Prairie View A&M University Employee Reviews

It was research assistant ship work with one of my Professor. I enjoyed the work.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXSeptember 19, 2017
It was temporary job in the school. I used to work in Chemical Engg lab and collected data for the research. My supervisor was very happy with me. This work also helped me in one of my course work which is environmental related.
Productive and interesting place to work
Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXSeptember 10, 2017
Prairie View was an interesting place to work. There was no opportunity for upward mobility nor was there chances of getting a pay raise. However, I enjoyed working with the students. The work environment was relaxing in my office. A typical work day included advising students, and preparation for classes.
Pros
Quiet work environment
Cons
Sometmes had classes on Saturday
Great Coworkers
Financial Aid Counselor (Current Employee) –  Prairie View, TXSeptember 5, 2017
The most enjoyable aspect of working at Prairie View A&M University is helping students realize their goal of graduating from college. It was a joy to know that I played a part in helping students reach that point.
Laidback workplace enviroment
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXSeptember 2, 2017
Tense/boring workplace environment.The workday was not very busy so you often use time to create work for yourself. Loved the commute to and from work. There was not much traffic during rush hour.
(Summer Clerk I (TEMP))/ Peer Dorm Advisor (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXAugust 30, 2017
At Prairie View A&M university, you are treated like family. The job was fun because I loved what I did. the children would always come to me for advice.
My experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXAugust 22, 2017
The department that I worked in was very unorganized and none of the employees knew how to correctly do their job. Although the entire campus and department is not the same, I've had the pleasure of working within two different departments and found out how they were completely in shambles.
Easy going job
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXAugust 21, 2017
A easy place to work very laid back just opening and closing the lab and answering questions as needed. Strict dress code enforced but what do you expect at the work place.
It was a great experience to work as a student worker
Assistant Video Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXAugust 8, 2017
It was a great environment to work at. They tried their best to help you reach your full potential. Although you may had to work longer hours than what is expected of a student worker. It still was a great work experience
Okay Place
CAD Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXAugust 4, 2017
Alright place to work with pay and school life. Not much opportunities for payroll advancement as a student though. I would suggest working there as part time, but not so much full time because of paperwork delay and HR services.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Not enough pay
maintaining a work pool on a college setting
Central Stores Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXAugust 2, 2017
 Coordinated all incoming freight including inspection,
recording, shortages, damages, and control.
 Distributed freight to various departments.
 Performed reconciliation of receiving reports with accounts payables.
 Supervised four full time support staff and ten students.
Great
Student Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXJuly 15, 2017
it was a great experience working here. trials and tribulations come with the job but you have to be able to overcome the obstacles that come your way.
Fun environment and overall Awesome
Equipment Manager (Current Employee) –  Prairie View, TXJuly 10, 2017
I traveled with the sports team and got to know the players really well. I was able to experience different parts of the country and I gained a lot of knowledge through the process. Management was respectful and nice, and the workplace culture was warm and accepting.
Best place to work!
IT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXJuly 2, 2017
I worked in the clean access dept for 2 years as well as the computer lab. The management was very friendly and laid-back. It helped me get into the Information Technology field without having to get a degree in it.
Graduate Assistant Review
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXJune 9, 2017
An excellent place to work and grow in your field with people who will work with you to achieve new heights at Prairie View A&M University part of the Texas A&M University school system.
Pros
Great people, and a good work environment
Cons
Demands alot of hours
Good Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Prairie View, TXJune 8, 2017
Good Place to work. The people I worked with made it an enjoyable experience. I would definitely refer any one I know to apply, and work for Prairie View A&M University.
Prairie View has been a great working experience and provided many opportunities for growth and development.
Administrative Associate III (Current Employee) –  Prairie View, TXMay 10, 2017
I have enjoyed my years at Prairie View A&M University. If I were able to continue working here, I certainly would. The people are truly amazing!!!!
Enjoyed working at this place.
Student Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXMay 3, 2017
It was a wonderful and very influential experience for me.
Nothing absolutely hard and difficult about the job.
Workplace was extremely friendly and had positive environment.
Prairie View A&M University
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Prairie View, TXApril 30, 2017
I love the job, interacting with all the student helps me to grow as a mentor. The history of the campus is so beautiful as an alumni, it made me have pride and believe that I a making a difference.
Very Exciting Environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Prairie View, TXFebruary 27, 2017
I absolutely love working here. The faculty and staff within the athletic department are friendly and the campus is beautiful. I am able to learn a lot from each person who works in a different position within the athletic department. Very close and family like environment.
Great Higher Education Institution
Employment Specialist/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Excellent place for job stability. However no room for advancement. The schools is top heavy in salaries, meaning more pay for executives and not classified workers.