Prairie View A&M University

Prairie View A&M University Employer Reviews

Productive, Energetic, and Social
Intern (Former Employee), Prairie View, TXAugust 4, 2014
I actually enjoyed working here during my summer with my supervisor/advisor on a series of projects. I had to perform on a scale 1-10 scale and performed at a 11. I always like to perform plenty of work and get it completed to meet deadlines.
A Cultured filled Campus
Public Relations/Alumni Relations Assistant (Former Employee), Prairie View, TxJuly 31, 2014
Prairie View A&M is the perfect place for vibrant individuals who have a love for the betterment of others. A place full of passion following from its students and every other individual on its campus , such a dynamic atmosphere full of change.
Excellent place to learn more about culture, education, astronomy and involve in interesting projects regarding space exploration.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Prairie View, TXJuly 30, 2014
Working in Physics department has always been the most interesting part of my day. It reminds about all the small yet powerful wonders that keeps our universe intact I tutor any student who needs help with understanding basic physics or advanced. The hardest part has always been making students understand that mathematics and physics go hand in hand. – more... Satisfaction for me is about making every student who walks out of the tutoring room with a feeling that they learnt something new but more importantly some interesting.

I also work as a Lab Assistant helping professor's and students to complete the lab experiments, and fill in by handling the labs by myself if the professor happens to be busy with other duties.

The management have been of excellent help for an employee who has lived a world apart and that helped me learn a lot about people and their culture in this place, thus giving me sense of being home where love, care and affection are abundant around me.

The department also let me take part in their other projects to broaden my knowledge. One such project we are currently working on is building a to scale Sinen2-OD-KIT0018 satellite model originally built by Japanese as a part of NASA's ongoing project. – less
Fun fast pace high energy position
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Prairie View, TXJuly 14, 2014
Enjoyed working in the office co-workers were amazing and always so helpful. Creativity was a big thing in the office ideas were always being bounced off one another high innovation.
Spinning instructor/Supervisor over Group fitness and Recreational sports
Certified Spin Instructor/Supervisor (Former Employee), Praire View, TxJuly 12, 2014
Pros: it was something new everyday. marathons, volunteer work..etc
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed this job. I love to workout and this was apart of my major, which is kinesiology. I got to work people out and watch them reach their goals.
Prairie View gives tradition and an opportunity
Marketing and Communications Student Worker (Former Employee), Prairie View, TXJune 30, 2014
Prairie View A&M University is the best school ever! Prairie View embodies everything a student should gain to make it out in the real world. Prairie View gives students the skills needed to got out and compete for success. It is true that Prairie View produces productive people.
Fun, convenient,
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Prairie View, TXJune 19, 2014
This job was great!! I learned a lot working here. The atmosphere was enjoyable and peaceful.
Exciting place to work.
John B. Coleman Library Assistant (Former Employee), Prairie View, TXJune 12, 2014
Pros: check out books and magazines free.
Cons: not a social environment.
Shelving books, helping students, and monitoring employees. Learn how to work the library search program. Co-workers were awesome and fun to work with. Hardest part of the job was learning how to work the microfilm machine. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to read any magazine or journal I wanted on break time.
A work place that offers growth and practical working experience
Student Apprentice Program Leader (SLAP) (Former Employee), Prairie View, TX 77446May 19, 2014
Pros: practical working experience as a student.
Cons: the desire to complete each tasks perfectly, which can be time consuming.
Providing customer service for faculty and staff, taught me how to relate to people from diverse ethnicity and with different personality. The management team is always planning and each member of staff is included in the execution of the different process. My co-workers are friendly, cooperative and we work as a team to accomplish different tasks. – more... The most difficult part of the job is getting the work done in the limited time available as a student worker while the most fulfilling part of the job is meeting the needs of the faculty and staff. – less
Great Place
MEDICAL SCIENCE PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Prairie View, TXMay 4, 2014
Great place to work and receive an education. Great administration and best professional experience to date.
Great School
GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 29, 2014
- Top schools in Texas
- Solid Engineering program
- Growing graduate program
Career Pit Stop
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Prairie View, TXApril 4, 2014
I suggest that working here is only for those looking for something better. Even though I was employed here for 4 years, it was a struggle. My latter years were spent looking for new employment and adjusting to management changes.
Family oriented environment.
Lead Biology Tutor (Former Employee), Prairie View, TXApril 1, 2014
Prairie View A&M University is a very humble and family oriented university and workplace. The faculty and staff are willing to go out of their way and lend a helping hand and advice when needed. As the Lead Biology Tutor, my position entitled me to train other biology tutors, navigate them to any students who were in need of tutoring, and tutor both – more... biology and nursing majors. – less
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee), Prairie View, TXMarch 25, 2014
Wonderful management
Excellent co-worker
very Productive
Knowledgeable
Great Place to wrok
Microbiologist Assistant Intern (Current Employee), Prairie View, TXMarch 20, 2014
The individuals who are there want nothing more than to help you learn and succeed. It is nice to work with all of them.
Great place to start
Research Scientist (Current Employee), Prairie View, TXMarch 12, 2014
It's a research institution with very high potential. Sometimes long days when you begin research and when you are at the end. Its outside along some indoor work. ( Lab Area). However, the work is very rewarding once the research is complete.
Great for graduate students
Student Academic Success Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Prairie View, TXMarch 4, 2014
Working as an Graduate Assistant is great. You get to interact with faculty members.
Research Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), PRAIRIE VIEWFebruary 19, 2014
 Observed literature on nuclear fusion, nuclear fission, fuel cycle, nuclear power plants and its relationship with proliferation concerns, radioactive waste and its effect on the environment.
 Acquired nuclear concepts, models and problem solving skills essential for the success in my future career.
 Worked with professor to grade assignments, quizzes – more... and tutor students during office hours – less
Teachable and Fun
Summer Enrichment Program Assistant (Former Employee), Prairie View, TexasFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: working with people and children, being able to teach
Cons: long hours
Setup and implement numerous activities
I learned how to with many differen personalities as well as learn many different teaching methods
This job was very enjoyable and was not hard at all.
It was fun because I believe in teaching
Was a good job
Student Researcher (Former Employee), Prairie View, TXFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: work experience
Cons: work durring school semester
Progressing research for projects related to different nuclear related fields. I learned basic data analysis and to use radiation transport code. I was managed by the primary investigator. My co-workers where like minded students. The hardest part of the job was the time requirements alongside school studies. The most enjoyable part was getting travel – more... and be exposed to professional in various engineering fields. – less

1 2 3