk, managment sometimes aren't around for assisstance, but good people to meet and great place to learn to better customer service skills.
Collections
Account Representative (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 21, 2015
Inbound and outbound calls to collect debt nationwide. Followed a call flow script. Very critical on calls however wanted you to second voice calls for your peers which lowered your production goals.
New site
Account Representative (Current Employee), Richland Hills, TXJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Pay, benefits, and growth within the company
Cons: new site, inconsistent
The site I work in is the newest site. The office has only been opened a year and a half. With that being said there's a lot of learning going on and it makes it kind of hard to do the job. There are a lot of inconsistencies. I think there is a lot of potential at this job. I have learned to try new things and step out of my comfort zone at this job. My coworkers made the job a little easier. As far as management goes I think they are trying to get it together still.
Good money and that's it.
Account Rep (Former Employee), 38305July 6, 2015
Pros: Good money
Cons: Not much job security
It's a great career if your good at it.If your not prepare to be hounding until you are good enough or quit.All this comes with constant rule changes.
Worse place to work ever
Account Representative (Former Employee), Homewood, ALJuly 1, 2015
Pros: free lunch and bonus
Cons: Management, no real time off and tight work hours
Coming to work was like being a slave. they gave away great gifts to win but management was horrible everybody sleeping together and no one wanted to own up to there wrong doing.
PRA
Account Representative (Former Employee), norfolk,vaJune 30, 2015
The job is okay. The management could be better. I think they should be more family involved. The co-worker are nice and the customers are nice. The hardest part of the job is being treated wrong by your employer.
its a place where we help each other and have team outting to keep us together its like have family
Account Manager (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 29, 2015
Pros: free lunch at the end of each month and great bonus
Cons: when we have slow days when there not many customer to deal with
A typical day at PRA is fast and busy. We learn how to deal with disputes and how to get people to start paying on there debt. The management is fair and my co-workers are great people we ll help each other if we have a question.. Sometimes the hardest part is to keep our customers in paying status. How we come together as a team and if someone don't make goals we all help each other to make goal because we are all a team.
Productive work environment
Docket Clerk (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 25, 2015
Great company with great benefits. This is a stress free and productive environment. There a many opportunities for advancement.
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 22, 2015
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job

DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.

Your company review and job title will be shown publicly on Indeed.
They Look out for Certain People
A/R (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 18, 2015
Pros: Great pay, great incentives
Cons: Discrimination, need to be in popular crowd, hard to get a raise
They have polices that only apply to certain people. . I have personally see them fire a pregnant girl that was the glue of them. She used to stay over when we stayed over by herself and print checks for them. She was our go to person. But she was super ill and they fired her.. She was never given a star, she was never recognized but the office knew..Sad... they policy is screwed up. And the department has been falling apart ever since. She is from New Orleans so I'm sure she put voodoo on them.. lol

I then saw a man leaving and was given time to go setup and at his new place for the same time she was out and he ended up quiting early. They also let this Valley girl come in and set up an employee who had been there for a long time got him fired. Gave her his job then she said I am moving and they made her job remote.. plus gave her employee of the year..

They have this girl on our team who walk around violating all kinds of dress codes but she get away with it cause she don't have no kind of shape and super skinny.

Same rules should apply to everyone. .
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Debt collector (Former Employee), Jackson, TNJune 12, 2015
Pros: EFFICIENT
Cons: WORK HOURS
I ENJOYED THE PEOPLE THERE AND THE WAY THE COMPANY WAS RUN IS WITH INTEGRITY AND EFFICIENCY. THE ENERGY IN THE OFFICE WAS ALWAYS GREAT. THE OFFICE WAS ALWAYS STRIVING TO DO BETTER
Fun environment with great team members
Account Representative/Collections (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 11, 2015
Pros: Free end of the month luches, Uncapped bonus structure, and able to work around school schedule
Cons: It can get boring very quickly and rules are always changing.
A typical day at work will consist of logging into a computer as well as a phone. The first thing that will occur is a 5 minute meeting from management which will cover the daily goal for that day as well as any compliance issues that need to be discussed.
What I learned from this job is how to work with a team as well as how to build their confidence to be the best employee they can be. I also learned that whatever goal you set forth you can reach it with hard work, dedication, and determination.
Management is okay from time to time and they are willing to help whenever help is needed.
My co-workers are easy to get along with and are always willing to help when needed.
The hardest part of the job is the customers giving you a hard time on the phone call and overcoming any objection they may have.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact you can be yourself and use a wide range of creativity on the phone calls.
Good Place to work
Debt collector (Former Employee), Hutchinson, KSJune 9, 2015
Good Place to work it a basic restaurant it followed all rules and regulations that are to be followed. Good management good people over all a good place to be employed
Fun place to work
Debt Collector (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 8, 2015
Pros: bonus's were great, fun and games
Cons: benefits, free lunch, oppertunity to win trips
Enjoyed this job, it is a great place to work, I reported and sat in a cubicle with a phone that dialed and called people to encourage them to pay past debts. Co-workers were very helpful. I just was not a very good debt collector
Headquarters