Pratt Industries

Pratt Industries Employer Reviews

Impatient training could be better
General laborer (Former Employee), Valparaiso, INNovember 29, 2014
A typical day is very fast paced, ive learned how to measure bottom dunnage for currogated board pallets, and how to opperate an industrial pallet bander. Management could be alittle more professional, co workers were very helpfull, hardest part of the job was getting in the pace while learning the standards of the job, most enjoyable was learning new – more... things. – less
productive and fun workplace
Crew Worker (Current Employee), Springfield, OHNovember 21, 2014
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: machines continuously break down
A typical day at work is when I come into work the machines are running and I have to cut plenty of dunnage in order to complete my jobs. When machines break down you have to find things to do to keep yourself busy. For example, sweep the floor, wipe your station down, and help others out when needed.
Organized and busy work
Production Line Assembler (Former Employee), Hapeville, GANovember 7, 2014
I enjoyed working here. It was fun laid back and busy and productive at the same time. It was fun working on the line with different people and being able to do my part in the assembly line efficiently and effectively.
Fun helpfull co-workers just like second family loved the muffins
Front End Loader Driver (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCOctober 28, 2014
Pros: plenty overtime, good pay, brotherhood
Cons: you can only drive 11 hours a day and work 14
First get route sheet,plan trip,truck inspection,GO GET IT! stay current on daily logs.keep safety in mind at all times.
Review
Single Facer Operator (Current Employee), Springfield, OHOctober 18, 2014
I enjoy what I do at Pratt. I would say the company's management needs a lot of help
Pratt
Warehouse/Line Lead (Former Employee), Dayton, NJOctober 15, 2014
Pros: loved the work
Cons: temporary
Temp Job loved the work loved the production...enjoyed the atmosphere i just wish we didn't have to leave
Demanding work enviorment
Welder (Former Employee), Bridgman, MIOctober 13, 2014
Pros: good pay rate
Cons: unproductive management
Welding of various semi trailers in multiple positions.use of M.I.G welding equipment
Great People
Process Improvement Manger (Former Employee), Southeast USASeptember 22, 2014
Regardless of what type of work one does, you usually have to deal with other people (customers, co-workers, managers, etc.). I have never had a better experience with this than at Pratt Recycling. As a newcomer to the industry, I had to rely on the knowledge of others. My co-workers and managers were quick to share their knowledge and help me grow.
HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT
Feeder Operator AND Stacker Operator (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 19, 2014
NOT ENOUGH PAY FOR THE TYPE OF WORK YOU DO BUT GOOD PLACE TO HAVE ON YOUR BG FOR PRODUCTION AND MANUFACTURING JOBS.
Stable work
Operator (Current Employee), Lewisburg, OHAugust 20, 2014
There is job security at Pratt. You have the opportunity to move to different locations.
Company does not provide performance feedback
GM of Shreveport/Jackson (Former Employee), Jackson, MSAugust 5, 2014
Pratt is overly reactive, and doesnt communicate with its employees
Customer Service and Manufacturing
Customer Service Lead (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNAugust 4, 2014
Pros: lunch brought in monthly
Cons: there are a lot of unavoidable interruptions
A typical day at work is very hectic. I have learned so much about manufacturing and specifically the corrugated business. Management works closely with employees on all levels. This is the type of business that truly is a team based. The hardest part of the job would be meeting all due dates. The best part is meeting the due dates.
how it works
Feeder/ machine first helper (Former Employee), wichita ksJuly 25, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: no time off, some rude co workers, one 20 minute break
every morning there is a safety meeting for the machines. Then we head to our machines to get them up and running I a timely manner then maintain production throughout the shift. most co workers are easy to get along with and there are others who are jus for themselves and very bad communication and attitudes. Management is ok when although sometimes – more... we are over worked with 7 days a week and 12 hour shifts they tend to not care about the labor workers. Most enjoyable part of the job are the paychecks – less
really down to earth people
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment, and generally the days flew by
Cons: having to fire people
Pulling work orders in the morning and distributing them to the workers which would hold them for the day if no emergency orders came through. Help the workers if anything needed to be rushed.
Great Place to Work
EMBA Assistant Operator (Former Employee), Wyoming, MIJuly 11, 2014
I had a great experience at Pratt, just relocated. The wages were great and the work was tough, but it was a good experience.
N/A
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), TNJuly 9, 2014
This company lacks good training and management. Typical day is very stressful.
Keep me busy
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Tulsa OkMay 22, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: working in the heat
Typical work day was 12 hours in the heat. I learned how to run machines. Managment was good at the beginning but then it was bad. The harded part of the job of working in the heat.
Treat you like a nobody
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Springfield, OHMay 18, 2014
Cons: it all sucks
You are treated like &^%$ at this facility. 7 days a week,12 hours a day,overtime without notice. They treat u as expendable,yell and scream at you. No lunch,just 10 minute breaks and some days you do not get your breaks. Very unorganized. No AC,so it is very hot during the summer,like 140 degrees inside plant. They could care less if you see your family – more... or not,it is mandatory overtime or you get pointed/fired. Worst place I have ever worked in my life!!!! – less
Great place to gain skills
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Euless, TXApril 19, 2014
Pros: overtime is always available!
Great to gain skills to broaden your work history portfolio. Great ability to work close to many employees.
Team work and communication needs improvement..over-all good etablishment.
Floor Supervisor/Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCApril 8, 2014
A typical day at work is come in have saftey meeting.Delicate job duty's for the morning.Begin bailing production.I learned how to manage a plant and how to communicate with the manager. I also teach new co-workers different materials.Hard part of my job is making sure everyone are saft and productive.Coming in and seeing my co-workers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Pratt Industries

Pratt Industries (USA) doesn't mill around when it comes to recycling and caring for the environment. The company rivals the world's – Read more