Pragmatics, Inc Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 17, 2017
I have thoroughly enjoyed my tenure at Pragmatics and found it to be a great place work. The salary is competitive and the benefits are good overall.
Pros
Free team lunch each month.
Cons
Healthcare plans are a little expensive.
Pragmatics
Financial Manager, Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 28, 2017
I learned nothing at Pragmatics. I taught them the value of good leadership and mentorship. It did not exist before my company was bought by Pragmatics. The employees were good, hard working people, but the company did little to reward their performance and demanded absolute loyalty with no reciprocity. Owners were only interested in their annual personal profit goal and did nothing to share with the employees who helped them earn that profit.
Contractor for the Government
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 9, 2017
This is a contracted position with the government. The company is located in Herndon, VA but the representatives always kept in touch with the client. Always aimed to please them.

They took very good care of my financially as well as with awards and incentives. They have contractors throughout DC & VA.
Pros
Great pay, Awards, Dinners Banquets & Bonuses
Cons
Not local for site visits/paperwork, not much room for growth
fun
IT Portfolio Manager /Senior QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 4, 2017
Nothing much to say, work day was relax the culture was fine. no complains here. happy hour was cool with your coworkers. Yes telework was required 2 days a week.
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 26, 2017
Great company but management can be a bit over bearing. Must improve processes and not make simple task hard. The whole company doesn't move if a certain individual does not approve.
Pros
Great benefits.
A great company to work for
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 8, 2016
A great company to work for. i have met so many good people. there was opportunities to learn. a great team to work with and great leadership.
terrible management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 8, 2016
where do i start? i was very excited to start my first day at pragmatics back in May 2016. On the first day i was told to "watch my back" and be careful who i "talk too" because people are out to get you here. When i didn't think anything of it at first boy did things change! As the weeks went by, other employees from different departments were making me do their work, folders, and spreadsheets while they sit in there office and text on their phone. I was told this is a "normal" and i should get used to it. Management was extremely rude and if you didn't roll out a red carpet for them in the morning and kiss them on the toe when they walked in they had a problem with you. They tried to replace me behind my back WITHOUT TELLING ME what the issue was and why they even considered letting me go. After reading some of the reviews on here i see this has happened before and the company has gone behind many of there employees backs and have let them go unnoticed or without any chance of knowing the reason why many with families and bills to pay. Once i got used to the talk and the immense pressure of doing my job and two others i was not allowing them to treat me like this so i left. As a Millennial who was excited to start in a corporate world this was a rude awakening and a terrible first start. Stay away from Pragmatics.
Pros
full time opportunities with possible advancement in company
Cons
rude and terrible management, manipulative veteran employees, boring work environment, nothing exciting happens here.
Great Company
Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 5, 2015
This was one of the first company's that I worked for on a Dept. of State contract. Great company and great management; would definitely work for them again.
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Siutland MDSeptember 11, 2015
Pragmatics, Inc. is a great company to work for. I enjoy working with them and they are very accommodating when any personal issue arise. Will continue to work for them in the future and recommend personnel.
Fun and busy workplace
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 2, 2015
Although a small AP group, we were efficiently incorporated in the department monthly schedule. As the only T&E Administrator at HQ, the job of reviewing 1500+ expenses was challenging many times. The time difference with the international locations was one of the multiple situations that needed special accommodations.
AP Manager was knowledgeable and supportive .
Treats Employees like Farm Animals
Employee (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJune 15, 2015
Pragmatics also laid me off with no notice while all the while sayings things were ok.

They also said they would pay overtime but not everyone was treated the same for overtime pay.
Reasonably balanced, but typical government contractor
Sr. Training Task Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 10, 2015
This is a company in flux and as such has seen much better days from an employee POV. That said, given the right project and an on-site assignment, and many of them are, employees are not much bothered by the "company culture" as it is subordinated to the client culture.
Pros
telecommuting, although not encouraged, is frequent
Cons
Middle management is hidebound all too often, \; company seems unable to draw on all assets available in a reasonable way.
AV Engineering Department
AV Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 24, 2015
While this company has vast potential to move forward with their AV department. They have management that isn't part of the AV community, and allow project to be approved to be completed without the information required to complete them in a timely manor. I do hope that they can correct this and move forward with success.
Pros
lead av design engineer
Cons
management
Fin Mgmt makes you feel bad
Corporate Controller (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 5, 2015
You will enjoy working there if you want to work 10 hours everyday and get yelled at.
Management not care much about employee when contract end
Systems Analyst/Data Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 16, 2014
ok place to work, family owned business sometime is not good, all finance controlled by family owned business
Pros
gym
Cons
healthcare, no bonus
Pragmatics, Inc.
Instructional Systems Designer (Former Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 8, 2014
Executive management seemed to be out of touch with the employees. No clear project definition for those who are hired to be Instructional Designers. This company is not experienced with training.
It is just a typical govnt contract company.
Software Engineer /Java, J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 9, 2014
It is a mid-size government contract company, friendly and not much different other contract company.
hours of overtime with no overtime pay
Proposal Department (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 23, 2014
I worked up to 30 hours of overtime sometimes and never paid for overtime.

Negative environment, in my department and many other departments.

I did enjoy having my own office. Most all employees have their own office. They throw nice socials after meetings with food and drinks. Though I'd prefer that money go to overtime pay.

In house gym, which is nice.
Pros
free lunches, gym, nice building, most likely to get your own offfice
Cons
no overtime pay
Family owned and ran business has pros and cons.
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 19, 2014
The company has a good life balance. Of their six core competencies they stand out in software engineering and audiovisual and learning technologies. They are very good in these two areas. In addition, they are CMMI-5, ISO 9001, 20000-1, and 27001. Regarding software engineering they have sustained and updated JOPES since its initial creation and will do so through 2017. The management is very supportive of process improvement and routinely champion's boot camps for PMP certification The company’s founder is extremely business savvy. Like a lot of companies they faced their first decline in revenue in 2013.
Pros
Good life balance
Cons
Facing growing pains as they transition into being a mid-teir.
A good small company to work for, I would work there again.
Program Director (Former Employee) –  OCC, Washington DCFebruary 25, 2014
Days at the OCC were long. But I had the full support of my team and senior management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pragmatics, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.