Praxis Engineering Employee Reviews

One of the best places I've worked
Systems Integrator Engineer (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDDecember 3, 2015
Company with integrity, respect for their people, and as they continue to grow, they try to maintain a small company attitude and keep their employees feeling like 'they' are the company!
Wonderful experience.
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 23, 2014
A small company with wonderful benefits. Very hard work, but refreshing to be heard by management.
A great company
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDJanuary 12, 2014
I would still be there if government funding had not run out on funding.
Pros
company full of smart people
Cons
on your own for months at a time with no work feeback.
A very positive company
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDSeptember 20, 2013
I had a great experience working with Praxis. Relaxing and kind environment to work within.
Best company I've worked for in 15 years
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Annapolis JunctionNovember 21, 2012
I've only been with Praxis for about 6 months but I love the group here. It's hard to find a company that genuinely encourages a good work/life balance; most companies say they do but rarely follow through. Just about everyone I know here is involved in something outside of work: charities, running clubs, theater, etc..., and whatever you want to participate in, the company will almost always provide some kind of support.

As for the work environment, it's the little things that I've been impressed with here. In this industry it's often the case that the contracts you work on don't vary all that much regardless of who you're working for, but how the company supports you on those contracts does. My initial set up here was quick and seamless, from HR and the whole hiring practice to IT and getting my workstations running. I've seen enough incompetence in those areas in other companies that I notice when it's done well.

Bottom line: In my career I've worked for very large defense companies, an extremely small one, and even a gaming studio, and I can say without reservation that Praxis has the best mix of interesting work, well-rounded employees, and great ownership.
Pros
great owners, company encourages participation in all kinds of activities, reputation is outstanding in the community, benefits and profit-sharing are very good
Cons
may have to work at a customer site rather than the home office (though most are very close)
A company that believes in it's employees and lets them excel.
Software Configuration Manager 3 (Current Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDNovember 15, 2012
The Praxis Management team is an outstanding group of knowledgeable technical and business professionals. They guide the company and the policies. They ensure that the employees and staff are provided the best training and opportunities. We, as employees, are encouraged to pursue training, certifications and additional degree programs that both interest us and benefit the company. What makes us better makes the company stronger. The dedication of management and employees to customer success drives all of us to do our best. When we exceed customer expectations and requirements we increase the opportunities for the company and employees to expand our base of satisfied customers. The hardest part is choosing what to study next. In a way the training opportunities are like being in a candy store and having to choose one treat at a time. Truly, the only limitation is how much you restrict yourself as an employee. The opportunity is there. My co-workers are great and it's always a relaxed learning environment. The most enjoyable part is the balanced approach. We work hard and the management recognizes that and holds activities to show appreciation for our efforts. What I've learned is that it is okay to speak up and share ideas. On any given day any one of us may come up with an idea that makes a difference to one or more customers. The job is always interesting, challenging and rewarding all at the same time.
Pros
training, opportunity, support, allowed to grow.
Cons
i have not seen or experienced any.
A company that is truly committed to the success of its' employees
Program Staffing (Current Employee) –  Annapolis Junction MDNovember 13, 2012
Praxis Engineering is a collection of talented minds that like to have fun. Very collaborative and productive culture. Management is available and approachable. Corporate goals are clearly defined and the vision is engrained into the daily routine. Solutions driven (not just butts in seats).
Pros
fun, exciting work environment. work-life balance. plenty of complimentary snacks, refreshments. community service/involvement. smart people.
Company committed to its employees
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Annapolis JunctionSeptember 26, 2012
My time with Praxis has been truly enjoyable. Company is built upon and driven by its core values, which translates into a balance between productivity and fun. Full of great people that are customer driven.
Pros
benefits, culture, work-life balance

Praxis Engineering Reviews by Location