Pratt Industries

Pratt Industries Employer Reviews

Treat you like a nobody
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Springfield, OHMay 18, 2014
Cons: it all sucks
You are treated like &^%$ at this facility. 7 days a week,12 hours a day,overtime without notice. They treat u as expendable,yell and scream at you. No lunch,just 10 minute breaks and some days you do not get your breaks. Very unorganized. No AC,so it is very hot during the summer,like 140 degrees inside plant. They could care less if you see your family – more... or not,it is mandatory overtime or you get pointed/fired. Worst place I have ever worked in my life!!!! – less
Great place to gain skills
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Euless, TXApril 19, 2014
Pros: overtime is always available!
Great to gain skills to broaden your work history portfolio. Great ability to work close to many employees.
Team work and communication needs improvement..over-all good etablishment.
Floor Supervisor/Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCApril 8, 2014
A typical day at work is come in have saftey meeting.Delicate job duty's for the morning.Begin bailing production.I learned how to manage a plant and how to communicate with the manager. I also teach new co-workers different materials.Hard part of my job is making sure everyone are saft and productive.Coming in and seeing my co-workers.
educational place to work if up and coming engineer
Operations Engineer (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYApril 6, 2014
hours are long, shift work 12 hours a time.
coworkers team players.
pratt industries
Certified Fork lift Operator (Current Employee), PAMarch 28, 2014
They are unorganized they changed my shift 3 times since i've been there.
Normal
Production Warehouse Sorter (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCMarch 1, 2014
Cons: short breaks, dirty
A great functioning skill when given a specific range of directions or orders and takes the initiative and value in work which will result in a positive result and feedback from customers.
Pratt
Forklift Operator and Double Backer (Current Employee), okc, okFebruary 24, 2014
They're okay to work for, but not if you want to advance or make a living for your family
Horrible management, low morale, poor pay
Inspection/Slag/Assembly (Former Employee), Stevensville, MIJanuary 25, 2014
Cons: pay
bad management, low pay, no overtime, micromanagement, low company morale, bad benefits
high paced
Front End Comercial Driver (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 23, 2014
the job was actually fun because it allowed me to use my knowledge to get the job done
Enjoyable workplace.
Design Assistant (Current Employee), Emmaus, PAJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: monthly incentive programs
Cons: can be stressful sometimes
A typical workday involves: Quality checking incoming cutting/ print dies, interfacing with customer service and accounting departments regarding new die orders, using CAD table to cut out samples for customers, and using an SAP system to input prices of die orders. My coworkers are typically in a positive mood with a low to medium stress level. Management – more... is very willing to help you learn and grow within the company. I wouldn't say there is anything particularly hard about my job. The longer I work there, the easier my job seems. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning about the corrugated packaging industry and developing my skills as a professional. – less
Worked for the money we got.
Machine Operator (CNC Machines) (Former Employee), Emmaus, PAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: made a lot of money
Cons: no homelife.
I helped make a lot of boxes for different companies, I changed cutting dies on my machine, set up the table for different size boxes. AKA as Change Over.
Overall fair
Roll Room Manager (Former Employee), Valparaiso, INJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: sometimes we would get walmart gift cards for safety award, and carry in dinners, also good vacation time with senority.
Cons: really didn't have any cons expect (moody) people.
This was a very good job for me to take the knowledge and experience I already had and develop it even more. When l first started at this company I didn't have any procedures to follow because it was a brand new company so I used my past experience to set up the warehouse and stock to run efficiently and productively. We would stock rolls so the tags – more... were visible for inventory and easily accessible for all clamp truck drivers. We had a schedule to follow of trucks coming in to be unloaded, follow the schedule, and sometimes when a carrier came in 5 to 6 hours before their appointment we would unload them if no one was waiting in line. We unloaded on average 25 to 30 trucks in 10 hours on our shift.

The hardest part of the job for me was when some of the management and co-workers were very moody due to the extreme stress and pressure the job demanded. For a few years I helped work in the office when an employee took days off. With being leadman of the warehouse, working in the office, taking calls to schedule incoming trucks and scheduling companies to come in for roll stock repair, it became very stressful for me also. At this point I went to management to voice my concern about the heavy responsibilities, as a result I was demoted to clamp truck driver and suffered a cut in pay. Then management decided to give the scheduling job to people in the office and the person that was given leadman position had much lighter responsibilities.
But I did enjoy my job very much and stayed busy and the days went by fast. – less
Great people to work for
Machine Feeder (Former Employee), Wichita, KSDecember 17, 2013
At Pratt Industries, i worked with people who genuinely cared for each other. At all levels, you found nothing but respect.
Great co-workers, but managment in need of training and professional development.
Welder / Fabricator (Former Employee), Bridgman, MIDecember 9, 2013
Overall the co-workers were great and everyone welding or fabricating worked well together. The way management leads their people needs improvement, they have a lot of turn over because they do not know how to show their employees how they value them. Training is a joke and they do not know how to properly teach someone who wants to better them self.
Very Unprodutive
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Independence, MODecember 3, 2013
For As Much Work As They Would Ask You To Do It Was Very Little Pay,. The People In Management Weren't Helpful.
Good Company overall
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Conyers, GAOctober 10, 2013
Pros: free lunches, little supervision
Cons: potential long hours
I learned a lot from some of my colleges and it was very challenging, but was handed a lot of responsibilities not discussed in my interview. I was able to take over the payables role that I had wanted but it was time to end the assignment
Always had plenty of work and support
General Laborer (Former Employee), Bessemer, ALSeptember 25, 2013
Love this job, wish I could've stayed. Need one just like it or close to it.
Most people were great to work with but a few bad apples spoil the bunch.
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Independence, MOSeptember 16, 2013
This job was one of the hardest to deal with of my life. The people for the most part were great but there were the few that made the day sour for all. I started out in the receiving department and was quickly moved to shipping. I really enjoyed the shipping department until I was placed in the office and there I received very poor training to do a – more... job that I was left to do by myself after only a few months. The operations manager did the best she could to help get 30 to 40 trucks out in an 8 hour period but that is near impossible to do so her and I were working 12-15 hour shifts a day. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the shipping office manager who has an ego the size of which no one can compete and made the day very miserable. While in the office I learned how to navigate through AS400 and I improved my computer skills and UPS and FedEx shipping skills. – less
overall not a bad place to work
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYAugust 30, 2013
To hectic with work hours always changing on a daily basis. Management started to let the companies moral slip to a low point
Nice company that does have the right idea on how to succeed in the US marketplace
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), PAAugust 28, 2013
With the future of OCC and the "green" initiative, Pratt is positioned to address this in the future.

1 2 3 4

About Pratt Industries

Pratt Industries (USA) doesn't mill around when it comes to recycling and caring for the environment. The company rivals the world's – Read more