Pratt & Whitney Employee Reviews

Very enriched environment
Executive Administrative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTAugust 15, 2017
Very productive day. Always learning something new about an engine. Management was always available to talk to
Very down to earth environment. Again, the most challenging part of my job was not knowing when to push back. Enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Fun place to work
Best place I ever work for.
V.T.L. operator (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTAugust 13, 2017
The best had everything you needed questions answered clean great machines nice people who would work with you. Good food and a lot of activities for you and the family.
Pros
Very clean
Cons
Great place to gain aerospace engineering experience
Deputy Manager, Global Transition Supplier Quality (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTAugust 8, 2017
Pratt & Whitney (P&W) is a good place to work because it offer a vast array of jobs within one campus. However, the work is hard, the hours are long, and the pay is low. If a person is looking for Aerospace Engineering experience, PW is probably the best place to go. However, gaining that experience will also require a lot of sacrifice by the employees.
Pros
Large array of job opportunities available
Cons
Low pay, high cost of living for its main campus
Decent pay
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 1, 2017
A good place for hourly workers. Salary workers must work long hours and the compensation doesn't justify the hours worked. Management only cares about getting parts out the door.
Pros
Pays for education after one year employment
Cons
Long work days and little to no respect from management
Decent place to work
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJuly 29, 2017
Needs to improve workplace culture to adjust to the change in the makeup of the workforce. Need to provide more advancement opportunities. Management needs more training.
Great Company to work for !
Blender / CNC Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 22, 2017
This place is a great stepping stone to get experience with Aerospace manufacturing. I can say 99% of my days I have worked here have been a positive experience and I have learned many skills here in the short time i have worked with Pratt and Whitney.
Pros
Flexibility on Schedule and work hours
fun place to work
Engine Systems Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJuly 18, 2017
You will be challenged by aggressive requirements, aggressive budgets, and aggressive schedules. You will be afforded the best of tools and applications
Pros
challenging
Cons
challenging
Fun place to work with opportunity to advance
Continuous Improvement Engineer/Project Management (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJuly 11, 2017
overall good place to work, positive learning environment, opportunity to move up in the ranks fairly quickly but some moves are due to continual managment/supervision moves, flexible work schedule/hours, culture could be improved but difficult to change when average employee has been there for over 10 yrs, most enjoyable part of job is trust and job freedom (with most managers)
Productive Quality Team
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 7, 2017
Quality Inspector, Inspect blades, Laid back easy work, The job wasn't hard at all, I learned QUALITY. I enjoyed being a part of the quality team. I feel we're the heart of it all. Production gets us what we need and its our job to make sure were releasing QUALITY parts.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Poor Management
I worked through Kelly Services (agency) - both companies are fantastic
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 5, 2017
I was responsible for checking compliance issues regarding contracts and updating Excel sheets with data such as expiry dates, division, manager or project lead names, etc. Hardest part of the job was the commute, one hour each way.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
commute
Challenging place to work
Intern, Signature Discipline Group (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 14, 2017
Working at Pratt and Whitney was always a very mentally challenging endeavor, there were few times where I felt that I was provided with a task that I already knew exactly how to accomplish. I felt that getting challenged on a daily basis helped me progress as an intern, and helped me gain a lot more experience in the engineering disciplines.

My manager at Pratt and Whitney was always open to hearing concerns addressed by employees, and very engaged with all levels of the group I worked at. He did a great job of helping to mentor myself and the other folks that worked there, and helped ensure that we had everything that we needed to get the job done.

Everyone at Pratt is extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to share their experiences with you. I think that everyone understands that in order for the newer folks to rise to the level that they need, they have to be willing to listen to all of the questions that we have and to provide advice.

I had a blast working with the group that I did, and they went out of their way to make sure that I felt like a part of the family. For an internship, I felt that they went above and beyond what I could have expected as far as being a sort of "transient" employee. For that, I am extremely grateful and humbled.
LovedMechanical Systems
Project Engineer/ Product Leader (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJune 13, 2017
Well educated, earnest hard working engineers very interested in designing great products.

Great 6S program that really helped make the group better able to do great work.
Financial Analyst
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CT 06108June 11, 2017
I worked there for 13 years in various Financial Analyst roles. Some management individuals in the Finance organization, hold people down and do not let them advance their careers. The company has been known to offer volunteer packages and non-volunteer layoffs in order to thin out the herd so to speak (retirees).
Pros
Intelligent workforce, good hours, good benefits and flexible work schedules
Cons
You're responsible for your own career - very little help from HR or Mgt
Productive busy job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJune 7, 2017
Answer incoming customer RFQ, and sales, Create new customer identifications. Invoice issues. process sales order verify shipping end user information. Create RMS's as needed. resolve shipping customer custom's issues
Pros
relaxed setting
Cons
never changes in shifts or advancent
Good Experience
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 5, 2017
Good working team and management. Helping to assist operations daily with productions needs. Daily review of Material Review Board dispositions such as rework, scrap, reinspect, return to process, or Engineering disposition.
Mom and Pop company
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTJune 5, 2017
Even with few years with the company and right out of college, these people could be promoted to be managers if you know someone or know how to kiss butt.
Pros
big names
Cons
poor health plan. No upward movement unless you know someone.
Pratt and Whitney - My Beginning
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTMay 31, 2017
I worked a one year internship with Pratt and Whitney in the Procurement department right out of college. I loved it there and tried many times to get back in the company. I currently am back in the company and glad I did this year at Pratt and Whitney.
Work/Life Balence
Bond Room Clerk (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMay 30, 2017
Job is flexible, however the only down slide is that it is temporary. I have learned the SAP system which is a globally used system. i have also gained more knowledge when it comes to aircraft.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no health care, job is temperary
Good Company
MATERIALS TESTING INSPECTOR LEVEL II (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAMay 28, 2017
This Company was good I have nothing but good things to say. this was a great place to work all good al good all good great place to work all good all good.
Innovative
Environmental, Health, and Safety Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2017
This company is definitely one of the better ones. The fellow employees are helpful and management is always open. The work days are pretty great too. Go in at 7:30 get out at 3pm!
Pros
Great Work/Life balance, Benifits
Cons
Unfortunately this specific branch is now closed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pratt & Whitney. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval