Pratt & Whitney Employee Reviews

Producutive and efficient workplace
storekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Berwick, MENovember 14, 2016
processed , delivered aviation aftermarket materials through learning the job hands on and through the sap system with my fellow co workers. Had a very good management team and just getting back in the material handling system was hard part.
Pros
had on cafeteria
Cons
half hour breaks
good team environment
Senior Hardware Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVFebruary 27, 2017
Liked the job and the people. The company was out of canada so I never actually met corporate employees but had no issues with the factory level management.
Great company to work for, good bebefits, etc
Storekeeper II / Grinder Operator (Former Employee) –  no. Berwick, MeJanuary 24, 2017
Great place to work, company cares about their workers, good benefits, ergo and safety conscious, etc., pension plan, work force is pleasant...
One of the worst places work.
Repair Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 24, 2017
If you are a young person consider this company as a temporary job. Move on from here.
The company needs good engineers. If you are good and have experience you are a threat to your supervisor. If you are average and just need a job, this company is for you.
Pros
Cons
Many
Good workplace
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALNovember 3, 2016
Lots of drama, needs social improvements. Training is needed. Job security is low. Needs stability. Different divisions need to learn to work together
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALJanuary 3, 2017
I am working at Pratt and Whitney through Aerotek, a temporary agency. I work in the quality department. A typical day consists of doing an incoming inspection of airplane fan blades. We also do final inspection and write up NCR's when needed. The work itself is not difficult and people are always willing to answer any questions you might have. I would recommend Pratt and Whitney.
Pros
Not difficult, co-workers are nice.
Manager (Current Employee) –  North Berwick, MENovember 17, 2016
Learned many things over the past years from shop floor, management to continuous improvement. People are great as well as management.
Fantastic
Quality Control Aircraft Inspector (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 5, 2017
I felt as I was a valued member of our crew and I became a person we where able to count on. I made sure to focus on attendance and punctuality had made our core group operate significantly better. I was extremely dependable with regard to my attendance and regularly exhibited punctuality. I tried to start every day refreshed and ready for any problems I may have faced throughout the work day.
Efficient and supportive work environment
Lube operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 9, 2016
I quite enjoyed working at Pratt and Whitney. All of my co-workers working the presses would help me with keeping up with what parts needed to be sprayed, where pallets could be found, etc. My supervisor would always let me know what had to be done. The shift leaders lent a helping hand whenever I needed it. Although keeping up with the various presses proved difficult at times, the job was never excessively stressful. Operating a forklift, once I got in the hang of it, was quite fun!
Diverse
Lead Design, Drafting / Design Services (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTAugust 26, 2016
Pratt offers a diverse work place with much talent. There is a great deal of opportunities for advancement and learning. Pratt has a considerable amount of work and will be definitely be a long term career.
Pros
family/life balance
Good place
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 7, 2016
Enjoyed it, learned to operate Robot. Learned how to rebuild hydraulic motors met some good people. Could have paid more but overall enjoyed working there.
Pros
Laid back, decent money
Cons
No advancement
Large building with less people
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHJuly 25, 2016
I worked warehouse back in high school, I'm 25 now and this was a lot different from then. I was glad to have worked there as part of a team. I worked as a temp and they seem to treat temps differently. I Wish i was givin the chance to work full time its hard work and thats the best kind of work.
Pros
buzy and always a job to do
Cons
management and unnessery over time
Awful place, slave workers
Worker (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYMay 24, 2016
This place hires through a temp agency, expects you to be a temp for 7 months with no benefits for your family before maybe making you a permanant. You get a 10 min break and a 20 min break. (Try not to choke on your lunch). Your watched every second and if you talk to another person for more than a minute you get in trouble. You have to ask to go to the bathroom. I never in my life imagined that a place like this that makes this much money would treat there employees like this. This is a pre-school not a company. I would have given it a zero star if that was possible.
Pros
Pay after being made perm. Is good for the area.
Cons
Too many to list
Great place to work with nice benefits
ECS Fan Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 14, 2017
It was an excellent place to work and the people were great to work with. Unfortunately the company decided to leave San Diego and relocate back east and to other countries.
Pros
Got to start early to avoid morning traffic
Cons
not much to say
Desent General job
Temp (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJuly 5, 2016
Working at Pratt and Whitney I learned various computer skills as well as adjusting to a slow work pace. Everyday here was different and also learned as I worked. Management was mediocre due to the fact that my assignment was cancelled because of personal vendeda a supervisor had.
Pros
Relaxed warehouse job
Cons
managment could have been better
Diverse culture with many challenging assignment, competitive compensation
Quality Manager ACE Pilot (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTDecember 2, 2015
I enjoyed my career at Pratt having honed my skill set from former Engineer to Business Analyst to Quality Specialist as an ACE Pilot. Most satisfying assignment was working on developing a Quality culture at Pratt.
Pros
Lunch and Learns, Compassionate Managers, Competitive Compensation
Cons
Stressful at times due short deadlines at times.
Great employer!
Manager of Communications, CE & Services (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJanuary 9, 2017
Able to directly support internal and external stakeholders. Always a focus on customers and providing the best products and services. Communications function valued.
Its a good place to work, I dont like how things are done at times.
Repair Line (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJuly 20, 2016
Sometimes I feel management plays favorites. I feel that things cold been done a more fair fashion.They have a lot of good things, it just is not for me.
Pros
4 days a week
Cons
Very hot working conditions
Busy work place but very productive and friendly
Administrative Assistant-Temp (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTDecember 4, 2016
Busy work environment. Got to meet a lot of great professionals there. Managers were busy and I helped them during a busy transition at the company. Co-Workers were quiet but friendly.
Culture and Management Lacking!
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutJune 3, 2015
Culture is extremely cut throat - your best defense is to fly under the radar and just yes them to death. Lots of swearing and mean nasty people who have extended their length of employment from right out of high school. Its a man's world - women don't get very far in this company unless you are ruthless and walk like a man. Management just gets their big fat paychecks and call it a day. Sad state of affairs for a very well known company that has sustained this state for many many years. Layoffs are huge, pensions are gone, pay is lowsy, people are mean. Your better off moving to Maine and working on a dairy farm then working here.
Pros
work/life balance - you can choose your own hours
Cons
swearing, long days, no overtime, merit increases are maximum 3%.