Pratt Institute

Pratt Institute Employer Reviews

It's a fast paced institution friendly people. Nice environment and i enjoyed working with the staff.
Clerk (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 11, 2014
Handled all correspondence and distribution as well. Scanned Transcripts and other document for applicants. Data entry using Docuware and Datatel. Filing and assisted counselors with special requests.
Pratt photography department
Lab Monitor (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: good management
My typical day is helping students out with 9900 printer's in order to achieve museum quality inkjet prints. As well as assisting with flextight scanners, and making sure the lab runs smoothly.
productive and balanced
Tutor (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 5, 2013
I liked the fact that i had a chance to work with students and show them how to do the work given to them in their classes. the most enjoyable part is when they tell me that the way I explain things to them are easier than how their teachers explain them.
A great learning experience
Coordinator of Student Planning (Current Employee), NYAugust 29, 2013
Pros: being able to guide student(s) down the path to success.
Cons: sometimes you have to work during your lunch break (but it's worth it)
The experience has taught me how to build a well-built relationship with other departments, students, faculty and staff as an organization. Hard work pays off in the long run.
Creative and Collaborative College Years
Trinity Wall Street / Design Intern (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYAugust 23, 2013
Those that will be missed, made some key developments as a person, artist, and designer at this school
Great experience
TA for Chava Ben-Amos for Packaging Graphics (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 9, 2013
Pros: great learning experience, great mentor, exposed more to package design.
Cons: not enough hours.
I really liked being a TA for Chava Ben-Amos. She is a fantastic designer who really has a lot of knowledge of the packaging field. After taking her class I wanted to be able to work with her. While working with her I gained so much more confidence in my own work and after this I feel I can really take on a leading role in package design.
Just a work study job.
Vice President, Pratt Jewelry Club (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 4, 2013
My bosses in the Fine Arts Wood Shop and the Jewelry Studio are both wonderful people. My supervisor for the Pratt Jewelry Club was also great. Those who work above them, though, have some work to do to make the management of departments at the school smoother. They should be working towards appealing to the students' needs, but don't always appear – more... to be doing so. – less
Offers flexibility and insight into events
Industrial Design Office Assistant (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 19, 2013
Pros: lunches during events, team-work, designing posters, inter-personal contacts
A typical day consists of supporting the Assistant to the Chair of the department. Running errands, attending to inquiries of the students and faculty, event-organization, and other various clerical duties are done regularly.

Management is very flexible and insightful. I am grateful to be on a team of collaborative co-workers, especially when there – more... are urgent needs to take care of.

The best part of the job is the satisfaction I get from helping everyone both inside the office and outside. I enjoy giving tours to our prospective students whenever the opportunity arises. – less
Overall the position is great.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: good experience on resume
This position helps me to get experiences teaching students.
fair
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 13, 2012
Pros: convenient and helpful while in school
A typical day was 2-4 hours. I would have like to have work set out for me complete rather than have to ask continuously is there anything I can do. I felt as though I was a bother rather than a help. Supervisor was great, knowledgable, personable, organized, hardworking and patient. It was enjoyable because of the connivence of working between classes. – more... I was grateful to be able to learn more about the department and give others help with information about the program. – less
just work there for the summer
Volunteer, Religious Task Force (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 2, 2012
Pros: i had to buy my own lunch.
Cons: i had about 1 hour lunch break
My experience there was working for a college doing filing,typing, sending out letter and reviewing students records.
Great enviroment
Project Assistant (Current Employee), Brooklyn, New YorkMay 16, 2012
A diverse work place, a place filled with professional attitudes and high standards.