PRA Health Sciences Employee Reviews

Productive, Collaborative and Fun environment to work!
Associate Director/GCDO Global Trial Leader (Current Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTJanuary 4, 2018
This company is a productive, collaborative and fun environment to work in! I really enjoy the people I work with as well as my manager!The company has great benefits as well as great Work/Life balance for their employees. It's motivating to work at PRA Health Sciences!
Experience At PRA
Senior Clinical Trial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 27, 2017
My experience at PRA depended upon the study I was assigned since it is a CRO.
My first assignment was with Amgen. The study was very fast paced and complex. I worked atleast 14 hours per day and it was very stressful.
The second study I was on was very busy but much less stressful and much more enjoyable.
I had 3 managers while at PRA. Two were OK but one was extremely supportive.
Pros
Good benefits, some good management.
Cons
Some not so great management and long hours.
B+; would work here again if required.
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VADecember 19, 2017
PRA was a pretty OK place to work. Not horrible, not amazing. It was pretty average in terms of all attributes by which employees judge these companies.

I began as an application admin and developer, and quickly learned more in six months on the job than I had in four years in college. After the first year, I'd accumulated enough corporate knowledge to realize the benefit and value in such understanding of how companies work, and what their domain of services may be.

Advancement was very fairly granted for effort and results. Within a few years, I'd been promoted once and granted total salary increases of nearly 30% because I worked hard and bore fruit. By the time I left, I'd doubled my starting salary and achieved a level of reputation such that people really appreciated my work and service. Since everything I was given was in proportion to what I'd earned, I believe PRA to be a fair and equitable place of business for which to work.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the wide variety of people that work there -- many different fun and interesting personalities to engage with. The most difficult part was how challenging some of the technical problems were. But that was also great fun for me!
Pros
Benefits, fair pay / compensation, trust placed in employees
Cons
Large company -- easy to get lost in the crowd
Nice company to work for...
Legal Counsel (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 18, 2017
as long as there's work, it's a nice place to work. There are really nice folks at PRA HS, but sometimes the folks at the client's company are not as nice.
Pros
The "bench" makes the job more secure.
Cons
If there's no work assignment available, your employment will eventually be terminated.
Overview
Senior Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC, HDQDecember 15, 2017
Typical CRA position, home based NE region.
3-5 days/week travel.
management: average.
under assignment with a Pharma company. CRA follows Pharma company.
Good company to work for
Senior Director of Business Operations (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CADecember 11, 2017
PRA offers the individual a chance to participate in the outcome of their work environment. For the most part leadership is supportive and the message about vision is clear and easily followed.
Toxic environment, absolutely not recommended
Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 20, 2017
Job would be ok, but lazy and inept managers make an horrendous work environment. Old computer systems, outdated procedures and lack of transparency make the employees frustrated. High turnover and poorly run-studies. Promotions and raises are not merit-based. Not a place to stay very long.
Pros
Free coffee, tee
Cons
outdated management style, top down approach, HR people are totally unqualified for the job
Great people, great working environment
Vice President, Statistics and Programming (Current Employee) –  Bluebell, PANovember 14, 2017
The day is a mix of standard management activities and actions, plus contributing and reviewing reports, reviewing bids, preparing presentations, defining and actioning new initiatives to improve processes or incorporate new service offerings.
Pros
Tremendous personal learning opportunity to manage global teams of statisticians and and programmers
Cons
For me personally, I am a little too distant from the science of the individual studies.
only two cons
Clinical Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 7, 2017
Don't expect line management to advocate for your promotion- you are not likely to get a promotion without leaving and coming back (at least that is what I was told). Negotiate a higher salary when you are hired because yearly increases are extremely low, despite stellar annual reviews.
inconsistent work hours
Senior Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Home BasedNovember 3, 2017
inconsistent work hours, was contract position initially and paid by the hour but not willing to pay for time expected to be available. Payment on time. Number of work days per month inconsistent
Excellent Friendly Flexible Company
Senior Clinical System Developer (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 1, 2017
PRA is a wonderful place to work. The Managers are extremely flexible and understanding and listen to your needs. Unfortunately the opportunity to meet those needs is not always available.
Pros
Flexible, Global team very friendly atmosphere
Cons
Under Paid by a lot compared to other CRO's
Interesting work
Administrative Associate/Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 25, 2017
Dealt with a lot of international directors. Very interesting business. Assisted in coordination of large conferences to host people from all over the world.
Depends on your client
Biometrics Project Manager (Former Employee) –  homebasedOctober 23, 2017
Management screwed everything up by changing from the Clinical Informatics to the Biometrics structure. No support from management at all. If you can get a good client you'll be better off, but you still have to contend with the age old problem of the CRO business model. To make money CROs need to pay low and over-resource their staff. This means that staff has too much work to do any of it well or the good staff leave for better paying jobs. If you get a bad client then life will be miserable.
Pros
great time off if you're a legacy PRA employee and not legacy RPS
Cons
management, management, management
Skill with Fun having Job
Statistical Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAOctober 19, 2017
The hardest job because of my initial stages of working it was real hard for me to go through but tram members helped to go with flow of the work and helped me when am lost.
Pros
Self paced Environment
Cons
No healthcare
Excellent work enviroment and best experience among all CROs
Sr. CRA (Current Employee) –  Souteast USAOctober 16, 2017
Work environment has been excellent for me. I receive a lot of respect and consideration. My experience and education is taken into consideration. I am properly rewarded for my position, education and years of experience in the industry. Company offers the best work environment among the CROs that I have had the opportunity work at.
Pros
Balance work
Cons
None at this time
Quick paced
Project Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAOctober 15, 2017
You never know what requests you may get as the day goes on. PRA community is great to work with, the company atmosphere is very friendly and cooperative.
Not bad but no where to go
Medical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 4, 2017
Like working here but not a lot of opportunities of advancement. The benefits are worth staying until you can find something better. It's every man for himself here.
Benefits
Cons
Hard work goes unnoticed.
Great Work/Life Balance
LEAD SITE MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAOctober 3, 2017
Great Work/Life Balance. PTO is generous, but it is a "use or lose" structure. Management does a good job of working with your strengths to progress your career
outdated work culture
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 3, 2017
This company values your physical presence rather than output. As long as you are breathing and able to at the office 8+ hours a day (even if you only actually work an hour or two per day and take no responsibility or ownership for your assignments) they will retain you and may even eventually promote you. Work life balance and flexibility is minimal to non-existent at the HQ. The office is a joke, and highly inefficient. It seems like nearly every department is over staffed, yet in reality that means the work is falling to a few people that are picking up everyone's slack and are not being recognized fairly.
Pros
vacation time (3 weeks to start)
Productive Place to work
Clinical Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 2, 2017
Cutting edge Clinical Research Organization. Highly efficient and effective. Part time, temporary. I would have liked to have been there full time. Home-based.
Pros
Great people
Cons
temporary, part time