Pratt & Whitney Employee Reviews

Pratt & Whitney Engineer
Propulsion System Analysis Intern (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTFebruary 22, 2017
Big company which will layoff 1000 people then randomly ramp up work and have to rehire those people.

Otherwise you are a tiny cog in a giant machine trying to get work done so engines can get out there and fly.
Pros
Pay, Compensation, people
Cons
High Stress, Big company
Great place to work with nice benefits
ECS Fan Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 14, 2017
It was an excellent place to work and the people were great to work with. Unfortunately the company decided to leave San Diego and relocate back east and to other countries.
Pros
Got to start early to avoid morning traffic
Cons
not much to say
It wasn't bad, but it was only temporary.
Blend Bench Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVFebruary 1, 2017
The work environment there was really cool, and everybody was really nice. The work wasn't hard, and it was fun, but it was a temporary job, and management treats you different when you are a temp.
One of the worst places work.
Repair Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 24, 2017
If you are a young person consider this company as a temporary job. Move on from here.
The company needs good engineers. If you are good and have experience you are a threat to your supervisor. If you are average and just need a job, this company is for you.
Pros
Cons
Many
worked as an intern, great internships
F135 Program Office Intern (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJanuary 24, 2017
internship experience was great. I met a lot of people and was able to do some interesting work. Benefits were not applicable to me as an intern. Pay for interns was great as an engineering student. Typical military contractor culture; almost like working for the government directly but there is a bit more leeway for innovation and creativity.
Pros
people, cool products
Cons
tend to expect a lot of hours from engineering employees
Great company to work for, good bebefits, etc
Storekeeper II / Grinder Operator (Former Employee) –  no. Berwick, MeJanuary 24, 2017
Great place to work, company cares about their workers, good benefits, ergo and safety conscious, etc., pension plan, work force is pleasant...
I would recommend Pratt & Whitney
Senior Director, Military Engines (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 16, 2017
Overall a very good place to work, and the future is bright if significant supply chain issues can be resolved. Also need to upgrade IT systems to leverage available data and be more responsive to customers.
Pros
Good opportunities for career development and advancement
Cons
Bureacratic processes
Great employer!
Manager of Communications, CE & Services (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJanuary 9, 2017
Able to directly support internal and external stakeholders. Always a focus on customers and providing the best products and services. Communications function valued.
Excellent team building both management and fellow techs
Allied Resources Contractor (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJanuary 6, 2017
Great benefits, tools and resources offered to provide lock out tag out for over two thousand pieces of machinery and equipment. Safety the ultimate priority surpassing OSHA requirements,
Pros
flex time
Cons
dangeous work, slow and steady
Fantastic
Quality Control Aircraft Inspector (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 5, 2017
I felt as I was a valued member of our crew and I became a person we where able to count on. I made sure to focus on attendance and punctuality had made our core group operate significantly better. I was extremely dependable with regard to my attendance and regularly exhibited punctuality. I tried to start every day refreshed and ready for any problems I may have faced throughout the work day.
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALJanuary 3, 2017
I am working at Pratt and Whitney through Aerotek, a temporary agency. I work in the quality department. A typical day consists of doing an incoming inspection of airplane fan blades. We also do final inspection and write up NCR's when needed. The work itself is not difficult and people are always willing to answer any questions you might have. I would recommend Pratt and Whitney.
Pros
Not difficult, co-workers are nice.
Cons
Busy work place but very productive and friendly
Administrative Assistant-Temp (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTDecember 4, 2016
Busy work environment. Got to meet a lot of great professionals there. Managers were busy and I helped them during a busy transition at the company. Co-Workers were quiet but friendly.
It was a fun job and I learned a lot
Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTNovember 22, 2016
The program I was working on was innovative and ground breaking. A typical day was working on computer programming - the program was a small piece of a large picture. The co-workers worked as a team and family was very important to everyone. The hardest part of the job was not there was no end to the project - there were always improvements. It was hard to feel accomplishment.
Pros
Life balance was good and the job culture
Cons
the program was coming to an end - and the team was going to eventually be reduced.
Manager (Current Employee) –  North Berwick, MENovember 17, 2016
Learned many things over the past years from shop floor, management to continuous improvement. People are great as well as management.
Producutive and efficient workplace
storekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Berwick, MENovember 14, 2016
processed , delivered aviation aftermarket materials through learning the job hands on and through the sap system with my fellow co workers. Had a very good management team and just getting back in the material handling system was hard part.
Pros
had on cafeteria
Cons
half hour breaks
A very productive environment with very knowledgeable co-workers
Sr. Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTNovember 13, 2016
you are expected to work 8 hours very efficiently. However the workload makes you work 10 hours some days. The workload is driven by project delivery. Each person controls their schedule, vacations, etc. My co-workers are friendly, knowledgeable, and self driven. The hardest part of the job is to deal with paper work. The most enjoyable part of the job is the work-life balance.
big company, room for growth
Fracture Mechanics Intern (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTNovember 13, 2016
pros:
modules are fairly productive
much to learn
really good pay/benefits and program to fund higher education
free food

cons:
you either analyze a part for months or manage a system but don't truly know how to do the stuff you're managing: big company
can work far overtime but get nothing, especially as technical
Efficient and supportive work environment
Lube operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 9, 2016
I quite enjoyed working at Pratt and Whitney. All of my co-workers working the presses would help me with keeping up with what parts needed to be sprayed, where pallets could be found, etc. My supervisor would always let me know what had to be done. The shift leaders lent a helping hand whenever I needed it. Although keeping up with the various presses proved difficult at times, the job was never excessively stressful. Operating a forklift, once I got in the hang of it, was quite fun!
Good workplace
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALNovember 3, 2016
Lots of drama, needs social improvements. Training is needed. Job security is low. Needs stability. Different divisions need to learn to work together
Good place
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 7, 2016
Enjoyed it, learned to operate Robot. Learned how to rebuild hydraulic motors met some good people. Could have paid more but overall enjoyed working there.
Pros
Laid back, decent money
Cons
No advancement