Pratt & Whitney Employee Reviews in United States

pratt and whitney
Materials/Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, ConnecticutSeptember 22, 2015
Pratt and Whitney is a very good company but has it's limitations and issues. I've worked with the company for nearly 5 years and have had to deal with 3 layoffs during that period. The company is making due with a work force that is understaffed and in need of a change in corporate culture. Upper management is too secretive and compartmentalized with the information that is flowed down.
Focused on Next Gen products
Technical Manager, Production Test Engineering (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTSeptember 20, 2015
Great engineering and technology company. The company has launched the PurePower series of engines based upon the geared-turbofan concept.
Fly in service center for aircraft repair.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 17, 2015
A typical day at this company involved creating estimates for aircraft repairs. greeting clients who brought their aircraft into the facility for repair. The shop and hangar area were extremely clean.
Pros
Periodic safety awards and bonuses.
Cons
Little room for advancement at this facility.
Love working here
Engineering Finance/EVMS - Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTSeptember 14, 2015
NO PROBLEMS - Fun work place with supportive management.
I would reccomend the company to anyone looking for a job in aerospace
production
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Midland GASeptember 11, 2015
great company good atmosphere I learned a lot about sorting. great co worker. Good leadership. they also respected your personnel time.
Pros
everyone worked together
Cons
Need to hire good people sooner
Opportunity to learning
SAP MM/WM Consultant (Former Employee) –  Norton Shores, MISeptember 11, 2015
That company provide the full Cooperative environment. I joined as a production support for end-user. I organized different workshop to provide the basic concept of using sap mm.
Great company and work environment, dedicated to growing new engineering talent
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kearny Mesa, CASeptember 8, 2015
Great company, better employees its too bad they are closing the site. The job was enjoyable and the learning experiences were abundant.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
site is currently being moved to Florida
Productive work place.
Production engineer (Former Employee) –  columbus GaSeptember 4, 2015
I greatly enjoyed working for Pratt. I wish I had never left. great place to learn and move of the ladder. Very fast paced environment but laid back at the same time.
Pratt & Whitney Review
Warehouse and Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 4, 2015
I find it is an excellent place to work, with excellent benefits and a strong work ethic is shared amongst my co-workers.
Pros
Paid College
Cons
N/A
Company sold to Aerojet
Continuous Improvement Lead (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAAugust 24, 2015
Not a good place to work anymore since it was sold. Under UTC the company had good benefits and growth opportunities. Since being sold massive layoffs have occurred and employee satisfaction is at an all time low.
Supportive management, job security, but one can get lost in the company
Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTAugust 24, 2015
Management is supportive but it's so easy to get lost in this size of a company. Job security is there, work life balance could be better, not as flexible as competitors. Pay and benefits are not comparable to competitors. A lot of downtime. Office space is old and not innovative, the company is very slow in their processes.
Good company to work for
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  North Berwick, MaineAugust 20, 2015
Big company with a good reputation. Suppportive managment with a good quality background. Good job security. Mediocre benefit packages.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Healthcare.
Front end employees
Machinist (Former Employee) –  SpringdaleAugust 19, 2015
In my time of working there, people on the floor are never listened to about new ideas. I put and also others qcpc in for evaluations. But I will be dang a yr later after I put them in , they were still in the holders the next yr. That should tell how interested in our ideas they are. When running a machine I guess you better be 100% not making any mistakes, some cell leaders are more abrupt to make a name for themselves than to find a solution to the problem. Like having a problem with something such as a machine. Lighting or positioning of your body does NOT matter. They will not fix. So if you may have a problem in this area and get a bad part and address it to them. It will NOT matter. And also if they say it's NOT a production plant. They tend to come out and ask every 3 to 4 hrs how long it's going to take to finish. Second shift cell leader especially. So either you feel comfortable running that part. And get a good part without cell leaders interrupting you. Or you get interrupted and make a mistake because of interruptions 3 to 4 times a night being rushed. Other than that. People on the floor , very cool to work with.
Pros
Pay, people on the floor
Cons
Front end people
Detail Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVAugust 16, 2015
The work can become repetitive at times which is great for some people. I was disappointed I was laid-off. Great quality place to work for long term
Pros
clean work
Cons
routine work
Good company with great benefits
Senior Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 10, 2015
Learned more about composites and worked directly with customers on drawing improvements. Had a great team environment.
Great work environment and knowledge in a new field of work
Prep Cook, Serving Line & Catering (Current Employee) –  North Berwick, MEJuly 29, 2015
While working for Canteen I have learned food service skills that I had not experienced at previous jobs. It's fast pace work that requires diligence and proficient time management skills. I've learned requirements for proper food safety, as well as overall cleanliness for my work area and equipment.
It is a job that requires excellent teamwork from all coworkers to provide the best possible customer satisfaction. Working up front serving has allowed me to gain customer relationships with our regular consumers to provide an overall great experience every time they use our services.
Since I have no prior experience in the food industry I feel the most challenging aspect at first was to utilize and manage my time in the best way possible to complete time sensitive tasks. I feel as though I have quickly learned these skills and feel confident I am doing my job to the best of my ability. Having felt overwhelmed when beginning this job, it is greatly rewarding to now feel confident in what I do and to have learned a new form of work ethic.
I greatly enjoy my coworkers, upper management and overall work environment. Canteen Service Co. is a company I would absolutely work for in the future.
Pros
free breakfast and lunch, weekends off and a set schedule
Cons
No opportunity for full time hours or benefits such as paid time off or health care
fun warm ups before work
Quality inspector (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJuly 29, 2015
It's a nice work environment other employers are welcoming it's like family and the salary wage was the perfect amount for a job like that
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
not enough work sometimes
Loved working at Pratt & Whitney
Design Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJuly 26, 2015
Great place to work but it didn't last. I loved how all the guys treated me with respect and it was a great atmosphere there. Busy but great.
Would work for utc/pratt & whitney again
Government contractor (Former Employee) –  Edwards AFB, CAJuly 16, 2015
Outstanding product, benefits, teamwork. It was a life changing learning experience which I feel everyone should be exposed to during their professional lives.
Love this job
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Whitney, ABJuly 15, 2015
Very energetic team lead,
learnt lot new stuff with engines and fell in love with it,
This job made me to look forwrd in my career and pursue my masters.