Pragmatics

Pragmatics Employer Reviews

Professional, fast-paced environment
Program Management Office Support/Exec Asst (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 17, 2014
From the very first day, I was able to strengthen my multi-tasking skills in this fast-paced environment. There was always something new to learn while the deadlines for contractual deliverables were rapidly approaching. However, my excellent organization skills turned this coul-be-stressful position into a pleasant one.

I enjoy working with such a – more... professional team of people. Skillfull and willing to cooperate in getting things done.

As a government contractor, being the liason between the corporate office and the government agency gives me great exposure to work together with high-level executives both in the contractor and government side. It gives me more responsibilities and challenges that I enjoy and learn from. – less
Supporting 250 Servers and 400 Databases.
SQL DBA (Current Employee), Arlington, VAMay 13, 2014
Check up on servers on a day to day basis.
Checking logs and keeping tabs on the SQL Server Agents.
Check my most important mission critical servers daily and then 'cycle' through semi-daily or weekly reviews of non-essential servers based on priority

Testing and Validating Backups AND the Ability to Restore Them

Performance Analysis and Tuning

Coordinating – more... Data Pushes and Changes

Code Reviews and Interactions with Developers

Self-Improvement – less
Great direct Manager
Senior Civil Maritime Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 5, 2014
Our direct manager was great. Worked at a client site with multiple companies. Pragmatics was the last company that I worked for.
Hiring of junior staff and billing them as seniors to customers, to increase profit margins.
Enterprise Security (Former Employee), Tysons Corner, VAJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: worked at customer's site, customer holiday's meant we were off and paid for days the company didn't consider holidays
Cons: willing to hire junior analysts, bill them as senior analysts and let them go when they can't do the work.
Willing to hire junior analysts, bill them as senior analysts and let them go when they can't do the work.
Very growth-driven company
Technical Writer/Editor (Former Employee), Off siteJuly 12, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: worked off site
Worked off site, therefore was hard to get an impression of company focus or on site personnel.
Caring and professional community.
Security Engineer (IA Analyst) (Former Employee), Scott AFB, ILMay 23, 2013
As a contractor working for Pragmatics at Scott AFB, our team was very close knit, proud of what we accomplished and motivated to do more!
Offers competitive benefits and flexible work schedule.
Security Specialist, Senior Principal (Current Employee), Arlington, VAFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: family oriented and flexible hours.
Cons: management could be more involved in supporting employees working at offsite locations.
Pragmatics is a company that is on the move and diversifies into many areas of expertise. It is a family oriented company that helps its employees grow and improve their skills in their chosen area of concern.
Very poor management. Benefits leave a lot to be desired
Principal Development Engineer (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAFebruary 11, 2013
Cons: benefits, management, business development, company direction
Business development is very limited. Benefits are poor. Starting salaries are acceptable, high employee contribution to medical. 6 year vesting in 401k, with employer match announced once a year. Bonus's require 1 year tenure from date of last award. Very poor technical support.

would never work here again.
Good company for IT staffing
System Engineer (Former Employee), McLean, VAJune 9, 2012
They do their best to find consultants for their clients.
I met many good persons there.