PRA Health Sciences

PRA Health Sciences Employee Reviews

Productive but too many roles in one job
Clinical Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville FLFebruary 3, 2016
There was an opportunity to work in different roles except they were all at the same time. Unmanageable with multiple priorities
Great Company
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 27, 2016
We followed the policies and procedures. It was very organized, everyone helped one another. You new what job you were performing each hour. We followed Good Clinical Practice code. I loved working with this company.
Pros
The position was very physical, but you learned so much about clinical trials.
Cons
Management was not very clear all the time.
Summary
Medical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 25, 2016
Being able to work under a medical stuff that makes sure that the study drug administration is complete and helping our study participants feel as comfortable as possible.
Gained a lot of useful skills
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJDecember 6, 2015
I really enjoyed working with CRI Worldwide, then changed to CRI Lifetree; and I left before PRA. I learned so much and everyday was different. I was well respected and given many important responsibilities Proud to have been in charge of establishing a whole new department (the assessment center) .
Love it
Medical Research Associate(LPN) (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJNovember 2, 2015
My experience with this company has been very educational. I am looking to expand my career. They offer plenty of room for advancement
Productive and fun place to work, travel to amazing locations world wide
Lead Clinical Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 12, 2015
Supportive management, assistance paying to further college education, work our facilities, global travel, great benefits, fun laid back work environment.
Typical day
Patient Liaison/Lab Tech/MRA (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 28, 2015
I start off the day by running errands for the clinic, then I'll deliver packages to the appropriate departments, help in lab if needed, distribute food to subjects and take care of anything else that's needed for the day.
The majority of the people I work with on a daily basis are very nice and helpful. If I have any questions they always are willing to help. They are what I enjoy most about working.
However, every workplace has it's down side. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the people who are rude and petty. Unfortunately, most of those people are in management.
Pros
Most co-workers are cool and helpful
Cons
Sloppy and unprofessional management and disregard for personal obligations/schedules
Amazing place to work.
CLINICAL DATA COORDINATOR CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  KSSeptember 26, 2015
I had a 3 month contract with PRA. The management was exceptional, the coworkers were very helpful.

A typical day included discrepancy review in OC for paper based studies, listing review, quality control of data entry.
Pros
Excellent work environment, opportunity to expand skill set, fast paced work environment.
Cons
I was only on a short term contract.
Fun Workplace
Executive Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 21, 2015
The story of PRA Health Sciences would naturally talk about how we’ve become one of the world’s largest CROs. It would talk about our innovation and growth and would speak to our operational efficiencies and transparency. It would highlight our expertise and customization. And it would touch on the incredible differences we’ve made, over our more than 30 years, in helping to bring to market everything from niche treatments and therapies to blockbuster drugs.

More than anything else, our story would be about people. Not only our over 11,000 employees operating in more than 80 countries, though they’d certainly be a big part of it, but also the people that inspire them. The heroes of any PRA Health Sciences story are the clients we serve and the people whose lives we help improve, all over the world. And our story has only just begun.
Great Opportunites
Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2015
PRA has a wide range of clientele, as well as a bench program and good benefits.

Coworkers were great to work with and very supportive.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Management between sponsor can be cumbersome and time consuming.
PRA is a great company!
IT Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAAugust 27, 2015
Simply put, I wish I had never left. I left behind a lot of great folks who genuinely cared about coming to work.

I would go back given the chance.,
Pros
Good pay, good work life balance. Great people.
Cons
Management can be a bit edgy, the company is in perpetual flux.
Great place
Clinical Informatics Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 17, 2015
I really enjoy my time at PRA health science. Flexible work hours and great co-worker. Management was great ,great support in daily activity if needed. Nice place to work and educate yourself.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
healthcare
PRA
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAAugust 15, 2015
PRA was a great place to work. The hours were flexible and my co workers were great. The management did not hover they allowed to do your job. I learned a new data base; when my contract was over i was placed on bench, which means instead of them firing you they hold on to you and pay you until another opportunity came along. No other company does that.
Pros
Great salary and oppurtunites
Cons
Being laidoff
A good way to gain experience
Data management (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 13, 2015
Coming to PRA I had goals in mind of finding a stepping stone into research and getting the experience needed to move up or move on. The On Boarding process was confusing with 3-4 recruiters assisting. They failed to communicate the 20 days of personal time was acruded per the time on the job and any unused time would not be carried over. My job site was moved to a new site within the first hour of my second day. They would not provide me with a salary range given my inexperienced status and I had a hard time finding it within the HR info. The healthcare benefits were expensive - thank goodness I only needed to cover myself! The training was at my own pace via my computer. It was poorly executed but my team was supportive. They do offer training and will pay for the certification I want to obtain.
Pros
Quickly hired
Cons
Personal time
Too much corporate red tape.
Sr. Clinical Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 10, 2015
Training leaves much to be desired. There is too much emphasis on corporate requirements, which leaves too little time for actual project work, resulting in lots of overtime.
Fun Place to work.
Medical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 16, 2015
It is a place that you have the chance to learn and improve every day. They want you to move up and succeed. Everybody is always happy and motivated, the supervisors are very helpful.
Poor Coordination and Communication
IT System Engineer 2 (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAMay 9, 2015
Was set up on a 2nd interview and given a range of times the managers were available to meet. HR person said everything was set and a followup email was forthcoming. Got a call 2 hours later that everyone wasn't available, one manager didn't put a PTO in the calendar/system, another was offsite that day.

We agreed on an alternate date a bit later. Got another call saying that they weren't available but COULD meet 30 minutes earlier on the original agreed time but at a different location.

Shows a lack of internal communication and coordination, disconnect between regional HR and local management teams. May be a nice company but know what you're getting into before you apply.
Pros
Good PTO
Cons
Poor internal communication and planning
Ok CRO
In-House Clinical Research Associate I (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAApril 13, 2015
Ok company to work for. Needs more opportunities for advancement. Would be an excellent company if pay and benefits were better.
Great Atmosphere, Great Location
In-House Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAApril 1, 2015
Great Atmosphere, team oriented. Managers were great and easy to work with, gain a great reputation with each one. Co-workers were pleasant and easy to get along with. Mature atmosphere.
Adequate training program. Growth potential if you put your work in.
Very busy, opportunity to learn
Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 24, 2015
Great opportunity to learn and develop. Co-workers and managers are friendly. Managers can stress excessively at times. Good work life balance. Good benefits.
Pros
Take lunch and arrive to work at own time
Cons
Stress load