Precision Door Service Employee Reviews

Big office with a shop
Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 8, 2017
Great place to work,the people there were good to work with.Easy to learn the system that they had from the office to the techs on there computer pads.
Negative
Customer Service Manager / Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 25, 2017
I refuse to complete this review. Please do not ask me to review any more employers. I see that it wants 150 characters, but this is completely rediculous.
It was a nice place, very family oriented.
Customer Service Repersentative (Former Employee) –  Memphis TNAugust 17, 2017
I enjoyed working with everyone. It's very fast paced with high call volume. My job was changed weekly and one time it was changed twice in one week. I didn't get much training but was trying my best to do everything that was delegated to the best of my ability. I asked for help when needed, and took notes when being trained to do anything. The hardest part of this job for me was being first to answer the phones along with my other duties I had to complete in a certain time frame. There were a lot of times I'd have to stop what I was doing to answer the phone and help customers. There were times as soon as I got off a call another would be coming in and I would take the second and third call as well. While I was taking calls my other duties included, accounts payable and receivable, following up with previous days customers for three locations, contacting technicians to complete work orders, correcting discrepancies in customer accounts, printing previous day commercial estimates for review and sending them to the customer, and lead management. They have high office turnover.The most enjoyable part of this job for myself was the customer interaction.
Pros
Customer interaction, family oriented.
Cons
Only 30 minutes for lunch, no other breaks, and minimal training.
Excellent place to work great opportunitys to Excell at life and offers challenging atmosphere and great opportunity
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 13, 2017
Excellent place to work great opportunitys to Excell at life lots of fun people as well as good opportunity to meet new people on the road staff is fanomanal
Pros
Work at your pace as long as your on time
Excellent workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 24, 2017
Great company to be employees at, fun and energetic atmosphere, caring employer and coworkers, management is very helpful, reliable, and available. Busy days
Pros
Great company all together to work for
Cons
Short breaks
One of the best jobs to be at
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLMay 3, 2017
Precision is a great job. You answer phones and schedule appointments for customers who are looking for repairs, estimates or new garage doors. I learned a lot about garage doors and customer service in general. The management is fair and loves to see advancement from their employees. I loved speaking to people all over the country and just enjoyed this job all around.
Highly Motivated to ensure a good customer experience.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Las VegasFebruary 14, 2017
Great teamwork, everyone helps each other. Owner attempts to make compensation fair for busy times. (does not always work)
Easy job to burn out at with the on call schedule. Small business environment so must be able to deal with a variety of extreme personalities.
Makes other jobs feel like you are not working.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Not at a good work / life balance
Nice work environment, work/life balance not ideal
Sales and Technician (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJanuary 18, 2017
Nice place to work for a "job" ideal job for a single person with no family. Get to work at 7:30am, i would get my schedule for the day. a job every 2 hours starting at 8,10,12, 2, 4, 6pm. We cover most of central to south eastern part of the state. Logistics could be better as you could have an hours drive between jobs.

I enjoy the fact the you have unlimited earning potential, but the 12-14 hours day can be difficult after a while. You miss out on the family life as you start work at 7:30 and don't get back to the shop until 8 sometimes 9pm.
Pros
unlimited earning potenial
Cons
pay does not equal the hours spent
Overall
Door Installer (Former Employee) –  PhoenixJanuary 14, 2017
Company was good every so often, a lot of nonsense you had to deal with to make a living. Always have to worry day by day if you will have a job after some random nonsense.
wonderful staff
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grandville, MIJanuary 11, 2017
love working with this crew, very fun to work for. grreat pay if you are a tech. alwyas willy to help, great hours and good benefits. hard working and wonderful ethics
Left During Training
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Las VegasOctober 21, 2016
I was hired to be an installer with the possibility of being a technician.. Technicians complain about everything. The guy training me would quit twice a day and blame the lady in the office. My fist day the lady who hired me had to tell the manager to train me.
The manager would make fun of me when I was in the office. The lady who hired me quit, I did not go back after . I did not want to work for the manager.
Pros
was not there long enough to find the pros.
Cons
The manager in charge of the techs will make fun of you.
Good, for call center work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Titusville, FLMay 26, 2016
Call center work is not enjoyable, at least to me. PDS does as well as any company to make it tolerable, but it is what it is.
Pros
Excellent compensation, employer paid insurance
Cons
Abusive customers, frustrating rule constraints
Friendly, Appropriate environment to work with
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Titusville, FLApril 14, 2016
A typical day working at Precision Door Service involved lots and lots of phone conversations. To me that is something i enjoy. The work environment is well, the employees are friendly and management is great. The only thing i was not fond about with this company is the instability. There is no set schedule and that is something as a mother that is unpleasant to me.
Pros
Full Benefits, Raises and paid lunch.
Cons
No Set Schedule
Good work environment, learned alot about installing and repairing doors
Installer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 26, 2016
Good environment to work, I learned a lot about installing and repairing garage doors. Would pick up doors daily to install, would make repairs and make sales suggestions as needed
Pros
good company
Cons
pay not in line with hours worked needed more money
great place to work pay well
managementand ownership demanding (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 18, 2016
Management was unorganized did not represent employees well. Owner was great allowed employees to spend time with family. was not fare with commissions at times controlled calls coming in
Pros
set your own hours willing to work with schedule of spending time with family
Potential to make $$$$ but no room to grow
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Buchanan, NYJanuary 5, 2016
Small private own franchise, very good sales training but I felt if a sale wasn't made on every call, I had the feeling I could be fired. A lot of pressure from management to sell, sell, sell on every call you have to sell something. This really went against my belief as a Christian, I felt that I was ask to sell a product that at the time wasn't needed to some customers. I take pride on not lying and to live a righteous life in front of God, which after a 13 months of employment I resign with only 1 week of notice. I earned good money with the commission based salary + hourly. But felt that I was working too many hours most days and my commission was still low due to their pay system.
Pros
Potential to make lots of money w/commission based salary, Very good sales training.
Cons
Alot of mandatory overtime + Saturdays. If Min sales average is not met you can be terminated.
Small business with exceptional values.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 11, 2015
Management is tough but fair. Long Hours, good compensation.
Blue collar environment, good people to work with. Must excel at customer service.
poor
Door Service & Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLDecember 1, 2015
this is a poor company to work for. the mistreat people and customers blah blah blah blah blah blah blah it was horrible dont go there
Office environment with little workload
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 4, 2015
I was not with Precision Door service for very long, I was laid off due to lack of work available. While there, I was the office manager. I handled scheduling of technicians, accounts payable/receivable, and filing of job paperwork.
Pros
Fair compensation
Cons
Slow paced atmosphere, laid off.
Good place to work. Love the other employees.
Technician/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indian Harbour Beach, FLSeptember 24, 2015
Have worked here part time for the past 3 to 4 years. I have
learned a lot about the business atmosphere as well
as taught excellent customer service. I enjoyed talking to customers
and helping them solve their needs or linking them to someone who can. My co-workers were the best part of the job. We share
a great relationship.
Pros
Great Staff, flexible working hours.
Cons
The company is owned by my family and I would like to be more independent in my positon.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Precision Door Service. Our community is ready to answer.

Precision Door Service Reviews by Location