Pratt Industries Employee Reviews

Forklift operator/VMI (Current Employee) –  Schertz, TXMarch 19, 2017
Its a great company and have awesome benefits. Pay could be better but considering the size of plant that i am working for the pay is fine. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I have the opportunity to learn new parts of the job.
Environmentally-centered company with quality manufacturing skills
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2017
A typical day at work was never the same as any other day. Each day brought new challenges and successes. I developed my managing skills at Pratt by starting out as a CSR and then being promoted into the CSM. There was a large turnover rate in both management and support staff. A few of the core members of management were often out of the office. The hardest part of the job was maintaining on-time delivery when promises were made to customers that were not feasible with production schedules. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers, the relationships built among the employees that had some tenure, and the compensation/benefits.
Pros
Compensations and benefits
Cons
Turnover rate
Decent pay with plenty of time off
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 13, 2017
You get 4-5 days off at a time but still get paid 40 hrs a week whether worked or not when you get hired on. Monthly and Quarterly bonus. Management is terrible though.
Enjoyed my position
Forklift Operator (lead) (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAMarch 9, 2017
Safely operate a sit-down forklift between racks and work areas, Load and unload material to and from work zones, Transfer WIP and finished good to their proper locations, Assist with banding & wrapping pallets. Other duties as management assigns
Friendly and Intimate
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 8, 2017
Pratt Minneapolis has fantastic people and good management. Its a small and intimate office. The plant is growing, it has a vision and a great team to make it happen.
Pros
Understanding and accomodating
Cons
No advancement
Over all a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXMarch 5, 2017
Over all a good place to work, never a dull moment, light hearted work environment, team work, management always took care of us with food... many free lunches.
Pros
Kept employees happy with many free lunches
Cons
could be a little stressful at times
You're only alive to serve them
Diecuter (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMarch 3, 2017
Common to work 13-14 hrs. a day. very hard to please bosses other than maximum production numbers. If you cannot keep up get out of the way so they can bury someone else in the ground.
Pros
non
Cons
don't work here
performance based
Customer Service/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 16, 2017
fast paced order entry. Learned every aspect of the corrugated industry. Management is also goal orientated and driven by production results. hardest part of the job..time demanding.
pratt
Die and Cut Operator/ Assistant Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 8, 2017
It's a typical warehouse job that has it's everyday challenges. My job consists of taking care and logging in die cuts and prints in the system, make sure every machine have there items to work with or run. The employee here are like family everybody normally gets along. And I enjoy the hours cause when I get off I have time to do just about anything I need to are spend as much time with the kids.
Pros
TIME WE WORK
Cons
I DO TO MUCH FOR MY LITTLE PAY
Rotary Diecut Operator
ROTARY DIECUT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 7, 2017
Great pay considering what your doing, management actually cared about the employees. Worst part is meeting the ever growing production standards while the machines aren't getting any newer.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHFebruary 2, 2017
Machine operator, this is overall a good place to work. Sometimes there are long hours but the money is good. My co workers are very helpful and the supervisors and managers are also helpful.i was a former employee and left in 2014and was rehired in 2015. I have seen strides to make this a better place to work. This work is not for everyone but I enjoy my job and my Pratt family.
Pros
Good work environment
Productive workplace
Packaging Associate (Former Employee) –  Walton, KYFebruary 2, 2017
I liked it there. I liked the hours and the people. I was led on and lied to about a bonus. It also wasn't enough Pay for my bills.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No healthcare no pto
Pretty good
Loader (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2017
Got along with my co-workers most days went by quick as long as we had orders to do, pay wasn't so bad either i'd still be working there if i could, i sure do miss those guys
Productive work environment
T-Cart Driver (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJanuary 27, 2017
Typical work day is not too bad, but personally I am getting tired of working midnights everyday.
Management is really good and works really well with other employees.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people who I work with. They are really easy to get along and everyone is willing to help out each other.
Pros
Benefits are great, people are awesome, management is great
Cons
Work Midnights, not enough money
Wonderful place to work
Shipping (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 26, 2017
Management will overlook those who strive to better the company. Not a lot of room for advancement. Its more like they babysit the people whom work there
Would not recommend.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 23, 2017
Difficult working conditions, not climate controlled, repetitive labor, early hours, Gatorade provided free of charge, Worked with many temporary workers.
Good employees make the job worth it
Pallet Stacker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2017
Employee attitude and motivations were never an issue during my time there. supervisors made sure to make new employees feel welcome.
Alot of favorites
Baker Rd Springfield Ohio (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 6, 2017
I wouldn't recommend if u have a family...place has a horrible turn over rate...management sucks and doesn't try to help
Pros
Cant really think of any
Cons
All they give now is cost of living raise..no more performance raises
no good review
Single Face Operator (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAJanuary 5, 2017
I'm never happy working there, for example lunch, I never received a lunch break working there, on a 12 hour or 8 hour shift i never got relieved to eat, i survived day to day by eating peanut and candies i carry in my pockets and drinking water, they say i have to watch the machine because everyone else is busy doing their job.
High turnover
Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Macungie, PADecember 26, 2016
extremely hard work for plant employees. work most Saturdays and some Sundays. Be prepared to sweat in the summer and freeze in the winter. High turnover in both the hourly ranks and the management ranks.
Pros
opportunity
Cons
very hard work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pratt Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9