Praxair Employee Reviews

fun
Inside Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WANovember 16, 2017
it is a good place to work good environment great management good benefits good employees lot of thing to learn in the products that are sold by them.
Productive, Frienly and a good place to work.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXNovember 15, 2017
Being I was new to the industrial gasses/welding industry, it one of the most diffult task I've ever taken on.

I learned more and more everyday. I went from zero accounts to being acknowledged as the Territory Manager with the greatest growth within the US and winning the President's Golden Seal award.

With all of us (sales team) being in and out, there wasn't much interacting within the team.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was able to meet this challange head on and do such a good job.
Pros
Cons
It was kind of a sink or swim theme
Lacks a positive workplace culture
Southern Reliability Center (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXNovember 13, 2017
My job was enjoyable in the beginning when management seemed concerned with employee work/life balance and teamwork. Unfortunately for me, that is no longer the case. Lack of support and team work creates a negative workplace culture. This is why I'm looking for other opportunities.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXNovember 8, 2017
When I first moved to Praxair they were TWSCO and TWSCO merged with Praxair. The company is awesome, great close family with great attitudes about their work. It is very face paced as there is a lot to do in a day but it is great if you want to keep moving.
Respiratory sales as well as durable medical equip.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 7, 2017
An average day at Praxair started in the office with paperwork. We were responsible for getting corrections made to incorrect paperwork provided to us by doctors offices. I would also maintain existing relationships with cardiologists, pulmonologists, general practitioners and hospitals in my territory, as well as working to find new clients. Main products sold were, oxygen, cpap's, bipap's and misc. durable medical equipment. I had 4 managers in the 3 yrs I worked there, so the work environment changed many times. From this I learned mostly, how to work with different management styles. There was always someone to go to for help when needed though. There are many competing companies in this market so always being in front of clients was key. I enjoyed working with the office staff at the physicians offices.
Pros
Worked with great people
Cons
Too much management turn over
n/a
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 2, 2017
Great place to work in one location. Great people working in the location with a lot of experience to pull from and learn your career. A lot to offer compared to other companies in Charlotte.
It is a job with some benefits, until you find something better.
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXNovember 1, 2017
To remain competitive Praxair tries to hire the best for the lowest pay possible, which doesn't work out well. The average new hire stays around 3 to 5 years, obtaining their skills to be applied at other companies which offer better pay, vacation, and / or benefits. Operators are required to be on-call or standby on their off time without pay. Vacation time is limited to only certain months. There is little opportunity for advancement. Frequent schedule changes and/or shift changes are common. Local mgmt often has it's hands tied by offsite mgmt or mgmt out of New York.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Poor work life, home life balance. Poor benefits. Very little layoff as they just don't hire after people quit.
Something new everyday
Standard Plant Technician (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, SC; Pampa, TX; Big Spring, TXOctober 30, 2017
Operating air separation plants was fun and challenging. It was a good place to work if you could overlook the direct management. The upper management was excellent. The hardest part of the job was time off. The plants were considered unmanned and you are always on call.
Fast paced challenging work environment with lots of opportunity to learn and grow
Maintenance Technician / Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 29, 2017
Work schedule has driven me away along with poor management. I really like what I do and have learned a lot in my time here. The hiring in the last 3-4 years for maintenance technicians has been terrible. Enforcement of company policy has been poor and management has not followed up on some of the policies that are in place.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Work schedule, work life balance
One of best employers
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Loveland coOctober 28, 2017
Big boy job not for cowboys serious safety culture drivers on their own expected to do job right every time abide by all dot regulations follow all company policies
Pros
Union job
Cons
Logistics like most jobs
Co-workers were fun and friendly
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 28, 2017
I enjoyed working with the employees and found them to be very helpful with new hires. As a temp-to-possible hire employee, I received great pay for the responsibilities I performed.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not enough hours
Recommendable
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Magna, UTOctober 27, 2017
I was in a few different roles with Praxair and spent almost 10 years with them. I grew a lot in my career with them and they allowed me to grow. Like any big publicly traded company, they try to run lean to give the best benefit for the share holder.
Pros
Room to grow
Productive and challenging workplace
Logistics Planner (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYOctober 25, 2017
Troubleshooting
Problem solving
Experience something new each day
Work closely with your team
Strong management presence
Fluid work environment
Cross team collaboration
Productive and fun to work for.
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXOctober 25, 2017
Great place to work for. emplyees and management do care about thier employees. People working together. training was very good. small turnovers in company.
Good company to work for especially initially in your career
Developer (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYOctober 24, 2017
You will get good understanding of how corporate system works in a big Non IT organization. Good work life balance. The company stresses heavily on safety which I think is required for any company.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Conventional, Difficult to progress, Salary
Stressful place
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 24, 2017
I will not recommend any driver to work there because is a logistic company which is raun they do not pay good instead they will give to you with out baseline pay is no good.
Pros
They push
Cons
Just lunch
No longer in business
Regional Hold Revenue Manager (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTOctober 23, 2017
This company is no longer in business. It was bought by Apria. I never worked at Apria so I am unable to give a current review on Apria's work environment and culture
Does not care about employee
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 17, 2017
Bad place to work they tell you what you want to hear to get you in the door but they never come true hold you in the same spot the pay is bad they give you 5 cent raise
Pros
Cons
They will tell you what you want to hear
good place to work
furnace controller operator (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MEOctober 16, 2017
the company had annual pinics,also serves pizzas on special occasions,gave time off for having complete a special assignment gives awards for attendance
Pros
free lunch
Cons
working on holidays
Good company
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 16, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Praxair ,, but they pay far below market overall they demand a lot from there employees but don't compensate. No real room for job advancement either.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Praxair. Our community is ready to answer.