Pratt Institute Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Graduate Assistant, Technical Tutor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2017
As a GA, I really enjoy working at Pratt Institute because I get to interact with a lot of students. I would like to mention that the management at Pratt is really good and is very helpful. They are very flexible when it comes to working hours.
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 2, 2017
Not the best place to be a GA. Other GA's produced little to no effort for the same pay. Pay was very low compared to other schools. Not enough input from students and professors
Fine
Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 20, 2017
Good manager, but the pay should be more than minimum wage based on how much we pay for tuition. Hours were good, allowed to work on homework during slow hours.
Fun and learn about computers and printers
Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2017
I really enjoyed it when I was a student in Pratt Institute. My Lab manager was very nice and friendly so there was a lot of work, but it was not hard to work!
Tough place to manage
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 24, 2017
The help were not trained well. They were very hard to implement new dishes and work ethics . they took there time in doing there work loads. they never hustled no urgency to complete their tasks.
Pros
large selection of foods
Cons
there was large amount of stealing from employees and students
Graduate assistance in registrar office
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 8, 2017
Very welcoming and friendly environment. Understanding management and a great supervisor. I enjoyed my time at Pratt as student and as Graduate Assistance
Security deparyment is the worste place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 17, 2017
Security department is the worst place to work. Many favoritism, dirty games with people, unprofessional, stressful, and definitely its not place for people who want build career and people who are friendly oriented. So so sick toxic place for work.
Student Worker
Events Planning / Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 28, 2017
Student work balanced well with classes. Pratt is a great place to study at and the work study program allows me to earn extra money for supplies and other needs.
Great access to supplies
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 20, 2017
The teachers were very friendly and it was absolutely a blast to work with such passionate students. I loved being able to have this job and teach by myself rather than co teaching.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Poor management
Productive and fun
Student (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 20, 2017
At the Pratt Institute I got exposed to the world of fashion and other visual arts such as painting and collaging. I learned a massive amount of information within a month and developed a newfound appreciate for the visual arts.

Want to know more about Pratt Institute?

Ask a question
Pratt Institute
Student Leader (Current Employee) –  BrooklynMay 6, 2017
I don't think that I would necessarily recommend working at pratt to any future students of fashion design, considering the studio culture fostered by the faculty and administration.
Productive and fun place to work and study
Pratt in Venice Undergraduate Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 1, 2017
Thanks to Pratt I am an excellent candidate for the field of fine arts including but not limited to:
teaching, gallery management, docent, curator, fine arts restoration, and
professional artist residency.
A well-paying, respectable job with convenient on-campus placement
Lab Monitor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 27, 2017
My lab monitor position was relatively easy to secure, provided I began emailing my supervisors and sending in applications a few months beforehand. I feel there is a good chance I will be returning at the start of my next school year.
There were several weeks of training required to properly perform the duties of my position, and I was payed for all hours I spent in the lab or at employee seminars. My hours are limited, since there are a number of student workers on the staff and all need to have their own time on duty. My first shifts were usually quiet, as I had an opening and closing one in my first semester.
The job pays relatively well, considering it is my first ($10 an hour), and this might be because of the amount of technical knowledge required for it. Providing timely service is at times a bit difficult, as occasionally procedures were complicated or equipment was temperamental, but overall the job is an enjoyable one.
Pros
Manageable hours compatible with my schedule, good pay, good communication with supervisor
I enjoyed working there
BENCH/ASSEMBLY CELL OP 1 (Former Employee) –  North Berwick, MEMarch 23, 2017
I enjoyed working there I wouldn't have left if I could have gone on first shift, great people to work with and the benifits are great and profit sharing and they have a appreciation days for there employees and gifts to give them as well it's great place to work and I would go back to it again if I could.
Pros
Insurance is great people r great to work with
Cons
I really don't have anything bad to say about this place
Nice work environment with much potential.
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INFebruary 10, 2017
The environment you work in is loud and hectic, but they do it in a organized fashion. They are a real
Professional business, and give there employees chances to move up and better them selves.
Great Place To Work
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 5, 2017
Very high level energy environment, interactive across various employee populations including administration, faculty, union and students.

Learned systems and compensation integration

Management is superb - open to new ideas and implementation

Workplace generously displays teamwork, honesty and integrity

Hardest part was having to leave such a wonderful place

The most enjoyable part was feeling at home, welcome and such a part of a team
Pros
parking available
Cons
nothing
Very nice to place to work
Switchboard Operator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  200 Willoughby Avenue, Brooklyn, N.Y. 11233January 23, 2017
Work independently, answer campus switchboard calls, keep online directory up to date, trouble-shoot campus wide telephone inquiries. A typical day is speaking to the general public, faculty and staff on the phone. Providing travel directions to our school and all other general information. I learned to be patient and to be compassionate to everyone's story. Management is very nice and easy to approach. The campus is very beautiful throughout the year. The hardest part of the job is seeing people retire or leave the institute as you build great relationships throughout the years. The most enjoyable part of the job is the grounds, very beautiful to look at. Art and sculptures are everywhere.
Pros
Great Time/ Leave Package
Cons
Not many opportuities to elevate to other positions.
Pratt Institute is one of the premier design schools.
Adjunct Professor - Communications Design (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 5, 2016
Pratt Institute is one of the premier design schools in the United States, placing consistently in the top five to ten art schools. The faculty and alumni are recognized as among the best qualified in the world.
Good People
Assistant to the Chair of Interior Design (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 8, 2016
Pratt has been a good Place to work. I have had great experiences here. If you work at Pratt and looking for advancement, its not going to happen easily.
Pros
Great Community of Students
Cons
No Advancment
Great Place to work
Computer Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 22, 2016
Academic Computing Facilities is like one big happy family. All the new plotters and 3D printing is a great asset to Pratt's Output Center
Pros
New technology