Pragmatics

Pragmatics Employee Reviews

Former Employee
Employee (Former Employee), AlexandriaJune 15, 2015
Pragmatics laid me off with no notice while all the while sayings things were ok.

They also said they would pay overtime but not everyone was treated the same for overtime pay.
Project Manager / Solutions Architect
Project Manager / Solutions Architect (Former Employee), Vienna, VAFebruary 2, 2015
Project Manager - Department of Information Systems (DISA)
Provided project management for several DoD, Commercial and Federal clients. Leveraged PMBoK, EVM, ITIL and CMMI quality methodologies to ensure projects were meeting service level agreement (SLA) requirements and contract deliverable schedules. Other responsibilities included developing additional business opportunities by establishing strategic alliances with large and small companies, established teaming arrangements to pursue opportunities in commercial and government markets.

DISA GCSS-J Family of Systems (FoS) Integration
Managed – more... $1.8M Family of Systems Integration (FoSI) task for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), which included transparently managing the cost, schedule, and performance of our work product, team production, attrition and system evaluation, analysis and integration of activities for large-scale IP based C4 (Command, Control, Communications and Computers) systems for DISA.

GCCS-J Systems Laboratory and Documentation
Managed $2.9M Global Command and Control Systems – Joint (GCCS-J) Systems Engineering Laboratory and Engineering Documentation task order. Responsibilities included managing the quality control (QC) and timely delivery of IT documentation in support of systems, applications and the fielding of IT tools for DISA IT systems. Managed sub-contractors, GCSS were responsible for providing subject matter expertise (SME) in the areas of classified C4I systems, network management, testing, IV&V and documentation support.

Provided monthly contractor performance reviews (CPR) using Earn Value Management (EVM) techniques, delivered Contractor Performance Monthly Status Report (CPSMR) to government and contracting officials for tracking and accounting of project financial health.

Advance Concept Test and Development (ACTD) Technical Support
Provided $1.5M Advance Concept Test and Development (ACTD) Laboratory Support task order management, which included managing large and mid-size sub-contractors responsible for providing technical support services as contractually required. Managed the delivery of network and systems engineering services for new systems and IT capabilities that involved modeling and simulation activities within the ACTD/JCTD laboratory.

Net-Centric Enterprise Solutions Engineering Support
Managed technical, operations and engineering support teams for the Net-Centric Enterprise Services (NCES) support for Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). Managed product delivery schedule, integrated master schedule (IMS) to ensure contract deliverables were delivered based on contract schedule, SLA requirements and customer expectations. Participated in all management and working group meetings as required to support the development and management of product deliverables.

Participated monthly program review meetings, reported on the financial health of the task order, financial health, risk management and projected forecasting of support activities.

CFAST Information Support Plan (ISP) Development
Provide DPRA with solutions architecture support in the creation of a web based/portal-based logistics solution supported the Army G6 logistics and IT systems. Provide analysis of collaborative planning tool that utilizes advance GOTS web based technologies and business process for logistics estimates, planning and feasibility analysis, transportation logistics, scheduling and personnel planning. Assisted in the developed and solutions architecture design leveraging Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF – less
Good
System Engineer (Current Employee), Tampa FloridaDecember 22, 2014
it's a good company. I really enjoy working here. I love the area and the job location is great. The management and people are friendly and make it great to come to work everyday. I have learned a lot about system engineering and system admin since I have come on board from the senior leadership.
Good opportunity for hard core delivery of software
Group Manager (Former Employee), Reston, VASeptember 30, 2014
Select Agile teams and client knowledge make it valuable if you can get onto those teams.
Professional, fast-paced environment
Program Management Office Support/Exec Asst (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 17, 2014
From the very first day, I was able to strengthen my multi-tasking skills in this fast-paced environment. There was always something new to learn while the deadlines for contractual deliverables were rapidly approaching. However, my excellent organization skills turned this coul-be-stressful position into a pleasant one.

I enjoy working with such a professional team of people. Skillfull and willing to cooperate in getting things done.

As a government contractor, being the liason between the corporate office and the government agency gives me great exposure to work together with high-level executives both in the contractor and government side. It gives me more responsibilities and challenges that I enjoy and learn from.
Supporting 250 Servers and 400 Databases.
SQL DBA (Current Employee), Arlington, VAMay 13, 2014
Check up on servers on a day to day basis.
Checking logs and keeping tabs on the SQL Server Agents.
Check my most important mission critical servers daily and then 'cycle' through semi-daily or weekly reviews of non-essential servers based on priority

Testing and Validating Backups AND the Ability to Restore Them

Performance Analysis and Tuning

Coordinating Data Pushes and Changes

Code Reviews and Interactions with Developers

Self-Improvement
Great direct Manager
Senior Civil Maritime Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 5, 2014
Our direct manager was great. Worked at a client site with multiple companies. Pragmatics was the last company that I worked for.
Hiring of junior staff and billing them as seniors to customers, to increase profit margins.
Enterprise Security (Former Employee), Tysons Corner, VAJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: worked at customer's site, customer holiday's meant we were off and paid for days the company didn't consider holidays
Cons: willing to hire junior analysts, bill them as senior analysts and let them go when they can't do the work.
Willing to hire junior analysts, bill them as senior analysts and let them go when they can't do the work.
OK, but won't promote within. Or reward for career achievments
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), reston, vaOctober 22, 2013
I appeciate the company for selecting me as an employee. After a few years of working with them, and accomplishing several career goals during the time there, the company was not willing to promote within. Instead, the company traded myself along with other employees to another company where the treatment is no better and in some aspects worse than this one. The remaining employees are still asking for competitive wages or a promotion within, and the company won't budge. Not sure why, when the work being done is rewarded often by the customers being served. I do like that the company participates to help those that are in need and less fortunate.
Very growth-driven company
Technical Writer/Editor (Former Employee), Off siteJuly 12, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: worked off site
Worked off site, therefore was hard to get an impression of company focus or on site personnel.
Caring and professional community.
Security Engineer (IA Analyst) (Former Employee), Scott AFB, ILMay 23, 2013
As a contractor working for Pragmatics at Scott AFB, our team was very close knit, proud of what we accomplished and motivated to do more!
Offers competitive benefits and flexible work schedule.
Security Specialist, Senior Principal (Current Employee), Arlington, VAFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: family oriented and flexible hours.
Cons: management could be more involved in supporting employees working at offsite locations.
Pragmatics is a company that is on the move and diversifies into many areas of expertise. It is a family oriented company that helps its employees grow and improve their skills in their chosen area of concern.
Very poor management. Benefits leave a lot to be desired
Principal Development Engineer (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAFebruary 11, 2013
Cons: benefits, management, business development, company direction
Business development is very limited. Benefits are poor. Starting salaries are acceptable, high employee contribution to medical. 6 year vesting in 401k, with employer match announced once a year. Bonus's require 1 year tenure from date of last award. Very poor technical support.

would never work here again.
Good company for IT staffing
System Engineer (Former Employee), McLean, VAJune 9, 2012
They do their best to find consultants for their clients.
I met many good persons there.