Candidates must be top notch WITH EXPERIENCE IN A PHARMACY, proficient with computers and able to perform and multi-task in a fast paced team work environment. We have positions open in our Retail Location and Long Term Care Company.
Precision Care Data Entry Position (Latrobe)
The Data Entry Technician, in addition to being our voice and representative to our customers over the phone, is ultimately responsible for ensuring that medication and treatment orders received from Precision Care Pharmacy’s retail, nursing home and assisted living home customers are entered and billed promptly and accurately into Precision Care Pharmacy’s QS1 system. The Data Entry Technician is also responsible for follow up telephone calls to doctors, nurses, and customers. This is particularly the case when an order is received with incomplete and/or illegible information. Positive attitude and excellent customer service, computer, telephone, and interpersonal skills are highly important. The Data Entry Technician is also responsible for a variety of other duties as assigned, such as filing and submitting refill requests, running and updating reports, and occasional help with packing medication.
Medicine Shoppe Technician Position (Greensburg)
Pharmacy Technician Job Duties:
Helps patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; ringing register; and referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; entering into the PDX software system; properly billing patient prescription insurance; preparing labels; and calculating quantities
Operating state-of-the-art Rx filling and counting machines
Handles Customer Service Issues answering patient questions about their prescriptions, ringing register, and referring to the pharmacist when needed.
We are a GROWING company and we promote a positive and family work environment with GREAT HOURS typically 9-6 Weekdays and Every Other Saturday 9-2 – NO EVENINGS, NO SUNDAYS, NO HOLIDAYS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive manual faxes and electronic Rxs and input the data into the QS1 system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Place and receive calls to and from facilities and customers to alert them to any issues during the data entry process.
- Scan prescriptions appropriately for accurate storage and retrieval.
- Decide when to confer with pharmacists or call doctors and nurses for order clarification.
- Follow up with Refill Requests, Prior Authorizations and Calendar Items.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred.
- Strong computer skills, experience with Microsoft Windows and Office applications
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent problem-solving and follow through skills.
- Good mathematical skills are necessary.
- Strong work ethic and desire to serve our customers and residents.
- Experience with QS1 (character) preferred
- Experience with pharmacy data entry (prescriptions and billing) required