Praxair Employee Reviews

Good benefits but maybe not worth the price
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Marmet, WVJanuary 19, 2017
I loved most of the people I worked with. There were a lot of dedicated hard working people committed to excellence at the company. After 2009 things changed and a serious policy of micromanagement started but never ended. Most jobs, especially management, were piled on with responsibilities. While the benefits were great, there was not a policy of flexible scheduling. Most managers had multiple sites possible hours apart and very little staff or support. I eventually chose my family and life over medium pay for maximum effort. Also... although they say otherwise, they are not a diversity minded company. At least not in the field
Not a great career place for finance professional
Project Manager/Senior Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJanuary 18, 2017
Corporate America politics is worsened by its internal exposures in south america. Over the years, a lot of SA employees were transferred to US corporate office under the name of training, but they all took the opportunity as a convenient vehicle of immigration. They limited other US based employees career advancement opportunities as well as nurtured a sort of mafia type of corporate culture. The management turned to blind to this trend for the sake of their strong presence in South America.
Performance driven workplace with a lot of emphasis on sound management through decision making with rigorous analysis
Project Business Lead (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJanuary 18, 2017
Great global workplace with lots of opportunity to learn. High emphasis on sound management with heavy analytical rigor. A Business Development professional will have to learn discounted cashflows, financial modeling, pricing strategy and management of base business.
Pros
Great learning, steep learning curve
Cons
Not very attractive compensation
Good job if independent
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Suffield, CTNovember 22, 2016
I enjoyed the work, something different every day.
The biggest problem with the company is poor management.
My immediate supervisor was not suited for a leadership role, he could not make a decision if his life depended on it.
I had little to do for nearly 9 months, I had to beg for something to keep the time card full.
It is hard to see that type of incompetence at an interview but upon reflection there were signs.
I wish I hadn't worked for them, it was 1 1/2 years wasted
Pros
Freedom to schedule work
Cons
Poor management, unable to give honest answers
It is a fast pace work environment with good benfits
Opperation Tech (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 3, 2017
It is a fast pace work environment with good benefits. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I was able to help someone or some company improve their quality of life. I enjoy working with my co-workers and they are mostly willing to lend a helping hand. The hardest part of my job is my workload however I am accustomed to the fast paced work environment.
Very Safety Oriented Enviroment
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  North Royalton, OHNovember 5, 2016
All jobs kept you busy. A great opportunity to learn about the packaged gas industry. Management was over worked. Coworkers are very knowledgeable and easy to get along with. Hardest part of the job was adjusting for customer demands with limited resources. The best part was having an opportunity to advance career.
Pros
Decent benefits, rate of pay for work required.
Cons
Manufacturing practices were not the same across the board, creating difficulties for LEAN operations.
Every growing and changing company
Marketing Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 22, 2016
Praxair is a company that I was fortunate enough to work for for many years. I had the opportunity to meet and work with people from various cultural and academic backgrounds and learn from them.
Pros
Understanding about family/work balance
Cons
Large company, Most people I worked with were from different areas of the country so no face to face interaction
Difficult place to work.
Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2016
Typical day of fielding 40 phone calls and dealing with the fact that most people can't and wont perform their job functions and having to accept that management will not do anything about it. Any accusations brought against you are taken as fact. It was hard dealing with all the personalities. Most enjoyable was the flexibility of my schedule.
Overall Score
Customer representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 23, 2016
Praxair is management heavy. Double the work with less results. Lower pay. Work life is very good. Coworkers some are very easygoing but most are judgement if you do not fall into the click.
Pros
work life. Some coworkers
Cons
Management overrated, do much bureaucratic garbage. DM is worthless he does not inspire employees to work for him.
horrible place to work
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 1, 2017
the job is horrible the day to day is just working loading your truck but the product isn't right and you have deal with a lot of unhappy customers that has issues that you cant even help sloved situtations and the co workers don't really care about other folks just them selves
Pros
great benfents
Cons
they dont pay enough

Want to know more about Praxair?

Ask a question
Company Needs Help
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYSeptember 3, 2016
The company shows no compassion for employees or customers. Everyone passes the buck and never follows up to ensure customers are satisfied. The culture and environment is toxic. Management is oblivious to how the company is run and rules are created and implied when and if it benefits management. I would never recommend anyone beginning a career with Praxair. One would think it was a prestigious and respectable employer to work for however a week in and you will see for yourself.
Great learning environment, but needs more work/life balance
Plant Engineer (Operations) (Current Employee) –  East Chicago, INDecember 24, 2016
This is the perfect environment to work in as a young engineer. The exposure is amazing. However, it is extremely demanding. That is why they do a great job of compensating their employees.
Pros
Compensation, Exposure
Cons
Healthcare, Work Hours
Good start, good company
Production Operator and Production Supervisior (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CA and Pitssburg, CAAugust 22, 2016
This company gave me a good start in this field. Everyday was a good day to learn about production. While at the facility in Roseville, the staff and management was very nice and a good mixture of personalities. My job wasn't hard at either the Pittsburg plant nor Roseville, I looked to changes jobs because management was going through lots of difficult changes-it became unstable.
absolutely loved working for this company
Sleep Care Management (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 23, 2016
best job I have ever had, Great management and co-workers very family oriented no stress it was a pleasure to get up and go to work. Company was bought out by Apria Healthcare so office was closed and we were all relocated,
Pros
loved everything
Cons
bought out
Flixible hours and dedicated to employee safety
Senior Project Manager & Senior Mechanical Engr (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 8, 2016
Work hours are flexible (within reason) based on personal / home issues that arise. They are also very dedicated to employee safety on and off the job.
Cons
As time goes on, they are more worried about the bottom line than the employee
Self knowledge, and growth within company.
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahAugust 22, 2016
This job contained a high volume of calls and top quality customer service within a day to day routine. I have gained self knowledge and growth as well as a global industry for welding gases, medical gases to specialty gases, welding equipment and computer skills as far as data entry to spreadsheets. This job had me maintain a positive outlook in future growth within a career and myself. This was a team oriented position where open communication was key and that sales can be all what you make it. Hardest part of the job is the difficulty of not being in the physical state that your customer is in. The most enjoyable part is every day is different and there is forever growth in knowledge, product, and awareness.
Pros
Benefits, Trainings, Luncheons.
Cons
Short lunches, Micro-managing.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 7, 2016
I learned the industrial industry and focus on management duties. I enjoyed the freedom to learn and make mistakes to ensure my success as well as the companies. It was a very memorable experience and at times miss working there.
Pros
Ability to grow and get further education
Cons
Poor local management
Big company with a small company feel.
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Concord, NH 03301December 15, 2016
Flexible hours, and friendly co-workers. Clean and safe work environment. Unsteady market causing wide swings in workload. Management is inconsistent between departments. Engaged in the community. Benefits are average.
Great Company to work for Co-workers are great as-well.
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 24, 2016
Treated with respect by Management and co-workers, work schedules are good not offered much over time, If your expecting it over all a good company to work for
Pros
Clean Work Environment, good health benefits
Cons
Rotating shift
Good place with good people
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 2, 2017
Praxair is a company filled with very talented people. It provides individuals with the opportunity to create value and impact the business in a positive fashion.
Pros
Personal career flexibility
Cons
Tricky work life balance at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Praxair. Our community is ready to answer.