Audio Visual Field Technician I
You will be responsible for performing assembly, installation of equipment, materials and systems as directed, specified and required in the project documentation which may include, but not limited to, rack assembly, audio, video and control terminations, speaker, video projector, flat panel and projection screen mounting as well as audio, video and control testing, and system tuning.
Additionally, responsible for reading and understanding assigned project documentation, and determine if additional information is required. Informing the Project Manager of any problems and concerns with assigned projects; maintain updated as-built drawings and documentation for assigned projects and responsible for reporting daily time and activity to supervisor.
Take ownership and responsibility of workmanship while being supported by an engineering and project management team
- Have a pleasant personality, neat appearance and the ability to deal professionally with clients and coworkers
- Have a clean driving record, valid driver’s license, and be insurable
- Have a willingness and ability to climb ladders and scaffolding and operate power tools
- Be willing to work evening and weekends from time to time as necessary
- Have time management skills, be reliable and honest
- Have excellent communication and computer skills
You must have a general or in-depth understanding of:
- Control and video distribution
- Structured cabling, grounding, equipment rack fabrications, termination and calibration of audio video equipment
- Test equipment use
- Commercial construction environments
- Crestron and Extron control systems
- Troubleshooting complex audio, video, switching and control problems
- Soldering and mechanical terminations
- SMART software
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Health insurance
- 3 to 5 years working experience
- 1 – 2 years of either networking, cabling, electrical, A/V or construction experience preferably in a project based organization
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Valid Driver’s License
Physical, Mental And Environmental Requirements:
- You will be required to stand, walk, crouch, climb and sit, but may be required to stand for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to carry items, operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools and to handle other equipment
- Ability to lift and transport moderately heavy equipment (up to 50 pounds)
Indeed - 9 months ago
Precise Audio Visual was formed upon the retirement of Harry Joseph from his audio visual systems integration business.
Not ready to...