PRACS Institute Employee Reviews in United States

non
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 11, 2016
I have nothing pro or negative I taught phlebotomy Ekg's to hundreds of employees this was a company that was a drug testing company
Fun work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 9, 2015
Diversity of studies to include diabetic and healthy reseach subjects, great co-workers flexible hours, enjoyed seeing end results of early phase of the research studies, excellent managment, hardest part was seeing the company no longer exist.
Pros
FREE LUNCH
Cons
LOTS OF LAY-OFFS
Always something to learn
Clinical Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 22, 2014
Work was enjoyable for the most part, I had amazing co-workers who made every day flow smoothly
participant/staff interaction
CLINICAL PHLEBOTOMIST SAFETY MONITOR (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 2, 2014
Many opportunities for staff/participant interaction. Unfortunately, this business is no longer in business.
Company went bankrupt due to mis-management
Quality Control Associate I (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOSeptember 30, 2013
After being sold, company declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy, then was sold again, 6 months later driven into the ground and declared Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
Company closed unexpectedly on Mar. 20, 2013
Administrative Assistant - Scheduler (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 24, 2013
Company declared bankruptcy in March 2013.

I learned a variety of jobs in the drug clinical trial business.

My immediate boss was great and I enjoyed working with my co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the all of the scheduling changes.

The most enjoyable part was knowing that my job was helping bring more affordable generic drugs to the market.
Company closed without warning.
Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 10, 2013
No work day. Compnay closed without warning. Staff unsure of paycheck. Subject not paid for participation.
Cons
closed without warning.
Critical thinking provoking duties with an amazing team to work with
Clinical Research Coordinator Associate (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 16, 2013
A typical day at Pracs would consist of some office time when the study documents are prepared, a few hours of screening individuals for particular studies or spending a few hours in the study rooms with the patients, the occasional visit to the lab and most importantly, constant gaining of new knowledge and skills. My Pracs coworkers are probably the best coworkers I ever had. There was nothing in particular hard about the job and pretty much everything was very enjoyable, despite the most random working schedule I had.
Nice place to work, great benefits and pay
Quality Systems Specialist//Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 29, 2013
Company really cared for its employees. Held several employee events. Bonuses yearly. Lived my boss and my bosses boss. Flexibility was the best for me being a working mother.
Pros
great pay, lots of staff activities
Cons
company closed march 2013
Very fast paced, ever changing workplace.
Executive Assistant to the CEO (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 11, 2013
PRACS Institute was a great place to work. Management was very supportive of staff and encouraged thinking outside of the box. Regulated by the FDA and other agencies it was necessary to follow SOP's and to maintain an ethical and quality based work performance at all times. I took part in a variety of meetings, taking minutes as well as contributing ideas etc. I especially enjoyed interacting with our clients and ensuring that there needs were met in a timely, efficient manner. Another aspect of my positions within the different entities of PRACS was supervision of various staff members ub tge Administrative area as well as Client Services. Unfortunately, the creditors of PRACS Institute were not interested in letting the company develop to its potential and chose to file Chapter 7 before it could gain its potential.
Great company to call 2nd home
Quality Control Associate - Clinical (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 2, 2013
Benefits were good. Culture and values embedded to live by on daily basis. Co-workers strive to assist to assure all succeed in their positions. It was a great place to call my 2nd home.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
limited room for advancement
Fast paced, fun filled work environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 31, 2013
As a Project Manager, I gained significant experience with the ability to work with every discipline within the company for successful clinical trials.
Pros
pracs afforded me significant experience, knowledge and skills to be a successful and respected project manager.
Cons
very little advancement opportunities
Fun and family friendly work place
Support Staff Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOMarch 27, 2013
Working for PRACS Institute was a good experience for me. I got to learn new things and worked with the best employees. When PRACS was busy I didn’t have down time. I loved being so busy. Taking care of the subjects was one of my favorite things to do. Everyone knew me and if anyone had a question I would always hear my name on the overhead. Everyone came to me if they had a problem or a question. My supervisor was one of the best people working for the company. If I had an issue with anything she would help me out anyway that she could.
Pros
free lunches, benifets, and vacation
Cons
the company closing down
Til The Bitter End
Director, Clinical Operations & Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOMarch 25, 2013
I loved working for this company. I was there for over fifteen years. I went through 2 company sales, one chapter 11 filing, and then unfortunately in the end, a chapter 7 liquidation. The company was flexible, had great staff, and I was proud of the work we produced
Pros
flexibility, quality
Cons
bankruptcy, not financial stable in the end
Dedicated CRO
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 22, 2013
PRACS institute was a gret place to work, learn abou the CRO industry and grow as a research professional.
Pros
experience
Cons
financial stability
Working out the Kinks
Staff (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MOJanuary 21, 2013
A typical day at work is spent trying to cohesively seam departments and trial processes together across 3 different sites. Communication is a huge barrier between all the sites when trying to figure out best practices. Like the game telephone, you will get 3 different answers when talking to 3 different people about how to perform the same process. However, when something needs to be done, you can expect it to be completed immediately.
Pros
great healthcare
Cons
lack of communication
Clinical Operations (Current Employee) –  St. CharlesJanuary 13, 2013
Scheduling phlebotomists daily. I really enjoy the interaction with my co-workers and other staff.
Great and challenging place to work.
PHLEBOTOMY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MONovember 16, 2012
Great and challenging place to work. Great teamwork. Friendly co-workers.
Pros
fast-paced
Cons
not steady
minium career growth, nothing to learn
chemist (Former Employee) –  scarboroughOctober 9, 2012
Just robotic culture. Not a good place to learn anything new. lack of training/ programs. A place where you can work like a dumb person.
Pros
if you need only money then its ok
Cons
lack of knowledgeable people from vice president to supervisors
International company with quality people
Sample Handling Tech (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasSeptember 17, 2012
Most days were fast paced, stressful, and very demanding. I loved it! I learned how the relationship between the FDA and pharmaceutical companies work. I enjoy the spending most of my days with my co-workers, they helped make this company successful and memorable. The hardest part of the job was slow times, when we had no studies. I loved learning something new each day, and the different cultures ( customs ) I experienced.
Pros
hours, people
Cons
location, building ( old )