Precision CastParts Employee Reviews

Busy environment
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 17, 2017
I learned how to do cycle counts and correct routers if paperwork was wrong. Management wasn't overbearing. They were helpful when issues would come up. They were encouraging on a daily basis. I would say the hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with all of the other departments. The most enjoyable part of my job was the co-workers.
Pros
gym membership paid for, bonus checks
Cons
the loud noise
Overall this company is my ideal company to work for.
FPI Inspector (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORMay 16, 2017
A typical day at precision consisted of training modules, inspecting aircraft castings per techcard standards, performing different methods of FPI inspection. Entering data of discontinuities, and reporting defects of different call out sizes. The workplace and culture was a great environment with skilled professionals. Management was easily approachable and highly informative. The commute from Salem to Milwaukie was a negative for me. It was a hour long commute so my job work / life balance was way off, leaving me with limited time after work for other things. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was learning the job. I'm passionate about this industry, I had the best time in NDT school and I know I can preform and enjoy most of the NDT inspection method positions.
Pros
Benefits, hours, progression
Cons
Distance from home
great place to work
1st Inspection / Lead (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 1, 2017
It dusty dirty loud work, but I loved it. long hours, dangerous work. Great crew. Good managers. Great pay. Would work there again in a heart beat. If you don't like getting dirty you wont like the work but if you can get passed that then its all down hill from there.
Pros
great pay
Cons
cut throat upper management
Avoid this company if you can
NDT Level II Inspector (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTApril 24, 2017
Work experience here was great to obtain although I would not consider this a please try experience. Overtime I have no problem with but management was very spiteful and employees were leaving all the time due to low pay, strict deadlines, and were not being treated properly or with respect. I did not enjoy working here but didn't have much of a choice being so young with no experience.
Pros
Unlimited overtime, pleasant coworkers
Cons
Horrible management staff, you will essentially live here
Stayed busy,
Deburr Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 19, 2017
I absolutely loved working in deburr, miss it so much. Been there 7 years, last 3 were terrible though. Had to leave. Great benefits!! Several changes
Pros
Hourly pay and bonuses were always good
Cons
too much drama
Pcc Is terrible.
Caustic Operator (Former Employee) –  Groton,CTApril 14, 2017
They don't train you, and they set you up for failure. And the management is the worst management I've ever had. Horrible the way they do things.Youll see when and if you get hired
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
Working at PCC
Once a great place to work.
Maintenance /Millwright (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 8, 2017
It is sad to see a management team do so much damage to a good team. I truly hope the corporate managers will investigate the effectiveness of their employee relationships.
Pros
good wages, excellent skill exposure
Cons
poor management team
Excellent environment to advance
Utility Aide (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORMarch 25, 2017
An enjoyable workplace with a large base of diverse workers. Opportunities abound if employee shows interest and applies themselves to learning new skills. I started in a basic entry position and through persistence gained skills necessary to operate much more in depth machinery. I learned advanced techniques while being tutored by a qualified trainer. Every day was a welcomed new challenge surrounded by competent and helpful co-workers. The only difficulty i encountered was maintaining the stamina to work all of the overtime hours i wanted to put in. All in all, i enjoyed every aspect of my job. There seemed to always be something new each day to stimulate growth in my skill set.
Pros
Excellent opportunities to advance
Cons
Seniority rules
There are worse options..
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAMarch 22, 2017
The pay wasn't great starting out but the structured pay raises are worth it (plus, nice benefits). Great co-workers/work environment. I worked in finishing & packaging parts for Merida and it wasn't a bad job at all, just a bad time in my life. The biggest downside is long hours standing or sitting (one or the other), but if you're used to factory work PCC is a great company.
Pros
Good benefits, structured raises, good work environment
Cons
Long hours sitting or standing in one place
Very poor management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMarch 1, 2017
Vacuum and air melt managers can not be trusted it has been proven that they are there for them selves and if you don't kiss there you know what they will find any way they can to get rid of you legally or not
Driving Box Trucks
Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 23, 2017
Load box truck with parts, deliver parts to other docks within the company, then pick up parts and bring them back.
The most enjoyable part of the job was not being stuck inside of a building all shift.
I worked with great guys that made for a good job.
Furnace Operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 26, 2017
A typical day at Precision Cast Parts was hard work and good people.I spent most of my years there in the foundry.The only female, so workplace culture,you can only imagine. It was a blast!!
Pros
great salary, benifits
Cons
physically demanding
Teamwork need not apply
Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 24, 2017
Toxic work environment devoid of any teamwork to get to the desired results. Productivity is number one at this company, they will not let you forget that either. Cheesy mottos are thrown around in a poor effort to get you to work harder for a never ending target. Two words sum up this location....stay away!!!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours, and weekends are never ending
PCC Culture is not for everyone
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 7, 2017
You have to be an accountable,self-motivated and strong self supporter to work within the PCC culture.

The business is very driven and successful, but there is no teamwork due to the drive for independent metrics.
Pros
Independence
PCC Review
Metallurgical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVDecember 26, 2016
I worked for their R&D branch in West Virginia. Do yourself a favor, stay far, far away. The boss expected me to go in at all hours of the night, for 30-60 minutes, and was then upset about why I did not come in on time the next day. Seriously mortifying, he did not even want to give me overtime for it. What a horrible experience. I cannot speak to other plants across the country, but avoid this one like the plague. It is the least profitable of all of the plants, and when you're there it truly shows. No one cares to fix anything, they just want the books to look good. Seriously, look elsewhere. You're better than this.
IT is a disaster
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 16, 2016
I had never seen a more poorly run department with apathetic workers. Tickets languish for months. I was ashamed to be affiliated with the department.
N/a
Intern Product/Dimensional Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 14, 2016
I choose to not review this company. However, it's required to make an account so here I am writing this review. I also need one hundred fifty characters.
It's a good job pay wise.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 21, 2016
Dog eat dog, seniority based everything. Great vacation and pay benefits though. The work was pretty simple, but don't expect anybody to help you when you need it.
Overall recommended, tons of overtime
SPS tech (Former Employee) –  Jenkintown, PANovember 8, 2016
There is always work! because the company does contract for the defense sector the work keeps coming in. Sometimes it is hard to keep up.

Coworkers are super pleasant, mostly keep to ourselves because most of us are machine operators.

Management is a little bit out of touch. managers come and go quickly. New managers try all sort of things. Sometimes the blame game between different departments is annoying.

hardest part of the job is the pace. We're supposed to work quickly but defects are not taken lightly.

most enjoyable part of the job: over time, tons of it. However if you don't want to work it's fine.
Pros
Overtimes!
Cons
management keeps changing.
productive
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CANovember 8, 2016
Start work at 6am. Start tagging inventory, after that was finished I help out the metal department with processioning orders. Once processed we would pull or and make sure it was correct.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Precision CastParts. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8