Pratt & Whitney Employee Reviews in United States

Great pay and benefits
Plasma Operator (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXOctober 22, 2015
Was able to learn additional jobs and help out in multiple areas. Some employees were not held accountable for their lack of production.
Great place to work. Your learn allot of high tech stuff.
Analyst Engineering Service (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTOctober 20, 2015
Productive and high tech company. Great plus to work. You feel like part of a team. Your part of the team to solve problem that occur on regular basis.
Pros
People there are friendly and able to advance in your career.
Cons
Military sequestration spending cut backs
Great learning opportunities
Flight Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 17, 2015
There is no shortage of learning opportunities at Pratt. At any given time, you can find yourself a mentor working on any number of projects.

Highly recommended.
Great Place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXOctober 17, 2015
Production as women welder was the same as for the men .
Worked my shift or as needed stayed busy learning new trades for the 15 years here.
Pros
Beneifits
Cons
Rumors
Cell Leader/Inspector/ Repair/Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 12, 2015
Pratt Whitney creates an environment of 6 sigma that lives and breathes throughout the company in everything that goes on. I participated in many kaizen events and worked through deep dive analysis to nurture a greater workforce and processes.
Pros
pay and benefits, six sigma training
Cons
company in Indiana went out of business in 2008
Overall Solid Work Experience
Facilities & Services Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTOctober 12, 2015
Great experience while working for UTC. Supportive management allow employees to personally and gives space which is rare for large company.
Pros
Strong mentors who are willing to teach new employees
Cons
Consistent layoffs and turnover year over year
A good job
Lab Technician Co-Op (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTOctober 1, 2015
I only worked there for 6 months on a co op. It was a great work experience. I met and worked with a lot of great people. I learned a lot of things that helped me later on in my professional career.
pratt and whitney
Materials/Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, ConnecticutSeptember 22, 2015
Pratt and Whitney is a very good company but has it's limitations and issues. I've worked with the company for nearly 5 years and have had to deal with 3 layoffs during that period. The company is making due with a work force that is understaffed and in need of a change in corporate culture. Upper management is too secretive and compartmentalized with the information that is flowed down.
Focused on Next Gen products
Technical Manager, Production Test Engineering (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTSeptember 20, 2015
Great engineering and technology company. The company has launched the PurePower series of engines based upon the geared-turbofan concept.
Fly in service center for aircraft repair.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 17, 2015
A typical day at this company involved creating estimates for aircraft repairs. greeting clients who brought their aircraft into the facility for repair. The shop and hangar area were extremely clean.
Pros
Periodic safety awards and bonuses.
Cons
Little room for advancement at this facility.
Love working here
Engineering Finance/EVMS - Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTSeptember 14, 2015
NO PROBLEMS - Fun work place with supportive management.
I would reccomend the company to anyone looking for a job in aerospace
production
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Midland GASeptember 11, 2015
great company good atmosphere I learned a lot about sorting. great co worker. Good leadership. they also respected your personnel time.
Pros
everyone worked together
Cons
Need to hire good people sooner
Opportunity to learning
SAP MM/WM Consultant (Former Employee) –  Norton Shores, MISeptember 11, 2015
That company provide the full Cooperative environment. I joined as a production support for end-user. I organized different workshop to provide the basic concept of using sap mm.
Great company and work environment, dedicated to growing new engineering talent
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kearny Mesa, CASeptember 8, 2015
Great company, better employees its too bad they are closing the site. The job was enjoyable and the learning experiences were abundant.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
site is currently being moved to Florida
Productive work place.
Production engineer (Former Employee) –  columbus GaSeptember 4, 2015
I greatly enjoyed working for Pratt. I wish I had never left. great place to learn and move of the ladder. Very fast paced environment but laid back at the same time.
Pratt & Whitney Review
Warehouse and Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 4, 2015
I find it is an excellent place to work, with excellent benefits and a strong work ethic is shared amongst my co-workers.
Pros
Paid College
Cons
N/A
Company sold to Aerojet
Continuous Improvement Lead (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAAugust 24, 2015
Not a good place to work anymore since it was sold. Under UTC the company had good benefits and growth opportunities. Since being sold massive layoffs have occurred and employee satisfaction is at an all time low.
Supportive management, job security, but one can get lost in the company
Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTAugust 24, 2015
Management is supportive but it's so easy to get lost in this size of a company. Job security is there, work life balance could be better, not as flexible as competitors. Pay and benefits are not comparable to competitors. A lot of downtime. Office space is old and not innovative, the company is very slow in their processes.
Good company to work for
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  North Berwick, MaineAugust 20, 2015
Big company with a good reputation. Suppportive managment with a good quality background. Good job security. Mediocre benefit packages.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Healthcare.
Front end employees
Machinist (Former Employee) –  SpringdaleAugust 19, 2015
In my time of working there, people on the floor are never listened to about new ideas. I put and also others qcpc in for evaluations. But I will be dang a yr later after I put them in , they were still in the holders the next yr. That should tell how interested in our ideas they are. When running a machine I guess you better be 100% not making any mistakes, some cell leaders are more abrupt to make a name for themselves than to find a solution to the problem. Like having a problem with something such as a machine. Lighting or positioning of your body does NOT matter. They will not fix. So if you may have a problem in this area and get a bad part and address it to them. It will NOT matter. And also if they say it's NOT a production plant. They tend to come out and ask every 3 to 4 hrs how long it's going to take to finish. Second shift cell leader especially. So either you feel comfortable running that part. And get a good part without cell leaders interrupting you. Or you get interrupted and make a mistake because of interruptions 3 to 4 times a night being rushed. Other than that. People on the floor , very cool to work with.
Pros
Pay, people on the floor
Cons
Front end people