Prairie View A&M University Employee Reviews

Trying to advance
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJanuary 13, 2017
The University is under new leadership, and trying to re-vamp everything so that it is run well. The efforts for change are coming, but are very slow. The waste and inefficiency is extremely frustrating.
okay!
MAIL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXDecember 13, 2016
Prairie View as a whole is wonderful place to be!! The campus mail room center is a wonderful place, management wise is great! Being there in the atmosphere is great
productive and interesting
Technical Writer and Social Media Manager (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXNovember 28, 2016
As part of the human resources team, I was able to perform multiple different duties all while adding to my resume, and learn more about working for a university.
Great work atmosphere with colleagues
Adminitrative Assistant I & Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXNovember 21, 2016
Typical day included general paper work and grading, answering phones and anything the staff needed. Greatest part of the job was the flexibility of the schedule while I attended classes. The management became more like a family environment because they were very concerned with how the student workers lives were going both work and personal wise.
Pros
free lunches
Your fate lies in your own hands
Student Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Prairie View, TXNovember 11, 2016
If you want to do some meaningful work, let your supervision know and usually they will try to help you. Some supervisors micromanage, while others don't check up on you at all.
Love it
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXNovember 4, 2016
Very professional environment
Superiors are always ready to help
Flexible work schedule
Right amount of seminars and workshops to keep you motivated
Friendly atmosphere
Great work enviroment
STUDENT HOURLY ASSISTANT III (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXJuly 5, 2016
Great school and work environment. I did student hourly, and the staff was great. I learned a lot working at PVAMU. I love the HBCU environment.
The Best Place To Be
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXJuly 2, 2016
I would tell no one to look no where else but Prairie View A&M University to find a job and to go to school. A very friendly and family environment.
Pros
Hospitable, and friendly
Cons
You don't want to leave.
IT is the best!
Computer Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXMay 11, 2016
Being able to create innovating ideas and bringing those ideas to life in order to create new technology around the world. Making everyday much easier to live.
Fun Internship
Transportation Intern (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXApril 20, 2016
I loved working with my supervisor and my co-workers it's more of a family setting. For the most part I was taught a lot about their operating system.
Pros
Work with you
Cons
Not many, if any
It was decent
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2016
I was a student and they hired me with the expectation of learning. I did learn a little in my position, but I felt no sense of security of keeping my job. Takes 2 months to get hired.
lots of work while lots of publications
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  prairie view, texasOctober 11, 2015
Building the 3D soild model
simulating the wind blade in different wind speed cases
cooperate with other graduate students and doctors
the hardest part of computational fluid dynamics is pre-processing: building the model
the moment that the paper is submitted is the most enjoyable part
Prairie View gives me a good opporthunity to prepare myself for the future hardships
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Prairie View, TXOctober 8, 2015
As a employee of Prairie View A&M University for last 2 years I have learned how to communicate with different people with different skills and learn a lot of things from my professors as well as from my colleagues.
Working with students
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXAugust 30, 2015
While working in the library at Prairie View A&M University, was a fun and interesting job. After you finish your task for that day, the supervisor would let you finish your homework.
Pros
Got to do some of your homework
Cons
Did not take lunch breaks
great learning environment. they make sure we learn in multiple ways to get us ready for the real world.
Graduate Researcher-Chemistry (Current Employee) –  Prairie View, TXJune 8, 2015
Arrive at work around 8am, figure out the assignment for that day, try to go at a reasonable pace.

I learned to organize my work and work under pressure
Productive and
Academic Enhancement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXJune 3, 2015
A typical day would be to assist student athletes of PVAMU with daily academic assignments and academic daily events and activities. In other capacities when need my assignments included repairing, troubleshooting technical issues within the department computer systems. The management was average due to position changes which made the level of consistency difficult. The most enjoyable part was the ability to create certain policies that would best work for the faculty as well as the student athletes.
Pros
Free Lunches, Short Summer Hours
Cons
Staffing Changes, Office Space
Productive environment
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXMay 31, 2015
Not much to say,
it was tons of fun to work here
great hours, very flexible with school schedule
great coworkers
great professors
learned plenty
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Very great workplace and fun atmosphere.
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXMay 19, 2015
A typical day is from 8-5 and its a school so everyones on a computer or filing papers and getting tickets to give us to assistant the campus. I learned that computer solutions can be easy and then they can be really difficult but just take your time and figure it out as promptly as you can. My CIO was very vocal in letting us know what we had to do and what needed to be done around the campus, which made me and my co-workers better IT. My co-workers helped when needed and we kept a calm and stress free environment. The hardest part about my job would be the time we have to assist staff and students. I enjoy that they show there appreciation for us as employees all the time.
Productive Work Experience
Student Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXMay 18, 2015
I great environment to work in. I spent most of my time filing papers, answering telephones, or running documents across campus to other departments.
a day
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  prairie viewMay 7, 2015
 Performed bookkeeping duties; organized books
 Answered multi-line telephone system
 Led cleanup of company database and files. Restored organization to personnel offices.
 Trained employees
 Supervised computer room employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prairie View A&M University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3